Project Player Of The Week Revived: Week 14 - PTF

TJ

Banned deucer.
is the Smogon Tour Season 34 Championis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion

PTF
Favorite Pokemon: Beautifly
Most used Pokemon: Alolan Sandslash
Most known for: PU Room Voice
TJ: Hey PTF, how are you doing today?
PTF: Hello mate, it’s been a cracka day so I’m doing pretty good.

TJ: Can you tell us a little about yourself outside of Smogon?
PTF: I’m a single mother of three kids and I dedicate my life to nurture them and watch them thrive. Yeah, nah lol. I’m a wild ride. Outside of Smogon, you will find me chasing adrenaline usually by swimming in beaches with dangerous waves or getting lost in nature reserves. Most of the time, I’m completing assessments and studying for university. This is my fifth and final year studying law and media and I’m exhausted but at the same time excited to finish. Other than uni, I’m quite chill. I enjoy nights out with my mates laughing about things we shouldn’t be laughing at. I enjoy gatherings where the oldies of my family come together and sing songs by Arab legends like Umm Kulthum. And I enjoy my solitude, disconnecting from everyone and just being present in the moment with a good view in front of me – usually the beach.

TJ: How and when did you get into competitive Pokemon? What drew you to the PU community?
PTF: I accidentally stumbled upon competitive pokemon when I wanted to play Pokemon online. I was looking for a simulator and my 10 year old ass didn’t know where to look. So I googled, I kid you not, “play Pokemon online” and then I found Showdown. I started playing competitively in OU during the BW era where I featured a spike stack Skarmory with Whirlwind and Toxic Heal Gliscor. Good old days, I swear I had no clue what I was doing but it was fun. What drew me to PU was that it had my favourite mons at the time and once I started playing, I was hooked.

TJ: Where did you get your username from?
PTF: The day I made my PTF account was the same day I got booked by a copper for not having my Ps visible on my car. He was a cunt tbh. I wanted the username FTP - Fuck The Police but it was unavailable so I just flipped it and reversed it and created PTF. Now, I don’t even think of the police. PTF has just become a cute nickname and I like it.

TJ: What are your thoughts on the current PU metagame? Is there anything that you think should be resuspect tested after PU Open?
PTF: I’m still in grief after Lilligant was unjustifiably banished from the kingdom. That hurt my heart. I miss Mesprit as well but I was using it less and less so it wasn’t grieving as much. I like the metagame right now and I’m excited for the potential of teambuilding. I don’t think anything needs to be suspected. The mons I was on the fence with were Houndoom – I voted no and Lilligant. However, I think the meta is healthier without them.

TJ: Do you think any Pokemon is relatively unexplored at the moment?
PTF: Simisage is so fun to use. The coverage of the LO mixed set means you break through common cores like Alolaslash and Quagsire and threaten stall significantly – it also has a good speed tier. Throh and Bronzor are both mons with good potential. Throh is so bulky and just sets up a substitute on common mons like Eelektross, Alolaslash, Quagsire, Jellicent, Qwilfish. Bronzor is a fat wall that doesn’t die.

TJ: Who are some of your favorite people in the PU community?
PTF: There’s so many favourites. I love my fellow Aussie brethren curiosity and Chloe. I respect and revere 2xTheTap and I draw a lot of inspiration from his teambuilding and his thought process behind it. Specs, TJ, Taskr, MaroGod, ShuckleDeath, Akir are long time friends that have always been there to help me test, build and speak to. HJAD for his scouse accent. I have also really connected with users like Oathkeepre, KellyKafka, uhuhuhu7, tlenit1, Urusius, Toy Time King and royesk. I can go on but I love you all and if I’ve missed any forgive me.

TJ: Who do you think will win PU Open? Are you excited for PU's inclusion in Snake?
PTF: I want to see tom holland and Serene Grace go all the way in the PU Open. I glad PU’s in snake but not that excited lol. I saw HJAD and EviGaro post there so that’s exciting!!

TJ: Do you play any sports?
PTF: I’m good at Table Tennis lmao. I also ride my friend’s horse – not sure if horseriding is a sport but aye I’m a pro.

TJ: Favorite TV Show / Movie?
PTF: The best show I watched on Netflix is The People v OJ Simpson. I really enjoy The Golden Girls and AHS Coven – those are my favourites. My favourite movie is Cinderella and Shrek 2.

TJ: Finally, could you give us a cool team and briefly explain it?
PTF:

Drampa @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 136 HP / 252 SpA / 120 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast

Oricorio-Sensu @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Dancer
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Revelation Dance
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Scald
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

Mudsdale @ Figy Berry
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Atk / 152 Def / 96 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Rock Slide

Hitmonchan @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 68 SpD / 128 Spe
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Seed Bomb
- Stone Edge

I really love the core of Drampa and Oricorio-G. The core punishes fighting types for clicking the moves. Take for example Primeape choosing between clicking U-turn and CC on a Drampa. If it clicks U-turn and Drampa is in – you bop a mon. If it clicks CC it gives Ori a chance to click Sub or CM. There’s two fighting types there to take advantage of how strong fighting types are in this meta. Muds and Qwil are for Rocks and spikes and being my backbone to the team.

TJ: Thanks for your time, PTF! As always, if you guys have your own questions, feel free to ask them below! :blobthumbsup:

TTK

Narmaya. That's it.
is a Community Contributor
how are the kids doing PTF?

So you're good at table tennis huh? You need to face off against PU's number 1 table tennis player TTK. UK trip when?

Fuck you I'm the original Australian you bastard.

Outside of PU do you enjoy any other metagame currently?

Out of the PU metas you have been apart of what would you say is your favorite? (Old gens, Oras)

PTF

girl
is a Tiering Contributor
how are the kids doing PTF?

So you're good at table tennis huh? You need to face off against PU's number 1 table tennis player TTK. UK trip when?
The kiddies do my head in - bloody parasites
TTK that's a plan! I'll graduate uni and pop to the UK hopefully to catch up with you and all the other PU Brits - mostly dibs cos he's the cutest.

PTF

girl
is a Tiering Contributor
Fuck you I'm the original Australian you bastard.

Outside of PU do you enjoy any other metagame currently?

Out of the PU metas you have been apart of what would you say is your favorite? (Old gens, Oras)
I like UU and NU and early ORAS was my favourite when Mush ruled the tier.

Reactions: gum

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)