Implemented please ban alts in team tours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
While I'm sure not many people have this concern, I would rather not play Tournament games on my main alt for scouting reasons. If we implement this, I'd want there to be a field in the signup phase of tournaments that look like what soulgazer and Kaori proposed in soulgazer's post here. This also solves the problem of not everyone having a PS! alt that matches their smogon username, myself being a perfect example of that.
You can already /hidereplay (or /unlistreplay on stours) which makes it so that your teams don't show up in scouters, except for in official tournaments where you're not allowed to hide the replay anyway. This is a non-issue, as is the problem of users not having a ps alt that matches their Smogon username, since you can still use clearly identifiable alts anyway (if DuckFan is taken on ps then DuckFan2 will suffice).

edit: the post this was responding to is now deleted x-x but still

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
After a long internal discussion, we have decided that: players in team tournaments are expected to use a singular PS alt that resembles their forum account for official games.

This account specifically should match the same standards for SmogTours voiced alts, which require being as similar to your forum username as possible. Starting with this WCoP, it will be mandated that this rule is followed and you will be infracted for each violation of the rule. In addition, team avatars will be synced with the corresponding alt for each user.

Starting with this upcoming SCL, it will be required that you list it within a field in your signup post as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)