Programming PokeDB

Would you want to use this program and if so, what would you want to pay at most for it?

• Yes, with a subscription-type payment (specify interval and how much in comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm making a program that will be able to keep track of your pokemon with stats like IV's.
The IV's can be calculated if you don't know them.
It will also have a fully functional pokedex with data like base stats, evolutions and more.

At the moment I'm making the pokedex-part of the program.
The functions implemented are:
  • List of every Pokemon
    • Like the normal pokedex it contains every pokemon obtainable in the games.
  • Types of selected pokemon
    • Color-coded types like Electric-Ghost for Rotom (normal forme).
  • Egg-groups of selected pokemon
    • It shows which egg-groups the selected pokemon belongs to, so breeding can be made easier.
  • Base stats of selected pokemon with min and max for a selectable level
    • Every pokemon has a base stat for hp, attack and so on. Per level they determine (in combination with IV and nature) what it's stat will be. The minimum for the level will be calculated with 0 IV in the stat, 0 EV's and a nature negatively affecting the stat. The maximum for the level will be calculated with 31 IV in the stat, 252 EV's and a nature positively affecting the stat.
  • Evolution trees
    • Clickable names of the pre-evolution (if applicable) and evolution(s) (if applicable) of the selected pokemon.
  • Donate button (paypal only)
Implemented on background:
  • IV calculator (nearing the accuracy of MetalKid's calculator)
  • All moves (not the movesets for selected pokemon)
  • All items
  • All natures (not the possible natures for selected pokemon)
IMG-20140126-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20140126-WA0003.jpg

To-do list:
  • Complete list of when and how a pokemon learns moves

Things that might get implemented if the original program is finished:
  • Damage calculator
  • Android version (not linked to windows version)

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pokedb

Note: This post will be updated to specify exact features and such.

I'd like to get some feedback on the idea.
Good or bad, it doesn't matter.

Last edited:
so this is a program that can record my pokemon and if, for example, forget how i train certain pokemon i can see it on a table or something laki that.
If it is like that, AMAZING!

so this is a program that can record my pokemon and if, for example, forget how i train certain pokemon i can see it on a table or something laki that.
If it is like that, AMAZING!
If I understood exactly what meant, I'd gladly answer your question.
What I understood is that you think the program will be able to give you ideal movesets for pokemon and notify you if a pokemon is not fully trained.
That is not the case.
It will be able to show you all the things pokemon itself does when you select a pokemon, but in addition to that you can keep track of its IV's and if its shiny or not.

Ideal movesets is something I'm thinking about implementing, but it will be a massive amount of work.

Edit: I made it sound really crappy :(

Last edited:
"you can keep track of its IV's and if its shiny are not"
Does that mean I can add my own instances of a pokémon? A "my pokémon" list of sorts?
Because if that's the case, I'm very interested. Would be great to keep track of EV's as well, which shouldn't be that hard to implement.
A port to mobile would then be great as well, eliminating the need for pen and paper if you breed your pokémon on the go, like me.

Hell, if you're trying to make what I think you're trying to make, I'd be willing to help you program it.
(Berry hier, je weet me wel te vinden ;) )

"you can keep track of its IV's and if its shiny are not"
Does that mean I can add my own instances of a pokémon? A "my pokémon" list of sorts?
Because if that's the case, I'm very interested. Would be great to keep track of EV's as well, which shouldn't be that hard to implement.
A port to mobile would then be great as well, eliminating the need for pen and paper if you breed your pokémon on the go, like me.

Hell, if you're trying to make what I think you're trying to make, I'd be willing to help you program it.
(Berry hier, je weet me wel te vinden ;) )
Currently I'm "rebuilding" the pokedex as everyone knows it with some added features as you can see in the screenshots.
After that is done, I will add the possibility to keep track of which pokemons you have with every uniqueness that it has.
For example: if you have 2 ditto's and ditto 1 is Timid with 0 IV's and 0 EV's and ditto 2 is Serious with 6 IV's and all EV's (can't remember the total :P) they will be distinct pokemon in your personal list.
As I mentioned in the first post, a port to android is something I'd like to do after this is done.

At the moment I'm completely on my own, which works fine.
If I get stuck (happens from time to time :P) I'll message you :P

After some work I finally made it work:

I hereby announce the function of logging in.
The program will be made so that I will be online AND offline available.

I hope you like the new videos (added in OP)

Thank you Layell for posting the sprites of the pokemons for public use.
I've implemented them as well as a little button to "forget" a remembered account.

Look in the OP for the pictures ;)

Due to college and problems in the project itself, I haven't done much since the last update. I will be completing this project, but college has my priority as I hope you understand ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)