Ability: Whatever
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Recycle
- Soft-Boiled
- Store Power/Metronome
- Cosmic Power
How can I beat this cancer mon without knock off :/
Prankster and/or Dark-type Haze, Whirlwind, Unaware or Mold Breaker.

Since Klinklang has both plus and minus, should magnetic flux raise by 2 both def and spe def ? I tested it and i was surprised to see that it only raise both by one...

Since Klinklang has both plus and minus, should magnetic flux raise by 2 both def and spe def ? I tested it and i was surprised to see that it only raise both by one...
Just from looking up how Plus works exactly from its in-game description...
Boosts the Sp. Atk stat of the Pokémon if an ally with the Plus or Minus Ability is also in battle.
I'm guessing it needs a separate Pokemon for it to trigger?

Clefable @ Leppa Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Recycle
- Soft-Boiled
- Store Power/Metronome
- Cosmic Power
Just reading somthing on this thread. I think there's an Endless Clause here too where you are not allowed to used Recycle + Leppa Berry with recovery moves like Softboiled.

I would like to propose a porygon z ban. This mon has no real counters other than chansey because z and specs are entirely different in the mons that walls them and its common to sack at least 1 mon if you guess wrong.
Not only those sets, but I've been having some success with Scarf and Z-Hyper Beam on some teams too. There's really nothing out there that can handle Porygon-Z consistently 100% of the time :/

You know there's something wrong with the meta when you can 6-0 someone easily.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebilities-858112811
Honestly whoever was running the 6 team in that matchup hadn't built very well at all. 5 of their Pokemon were weak to Ice, with 2 being 4X weak. They had no Steel types, or indeed Normal resists at all. They were running a Sand team without Stoutland, which is honestly just dumb - it is easily the best Sandstorm sweeper. They had no Thunder Wave on Thundurus, which could've easily shut down all of those Pokemon. Just swapping Hippowdon out for Tyranitar would've let them shut down Porygon-Z.

I've swept teams 6-0 with SG Magearna in OU. Does that mean there's something wrong with that meta? No - it just means my opponent didn't prepare for it. Every metagame has Pokemon that you have to prepare for, and this is no exception.

Clefable @ Leppa Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Recycle
- Soft-Boiled
- Store Power/Metronome
- Cosmic Power
Cosmic power boosts don't matter on an unaware mon, so it's not getting any bulkier than standard clef. Just boosting stored power's BP and boosting defense against mold breaker mons.

Edit: ignore me I'm dumb

Last edited:
Cosmic power boosts don't matter on an unaware mon, so it's not getting any bulkier than standard clef. Just boosting stored power's BP and boosting defense against mold breaker mons. (This is how unaware works on cart at least, to be fair idk for sure if showdown has it coded properly)
Unaware ignores the OPPONENT'S stat boosts, not your own.

I would like to propose a porygon z ban. This mon has no real counters other than chansey because z and specs are entirely different in the mons that walls them and its common to sack at least 1 mon if you guess wrong.
If something had to be banned, I’d probably start with Z-Conversion first - it seems like the best set of the bunch, although I’d still imagine Porygon-Z would still dominate the meta. That said, without +1 defences, priority is a lot more useful against PZ.

A meta game where Porygon-Z can get Adaptability, Download and Analytic all at the same time is a pretty damn scary for a meta, especially with Z-Conversion running around as of late. Definitely something to watch out for.
Oh, honey, you don't even need Z-Conversion. Watch this. That's right, Clefable just died from 91% from a completely unboosted Base 80 Special Attack. Bulky Specs is just THAT terrifying.

That being said Koko/Lucha cores are the stuff of nightmares in this meta.

I've been running into a shitton of Aurora Veil and I don't see how the addition of Snow Cloak makes it anything less than uncompetitive. Nothing with Infiltrator is worth using, one turn to Defog loses games outright (Lucha is fucking dumb), and I'm getting really tired of missing 100% accurate attacks for no cost letting screens go up again and again.

Get rid of Ninetales or Aurora Veil.

In my experience so far (about 60 games), this meta has been very offense favoured. Salamence, Cincinno, Ursaring, Conkeldurr, Hawlucha, etc. all running around makes it hard to find any viable checks. Despite them being pretty hard to prepare for, I don't think banning them is the solution (so far). I believe that if these offensive threats were to be taken away, the meta would devolve into some sort of effect spore/cute charm chance game. Instead of taking the offensive tools away from players, why not give them some defensive tools to counteract it? I think unbanning would do the trick; namely Deoxys-D and Aegislash.

Looking at the 5 specific mons listed up there, Aegislash hard walls Hawlucha/Cincinno, can wall Conk if played correctly/if it doesn't have knock off, forces Ursaring to run crunch if it wants to be able to hit it at all, and eats at least 1 hit from a +1 Salamence. This meta changes absolutely nothing about Aegislash, but it opens up the opportunity for others to deal with it far more appropriately than the standard OU metagame. It's still beaten by common threats like Greninja, M-Swampert, Porygon-Z, and Magnezone.

Deoxys-D is much of the same, though to a lesser degree. It doesn't really wall anything I listed, but it does get some utility moves that I think are pretty great. Trick room is very nice, and Deoxys-D would make a fine addition to any team based on it. It's a very reliable TR setter, also has rocks, taunt, recover, and t-wave. Honestly, I believe it to be just a worse Reuniclus, but it introduces some nice flexibility and some much needed bulk.

Some other ubers that could be alright in this meta, but I'm very unsure about (in order from most to least likely to not be super OP): Giratina, Genesect, Landorus, Deoxys-S, and Blaziken (mega???)

Keep in mind though, I'm perfectly okay with just banning the OP shit, especially if Aegislash/Deoxys-D/everything else turns out to be bad for the metagame, and I'm just missing it. I'd just like to give a fair crack at balancing the meta without banning all of the stuff that's making it unique.

i've been enjoying this omotm and the only mon that needs to go is greninja
porygonz can stay as it is real easy to take down
greninja is too fast

Oh, honey, you don't even need Z-Conversion. Watch this. That's right, Clefable just died from 91% from a completely unboosted Base 80 Special Attack. Bulky Specs is just THAT terrifying.

That being said Koko/Lucha cores are the stuff of nightmares in this meta.
Given that Clefable usually struggles with stuff like Specs Ash-Greninja in regular OU, I decided to do a comparison:

Ash-Greninja:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 364-429 (92.3 - 108.8%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 331-390 (84 - 98.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Porygon-Z:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Porygon-Z Uproar vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 362-426 (91.8 - 108.1%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Porygon-Z Uproar vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 328-388 (83.2 - 98.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

So in reality, regular Ash-Greninja is actually stronger than Porygon-Z when fighting Clefable. Admittedly there are two extra factors to consider here: Ash-Greninja doesn’t handle Moonblasts well and the rest of your team still has to handle a potentially +1 P-Z.

My main point here is that Clefable isn’t really an appropriate wall for either of these Pokémon so it’s a bit silly to point that out as a reason for P-Z’s ban if regular P-Z has the same output against Clefable as its Pokeability counterpart.

Anyway, I think P-Z may still have a place in this rather aggressive metagame because there’s a lot of other strongly offensive Pokemon in this OM that are arguably just as strong as P-Z without Z-Conversion. That’s why I think if a ban has to happen, start with Z-Conversion first and then see what happens later.

IDK if anyone has said this yet but Kommo-o gets huge defensive buffs with Bulletproof, Soundproof, AND Overcoat.

Kommo-o @ Kommonium Z
Ability: Bulletproof/Soundproof/Overcoat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab
- Dragon Dance

It has a much easier time setting up because of this - Still have to be wary of moves that dodge these conditions though. Obviously.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)