Pokemon Red, Blue, and Yellow In-Game Tiers Reboot - Writeups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing a quick QC here as DSG asked me too.

S Rank

Abra: Odd question, Is Kadabra just as S worthy as Alakazam? Like, the difference between the two is negligible?
Clefairy: Probably remove the second "Many" under movepool (to target weaknesses).
Jynx: Honestly surprised its in S when you have to sequence break hard to get it early. The context works, but who would even use Jynx vs Blaine?
Mr Mime: Typo for confusion under movepool. Maybe reword the Major Battles section as it reads odd to me
Nidoran-F: You use "performance" a whole bunch of times here. Maybe try swapping one of them out and see how it reads.
Nidoran-M: Same as above. If they are this similar, isn't it just worth talking about them at the same time if they are in the same tier and there isn't any realistically huge differences between them?

A Rank
Articuno: Major Battles; Odd sentence when you list Blaine and Lorelei? I think its missing a comma or something. Under Additional Comments "However, its biggest flaws is" should probably be "biggest flaws are". Also you could just finish that sentence with "Seafoam islands being out of the way" to avoid repeating Obtain again.
Jigglypuff: Reading this entry makes me wonder why its in A Rank at all. Heavy TM usage and a reliance on Sing doesn't sound like an A Rank mon to me? Sure it can take a hit, but it sounds like it needs a lot of help. If you're determined to keep it in A, I would reword this slightly more positively.
Sandshrew: You mention basically all the gym leaders under typing, then repeat it later on under major battles. Probably move the information about Gym Leaders to just Major battles and tweak the Typing section.

B Rank
Bellsprout: Typing has merged into Availability here
Geodude: Im confused why you are mentioning Self Destruct and Explosion here? No one will ever use them.
Jigglypuff Y: Again, considering how harsh the A Rank is for Jiggly for RB, can we not merge these?
Machamp: Probably explain where the trade Machoke is located?
Seel: Formatting issue; Major Battles merges into Movepool
Spearow: Formatting issue; Movepool merges into Stats

C Rank
Krabby: Typing; issue with grammar "Water make Krabby"
Shellder: Why are we mentioning Self Destruct and Explosion?
Vulpix: Formatting issues

D Rank
Caterpie: Only briefly mentioning its matchup vs Brock is a bit of an odd one, considering its one of the few mons that can easily play around bide and still come out reasonably well.
Dratini: Its probably worth mentioning Agility alongside TWave for the same Wrap strategies
Ekans: Not mentioning RB Koga here under typing is odd when you mention Erika. Also formatting issue at the end.
Electabuzz: Formatting issues.
Growlithe: Formatting issues.
Lickitung: mfw it doesn't learn Lick in Gen 1
Ponyta: Formatting issues
Scyther: Odd sentence structure under typing? I get what you mean but not how its written.
Tangela: Formatting issues. Tangela is also available directly south of Pallet town in RB for a non trade version.

E Rank
All fine

Just a quick-ish glance through everything here. Let me know if you need anything explained.
All these issues should be fixed and some small edits I made (Nido wording, adding Machoke into Machamp's writeup) should check out. If there is any other problems let us know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)