Entertainment pokemon news

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
OK so it's gonna be a The Onion-type news article based on a pokemon topic, based in the pokemon universe. For an example of the tone I'm going for, see sig for something I made earlier. Looking at 200-300 words, 500 maximum.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This has been discussed a bit before but the chosen topics were.. lacking. Similarly, the title of your example piece had put me off a bit. Having said that, the material itself was entertaining. I have no worries about your ability to make it funny.

Can you give us a more specific topic?

Pending that, support.

cookie

is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
OK so headlines off the top of my head:
"Chansey eggs illegally harvested in China"
"Golem's premature Explosions put strain on marriage"
"Voltorbs put on anti-depressants to stop them from Exploding"
"Demand for special defense EVs depleting world's zinc reserves"

cookie

Also, what's wrong with the example piece's title? Is it inappropriate for the smog or what?

Okay, Toast is in favour of this and so am I. Approving for next issue (so when next issue's WAWD goes up, since this issue is supposed to be out soon)! Looking forward to it, and excited to have you contributing! I always find your work witty. Toast can explain his thoughts for you, by the way, so I won't lock this~ Sorry I didn't get to this earlier, I somehow did not see this thread *at all* until you posted... o___o

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Also, what's wrong with the example piece's title? Is it inappropriate for the smog or what?
Haha, not at all. I just thought it felt awkward as a headline and I was worried that it was going to be more childish (yeah, I know, it's a Pokémon site..) but you pulled it off.

I'm a fan of your posting/writing so I have no doubt you can pull this off. Good luck!

Edit:@pluff you probably missed it because there's no prefix which has usually meant artist. I'll fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)