Project Player Interview V3 #7: Mystras Leoxses

Aqua Jet

Boba Bitch
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus

Approved by UU moderation & inspired by Feliburn's project
Amazing Art by Magnum
OP ripped from Moutemoute's

Welcome to "UU Player Interviews", a project where you'll be able to discover or re-discover some well-known players in the UU community. Those people may be known thanks to their high-skilled level, their achievements on the strategic scene, or thanks to their dedication to the tier or within the community.

Hello Mystras, how are you?

I’m doing fine at the moment, college has been a challenge but that’s to be expected.

That's great to hear! What are you studying in college?

Art actually, I'm studying to be a graphic designer or possibly an editor in the future.

That sounds exciting, what made you choose to study art?

Animation like kids shows, like from Disney and CN really gave me a lot of good experiences as a kid and so I sort of wanted to go into it myself. In general there's a warm and fuzzy feeling i get from looking at good pieces, especially now since I've gone into it more, I can really feel the amount of effort that was put into it. I hope when someone looks at something I make, they can also sense something similar.

That's kind of sweet, I hope when I choose a job I feel the same passion that you have for art. For or next question: where did the name come from? It's something I've wondered for awhile.

Mystras was because I was searching for an alt for Can'tFight but i didn't want it to be something like Psyduck29999, so I looked into anime names that hadn't been taken yet. I was into an anime called Magi at the time and Mystras Leoxses hadn't been taken yet so that's how i ended up with it.

What kind of character is Mystras Leoxses?

There wasn't much of him since he came for a short time in the prequel: adventure of sinbad, I've yet to read the manga by this point. But he lived in a nation ruled by a sort of dogma and wanted to move out of that place but couldn't because of his father until Sinbad basically puts the kingdom under his rule and puts Mystras in his crew. There's obviously more that happens, like Sinbad doesn't just put the entire land in siege, he's actually respectful of their traditions until he's seen enough. He was a perv but he was pretty funny to watch with the rest of the cast. I would describe more but it's been a while since I've last seen it since for some fucking reason, netflix decided to remove it.

I see, I'm sorry to hear they removed it. Do you admire/look up to Mystras Leoxses?

Not as much as some other characters, he was another character I found to be entertaining but I do like his story of wanting to move out of an isolated home.

I see. We strayed a little off track, so I'm gonna bring it back by asking what your favourite playstyle is.

I'm usually associated with liking stall and balance and while I do like having bulk to shut down my opponents, I do like some offense where I can use a strong breaker to open cores for a fast cleaner to end the game off. Like my last master's game where i used a Mamoswine with Roserade Spikes for Starmie to clean house, shame i didnt put the team to better use but I do like it.

That's interesting, thank you for sharing! Speaking of tournaments, you were drafted in UUSD. How was that? What was the team atmosphere like? Did you enjoy it?

It was a very interesting experience since I hadn't counted so much on getting drafted in the first place, let alone by avarice since I don't think I interacted too much with him but i had a really nice time in the team disc. I didn't get to play often cause I am a newer play to tours obviously, but I did help quite a bit with testing teams in GSC and SS in particular and the atmosphere was pretty good despite the god awful rng that happened that season. I had a lot of prep for my ADV game too and it ended up a lot closer than i expected it to be against someone like Accel, shoutout to esche and Expulso for the amount of help they gave me. Also to Mr.378, i will try to get better via doing two matches at the same time, I swear..
And thanks to avarice for putting me up in the first place and pokemonisfun for wanting to draft me too!

I'm glad you had fun! What Pokémon do you think are underrated in the current metagame?

i still think rotom-h deserves more love, fire is such a good offensive typing to have and has the tools to annoy most if not all it's checks

To be honest, I think I can get on board with that. Lastly, is there anybody else you want to give a shoutout to?

Estarossa for getting me more into old gens when I was still new, I remember loving DPP when I first started and he also helped get me to where I am in GSC. I've played a lot of UU and OU with him and it was all good times. Same with Holly who always is just ready to play with me in GSC. They both helped me a lot with being mentors. I also wanted to say thank you to BigFatMantis, TeamCharm, Crushy Stuff, and Ivan for being good friends in the community as well.

I'm sure they're very glad to have you as a friend as well. Thank you for doing this interview!

Thank you for your time!

Feel free to ask Mystras Leoxses any questions you want!
If you have some recommendations for an interview, feel free to DM me!

What are your thoughts on Diggersby?
It’s such a fat, disgusting, piece of shit thing for me to look at. This ugly bumbling construction dad has no excuse to be the evolution of bunnelby for being such a disgrace. I really have to give credit to the asshole who demonstrated to me first hand that mega kick from LO SD can kill a physically defensive Tangrowth from full because I will never truly recover from the trauma of that experience. Fuck this mon.
What’s your favorite rotom h set
Favorite food?
What’s your best game you played in gen8uu
Standard pivot with Tox is my favorite, really annoying for some teams to switch around. Favorite food would have to go to tamales or pozole, I cannot wait for Christmas season again when my mom makes those.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1426950992-d7ma7ozhssv02dn1cy9jmif3iby7s0xpw
My best game, or at least my favorite one, would have this one from my majors game against Juno. It felt really rewarding beating someone as experienced as her because I had the team idea, had some tests with it with a couple of others and worked out the kinks and it just ended really well. I definitely should have not risked those Snorlax shenanigans at the end but aside from that, I felt that I played most of that match well, positioned my Kommo-o efficiently for it to break the team, and I had the chance to play with some cool mons like Regidrago and Snorlax.

swinubfan44

formerly TeamCharm
What are your thoughts on Quick Claw Slowbro G?

Would you rather have no legs or be forced to flip burgers at McDonalds for the rest of your life?

Do you think The Rock will be President of the US in 2032?

If you had to have one UU Mon as a pet who would it be and why?

Favorite PMD character and why?

Do you think Lopunny should be given wonder guard for Gen9?

What are your thoughts on Quick Claw Slowbro G?

Would you rather have no legs or be forced to flip burgers at McDonalds for the rest of your life?

Do you think The Rock will be President of the US in 2032?

If you had to have one UU Mon as a pet who would it be and why?

Favorite PMD character and why?

Do you think Lopunny should be given wonder guard for Gen9?
Absolute fucking pain, for some reason it’s you and only you where every turn after you setup is a QCQD turn. If we’re ever in a game of Russian roulette just feel free to just headshot me cause that’s what it basically is when you bring this fucking mon.

I’m sure I can adjust to life with no legs, working at McDonalds would pretty much be giving away my arms too while I’m at it because I’ve sold my legs to pay for rent.

The Rock has been steadily increasing his power throughout all sorts of shit, Fortnite was just his next step. By 2040 when his second term has ended, he will have passed new legislation that makes his presidential powers permanent.

Azumarill and Lycanroc, one is an adorable little ball that I want to squeeze and the other is just a good doggo.

Grovyle of course, playing as him in the Explorers of Sky special episode was child euphoria and he was great in the base game.

Gen 9 just needs to give the mega evo qualities to lopunny straight up and give it wonder guard, the same way they made Calyrex have Moxie clones + unnerve, damn busted mon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)