Programming Pokemon Battle Predictor: A Working Machine Learning Browser Extension

One quick panic later and it should be working again. I was planning on releasing an update in a week, but I guess it came early.

Hi,
I read your whole thread and everything is interesting in it.

You mentionned you worked on an AI based on this idea, which I had some ideas about.
I thought about a way for the player controlling the AI to « paste » the 12 (6v6 battle) Pokemon’s movesets, including items, abilities and spread details directly into a kind of pokepaste feature (see :PokePaste) ) directly in the AI's system.

Obviously, implementing this idea would need to make pokemon / moves / spread / abilities and item files so that the AI can indeed read what the player wants him to play with / against.

I also thought about the extend of the number of pokemons / moves / items / abilities that would need to be implemented.
To be honest, we wouldn’t need more than :
~ 60 pokemons
~ 90 abilities (concerning those 60 pokemons, only some of them has more than 1 competitively viable ability that needs to be taken in count such as clefable with unaware / magic guard)
~ 200 different moves
~ 15 different items
~ 10 different natures
~ 80 different spreads (note : only fixed spreads could be taken in count to lessen the number of spread varieties we could encounter).
All this only concerns the actual SS OU tier, I could eventually make a more detailed list about that if needed.

The idea behind this is simple :
The player could simulate a closed room where he choses the 12 pokemons and all their parameters.
After which the AI will run through many simulated game attempts against the correct team so that he then finds the best solution / gamepath to the win regarding the opposite Matchup (he should come up with a series of play that beats at 100% certainty (or close due to random in-game factors).
The player would then only need to make the same plays the AI did by looking the AI’s replays / choices depending on the situation (indications could be shown as it already is in your actual prediction system).

I though don’t know how much time it would need for such an AI to find the best gamepath and then show it to the concerned player, even with limited and chosen parameters, but even if it takes long, it would definitely be the best way for a player to test his team against any MU he wants.
What do you think ?
As for your idea, if only you knew how close it is to what I'm doing with it in the near future! I like your idea a lot, but I'm going to have tons to say on the matter hopefully next week (but y'all know how predicting time frames for large projects go).

One quick panic later and it should be working again. I was planning on releasing an update in a week, but I guess it came early.

As for your idea, if only you knew how close it is to what I'm doing with it in the near future! I like your idea a lot, but I'm going to have tons to say on the matter hopefully next week (but y'all know how predicting time frames for large projects go).
Thank you for your answer !

I read your first post, looking for more informations about your prediction program.

You mentionned you used Tensorflows to make things work, and I checked the website myself hoping to be able to create a basic algorithm to start with.
Unfortunately, I'm not really sure about the moduls you used.

In a further post, I'd enjoy if you told us more about it.

Keep doing :)

OU Monotype was an old way of putting it iirc, I don't think it's necessary. Could be an alias?

Even in the case of other formats, nothing changes, at least for Gen 1 OU.
View attachment 323459
He's probably shut down the entire server since 2021.
I just remembered this recently and wanted to see how it's been updated.
But it's still the same, the extension is installed, but nothing shows up
1674172284298.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)