Pokémon you had fun using in in-game runs

:gs/jumpluff:

The Hoppip line was surprisingly incredibly fun - and useful - in my Crystal Hardcore Flying Nuzlocke. Fast sleep and Leech Seed are not to be trifled with, and Headbutt actually does sufficient damage to most enemies; Jumpluff isn't sweeping teams, but they sure make it a lot easier.

:gs/scyther:

My Scyther, armed with HP Rock of all things, was also really strong in that same Nuzlocke; even nearly soloing Lance (I believe Jumpluff helped put a Gyarados to sleep). Agility, Swords Dance x2, and HP Rock defeats everyone Lance had. They may not have much in the way of strong STAB options until like Gen IV, but they don't need those in GSC; a 24% Attack boost after beating Whitney goes a fair distance in ameliorating that issue, especially if you have 102 BP Return to help sweep. As you can see from my sig, Scyther and Jumpluff ended up being among the run survivors.

:gs/furret:

In my regular Crystal Hardcore Nuzlocke, Furret was a real trooper. Defense Curl + Rollout, with a bit of aid, decimated Whitney; he also swept over half of Lance's team, and just hit enemies really hard with Headbutts and Returns, only finally losing steam by the Red fight (still won, though).

:gs/qwilfish:

In a Crystal Water-type Hardcore Nuzlocke, this little fish was really strong, reliably crushing Bugsy after spamming Defense Curls (on Metapod) and Swifts and then sweeping with Rollout. Like Furret, they too took out 4 mons against Lance, and Surf, Sludge Bomb, and decent speed and bulk - coupled with usable Special Attack and solid Attack - helped me win many battles. They were able to put in work against Red too, IIRC.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)