Player of the Week 3: Quite Quiet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Alphose

All these squares make a circle
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello again and welcome to our next Player of the Week. This thread hopes to increase the visibility of prominent NU players to the community and the outside world while promoting both users and the strategies that they find to be effective in the metagame. If there is someone you would like to see interviewed, feel free to drop me a PM.
upload_2014-8-8_14-1-31.png

Quite Quiet
Favorite Pokemon: Ampharos
Most known for: "Winning with bad Pokemon" -Hyunation
Favorite Playstyle: Bulky offensive/balanced
Most used Pokemon: Gurdurr​
Lord Alphose: Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to Pokemon?

Quite Quiet: I think I first saw some battles on youtube like a year ago by now. then I somehow got onto smogon and started reading a bunch.

Lord Alphose: How and when did you start playing NU? Do you remember your first team?

Quite Quiet: oh I remember the first time I played, it was awful. I had 5 mons with perish song and 1 with dbond and I thought it would do great. it didn't :] also I started sometime in September last year. never played much but nu either, it was the first thing I tried.

Lord Alphose: When did you first fight real NU players? When was the first time you really got destroyed by someone who just totally outclassed you?

Quite Quiet: I think during the first week of the assist/prankster suspect I found a bunch on the ladder and I had no chance at all. I don't remember who it was though

Lord Alphose: What is your favorite element of NU?

Quite Quiet: that I can go into a battle, expecting I know what's going to happen, that all of a sudden random mon comes from nowhere and is much more threatening than I expected. there's always something new to find

Lord Alphose: If you could change one thing about NU by banning or unbanning it, what would it be?

Quite Quiet: well I can't say combusken now, can I? I would like to see how whimsicott would do in Nu though

Lord Alphose: NU user or player you most admire?

Quite Quiet: most of them really, they're great in their own ways and I can't pick one I admire more

Lord Alphose: What do you think is the most successful Pokemon, core, or strategy in the current meta?

Quite Quiet: anything involving ferroseed or spikes. even with the spinners, it's still easier to get the spikes up than it is to remove them

DTC: What is the most overrated and underrated Pokemon in NU right now?

Quite Quiet: most underrated for me is probably exeggutor and I still think sawk is getting more praise than it should

Lord Alphose: Advice to new NUers?

Quite Quiet: don't put AV on everything. it's not a good item. there's a handful decent users in nu, better use other items

Chubby (Hippopotas) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Sandslash @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Sandstorm

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Crunch
- Wild Charge
- Play Rough

Cacturne @ Black Glasses
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Swords Dance
- Encore
- Sucker Punch
- Bullet Seed

Spiritomb @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rest
- Foul Play
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp

Uxie @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Def / 252 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Light Screen
- Memento
- U-turn

"it's a sand team I made during the first few weeks of xy nu, while virizon was still around. it was better then, but it's okay still"

Last edited:

migzoo

new money
HI QQ :3
yay ampharos love

What makes NU Mono-Electric teams so godlike?

Last edited:

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
what is a Pokemon you're always afraid of when you see it no matter how well you've prepared?

what is a Pokemon that always beats you no matter how well you've prepared?

what's the most fun gimmick you've used?

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What Pokemon do you feel is the most versatile right now?

Any Pokemon that you almost always end up having on your teams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)