Pokemon Minus

Also tho, another thing I wanna say is you know how they have Volt Tackle,Flare Blitz and Wood Hammer?I always thought there should be a high powered water type attack with recoil.Make it 120 power 100 accuracy,probably call it Typhoon Uppercut or something,I think a move like that would be great for swampert,poliwrath or gyardados.Also I think Hurricane should be a water/flying type attack,JS

Galom

Banned deucer.
I'll list Pokemon and ability changes later.
For now, here's a sketch of the move list.
Scald: Super-effective against Ice-types.
Origin Pulse (120 BP, Water-type, Special, 100% Accuracy, 8 PP; Super-effective against Water-types.)
Regenerative Beam (New Move: 120 BP Grass-type, Special, 100℅ accuracy, 8 PP; Heals the user by 50% of the damage done)
Judgement now has 120 BP and 15 PP (w/PP Up: 24)
Spacial Rend is now a 70 BP move that always crits. Has 100 Acc
Moonlight now heals 75% in Rain and 25% in Sun
Roar of Time is now a Dragon-type Doom Desire
Magmatic Slam (150 BP, Fire-type, Physical, 100% Accuracy, 8 PP; Less power as HP decreases,
Volcanic Blades (120 BP, Fire-type, Physical, 100% Accuracy, 8 PP; Super-effective against Water-types.)
Sacred Fire - Erases all stat changes of hit target.
Cleansing Rainbow - 100 BP, Fairy type, special, 100% Accu., 16PP; Heals user of its status.
Fairy Lock - Immobilizes target completely. The chances of this move failing increase when used consecutively
Crafty Shield - Protects the user. If opponent attacks, their stat boosts are transferred to the user.
Yin Blast - 100 Power, Dark, 95 Accuracy, Physical, gets 50% boost anyway from Blitzing Ideal
Azure Strike - 170 BP, Flying type, special, 95% Accu., 8PP; Lowers user’s Def and Sp. Def by one stage
Paleozoic Beam (New move: Rock type variant of Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Flamethrower with no secondary effect.)
Shooting Star - 110 BP, 85 Acc., has a 30% chance to lower target's SpA by one stage, Fairy type
Disarming Voice - 40 BP, 100 Acc., has +1 Priority, Fairy type
Thunder Boom - 140BP, Electric type, special, 100% Accu., 8PP, sound move, hit all targets on field.
Hey! New to this meta thing, but I'll be following it from here on out. ^_^ Seems amusing.

Most of my contributions will go to move/ability naming rather than actual recommendations, since to be honest, I'm not that creative. Also, these are just recommendations, lol. Don't feel that I think any of your names are bad, I'm just throwing in the idea of what I would have named them.

===

I recommend you change the name of Thunder Boom ----> Thunderclap. I understand you probably want it to sound more like Boomburst, but Thunderclap is actually a word and still implies sound, and just rolls off the tongue better than Thunder Boom (imo).

I also recommend renaming Paleozic Beam to something simpler, maybe just Paleobeam or Paleo-Shot. The current name sounds pretty choppy, but I really like the idea of the move.

Cleansing Rainbow ---> Aurora Purge. (Also, is this someone's signature? That might help in suggesting a name. Cleansing Rainbow works I guess, but I feel it could be better.)

I really like the name and concept of Shooting Star, to be honest. If you really wanted to change it, though, you could use something like Starstrike or Starfall. I also recommend that you change this to a Fairy-type Draco Meteor simply due to the similarity of their names, meaning 130 Base Power, 90% Accuracy, and -2 SpA after use.

Something to consider -- changing Fairy Lock to Psychic Lock since, in a way, it makes more sense (locking someone in place with Psychokinetic powers), and Psychic Lock actually already exists as a Poké-Power in the TCG. (Many Fairy-types like Clefable and Florges could still get access to it, just a changed typing of the move.)

Crafty Shield could be called Feignfield (reference to forcefield), once again, just throwing an idea around. If the typing of the move was Dark or Ghost, it could also be called Shadow Shield. Just some things to consider.

===

I would also like to recommend a move of my own, even though it would only really be useful on things that have No Guard, and I presume you don't plan on making a Pokemon with No Guard since it's really not that "broken" of an ability (barring OHKO moves, of course.) Just throwing it out there, whatever. Reject it if it's not broken enough, or just not up to par, idrc.

Deep Freeze -- Ice-type, 120 Base Power, 50% Accuracy, 100% chance to freeze (essentially an Ice-type Zap Cannon)

===

Anyway, sorry for the long post. Hope my contributions (small as they may be) help somewhere at least.

I'll be watching y'all! Keep up the cool work!

Hey! New to this meta thing, but I'll be following it from here on out. ^_^ Seems amusing.

Most of my contributions will go to move/ability naming rather than actual recommendations, since to be honest, I'm not that creative. Also, these are just recommendations, lol. Don't feel that I think any of your names are bad, I'm just throwing in the idea of what I would have named them.

===

I recommend you change the name of Thunder Boom ----> Thunderclap. I understand you probably want it to sound more like Boomburst, but Thunderclap is actually a word and still implies sound, and just rolls off the tongue better than Thunder Boom (imo).

I also recommend renaming Paleozic Beam to something simpler, maybe just Paleobeam or Paleo-Shot. The current name sounds pretty choppy, but I really like the idea of the move.

Cleansing Rainbow ---> Aurora Purge. (Also, is this someone's signature? That might help in suggesting a name. Cleansing Rainbow works I guess, but I feel it could be better.)

I really like the name and concept of Shooting Star, to be honest. If you really wanted to change it, though, you could use something like Starstrike or Starfall. I also recommend that you change this to a Fairy-type Draco Meteor simply due to the similarity of their names, meaning 130 Base Power, 90% Accuracy, and -2 SpA after use.

Something to consider -- changing Fairy Lock to Psychic Lock since, in a way, it makes more sense (locking someone in place with Psychokinetic powers), and Psychic Lock actually already exists as a Poké-Power in the TCG. (Many Fairy-types like Clefable and Florges could still get access to it, just a changed typing of the move.)

Crafty Shield could be called Feignfield (reference to forcefield), once again, just throwing an idea around. If the typing of the move was Dark or Ghost, it could also be called Shadow Shield. Just some things to consider.

===

I would also like to recommend a move of my own, even though it would only really be useful on things that have No Guard, and I presume you don't plan on making a Pokemon with No Guard since it's really not that "broken" of an ability (barring OHKO moves, of course.) Just throwing it out there, whatever. Reject it if it's not broken enough, or just not up to par, idrc.

Deep Freeze -- Ice-type, 120 Base Power, 50% Accuracy, 100% chance to freeze (essentially an Ice-type Zap Cannon)

===

Anyway, sorry for the long post. Hope my contributions (small as they may be) help somewhere at least.

I'll be watching y'all! Keep up the cool work!
No point in changing the names or typings of moves that already existed, like Crafty Shield and Fairy Lock. Thunder Boom -> Thunderclap makes sense though IMO. And I honestly like the name of Paleozoic Beam (partly because it's so stupid long actually), except my Canadian English spellchecker complains about it. (Says it should be "Palaeozoic".)

Edit: Also how many more slates until we get to pixies? I have Jirachi and Celebi done I think. Question, though: Is 115 across the board too high for the pixies?

Last edited:
I'm fine with changing Thunder Boom to Thunderclap, but Cleansing Rainbow is Ho-Oh's signature move, and Ho-Oh has no relationship with auroras, so there's that.

I'm fine with changing Thunder Boom to Thunderclap, but Cleansing Rainbow is Ho-Oh's signature move, and Ho-Oh has no relationship with auroras, so there's that.
Hm... since Aurora Purge doesn't make sense (because Ho-Oh has no relation to auroras and because "purge" implies a particularly aggressive form of purification or cleansing, while Cleansing Rainbow "cleanses" the user rather than the target), and Cleansing Rainbow is A) way too long and B) doesn't really roll off the tongue, how about "Prismic Cleanse" or "Prismatic Cleanse"? A prism refracts light into all the colours of the rainbow, and it rolls off the tongue more easily (in my opinion) along with not being quite so long.

Also, another idea I'd originally had in place of Shooting Star (in other words, as a generic Fairy-type Fire Blast/Thunder clone that's available as a TM to half of everything ever) was this move:

Fairy Flare (was originally Faerie Flare, but changed for consistency with Game Freak's spelling):
Type: Fairy
Category: Special
Power: 110
Accuracy: 75%
PP: 8
In-game description: The foe is torched by neon flames. May burn or paralyze the target.
Secondary effect: 15% chance to burn target, 15% chance to paralyze target. Burn and paralysis checks are separate, with the burn check being made first.
Bypasses accuracy in Sun or Rain, accuracy is 50% in Sandstorm or Hail.

Reasoning: Based on faerie fire, but significantly more aggressive in nature. Fairies of the type with which faerie fire is primarily associated are most commonly depicted in dark rainforests, while more Disney-esque fairies are most commonly depicted in bright and sunny forests or fields. As such, Fairy Flare works best in Rain or Sun.

Edit: On an entirely other note, if my math is correct, Oblivion Wing should be 105 base power.

Xerneas's Regenerative Beam:
120 power attack
60 power heal
total power: 180

Yveltal's Oblivion Wing (new stats):
105 power attack
78.75 power heal
total power: 183.75

That introduces a slight bias in Oblivion Wing's favour, but raw damage is likely more important than extra heals simply because 120 base power might net 2HKOs that 105 base power doesn't.

Last edited:
I think if something has 110 power then it should have at least 85 percent accuracy.However given the debuff they gave all the elemental blasts hydro pump,fire blast, and thunder.Which were all lowered to 110 power in 6th gen.You should probably give the move something around 115 or 120 power for fairy blast.

Also what exactly do neon flames have to do with fairies anyway?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think if something has 110 power then it should have at least 85 percent accuracy.However given the debuff they gave all the elemental blasts hydro pump,fire blast, and thunder.Which were all lowered to 110 power in 6th gen.You should probably give the move something around 115 or 120 power for fairy blast.
Fairy Flare's 75% accuracy is better than that of Thunder and only 5% less than that of Hydro Pump, and Fairy Flare is boosted by both Sun and Rain rather than just Rain. Since Sun and Rain will probably still be super common in Pokémon Minus I suspect it would get used regardless.

Also what exactly do neon flames have to do with fairies anyway?
Please don't double post. Just use the edit button.

As for what Fairy Flare is based off of:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/f/faerie-fire
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=770/faerie-fire
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Faerie_fire

Seems to be a pretty common theme, wouldn't you say?

If fairy flare were a real move I probably still wouldn't use it competitively anyway,because 75 percent basically just means a 60 percent chance to miss.Which is why I never use focus blast.
And ancient power,silver wind and ominous wind should all have higher pp because for a move to be so weak and have so little pp is pretty dumb.But if not that then just give them like 80 base power

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Well, plus I was sorta planning on giving Celebi an ability that disables Trick Room on switch-in (if it's active) and prevents anyone but her from activating Trick Room while she's on the field. (If two Celebi with this ability were on the field, they'd both also prevent each other from using Trick Room.) Why? Flavour reasons and PMD: Explorers references.
That would suck. Trick Room is automatically disabled if you try to activate it and it is already active. Giving Celebi the same ability as Dialga would be better.
I thought about how to give Dialga a flavorful way to be faster than everything.
I think we should move away from the whole idea of Trick Room, because it's too complex and giving Dialga 1 speed for it is not a good idea.
Some possibilities are (I've also added Palkia's possible counterpart):
Ability version of Quick Claw with boosted chance (Quick Claw Dialga would become a thing) - Super Luck Palkia (with a different name, maybe? We've seen GF add Air Lock just to give Rayquaza's ability more flavor).
Dragon and Steel type moves have +1 priority, like you suggested - Dragon and Water type moves have +1 priority.
If this Pokemon uses a status move, its offensive moves will have +1 priority on the next turn - If this Pokemon uses a status move, its offensive moves will result in a critical hit. (Because they need to concentrate to use time/space power to that extent)

Oh also, I've decided I'm removing Intrinsic Levitate from Aegislash. He doesn't need it, and Ground-types as a whole don't need to deal with that. Plus, he doesn't float very far above the ground, so it wouldn't make sense for him to be immune to things like Bone Rush, Bone Club, Precipice Blades, Earth Power, or Land's Wrath. (After all, both Precipice Blades and Land's Wrath have the ground pretty much leap up to meet the target, while the energy bursts of Earth Power clearly erupt out of the ground to a respectable height.)
Alright.

Also tho, another thing I wanna say is you know how they have Volt Tackle,Flare Blitz and Wood Hammer?I always thought there should be a high powered water type attack with recoil.Make it 120 power 100 accuracy,probably call it Typhoon Uppercut or something,I think a move like that would be great for swampert,poliwrath or gyardados.Also I think Hurricane should be a water/flying type attack,JS
When we have a Water type Pokemon in the slate, you can try to add that.
And Water/Flying Hurricane... Just no...

Fine with me, and the guy who created the move said it was fine too, so...

Paleobeam seems alright. I agree with renaming it.

As the other users already said, Aurora Purge doesn't fit. I suggest Rainbow Purge.

Depends on the Pokemon that get it. Kind of nerfing Shooting Star/Starstrike/Starfall by removing the chance to lower the opponent's sp attack and then lowering the user's own special attack is alright, I guess...
I'm fine with either name.

Eh, these changes are unnecessary.

Seems alright. We could give it to some Pokemon later on, along with No Guard. But if we give it to a No Guard Pokemon, 100% chance to freeze is a bit too much IMO...

Also, another idea I'd originally had in place of Shooting Star (in other words, as a generic Fairy-type Fire Blast/Thunder clone that's available as a TM to half of everything ever) was this move:

Fairy Flare (was originally Faerie Flare, but changed for consistency with Game Freak's spelling):
Power: 110
Accuracy: 75%
In-game description: The foe is torched by neon flames. May burn or paralyze the target.
Secondary effect: 15% chance to burn target, 15% chance to paralyze target. Burn and paralysis checks are separate, with the burn check being made first.
Bypasses accuracy in Sun or Rain, accuracy is 50% in Sandstorm or Hail.

Reasoning: Based on faerie fire, but significantly more aggressive in nature. Fairies of the type with which faerie fire is primarily associated are most commonly depicted in dark rainforests, while more Disney-esque fairies are most commonly depicted in bright and sunny forests or fields. As such, Fairy Flare works best in Rain or Sun.
Meh. Keeping Shooting Star is better.

Edit: On an entirely other note, if my math is correct, Oblivion Wing should be 105 base power.

Xerneas's Regenerative Beam:
120 power attack
60 power heal
total power: 180

Yveltal's Oblivion Wing (new stats):
105 power attack
78.75 power heal
total power: 183.75

That introduces a slight bias in Oblivion Wing's favour, but raw damage is likely more important than extra heals simply because 120 base power might net 2HKOs that 105 base power doesn't.
wat
I don't understand.

Galom

Banned deucer.
Ah, okay. I figured Cleansing Rainbow was Cresellia's signature, to be honest. If it's Ho-Oh's signature move, then I do agree with Rainbow Purge or something of the like. As someone else stated, Prismatic is another way to sneak a rainbow reference in there.

If fairy flare were a real move I probably still wouldn't use it competitively anyway,because 75 percent basically just means a 60 percent chance to miss.Which is why I never use focus blast.
Eh, you can run it for free on Kyogre, or any team that uses Kyogre, or any team that uses Groudon, or on Ninetales, or on any team that uses Ninetales, or on any team that uses Politoed. (Remember that by the time we're finished buffing everything to brokenness, Ninetales and Politoed will be viable even in the same meta as freakin' Xerneas.)

That would suck. Trick Room is automatically disabled if you try to activate it and it is already active. Giving Celebi the same ability as Dialga would be better.
I thought about how to give Dialga a flavorful way to be faster than everything.
I think we should move away from the whole idea of Trick Room, because it's too complex and giving Dialga 1 speed for it is not a good idea.
Some possibilities are (I've also added Palkia's possible counterpart):
Ability version of Quick Claw with boosted chance (Quick Claw Dialga would become a thing) - Super Luck Palkia (with a different name, maybe? We've seen GF add Air Lock just to give Rayquaza's ability more flavor).
Dragon and Steel type moves have +1 priority, like you suggested - Dragon and Water type moves have +1 priority.
If this Pokemon uses a status move, its offensive moves will have +1 priority on the next turn - If this Pokemon uses a status move, its offensive moves will result in a critical hit. (Because they need to concentrate to use time/space power to that extent)
Yeah, I suppose giving Celebi the ability to automatically Trick Room just like Dialga would work too.

As for Dialga, 1 base Speed might be a little extreme, true, but one of the submissions for Dialga (that strangely didn't win for a reason I have yet to understand) had 50 base Speed and auto-Trick Room for 5 turns on switch-in, along with introducing an item that increased the duration of the holder's Trick Room to 8 turns (which included the effect of the ability). And other than that, it was the exact same as the winning submission.

Meh. Keeping Shooting Star is better.
Replacing Shooting Star with Fairy Flare gives Xerneas an excuse not to run it over Moonblast due to its comparatively low accuracy outside of weather. I mean, logically Xerneas would get Shooting Star or Fairy Flare since they're generic enough to be TMs, and Geomancy Xerneas really does not need a fairly reliable 110 base power Fairy move to go along with its Fairy Aura. It practically doesn't even need to use Geomancy to 2HKO everything with that.

wat
I don't understand.
Regenerative Beam has 120 base power and heals 50% of damage dealt. In other words, its self-heal effectively has "60 base power". Oblivion Wing has 80 base power and heals 75% of damage dealt. In other words, its self-heal effectively has "60 base power" as well. If you add up the total "power" of the damage and the self-heal, Regenerative Beam hits 180, while Oblivion Wing reaches only 140. Giving Oblivion Wing 105 base power makes its self-heal effectively have "78.75 base power". The total "power" of the attack and the self-heal is thus 183.75.

Edit: Also just an unrelated thing, but since we're almost inevitably gonna end up with a billion more Fairy-type moves on both the Physical and Special sides of the spectrum (especially if any of my submissions get picked, lol), can I suggest a change to Play Rough?

Play Rough: 90 base power -> 120 base power; 90% accuracy -> 100% accuracy; causes 1/3rd recoil. It's now Fairy-type Double-edge, with an additional 10% chance to lower the target's Attack stat because lol. (If this weren't Pokémon Minus, I'd nerf it slightly compared to Double-edge to make up for the possible Attack nerf. But nope.)

Edit2: Deoxys as a whole is underpowered! Someone please buff that poor thing's 600 BST to something reasonable. Deoxys-Attack barely OHKOs things with SE coverage moves (while still getting destroyed by anything that hits it, including resisted priority), while Deoxys-Defense isn't quite bulky enough to wall things effectively.

Edit3: Deoxys-A at least might not be quite as underpowered as I thought. (Have been running more calcs.) Definitely can't OHKO everything, though, but of course nothing can switch in on it. Overall, you're likely to almost lose a mon to Deoxys-A (even if it has a Life Orb), and then have your foe lose their Deoxys-A. If it had those 5 points in both offences that it lost, it could pretty much OHKO the meta as a guaranteed revenge kill depending on coverage. (Although really if running special then Psycho Boost + Sludge Wave would be the set, since none of its coverage is worthwhile unless it's 4x SE.)

Last edited:

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Yeah, I suppose giving Celebi the ability to automatically Trick Room just like Dialga would work too.

As for Dialga, 1 base Speed might be a little extreme, true, but one of the submissions for Dialga (that strangely didn't win for a reason I have yet to understand) had 50 base Speed and auto-Trick Room for 5 turns on switch-in, along with introducing an item that increased the duration of the holder's Trick Room to 8 turns (which included the effect of the ability). And other than that, it was the exact same as the winning submission.
That's too strong. No need to invest in Speed at all (you could run 252 HP/252 Sp Atk/4 Sp Def) and outspeeding all current buffed mons (The lowest speed yet is Sylveon's 60) would be guaranteed.

Replacing Shooting Star with Fairy Flare gives Xerneas an excuse not to run it over Moonblast due to its comparatively low accuracy outside of weather. I mean, logically Xerneas would get Shooting Star or Fairy Flare since they're generic enough to be TMs, and Geomancy Xerneas really does not need a fairly reliable 110 base power Fairy move to go along with its Fairy Aura. It practically doesn't even need to use Geomancy to 2HKO everything with that.
There's so many moves that are generic, but aren't TMs. I think we should wait until this builds up a little before revising things like Xerneas.

Regenerative Beam has 120 base power and heals 50% of damage dealt. In other words, its self-heal effectively has "60 base power". Oblivion Wing has 80 base power and heals 75% of damage dealt. In other words, its self-heal effectively has "60 base power" as well. If you add up the total "power" of the damage and the self-heal, Regenerative Beam hits 180, while Oblivion Wing reaches only 140. Giving Oblivion Wing 105 base power makes its self-heal effectively have "78.75 base power". The total "power" of the attack and the self-heal is thus 183.75.
We could make it a 90 BP move that heals the user by 100% of the damage dealt. I feel like Yveltal got the short end of the stick here, with no new signature move and still a mixed attacker. I don't think Gale Wings balances out Xerneas's Geomancy + boosted (now STAB) signature move stolen from Yveltal + Fairy Aura.

Edit: Also just an unrelated thing, but since we're almost inevitably gonna end up with a billion more Fairy-type moves on both the Physical and Special sides of the spectrum (especially if any of my submissions get picked, lol), can I suggest a change to Play Rough?

Play Rough: 90 base power -> 120 base power; 90% accuracy -> 100% accuracy; causes 1/3rd recoil. It's now Fairy-type Double-edge, with an additional 10% chance to lower the target's Attack stat because lol. (If this weren't Pokémon Minus, I'd nerf it slightly compared to Double-edge to make up for the possible Attack nerf. But nope.)
Make it a new move. Changing moves can make some previously good sets unviable. Belly Drum Slurpuff, for example, would HATE Play Rough recoil.
To that first part, I don't think we don't need more Special Fairy type moves...

Edit2: Deoxys as a whole is underpowered! Someone please buff that poor thing's 600 BST to something reasonable. Deoxys-Attack barely OHKOs things with SE coverage moves (while still getting destroyed by anything that hits it, including weak priority), while Deoxys-Defense isn't quite bulky enough to wall things effectively.
Let's see what Pikachuun has to say about that.

Galom

Banned deucer.
I don't know how possible this is, but I suggest a Deoxys with a variation of Stance Change called Mutator allowing it to switch between forms mid battle depending on which moves it uses.

I still have not worked out exactly how it would work, but I figure it would at least vaguely resemble this:

-When switched in, Deoxys would appear as normal Deoxys.
-A Protect-style move would change Deoxys into Deoxys-Defense.
-A standard damage-dealing move would change Deoxys into Deoxys-Attack.
-A Priority damage-dealing move would change it to Deoxys-Speed.

Deoxys would gain a bit of... I don't actually know what, since it would just be changing into one of it's different forms anyway, so it wouldn't really matter.
Deoxys-Defense would gain a lot of base HP and a bit of base Defense and SpD.
Deoxys-Attack would gain a small amount of SpA and Atk, while simultaneously gaining a small amount of SpD and Def to take priority moves better.
Deoxys-Speed would gain a lot of Atk and SpA.

Form-changing conditions are all subject to change, and I request you throw ideas about if you have a better one. Or just tell me if you think the whole idea sucks.

That's too strong. No need to invest in Speed at all (you could run 252 HP/252 Sp Atk/4 Sp Def) and outspeeding all current buffed mons (The lowest speed yet is Sylveon's 60) would be guaranteed.
Fair enough. Unless you can wall Dialga's nonsense for a while (and since its current gimmick is having 3 different types of Future Sight, you wouldn't have to wall it for long).

Although honestly, I don't think Dialga with that stat spread and ability would even be the most terrifying threat in the meta. That would be Zekrom, who has enough bulk to not get OHKO'd by much of anything while hitting harder on the physical side than Deoxys-A could ever hope to. In fact, its power on the physical side almost matches Deoxys-A's power on the special side. Except unlike Deoxys's Psycho Boost, Zekrom's Bolt Strike has no drawbacks as well as a better offensive type, and Zekrom has stronger coverage moves.

Direct power comparison, Deoxys-A's special versus Zekrom's physical:

Deoxys-A:

252+ SpA Life Orb Adaptability Deoxys-A Psycho Boost vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Deoxys-D (Normal-type): 268-317 (71.6 - 84.7%)

Zekrom:

252+ Atk Life Orb Blitzing Ideal Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Deoxys-D (Normal-type): 253-300 (67.6 - 80.2%)

Very few things can actually beat Deoxys-A 1v1 though, so there's that at least. Anything with Dual Chop can do it, but who runs Dual Chop in Ubers anyway? Everyone if they want to kill Deoxys-A.

Actually, to be honest Deo-A might be kind of solid. Focus Sash + a multi-hit move can beat it 1v1, Choice Scarf + a multi-hit move also works, Extreme Speed works, Feint works, and Fake Out works. Aside from that, Deo-A wins 1v1 vs. everything. Funny calc though:

0 SpA Blissey Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Deoxys-A: 390-460 (125.4 - 147.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Deoxys-D gets 2HKO'd by half the meta though, especially Zekrom and his silly new signature move. And Groudon's fancy new physical Eruption. And Kyogre. And Rayquaza. And Palkia (though it needs Specs). And Yveltal. And Genesect. And Scizor. And Thundurus-I. And Darkrai. And several forms of Arceus (basically any with a Super Effective Judgment). All without even having to boost! And yes, I made sure that Deoxys-D was using 252 / 252+ bulk on the relevant defensive stat for all calcs.

There's so many moves that are generic, but aren't TMs. I think we should wait until this builds up a little before revising things like Xerneas.
Eh, makes sense to me I guess. That means we're probably gonna be going over the whole list a second time, but it does work.

We could make it a 90 BP move that heals the user by 100% of the damage dealt. I feel like Yveltal got the short end of the stick here, with no new signature move and still a mixed attacker. I don't think Gale Wings balances out Xerneas's Geomancy + boosted (now STAB) signature move stolen from Yveltal + Fairy Aura.
That works too. But yeah, Yveltal definitely got the short end of the stick here. At least Regenerative Beam doesn't get Fairy Aura boost, but still. Xerneas's 136/95/108 defences are unreasonable combined with Geomancy I feel, especially with that 151 base Sp. Attack. But then again, this meta is all about breaking stuff, so I dunno.

Make it a new move. Changing moves can make some previously good sets unviable. Belly Drum Slurpuff, for example, would HATE Play Rough recoil.
To that first part, I don't think we don't need more Special Fairy type moves...
Yeah, 'kay, sure. Works for me.

Let's see what Pikachuun has to say about that.
Sure, I guess.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Voting phase that should've been done by now!
Aegi

Ghost/Steel
Stance Change/Magic Bounce/Bulletproof (Intrinsic Levitate)
80/70/170/70/170/65 (Shield)
80/170/70/170/70/65 (Blade)
625 BST
+Recover, +Will-o-Wisp, +Knock Off, +Calm Mind, +Secret Sword, +Psycho Cut, +Leaf Blade, +Spikes, +Stealth Rock, +Curse, +Bullet Punch, +Sucker Punch
Aegislash
Ghost/Steel type
Stance Change (Changes into Shield forme when using status moves; Sword forme when using attacking moves.)
BST: 80/90/170/90/170/60 Total: 660
Move additions and changes: +Pain Split, +Calm Mind
Flash Cannon
: Now has 90 BP.
+Psycho Cut - Now has 90 BP
+Hydro Cutter - 95 BP, Water type, physical, 95% Accu., 16PP; 30% chance to lower target’s Def by 1 stage.
+Steel Cutter - 100BP, Steel type, physical, 90% Accu., 16PP; high critical-hit rate.
+Shadow Blade - 90BP, Ghost type, physical, 100% Accu., 16PP; high critical-hit rate.
Aegislash:
Ghost/Steel type
Stance Change
Ability change:
Stance Change: Changes to Shield forme upon using any Status move. Changes to Blade forme upon using any Physical or Special move.
Base stats:
Shield forme: 70/50/160/50/160/60, BST: 550
Blade forme: 70/160/50/160/50/60, BST: 550
Moveset additions: +Psycho Cut, +Shimmer Strike, +Iron Edge, +Ironforge, +Unpossess, +Riposte, +Glint of War, +Nasty Plot, +Mimic, +Headbutt
Move changes:
Flash Cannon: 80 base power -> 90 base power; 10% chance to lower Sp. Def by one stage -> 20% chance to lower Sp. Def by one stage
Shadow Ball: 80 base power -> 90 base power
Night Slash: 70 base power -> 90 base power
Shadow Claw: 70 base power -> 90 base power
Psycho Cut: 70 base power -> 90 base power; 32 PP -> 24 PP
Slash: 70 base power -> 90 base power; 32 PP -> 24 PP

New moves:
Shimmer Strike:
Category: Physical
Power: 90
Accuracy: 100%
Target: Adjacent
PP: 24
In-game description: The user strikes with a blade of righteous power. Critical hits land more easily.
Effect: This move has +1 critical stage.
Makes contact.

Iron Edge:
Type: Steel
In-game description: The user cuts with a blade of steel. Critical hits land more easily.
Makes contact.

Ironforge:
Category: Status
Power: —
Accuracy: —
Target: Self
PP: 16
In-game description: The user welds its own body at extreme temperatures to repair itself. The user's HP is restored by up to half its max HP.
Effect: User recovers 50% max HP. User's Steel typing changes to Fire until end of turn. If the user is not a Steel-type and has only a single type, they gain Fire as a secondary type until end of turn. Pokémon who are dual-typed without Steel and somehow use this move (through Mimic, Snatch, Copycat, etc.) do not have their type affected in any way.
Affected by Snatch.

Unpossess:
Type: Ghost
In-game description: The user's spirit temporarily exits its material shell to rest and recover stamina, then resynchronizes with its body. The user's HP is restored by up to half its max HP.
Effect: User recovers 50% max HP. User's Ghost-typing is removed until end of turn, and if the user had Intrinsic Levitate, it is removed until end of turn. If the user is a pure Ghost-type, they become Normal-type until end of turn.
Affected by Snatch.

Riposte:
Type: Normal
In-game description: The user blocks the target from using moves that always hit first, such as Quick Attack, and turns them back on the foe.
Effect: If the targeted foe attempts to use a move with a positive priority modifier that has a target other than "User" or "Ally" (including moves given priority by Gale Wings, Prankster, etc.), they target themselves with it instead. Moves that are reversed by Riposte bypass Accuracy checks, and Physical/Special moves have their power multiplied by 1.5x when reversed. +3 priority.
Example of the message displayed in-game:
Aegislash used Riposte!
Aegislash waits for its target to make a move!
The opposing Talonflame used Brave Bird!
Aegislash parried the move!
The opposing Talonflame lost 100% of its health!
The opposing Talonflame fainted!
Makes contact if the foe triggers it with a contact move. Does not block Prankster Heal Pulse or Prankster Teeter Dance. Reverts Aegislash to Blade forme if it is successful.

Glint of War:
Type: Fighting
In-game description: The user releases a shining wave of battle energy to attack. It may also reduce the target's Special Defense stat.
Effect: 20% chance to lower the foe's Special Defense by 1 stage.

Reasoning:
Only slight boosts to stats because honestly Aegislash's stats are already nuts. Stance Change is modified so you no longer have to run King's Shield to use Shield forme, though doing so is probably recommended since Aegislash is slow as sin. Mostly what Aegislash gets is movepool buffs. Aegislash now gets Psycho Cut, not that it really has a use for it. Also, Psycho Cut, Night Slash, Slash, and Shadow Claw are all buffed to the same power as Leaf Blade, while Flash Cannon and Shadow Ball are buffed to match Psychic. It has better physical STAB in Iron Edge and the newly-buffed Shadow Claw, while on the Special side it now gets perfect Fighting/Ghost coverage and Nasty Plot for boosting. Aegislash also now has Fairy coverage on the physical side, just to make things more interesting and make Psycho Cut that much more redundant.

Of particular note is his new self-healing move, Ironforge. It's essentially a Roost equivalent for Steel-types, except instead of removing their Steel typing the heat from the forge changes them to Fire-type.

Also, Aegislash would like you to know that it is the only one allowed to have priority around here! With Riposte at its disposal, Aegislash can punish any attempted priority move hard, hitting the foe harder than they would have hit him!

Not giving Aegislash Secret Sword for reasons that will come up much later.

Mimic is just there because everything that learns standard TMs can be taught Mimic by the Mimic Girl in Kanto. Headbutt is there because most Pokémon can be taught Headbutt by that tutor in Johto.

Bronzong

Steel/Psychic
Flash Fire/Magic Guard/Drizzle (Intrinsic Levitate)
95/105/136/95/136/20 (587 BST)
+Recover, +Earth Power, +Thunder, +Energy Ball, +Rapid Spin, +Spikes, +Heal bell, +Iron Slam*
*100 BP, 10 PP (16 max),Steel, has a chance to paralyze
Modified Ability: Magic Guard now protects from paralysis (no speed decrease, can't be fully paralyzed) and confusion.
Bronzong
Steel/Psychic (Intrinsic Levitate)
97 | 94 | 136 | 94 | 136 | 33 (590 BST, +30 HP, +5 Atk, +20 Def, +15 SpAtk, +20 SpDef)
Drizzle | Insulation Alloy (Immunity and can't use Fire and Electric type attacks. Immunity to all forms of Burn and Paralysis.) | Heavy Metal (Boosts Defense by 1.5x, but decreases Speed by 0.75x.)
+Metal Burst, +Rapid Spin, +Spikes, +Surf, +Waterfall, +Hyperspace Hole, +Wish, +Thunder Boom (See zerobreaker000's Thundurus), +Relic Song,+Will-o-Wisp*
(*Incompatible with Heavy Metal).

Bronzong's new/changed abilities can make it an unpredictable Pokemon. It may be a Drizzle Wish support set, or an Insulation Alloy tank set, or a Heavy Metal Trick Room set, or a Drizzle hazard set-upper, etc. Its abilities don't outright make the other ones useless.

Metal Burst, Rapid Spin and Spikes are feasible moves for a metal lump like Bronzong. Surf and Waterfall are based on its relation to rain. Hyperspace Hole because Bronzong is said to bring rain by opening portals from another world. Wish because people wished for Bronzong to bring rain and make crops grow. Those sound moves because Bronzong is a bell, an ancient bell (Relic Song) that brings rain (Thunder Boom). Will-o-Wisp because... it could probably summon "sinister, bluish white flames" from its portals or something (it's good competitively :p).
Bronzong
Steel/Psychic type Intrinsic Levitate
Fertile Ground (Sets Grassy Terrain for 8 turns upon switching in.)
/Drizzle/Heavy Metal (Boosts Def by 1.5x, but decreases Speed by 0.75x)
BST: 97/109/146/79/156/33 Total: 620
Move additions and changes: +Grassy Terrain, +Rototiller, +Heal Bell, +Recover, +Stone Edge
+Nature Power
- 100 BP, Now changes typing in different environments: Electric type for Electric Terrain, Grass type for Grassy Terrain, Fairy type for Misty Terrain.

Excadrill

Steel/Ground
Sand Rush/Tough Claws/Mold Breaker
115/150/100/35/95/118 (613 BST)
+Knock Off, +Thousand Arrows, +Belly Drum, +Superpower, +Stone Edge, +Spikes, +Megahorn
Excadrill
Ground/Steel type
Sand Rush/Iron Barbs/Mold Breaker (Does Mold Breaker still hit through Intrinsic Levitate?)
BST: 130/165/110/50/95/98 Total: 648
Move additions and changes: +Stone Edge, +Knock Off, +Spikes
Drill Run
: Now has 60 BP; Guaranteed critical hit.
Excadrill:
Ground/Steel
Base stats: 120/155/75/50/80/120, BST: 600
Moveset additions: +Stone Edge, +Cross Chop, +Spikes, +Build Up, +Megahorn, +Night Slash, +Shimmer Strike, +Focus Energy, +Mining Claw, +Iron Edge, +Headbutt, +Mimic
Move changes:
Meta Claw: 10% chance to boost Attack 1 stage -> 70% chance to boost Attack 1 stage.

Drill Run:
Type: Ground (unchanged)
Category: Physical (unchanged)
Power: 60
Target: Adjacent (unchanged)
In-game description: The user crashes into the target while rotating its body like a drill. This move always results in a critical hit.
Effect: Guaranteed critical.
Makes contact. (unchanged)

New moves:

Build Up:
Type: Rock
In-game description: Using stone, metal, etc., the user adds mass in the form of fists, armour, etc. to raise Attack and Defense.
Effect: Attack rises 1 stage, Defense rises 1 stage, user's weight increases by 100 kg.
Affected by Snatch.

Shimmer Strike:
In-game description: The user strikes with a blade of righteous power. Critical hits land more easily.
Makes contact.

Iron Edge:
In-game description: The user cuts with a blade of steel. Critical hits land more easily.
Makes contact.

Mining Claw:
In-game description: The user digs into the ground at the target's feet and lifts sharply in an uppercut, raising a blast of rock and debris to strike in tandem with their claws. Critical hits land more easily.
Makes contact.

Reasoning: Excadrill certainly looks like it should be fast, so of course I gave it stats to make it fast, as well as even more powerful and better able to take hits.

As for moves, Excadrill can Slash, so why not give it other Slash variants? Tough Claws makes sense on Excadrill and is a very powerful ability. Its new move Mining Claw is there to give it reliable Rock coverage that can be used with Tough Claws, since Stone Edge is a non-contact move. Focus Energy gives it a way to abuse all these high-crit moves, although in most circumstances it is inferior to Swords Dance. The fact that Excadrill learns Horn Drill justifies Megahorn on its moveset.

The newly-buffed Drill Run means there's no reason to run EQ if you're using Tough Claws, and in fact it might overall be better than Earthquake even if you aren't running Tough Claws because the guaranteed critical gets past defensive setup. In fact, for anything combining Shell/Battle Armor and Iron Defense, a Mold Breaker Drill Run will smash right through.

The new Build Up is a Bulk Up clone for Steel-, Rock-, and Ice-types that Bulk Up doesn't make sense for. It does have the disadvantage of making you weaker to Grass Knot and Low Kick, but at the same time it makes you less vulnerable to Heavy Slam and Heat Crash. Pokémon who use Heavy Slam or Heat Crash themselves might end up really appreciating this move, too, since it increases the power of those moves.

As with the others, Excadrill gets Mimic and Headbutt from the tutors in Kanto and Johto because everything else does.
Excadrill
Ground/Steel
Sand Rush/Titanium Might/Mold Breaker
Titanium Might: All Iron type moves get base power increased by 50%
Base Stats: 110/160/70/50/70/120 BST: 580
Moveset Additions: +Iron Rumble(cause it digs a lot and its iron claws are really strong), +Stone Edge
New moves and move changes:
Iron Rumble:
Type:Ground and Steel
Category:Physical
Power:110
Accuracy:100%
PP:10

Changes:
Earthquake:
Now removes all hazards when used(cause the ground rumbles, and the hazards fly away.)

Ferrothorn

Grass/Steel
Iron Barbs/Arena Trap/Skill Link
95/110/145/40/140/15
(545 BST)
+Rapid Spin, +Iron Slam*, +Earthquake, +Spike Cannon
*See Bronzong
Modified Moves: Spike Cannon
Steel type, 25 BP, 95 Accuracy, 24 PP (max)
Ferrothorn
Grass/Steel type
Filter/Iron Barbs
BST: 124/129/201/54/141/20 Total: 669
Move additions and changes: +Powder, +Spiky Shield
+Spike Cannon
- 20% chance to lay down one layer of spike per hit.
+Catapult - 55BP, Rock type, physical, 80% Accu., 8PP; Doubles in power if Stealth Rock is on user’s side; Removes Stealth Rock from user’s side if the move hits.
Ferrothorn:
Grass/Steel type
Iron Barbs/Filter/Forewarn (HA)
Ability changes:
Iron Barbs: Now deals damage even if the contact move is blocked by Protect, Spiky Shield, or King's Shield. Detect still prevents Iron Barbs from working, as the user evades attacks rather than blocking them outright.
Forewarn: Now lasts 4 turns, displaying each move in the foe's set in descending order of base power at a rate of one move per turn. Additionally, moves revealed by Forewarn are guaranteed to miss against this Pokémon on the turn it reveals them.
Base stats: 105/124/161/54/141/15 BST: 600
Moveset additions: +Spiky Shield, +Powder, +Magic Coat, +Mimic, +Headbutt, +Catapult (with all due respect to zerobreaker000, your move is amazing and I'm borrowing it for mine too)
Catapult:
Power: 55
Accuracy: 85%
Target: Any
In-game description: The user lobs nearby pebbles at the opposing side. If Stealth Rock is active on the user's side of the field, this move's power doubles and Stealth Rock is removed.
Effect: Doubles in base power if Stealth Rock is on the user's side. Removes stealth rock from the user's side if the move hits.
Bomb move.

Also while we're at it, an item modification:
Rocky Helmet: Now deals damage even if the contact move is blocked by Protect, Spiky Shield, or King's Shield. Detect still prevents a Rocky Helmet from working, as the user evades attacks rather than blocking them outright.

Reasoning:
So how about that Forewarn buff though?

Ferrothorn can now remove Stealth Rock via that nice new move, Catapult. It has increased bulk as well to help deal with the increased power of most of the threats running around this tier. Additionally, it is now even slower, meaning it gets maximum power on Gyro Ball just a little bit easier. Spiky Shield just makes sense and makes it an even better physical wall, letting it stall for leftovers recovery while also dealing chip damage to foes with contact moves. Magic Coat lets it avoid being Burned and also stops hazards before they can be put up in the first place. Powder takes care of that Fire-type weakness. Iron Barbs is still Iron Barbs, but now also synergizes beautifully with Spiky Shield. Filter mitigates its Fighting weakness and drastically reduces its Fire weakness, from 4x to 2.25x. Forewarn serves as an amazing scouting tool, as well as possible protection against a foe's most powerful attacks right when they try to use them. It also gets Ferrothorn a lot of free switch-ins.

Mimic is just there because everything that learns standard TMs learns Mimic thanks to the Mimic Girl in Kanto. Similarly, Headbutt is there due to the tutor in Johto who teaches it so you can hit trees to get Pokémon to fall out.

Now starts the discussion phase for Forretress, Giratina(-Origin), Gliscor, and Heatran!

Last edited:
Voting phase that should've been done by now!
Aegi

Ghost/Steel
Stance Change/Magic Bounce/Bulletproof (Intrinsic Levitate)
80/70/170/70/170/65 (Shield)
80/170/70/170/70/65 (Blade)
625 BST
+Recover, +Will-o-Wisp, +Knock Off, +Calm Mind, +Secret Sword, +Psycho Cut, +Leaf Blade, +Spikes, +Stealth Rock, +Curse, +Bullet Punch, +Sucker Punch
Aegislash
Ghost/Steel type
Stance Change (Changes into Shield forme when using status moves; Sword forme when using attacking moves.)
BST: 80/90/170/90/170/60 Total: 660
Move additions and changes: +Pain Split, +Calm Mind
Flash Cannon
: Now has 90 BP.
+Psycho Cut - Now has 90 BP
+Hydro Cutter - 95 BP, Water type, physical, 95% Accu., 16PP; 30% chance to lower target’s Def by 1 stage.
+Steel Cutter - 100BP, Steel type, physical, 90% Accu., 16PP; high critical-hit rate.
+Shadow Blade - 90BP, Ghost type, physical, 100% Accu., 16PP; high critical-hit rate.
Aegislash:
Ghost/Steel type
Stance Change
Ability change:
Stance Change: Changes to Shield forme upon using any Status move. Changes to Blade forme upon using any Physical or Special move.
Base stats:
Shield forme: 70/50/160/50/160/60, BST: 550
Blade forme: 70/160/50/160/50/60, BST: 550
Moveset additions: +Psycho Cut, +Shimmer Strike, +Iron Edge, +Ironforge, +Unpossess, +Riposte, +Glint of War, +Nasty Plot, +Mimic, +Headbutt
Move changes:
Flash Cannon: 80 base power -> 90 base power; 10% chance to lower Sp. Def by one stage -> 20% chance to lower Sp. Def by one stage
Shadow Ball: 80 base power -> 90 base power
Psycho Cut: 70 base power -> 90 base power; 32 PP -> 24 PP
Slash: 70 base power -> 90 base power; 32 PP -> 24 PP

New moves:
Shimmer Strike:
Makes contact.

Iron Edge:
Makes contact.

Ironforge:
In-game description: The user welds its own body at extreme temperatures to repair itself. The user's HP is restored by up to half its max HP.
Effect: User recovers 50% max HP. User's Steel typing changes to Fire until end of turn. If the user is not a Steel-type and has only a single type, they gain Fire as a secondary type until end of turn. Pokémon who are dual-typed without Steel and somehow use this move (through Mimic, Snatch, Copycat, etc.) do not have their type affected in any way.
Affected by Snatch.

Unpossess:
Type: Ghost
In-game description: The user's spirit temporarily exits its material shell to rest and recover stamina, then resynchronizes with its body. The user's HP is restored by up to half its max HP.
Effect: User recovers 50% max HP. User's Ghost-typing is removed until end of turn, and if the user had Intrinsic Levitate, it is removed until end of turn. If the user is a pure Ghost-type, they become Normal-type until end of turn.
Affected by Snatch.

Riposte:
Type: Normal
In-game description: The user blocks the target from using moves that always hit first, such as Quick Attack, and turns them back on the foe.
Effect: If the targeted foe attempts to use a move with a positive priority modifier that has a target other than "User" or "Ally" (including moves given priority by Gale Wings, Prankster, etc.), they target themselves with it instead. Moves that are reversed by Riposte bypass Accuracy checks, and Physical/Special moves have their power multiplied by 1.5x when reversed. +3 priority.
Example of the message displayed in-game:
Aegislash used Riposte!
Aegislash waits for its target to make a move!
The opposing Talonflame used Brave Bird!
Aegislash parried the move!
The opposing Talonflame lost 100% of its health!
The opposing Talonflame fainted!
Makes contact if the foe triggers it with a contact move. Does not block Prankster Heal Pulse or Prankster Teeter Dance. Reverts Aegislash to Blade forme if it is successful.

Glint of War:
Type: Fighting
In-game description: The user releases a shining wave of battle energy to attack. It may also reduce the target's Special Defense stat.
Effect: 20% chance to lower the foe's Special Defense by 1 stage.

Reasoning:
Only slight boosts to stats because honestly Aegislash's stats are already nuts. Stance Change is modified so you no longer have to run King's Shield to use Shield forme, though doing so is probably recommended since Aegislash is slow as sin. Mostly what Aegislash gets is movepool buffs. Aegislash now gets Psycho Cut, not that it really has a use for it. Also, Psycho Cut, Night Slash, Slash, and Shadow Claw are all buffed to the same power as Leaf Blade, while Flash Cannon and Shadow Ball are buffed to match Psychic. It has better physical STAB in Iron Edge and the newly-buffed Shadow Claw, while on the Special side it now gets perfect Fighting/Ghost coverage and Nasty Plot for boosting. Aegislash also now has Fairy coverage on the physical side, just to make things more interesting and make Psycho Cut that much more redundant.

Of particular note is his new self-healing move, Ironforge. It's essentially a Roost equivalent for Steel-types, except instead of removing their Steel typing the heat from the forge changes them to Fire-type.

Also, Aegislash would like you to know that it is the only one allowed to have priority around here! With Riposte at its disposal, Aegislash can punish any attempted priority move hard, hitting the foe harder than they would have hit him!

Not giving Aegislash Secret Sword for reasons that will come up much later.

Mimic is just there because everything that learns standard TMs can be taught Mimic by the Mimic Girl in Kanto. Headbutt is there because most Pokémon can be taught Headbutt by that tutor in Johto.

Aegislash gets Intrinsic Levitate because it is always shown to float. So now it only has 3 weaknesses instead of 4, and it gains another immunity.

Bronzong

Steel/Psychic
Flash Fire/Magic Guard/Drizzle (Intrinsic Levitate)
95/105/136/95/136/20 (587 BST)
+Recover, +Earth Power, +Thunder, +Energy Ball, +Rapid Spin, +Spikes, +Heal bell, +Iron Slam*
*100 BP, 10 PP (16 max),Steel, has a chance to paralyze
Modified Ability: Magic Guard now protects from paralysis (no speed decrease, can't be fully paralyzed) and confusion.
Bronzong
Steel/Psychic (Intrinsic Levitate)
97 | 94 | 136 | 94 | 136 | 33 (590 BST, +30 HP, +5 Atk, +20 Def, +15 SpAtk, +20 SpDef)
Drizzle | Insulation Alloy (Immunity and can't use Fire and Electric type attacks. Immunity to all forms of Burn and Paralysis.) | Heavy Metal (Boosts Defense by 1.5x, but decreases Speed by 0.75x.)
+Metal Burst, +Rapid Spin, +Spikes, +Surf, +Waterfall, +Hyperspace Hole, +Wish, +Thunder Boom (See zerobreaker000's Thundurus), +Relic Song,+Will-o-Wisp*
(*Incompatible with Heavy Metal).

Bronzong's new/changed abilities can make it an unpredictable Pokemon. It may be a Drizzle Wish support set, or an Insulation Alloy tank set, or a Heavy Metal Trick Room set, or a Drizzle hazard set-upper, etc. Its abilities don't outright make the other ones useless.

Metal Burst, Rapid Spin and Spikes are feasible moves for a metal lump like Bronzong. Surf and Waterfall are based on its relation to rain. Hyperspace Hole because Bronzong is said to bring rain by opening portals from another world. Wish because people wished for Bronzong to bring rain and make crops grow. Those sound moves because Bronzong is a bell, an ancient bell (Relic Song) that brings rain (Thunder Boom). Will-o-Wisp because... it could probably summon "sinister, bluish white flames" from its portals or something (it's good competitively :p).
Bronzong
Steel/Psychic type Intrinsic Levitate
Fertile Ground (Sets Grassy Terrain for 8 turns upon switching in.)
/Drizzle/Heavy Metal (Boosts Def by 1.5x, but decreases Speed by 0.75x)
BST: 97/109/146/79/156/33 Total: 620
Move additions and changes: +Grassy Terrain, +Rototiller, +Heal Bell, +Recover, +Stone Edge
+Nature Power
- 100 BP, Now changes typing in different environments: Electric type for Electric Terrain, Grass type for Grassy Terrain, Fairy type for Misty Terrain.

Excadrill

Steel/Ground
115/150/100/35/95/118 (613 BST)
+Knock Off, +Thousand Arrows, +Belly Drum, +Superpower, +Stone Edge, +Spikes, +Megahorn
Excadrill
Ground/Steel type
Sand Rush/Iron Barbs/Mold Breaker (Does Mold Breaker still hit through Intrinsic Levitate?)
BST: 130/165/110/50/95/98 Total: 648
Move additions and changes: +Stone Edge, +Knock Off, +Spikes
Drill Run
: Now has 60 BP; Guaranteed critical hit.
Excadrill:
Ground/Steel
Base stats: 120/155/75/50/80/120, BST: 600
Moveset additions: +Stone Edge, +Cross Chop, +Spikes, +Build Up, +Megahorn, +Night Slash, +Shimmer Strike, +Focus Energy, +Mining Claw, +Iron Edge, +Headbutt, +Mimic
Move changes:
Meta Claw: 10% chance to boost Attack 1 stage -> 70% chance to boost Attack 1 stage.

Drill Run:
Type: Ground (unchanged)
Category: Physical (unchanged)
Power: 60
Target: Adjacent (unchanged)
In-game description: The user crashes into the target while rotating its body like a drill. This move always results in a critical hit.
Effect: Guaranteed critical.
Makes contact. (unchanged)

New moves:

Build Up:
In-game description: Using stone, metal, etc., the user adds mass in the form of fists, armour, etc. to raise Attack and Defense.
Effect: Attack rises 1 stage, Defense rises 1 stage, user's weight increases by 100 kg.
Affected by Snatch.

Shimmer Strike:
Makes contact.

Iron Edge:
Makes contact.

Mining Claw:
In-game description: The user digs into the ground at the target's feet and lifts sharply in an uppercut, raising a blast of rock and debris to strike in tandem with their claws. Critical hits land more easily.
Makes contact.

Reasoning: Excadrill certainly looks like it should be fast, so of course I gave it stats to make it fast, as well as even more powerful and better able to take hits.

As for moves, Excadrill can Slash, so why not give it other Slash variants? Tough Claws makes sense on Excadrill and is a very powerful ability. Its new move Mining Claw is there to give it reliable Rock coverage that can be used with Tough Claws, since Stone Edge is a non-contact move. Focus Energy gives it a way to abuse all these high-crit moves, although in most circumstances it is inferior to Swords Dance. The fact that Excadrill learns Horn Drill justifies Megahorn on its moveset.

The newly-buffed Drill Run means there's no reason to run EQ if you're using Tough Claws, and in fact it might overall be better than Earthquake even if you aren't running Tough Claws because the guaranteed critical gets past defensive setup. In fact, for anything combining Shell/Battle Armor and Iron Defense, a Mold Breaker Drill Run will smash right through.

The new Build Up is a Bulk Up clone for Steel-, Rock-, and Ice-types that Bulk Up doesn't make sense for. It does have the disadvantage of making you weaker to Grass Knot and Low Kick, but at the same time it makes you less vulnerable to Heavy Slam and Heat Crash. Pokémon who use Heavy Slam or Heat Crash themselves might end up really appreciating this move, too, since it increases the power of those moves.

As with the others, Excadrill gets Mimic and Headbutt from the tutors in Kanto and Johto because everything else does.
Excadrill
Ground/Steel
Sand Rush/Titanium Might/Mold Breaker
Titanium Might: All Iron type moves get base power increased by 50%
Base Stats: 110/160/70/50/70/120 BST: 580
Moveset Additions: +Iron Rumble(cause it digs a lot and its iron claws are really strong), +Stone Edge
Iron Rumble:
Type:Ground and Steel
Category:Physical
Power:110
Accuracy:100%
PP:10

Changes:
Earthquake:
Now removes all hazards when used(cause the ground rumbles, and the hazards fly away.)

Ferrothorn

Grass/Steel
Iron Barbs/Arena Trap/Skill Link
95/110/145/40/140/15
(545 BST)
+Rapid Spin, +Iron Slam*, +Earthquake, +Spike Cannon
*See Bronzong
Modified Moves: Spike Cannon
Steel type, 25 BP, 95 Accuracy, 24 PP (max)
Ferrothorn
Grass/Steel type
Filter/Iron Barbs
BST: 124/129/201/54/141/20 Total: 669
Move additions and changes: +Powder, +Spiky Shield
+Spike Cannon
- 20% chance to lay down one layer of spike per hit.
+Catapult - 55BP, Rock type, physical, 80% Accu., 8PP; Doubles in power if Stealth Rock is on user’s side; Removes Stealth Rock from user’s side if the move hits.
Ferrothorn:
Grass/Steel type
Iron Barbs/Filter/Forewarn (HA)
Ability changes:
Iron Barbs: Now deals damage even if the contact move is blocked by Protect, Spiky Shield, or King's Shield. Detect still prevents Iron Barbs from working, as the user evades attacks rather than blocking them outright.
Forewarn: Now lasts 4 turns, displaying each move in the foe's set in descending order of base power at a rate of one move per turn. Additionally, moves revealed by Forewarn are guaranteed to miss against this Pokémon on the turn it reveals them.
Base stats: 105/124/161/54/141/15 BST: 600
Moveset additions: +Spiky Shield, +Powder, +Magic Coat, +Mimic, +Headbutt, +Catapult (with all due respect to zerobreaker000, your move is amazing and I'm borrowing it for mine too)
Catapult:
Power: 55
Accuracy: 85%
Target: Any
In-game description: The user lobs nearby pebbles at the opposing side. If Stealth Rock is active on the user's side of the field, this move's power doubles and Stealth Rock is removed.
Effect: Doubles in base power if Stealth Rock is on the user's side. Removes stealth rock from the user's side if the move hits.
Bomb move.

Also while we're at it, an item modification:
Rocky Helmet: Now deals damage even if the contact move is blocked by Protect, Spiky Shield, or King's Shield. Detect still prevents a Rocky Helmet from working, as the user evades attacks rather than blocking them outright.

Reasoning:
So how about that Forewarn buff though?

Ferrothorn can now remove Stealth Rock via that nice new move, Catapult. It has increased bulk as well to help deal with the increased power of most of the threats running around this tier. Additionally, it is now even slower, meaning it gets maximum power on Gyro Ball just a little bit easier. Spiky Shield just makes sense and makes it an even better physical wall, letting it stall for leftovers recovery while also dealing chip damage to foes with contact moves. Magic Coat lets it avoid being Burned and also stops hazards before they can be put up in the first place. Powder takes care of that Fire-type weakness. Iron Barbs is still Iron Barbs, but now also synergizes beautifully with Spiky Shield. Filter mitigates its Fighting weakness and drastically reduces its Fire weakness, from 4x to 2.25x. Forewarn serves as an amazing scouting tool, as well as possible protection against a foe's most powerful attacks right when they try to use them. It also gets Ferrothorn a lot of free switch-ins.

Mimic is just there because everything that learns standard TMs learns Mimic thanks to the Mimic Girl in Kanto. Similarly, Headbutt is there due to the tutor in Johto who teaches it so you can hit trees to get Pokémon to fall out.

Now starts the discussion phase for Forretress, Giratina(-Origin), Gliscor, and Heatran!
I forgot to cut the paragraph about Aegislash gaining Intrinsic Levitate from my post (despite also adding an edit to the post that says "no more Levitate for Aegi!"), and now you've quoted it so I can't. Can you remove that for me pretty please?

Edit: And I can't believe I forgot to give Stone Edge to Excadrill. Sucks, but oh well I guess. The submissions are the submissions and it's rather too late to fix them now that the voting period has started.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)