Player of the Week 14: Deej Dy

Status
Not open for further replies.

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Deej Dy
favorite pokemon: Arcanine
most used pokemon: Ninetales
most known for: Ladderin'​

xzern: So tell me, deej, why is your name what it is?
Deej Dy: It's actually my old DJ name, but I liked the sound of it so I kept it for PS. Also its pronounced "Deej Dye" not Deejdi or w/e

xzern: Favorite type of pokemon? (Normal, Fairy, Bird, etc.)
Deej Dy: Gotta be Dark-Types (not Mandibuzz), they hit hard and sucker punch mind games are fun

xzern: How did you come to competitive battling/Smogon?
Deej Dy: I had always liked pokemon since I got pokemon Yellow on my sixth birthday, and I never had lost a battle (before PS) so I figured I was good enough to try competitive. Started out pretty bad in RU though ;p.

xzern: What's your favorite part of NU?
Deej Dy: T̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶m̶u̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ Ninetales

xzern: If you could ban or unban one thing from NU, what would it be/why?
Deej Dy: I want Spiritomb back, the tomb meta was the golden age for stall. Even though it rose through usage, I want it back. #FreeTomb2014

xzern: NU player you most admire?
Deej Dy: Tough question, but it would probably be one of the old late BW2 crew guys like Montsegur, QQ, Aladyyn, n' HJAD. I'm going with HJAD because he rarely gets pissed in ladder games like I do and is always supportive.

xzern: Do you have any advice for people new to NU?
Deej Dy: Yeah, if you lose, don't complain and blame everything on hax every game. Chances are you were outplayed/have a bad team, so be honest with yourself. That is the only way to improve.

xzern: Could you give me something like a mini RMT to conclude the interview, one that demonstrates your teambuilding style?
Deej Dy: http://pastebin.com/CZziK3Nk

Feel free to ask Deej Dy any questions in the thread below and he will answer them.

Deej Dy
favorite pokemon: Arcanine
most used pokemon: Ninetales
most known for: Ladderin'​

xzern: So tell me, deej, why is your name what it is?
Deej Dy: It's actually my old DJ name, but I liked the sound of it so I kept it for PS. Also its pronounced "Deej Dye" not Deejdi or w/e

xzern: Favorite type of pokemon? (Normal, Fairy, Bird, etc.)
Deej Dy: Gotta be Dark-Types (not Mandibuzz), they hit hard and sucker punch mind games are fun

xzern: How did you come to competitive battling/Smogon?
Deej Dy: I had always liked pokemon since I got pokemon Yellow on my sixth birthday, and I never had lost a battle (before PS) so I figured I was good enough to try competitive. Started out pretty bad in RU though ;p.

xzern: What's your favorite part of NU?
Deej Dy: T̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶m̶u̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ Ninetales

xzern: If you could ban or unban one thing from NU, what would it be/why?
Deej Dy: I want Spiritomb back, the tomb meta was the golden age for stall. Even though it rose through usage, I want it back. #FreeTomb2014

xzern: NU player you most admire?
Deej Dy: Tough question, but it would probably be one of the old late BW2 crew guys like Montsegur, QQ, Aladyyn, n' HJAD. I'm going with HJAD because he rarely gets pissed in ladder games like I do and is always supportive.

xzern: Do you have any advice for people new to NU?
Deej Dy: Yeah, if you lose, don't complain and blame everything on hax every game. Chances are you were outplayed/have a bad team, so be honest with yourself. That is the only way to improve.

xzern: Could you give me something like a mini RMT to conclude the interview, one that demonstrates your teambuilding style?
Deej Dy: http://pastebin.com/CZziK3Nk

Feel free to ask Deej Dy any questions in the thread below and he will answer them.
'Rarely gets pissed on ladder games'- fren, you have to see me lose against a good bad player lol

Anyway, my question is: did you ever have a tutor for competitive, or did you learn entirely how to make plays yourself?

Deej Dy

Verified Ladder Scurb 乁( ◔ ౪◔)ㄏ
'Rarely gets pissed on ladder games'- fren, you have to see me lose against a good bad player lol

Anyway, my question is: did you ever have a tutor for competitive, or did you learn entirely how to make plays yourself?
Well I never really had a tutor, I had some dude "Honchkorloene" or something teach me the ropes of RU, but for the most part I've learned to play on my own. Like I said earlier, I learned through my mistakes, and even know I'm cocky sometimes a lot*, I know in the back of my head if hax was the true reason I lost, and I fix accordingly.

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Why is Scyther not your favorite? ;_;
Why are all your teams so fat? ;_;
When are you gonna join the 1800 Club??? :]

Deej Dy

Why is Scyther not your favorite? ;_;
Why are all your teams so fat? ;_;
When are you gonna join the 1800 Club??? :]
1. Cause Ninetales isn't as weak to rocks, n it's got SweG.
2. Fat= good, if it has priority
3. Whenever you face me bruh ;)

Deej Dy

I'm all for Ninetales n' Scyther Gameplay, although they both counter my stally playing-style, but I also am a big fan of weak or surprising sweepers, such as nasty plot Monferno, Quiver Dance Butterfree with Tinted Lens, and Belly Drum Magmortar. I love the look on the faces of people who get swept by them, and when I get swept by them I give a respectful "gg"

Deej Dy

Well I got three so I'm over that now I'm trying to get "Deej Dy" on top of as many ladders as possible, Most I've had was random battles and Nu at the same time though, UU/PU.....sooon

Happy to know you.
Do you think it's playable a Sub-Nasty Plot Ninetales? What's best Ninetales teammate? What do you think about xzern's avatar?

Deej Dy

Happy to know you.
Do you think it's playable a Sub-Nasty Plot Ninetales? What's best Ninetales teammate? What do you think about xzern's avatar?
Haha good to know you too man, I personally love Sub Nasty Plot as I used it before I actually started with NP 3 attacks. I usually run modest and some Hp for sub like 90ish Evs, but enough speed to outspeed main threats, its great for avoiding obvious status moves, and taking an Aqua jet without dying, the only concern is lack of coverage. Now i usually run 3 attacks and have a Seismatoad to soak up water hits and it works very effectively. Also a xatu/spinner/defogger is great to get rid of rocks, and a physical sweeper works great with Tales.

About Xzerns avatar.....no comment ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)