Pokemon Merchandise thread

Question for someone decently versed in online shopping.
Pokémon Center does not ship to my country as far as I know, so I tried looking for alternatives on Amazon.
I'd recommend Fromjapan
remember that using a shopping proxy is always expensive so make sure to check how many fees are they charging per item and service

I guess I should answer; after looking more into it I have decided not to trust that reseller; thank you all for your inputs.

I can't believe nobody has posted this yet...

Pokemon Squishmallows are here! Well at least for the UK, US and Canada according to the initial Tweet. Pikachu and Gengar are the first batch and we know Togepi and Snorlax are coming, but who knows what other Pokemon may appear? I just bought the Gengar one as of 30mins ago (it's £25.99 on the UK Pokemon Center so not as expensive as I anticipated) and I'm so excited!

Hi,

Can anyone help me please?

I'm trying to list this on ebay but cannot find anything about them online.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

thumbnail_IMG_7487.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_7488.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_7489.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_7490.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_7491.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_7492.jpg

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
If you were curious no there isn't a different Genesect plush for each different drive. Not getting that granular
All I'm saying is they could get creative and make the drive piece removable and providing the 5 drives as additional pieces you can swap out as you please. Like the only other Genesect they would even consider would be its Shiny variant which was made popular by the movies but that opens an entire different bag of plush... which is something I could see them doing: Coming soon, notable Shiny version of Sitting Cuties!

Anyway, the form differences they would need to do is Unfezant (2), Basculin (2), Darmanitan (2), Sawsbuck (4), Frillish (2), Jelliscent (2), The Forces of Nature (6), Kyurem (3), Keldeo (2), and Meloetta (2).

In addition with Genesect, I wouldn't be surprised if they cut Deerling to just using its Spring Form.

In addition with Genesect, I wouldn't be surprised if they cut Deerling to just using its Spring Form.
1671801407884.png
1671801294231.png
1671801343858.png
1671801360508.png
1671801463226.png

The only alternate forms they haven't included so far are Spiky-Eared Pichu and Mega Evolutions. Considering SE-Pichu is consistently ignored and Megas might be coming with the Gen 6 plushes, I'll put money we're getting all of the Deerling and Sawsbuck forms.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I'll put money we're getting all of the Deerling and Sawsbuck forms.
Sawsbuck forms yes as they do have different designs. As do the ones you shown above like Rotom, Burmy, Deoxys, and Shaymin.

But note they didn't make a Sitting Cutie for every Arceus form, and that's probably because the only major difference between each Arceus form is the color. "Yeah, but that's like 18 forms, WAY too much, Deerling only has four". True, but let's be honest, how many people are going to buy Deerling? Not saying it isn't cute, but I don't really see Deerling high on the sales list. And, unlike Sawsbuck which at least has different design elements to make each one interesting, the only difference for Deerling are the colors. I don't think anyone would be upset if they only did the one Deerling. Heck, if it was me, I'd make the part of Deerling that changes color white and include a pink, green, orange, and brown marker so that the buyer can choose which form they want their Deerling to be (or give them an option to have a white Deerling, or an easy option to make their own color).

And if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. It's my personal opinion that I see four different Deerling plush a waste of time, but if the Pokemon Company thinks its worth the extra fabric and fluff than who am I to question it?

And if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. It's my personal opinion that I see four different Deerling plush a waste of time, but if the Pokemon Company thinks its worth the extra fabric and fluff than who am I to question it?
if you look at the website linked they list everything out. This is how I knew Genesect's forms weren't being put in.
585 ぬいぐるみ Pokémon fit シキジカ(はるのすがた) 1,320円
585 ぬいぐるみ Pokémon fit シキジカ(なつのすがた) 1,320円
585 ぬいぐるみ Pokémon fit シキジカ(あきのすがた) 1,320円
585 ぬいぐるみ Pokémon fit シキジカ(ふゆのすがた) 1,320円

Which isnt surprising because while its "only" a color change, the Deerling forms have always been given more preferential treatment as a more distinct "major form", as opposed to "just" the color changes of Arceus or drive swaps of Genesect. The male & female Hippos probably should have gotten their own plush as well, but the line seems to be drawn at "only MAJOR gender changes" like the gen 5 genders.
Likely they want the continuity between the Deerling and the Sawsbuck (they like to be treated as a set), but also might see the color change as distinct enough thanks to the seasaon theming.

Anyway I imagine Silvally will also not get 18 variants, but wouldn't surprise me if Mimikyu gets a busted version lol

And Arceus wasnt helped by being pretty limited, and was only sold with the game in the west which was annoying.

e:
Looking ahead at generations to suss out what might/might not get plush
Gen 6
  • Ash-Greninja is an interesting question in general. SV got rid of it entirely, and there was that weird thing of presenting normal Greninja in the brief flashback in the anime (but still showed it in the "ash's story coming to an end" montage so ??). But it's still like around and popular...already had cards and stuff...its in smash bros...but on top of all that it was added in Gen 7 so maybe they just sit on it like they might be doing with Megas and Regional forms? Many such questions. For reference they DID include the ! & ? Unown with the gen 2 sitting cuties.
  • Vivillon. Oh easy, I think all of them will get in. They love using the forms in things and they're very eye catching. They even finally came to Pokemon Go! There's actually several I'd be tempted to buy.
  • Pyroar. Definitely in, these are major gender differences ala the gen 5 crew
  • Flabebe, Floette, Florges. This does feel very "Deerling/Sawsbuck" situation, but that sure is a lot of them as a set huh. I think ultimately it will come down to do they want Florges to have all its color variations, because they'd probably want the continuity with its previous evolutions. Also need to think about the size of these plush, how big are those flowers going to be? If theyr'e small enough, maybe they just default to Red across the board. The one most likely to be "Arceus'd". Eternal Floette will not be here, most likely.
  • Furfrou. PRetty likely, these are significant visual differences and they see fairly consistent marketing out of them.
  • Meowstic. Yeah.
  • Aegislash. As far as "visual changes" go this is pretty minor but it would result in different posing capabilities with the plush (no they aren't going to do a detachable shield or velcro). For what it's worth both forms even have Sugimori art
  • Pumpkaboo & Gourgeist. I think they're not going to bother, simply because the Sitting Cuties all have a fairly consistent size with each other. Even just looking at the image above, tympole isn't that much smaller than its companions and most of that is because it doesnt have legs; most of the big size differences come from accommodating accessories or body structure. I don't think merchandise usually plays around with their size gimmick either.
  • Xerneas. Inactive Mode Xerneas is so weird. It's a colro change and its antlers are simpler, and it has its own sprite. But it's also the one they basically never acknowledge normally? It's always the more vibrant Active Mode; I'm not sure Inactive Mode has EVER recieved ANY merchandise whatsoever. But at the same time, Inactive Mode is the one you see the most if you interact with out of battle stuff like the box, the party menu, pokemon amie, camp, etc. so if they want to be a little granular with the form you see all the time....?
  • Zygarde. I alluded to it with Ash-Greninja, but it's possible they might put this in the Gen 7 sitting cuties. We're definitely getting 10% & 100% at some point. Personally I think they just put them here, though.
  • Hoopa. Yeah.
  • Megas. None of have been included yet, and they were introduced in Gen 6. They're highly marketable so it would be unusual to include things like all the deer colorations o rburmy cloaks or whatever, but completely pass on the Megas (& regionals & G-Maxes). Possible they could do a dedicated miniset for them, though? There are like 52 of them, they could probably get away with it in a way regionals probably couldn't.
Honestly a lot more questionable ones than I thought. Megas are the big point here... Ithink it'll really depend on what their lower & upper bounds on these sets are internally. Who knows, maybe they go nuts and give us all the flowers and pumpkins.

Gen 7
  • Oricorio. No question.
  • Lycanroc. No question, even Dusk Mane is treated relatively normally and always included. Can't go wrong with dogs.
  • Wishiwashi. I'll go with yes, since the "designs" are so different but it'll be very funny to buy a solo Wishiwashi and it'll be only 10% smaller than Schooling lol. For reference the gen 3 Wailord sitting cuties was not exceptionally bigger than anything else. I actually think the reuniclus plush might be the one that breaks the mold the most since its so long because of its arms.
  • Silvally. Nope. It'll be in the same bin as Arceus and Genesect; the type changing the color likely isn't seen as "important" enough.
  • Minior. We'll definitely get Shields Up and Shields Down, since the designs are distinct, but less sure if they bother giving us all the color variations. They do at least affect the entire plush, and half the appeal of Minior is seeing what color you get. I'm not 100% convinced but I think they haev a better shot than Silvally and the flower fairies.
  • Mimikyu. I joked about including Busted form just because the head by the side would probably "justify" a plush more, but really I don't think they will. Probably.
  • Necrozma. Yeah, all variations for sure. Presonally I just want the normal form.
  • Magearna. Its another "visual only" change, but considering it's now the Home dex completion reward I think yes we'll get normal and Original color variations.
  • Marshadow. The other..."form"....is strange since outside of one piece of Western merchandise it's never named and it only does it when in battle. It's basically like the "Rising Sun" or "Sparkling" forms of Solgaloe or Kyurem; they light up in battle sometimes but aren't actually treated separately. The reason I'm actually listing this is less a "will it get 2 plush" question and more "will the one plush it get be the default mode or the "Zenith" mode"
  • Meltan & Melmetal. These two are treated so weirdly. Despite being released during Gen 7 (and being most associated with Gen 7 in the anime) sometimes they're their own thing (See: Home, Go) & sometimes they're lumped with Gen 8 (the Google pokemon Poll). I can't see releasing these two on their own and they don't get to be "in" the Galar dex in 8 so I assume they'll just be lumped here. But maybe they wont! Maybe they're just going to be dumb about it.
  • Alolan Forms. Like Megas, none of the Alolan forms have been released yet. And these are super marketable, but there's less of them unless they decide to lump ALL the regionals together. So I think it's pretty much got to be now.
Gen 8
  • Cramorant. I'm leaning towards no, but you have to admit official cute merchandise of Cramorant choking on an Arrokuda and Pikachu would be VERY funny. Funny enough to go ahead and make??
  • Toxtricity. Yeah
  • Sinistea & Polteageist. It's literally just a mark you can't see most of the time, so I would say no. Put it in the "Genesect" bin of not worth doing. Though the japanese pokedex does list them out...
  • Alcremie. The colors? Absolutely. Fully body coloration changes and its the primary gimmick of the Pokemon. The real question is what the accessories will be? Will they just stick with the default Strawberries, or maybe they'll give each one their own? That'd be cute. They're certainly not giving each one every accessory, at least.
  • Eiscue. Yeah. The body will be the same but the head is SO distinct you'd have to do this.
  • Indeedee. Yeah.
  • Morpeko. Yeah; they LOVE having both versions in merch
  • Zacian & Zamazenta. Yeah. I'd really like to pick up a Zacian hero plush, in particular
  • Urshifu. Yeah
  • Zarude. It's just Zarude with some cloth around it, so I guess it depends how fine they are with "just" accessories.
  • Calyrex. I assume yes, but i am VERY curious to what this will look like in practice. Going to be very funny if the rider forms are smaller than either normal horse or normal Calyrex
  • Galarian forms. See my note about Alolan forms
  • G-Maxes. Like with Megas, this is the time to do them. But on the other hand they always have the dumb ass clouds as part of the design and it already sucks on the bigger plush, it's going to look even worse on the Cuties. So maybe we can just not have them at all actually.
  • Side note, but I don't think there's been any plush or toys of Eternamax Eternatus. It's gotten cards and stuff, at least, but I'm curious if they'd go ahead and release one with the other G-Maxes, or if it being completely unobtainable would cause them to pass even if they did all the G-Maxes?
  • The Hisui Pokemon + forms. I think all of them should be here, but they could also just make their own "mini" collection, I guess. They'd have to include all the forms, including the new Origins since those missed the boat. Basculegion & Enamorus will obviously have their forms in here.
Gen 9- boy that's a weird thought to have at this point huh, considering it just launched and we're only now getting the gen 5 cuties.
  • Oinkologne. Yeah
  • Maushold & Dudnsparce. The differences are fairly minor, -1 kid & +1 segment, but there is more to the physicality of the plush than something like Sinistea. I could see them offering them
  • Squawkabilly. Yeah, for the same reason as Deerling, Alcremie and company. And colorful birds are probably very collectable.
  • Palafin. OK the real question here is do they bother with "Zero" Palafin, which will just be Finizen with a heart on its chest. It is at least more visible than Sinistea's mark but, like. Still pretty minor. We're definitely getting the Hero form, but things to think about
  • Revavroom. Sadly we will surely not be getting the Starmobiles
  • Tatsugiri. Yeah
  • Gimmighoul. Yeah
  • Koraidon & Miraidon. I don't think they'll bother with stuff like the flight mode or the bike mode, but the "unpowered" modes I think might have a chance, just because they are with you literally all the time and that design is very distinct. Let me buy my dumb lizard dog when he's not in battle, please. Lord knows there's more going on here design wise than the Inactive mode Xerneas!
  • Paldea Forms. All.....4 of them.....
Gen 9 benefits, I suppose, from its usual form designs being "distinct" Pokemon.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Gen 5 Sitting Cuties have dropped in Japan.
And HERE they all are.
  • Unfezant has a male & female plush.
  • Basculin has Red & Blue Stripe.
  • There's a Zen Mode Darmanitan.
  • There are 4 Deerling and 4 Sawsbuck.
  • Frillish and Jellicent has its male & female.
  • Forces of Nature have their Incarnate & Therian formes.
  • Kyurem, Keldeo, and Meloetta has all their forms.
  • Genesect has just the one (default/orange Drive).

And HERE they all are.
  • Unfezant has a male & female plush.
  • Basculin has Red & Blue Stripe.
  • There's a Zen Mode Darmanitan.
  • There are 4 Deerling and 4 Sawsbuck.
  • Frillish and Jellicent has its male & female.
  • Forces of Nature have their Incarnate & Therian formes.
  • Kyurem, Keldeo, and Meloetta has all their forms.
  • Genesect has just the one (default/orange Drive).
yeah they listed those all out on the announcement, so nothing too surprising here.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I know, but nice to see the plush in person than off a list.

Oof, stiff arms; just shake it off, shake it off, get that blood flowing

Sitting Purloin, more cursed than standing? (Though now it REALLY looks like a Digimon character)

... If you flip it on its bottom it'll be sitting upright like the other Pokemon.

Conkeldurr, my dude, just relax, you don't need to be holding your concrete pillars upright ALL the time, at the very least hold them by the side.

Throh's face need to be on those joke shirts which shows a character's emotion range but it's the same expression for each one. Just mood.
... I just added Sawk cause they just don't feel complete without the other.

HEY! It's standing up! I can overlook the ones which can't sit cause they're a serpent or bug, but Whimsicott clearly as legs!

On Decaf...

ON EXPRESSO!

Like, I feel these two should come with stands to prompt them up.

TOP 5 JOKE-TIME-GO:
1. Jazz hands!
2. Who needs a hug!
3. High 20!
4. Catch these hands!
5. Why yes, I am the international pattycake champion!

WILL... IT... SPIN!

So, are we supposed to lay it flat or balancing on the bottom of the head?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)