Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

may as well post it here, since it's tangentially related

The third of the new spirit events for Smash Bros will be Scarlet & Violet themed. Going by how the other spirits worked, it'll probably be 3 group spirits for Ogerpon/Terapagos, Koraidon/Miraidon and Sprigatito/Fuecoco/Quaxly
The official SmashBrosJP account revealed their stats. Ogerpon and Terapagos are split and the starters are a support unlike the SWSH ones.
1707328940364.png
1707328955267.png

1707328963052.png
1707328984005.png

I've known this trick for a while and after much procrastinating I've finally decided to share it

Do you consistantly get performance drops in certain areas? Move the camera downwards. Yes that's it

For some reason when you rotate the camera downwards until you reach a certain threshhold it's like someone flipped a "no-performance drops" switch and fps instantly goes up when you hit said threshhold

This specifically works for whenever there is a large mass of water on the screen but I've had slight improvements in other areas too

Hope this helps!

For some reason when you rotate the camera downwards until you reach a certain threshhold it's like someone flipped a "no-performance drops" switch and fps instantly goes up when you hit said threshhold
It's mainly cause the big causes of FPS drops are the amount of animated stuff rendered at same time. Moving the camera down removes the sky and a sizeable amount of both rendered pokemon and various animated entities like grass or trees.

It's mainly cause the big causes of FPS drops are the amount of animated stuff rendered at same time. Moving the camera down removes the sky and a sizeable amount of both rendered pokemon and various animated entities like grass or trees.
I knew that

The thing is that it’s not a gradual change, as soon as you reach a certain threshhold it instantly performs better which is what I meant by that sentence

I've known this trick for a while and after much procrastinating I've finally decided to share it

Do you consistantly get performance drops in certain areas? Move the camera downwards. Yes that's it

This specifically works for whenever there is a large mass of water on the screen but I've had slight improvements in other areas too

Hope this helps!
This is how you lower lag in Goldeneye speedruns by always looking at the floor.

1708471582710.png

It turns out there will actually be an event going on the weekend before Pokemon Day, but not a raid, just a pokeball themed outbreak with a "mystery" Pokemon. Apparently this will go on through the 27th as well, though I guess they could still fit in a raid drop and have the 2 events overlap for the day.

I mean you can get Voltorb in regular balls from Go or breeding them into them.
But not into the 100 miscellaneous pokeballs available in the main games.
Though personally I am a fan of just Pokeball for voltorb itself, but the other hisuians have different colors and are you a real person if you're not catching pokemon in pokeballs that match their color?

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That could techically also be Galatian Stunfisk if they're willing to add its data to the game. The nose is Pokéball-shaped and it buries itself to mimic them in Sword and Shield.

Although that would need an update just for a mass outbreak, so it's unlikely.

Also we can guess the two Hisuan Voltorbs behind the ? picture though.

But not into the 100 miscellaneous pokeballs available in the main games.
Though personally I am a fan of just Pokeball for voltorb itself, but the other hisuians have different colors and are you a real person if you're not catching pokemon in pokeballs that match their color?
Fun Fact: While Ball inheritance is always from the mother/non-Ditto parent, regional form inheritance will work regardless of which parent holds the Everstone. So while it doesn't work for the Voltorb line specifically, you can get Hisuian Sneasel, for example, in any ball just by breeding a male one holding the Everstone to a female regular Sneasel in the appropriate ball.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Very cool they’re doing this for unavailable regional forms. Hopefully its done for others. Perhaps we’ll also get a raid event at some point for regular Ursaluna and Hisuian Braviary

Fun Fact: While Ball inheritance is always from the mother/non-Ditto parent, regional form inheritance will work regardless of which parent holds the Everstone. So while it doesn't work for the Voltorb line specifically, you can get Hisuian Sneasel, for example, in any ball just by breeding a male one holding the Everstone to a female regular Sneasel in the appropriate ball.
Fathers can pass balls down if you breed with the same species since Gen 7.

Fathers can pass balls down if you breed with the same species since Gen 7.
Ok? That there's a 50% chance of the Hisuian Pokémon's ball passing (or a regular Pokéball if it's in a Strange Ball), also that only works with the same exact species if your source of Hisuian Sneasels is a Sneasler it'll always be the mother's ball (or if the mother is a Weavile).

Next regulation series information is up, starts May 1 and finally opens up restricted Pokemon, you can bring one with you.
It goes past Worlds so this is probably the VGC format for the year

Guessing next year they just up to 2 restricted Pokemon

Next regulation series information is up, starts May 1 and finally opens up restricted Pokemon, you can bring one with you.
It goes past Worlds so this is probably the VGC format for the year

Guessing next year they just up to 2 restricted Pokemon
I'm honestly looking forward to the format.

HOWEVER

I think they'll pull the same ""trick"" of last year: Worlds will be in a completely different regulation than the one that was live before it.

While people didn't like it that much as you had to go in basically blind, there is also the fact that without a formed meta, there is more room for creativity.

I'm honestly looking forward to the format.

HOWEVER

I think they'll pull the same ""trick"" of last year: Worlds will be in a completely different regulation than the one that was live before it.

While people didn't like it that much as you had to go in basically blind, there is also the fact that without a formed meta, there is more room for creativity.
if I'm remembering the timing for last year, Worlds was in a different regulation than the one when it was announced just because of how the timeline worked out.
Regulation A-C were pretty brief affairs and C ended before "VGC season" proper, so Worlds rules were going to focus on the regulation that would be live, which was D and had the new Nat Dex/lack of origin ruling

I don't see much reason for them to go "surprise it's actually Regulation H where you bring two restricted Pokemon!", when Regulation G will be active the entire time from May to the end of August.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)