Project Player Interview #3: EviGaro

Feliburn

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RU Leader

Art by Kalalokki

EviGaro
Favorite Pokemon: Mismagius

Most used Pokemon: Noivern

Most known for: Outstanding performances in individual and team tours, owns the RU room, uses Sawsbuck

After learning how to play poker and winning millions, I took a trip to Montreal. I heard about the festivals there and wanted to get a little taste for myself.

While sightseeing, I stumbled accross an institute, apparently they were holding a "Bring your Dad to class" day. As fate would see it, I decided to sneak in and see how much more superior the schools were than the ones at home. At one point, I took a glance inside one classroom and I saw what I thought was a regular teacher and some students.

She was arguing with the students about, or so it looked like. After one of the students said something with a smartass look on his face, the teacher stood up, looked at him, dropped a very passive aggressive "lol" and left without turning on the timer for the kids' break to end.

She left abruptly, but as usual, I was intrigued and followed her..

Hey Evi, how is it going?

I am fine ty how are you pu open r2 player feli

Oh my you have done your research, as expected of the soon to be feli
Anyway I'm fine, thanks for asking
So Evi, can you tell me a bit about yourself? What do you like to do on your free time besides playing pokemon?

I'm a Canadian person who still studies in a post grad program in political science, and I help with teaching the younger people about all the wonderful stuff there is to learn and the dramatically awful career prospects. Prior to that, I helped people with physical or mental stepbacks with both learning regular school stuff or more social activities. That probably is where I get my oversensibility to issues. For fun, I like other games like most people here I think, especially if there's a fun universe to explore and stuff. I love history and philosophy, so reading is dope as a hobby still, and with summer upon us there's a lot of music and movies being available around there, which I always like since the city reallly comes alive in those times if you can look around for that

How did you end up teaching?

It comes with with the studies program, basically as a way to help us with what would be expected if we ever get tenure. Pay is nice too!

That's nice, and why did you decide to study that?

I didn't really know that much when I started university, in Québec we have cegep, which is basically between high school and college, where we get some "prep" for University. I quite liked the teacher for pollitics there, I knew I was a much better fit in social sciences, so I tried applying in political science and for the most part haven't really looked back

And what plans do you have for the future? What would you like to do with the preparation you are currently receiving?

That's the still unsure part lol, I guess teaching at uni is the goal but some parts of academia annoy to no end, like pretty much everyone tho. Otherwise, I still like social work a fair amount so might rebound there again idk, or just see if there's something to contribute in local politics

I see, pretty interesting, thanks for sharing
Mind telling me a bit about your background? Where do you come from? How was your childhood? And all of that

Honestly fairly boring, similar to what you heard in the previous interview lol. Only child, fairly middle class family, I lived in Montréal pretty much my entire life. Unlike the Canadian stereotype I was always godawful on skates so a lot of winter sports were like nope but I did enjoy skiing a lot younger. My education was extremely privileged, which is oddly enough both a boon cause heck you get a great education but on the other hand it's very easy to feel disconnected, which probably still happens to me

And when did your love for mons start?

Fairly young, like a lot of us I think it was just insanely popular around kids so hard to not fit that mold. I really loved gen 2, got my boy Typhlosion to Red like levels and my two next mons were like lvl 20 Togetic and Azumarill. It's also just easy to go back to mons every time there's a new gen too, unlike other franchises where the home consoles or constant pc updates can get a bit more prohibitive the older you get really. Will be interesting to see how it will work out now with swish on the switch though

Does that mean GS are your favorite games?

hmm... It would probably still be BW1, nostalgia is nice but a competent story is still better and the dex is honestly dope

I'm more of a DPP guy myself but to each their own
How did you end up finding about smogon?

overrated as frick

Uh, when younger I kinda looked around on the youtube and found that video of Marriland owning a bragging dude in DPP online, which was hilarious. I watched a few other battle vids but got bored quickly of watching Garchomp + Salamence every time like bop. I didn't super bother for a bit with online mons but with the features being more accessible in XY I started looking around again - after getting bopped by all those Mawiles on wifi... - and found a few popular youtubers like Shofu or Haydunn, which lead me to the one and only aim and I really liked the format and just how easy it is. I tried it a bit after and I still miss those days where I had absolutely no idea what I was doing but I didn't care because it was so easy to access and so much quicker and fun than stupid wifi

And how did you end up in the RU tier? Is there any specific reason you tried it?

I tried everything from OU to NU, but for some reason I felt completely at odd with the RU ladder ROFL so for some reason I tried persevering through, there was a lot of fun stuff around that time with broken Durant, Sharpedo and Mega Aboma around. All the activity in the tier though helped though, so much was happening - this was also the time they finally got to split the mega forms from base forms so lot of stuff was dropping fast - and RU definitely felt like something I kinda had to keep up with. Then I got over my shyness and started getting in the room, bopped Arifeen's specs spam with an Avalanche Piloswine in a room tour which was my shining moment.
Although to this day the RU ladder still baffles me.

Yeah back when you were the clefairy user
Speaking of clefairy, you also have a big involvement in PU, how did this happen?

oh back when they did a classic I signed up for BW PU because heck that sounded hilarious, and then I happened to win that tour lmao. I played LST and amberlamps in the finals, both users I became friendly with, also with a few other users around that time like pancake, Chrisloud, Akir, especially since I sort of had to learn the other metas for classic playoffs. Got picked for pupl where we both won with galbia's team, me on the bench and you being sacrificed in the untiers ROFL then I just stuck around really, was in it for the beginning of SM this time around and got some results, even made the finals of a seasonal but I just generally like the people too so

I see, I always rlly liked the PU community as well, been doing PUPL since PUPL 2 I think and overall rlly dig the ppl
And yea you were the best bench of the team and I was the best pawn, frick Adv PU tho
Back to our tier tho, what do you think about the current playerbase? What players catch your eye?

Imagine Sealeo being broken
I think if you actually try to get a ten players list for an official tour rn, you probably wouldn't have a lot of issues filling it... Which well hasn't always been the case for RU right. Even if you play in untours you tend to see the usual suspects perform more and more consistently, players like Averardo, Hurtadoo, Luthier, and lol roman especially, on top of other players who definitely should get another shot like Feliburn or Aldo. Then you add the surefire picks - your Ajna, Nat, 49 - and I think you can definitely argue that RU is at its highest in terms of the number of players with a good upside. As for newer players, it's a bit hard to say since this gen is almost over and we only really have one opportunity left before a significant drought, I think insydia looks promising if they keep interest in the tier. OU transfuges can generally do well here, and he plays a crapton of games and seems to really enjoy the tier which is already making them stand out.

Do you plan on trying for the upcoming Snake tour?

Sure, I think if somehow HJAD and me slip through the cracks for a managerial spot that would be hilarious but realistically I'd probably be more keen on playing lol

That'd be dope rofl
Thoughts on the current metagame?

It's... weird. Like I think we recovered decently from the shift of Doom, but realistically the meta always feels a bit lacking. It's not as matchup oriented as it was in the second half of the SPL season, but I can't look at any team without thinking it feels weird to me. Metagross gaining this spot in the meta probably doesn't help given that it's somehow completely wrecking the speed tiers progress we were making with Blastoise as the centralizing force and now almost all teams have completely wonky speed control that so heavily relies on priority. Also this meta has a weird spot were the best mons can completely suck in a game and it's like, you just have to accept it
Except Salazzle we both were right in like 2017 that this thing is busted

Preach, Feli never wrong about mons
With the upcoming SS games coming, do you see yourself staying in RU or would you prefer to pursue other tiers competitively?

Definitely hoping to stay in RU, although I think in that format and with more experience I probably have more to give in other tiers but I know this one best so hopefully that will happen

Interesting, seeing how you mentioned managing in Snake, and with your previous managing skills in the tier PLs, do you have plans to ever try to manage SPL for real?

I think if there's a chance that would work I probably wouldn't mind it down the line, but SPL is crazy, like, hella crazy, so it's not a short term goal rofl
Like there's absolutely no way I could watch a game from anyone on the team, nuh uh

I heard you have managed plenty of teams w/ Feliburn in them, thoughts on him as a pick?

spoilers I'm picking him in llpl 2
Also good player, works a lot and is definitely willing to try ideas which is always dope, especially if you're like me and you stress a lot about everyone's involvement and what it means

Was expecting meme reply about the felis but that is nice to read :blush:
How does being the mom of RU and PU feel?

Everyone knows the felis I don't have to pile on
Definitely old but even if it's a bit of a meme I'm not gonna say that people thinking you're someone to look up to in some capacity isn't pleasing in some ways.

Could you drop a team that better represents your style and explain your thought process behind it?

Team has a mega standard core with RegiPhanPod but I tried making it a touch frisky with the offensive output. Goodra is a fire breaker imo, since its coverage and speed are so good right now. I kinda got inspired by the Flynium Sigi set from NU - I think lax popularized it? - but tried approaching it in context with the RU metagame as a whole, z-move limits the power output of other moves but it gets some nice calcs on Knock Off and the nuke is pretty solid, just gotta be aware of the Diancie rise. Passimian is very solid to me, and generally fits my mold as a scarfer on top of the general utility brought by fighting types. Scarf Defiant is also really useful against webs under a lot of scenarios so something to really consider imo
It's not a perfect team but it does fit a lot of what I consider safe with a personal touch, although if you ask me how do I beat Linoone my reply is "the suspect test"

Isn't that how we all beat it
Also forgot to ask
What's the meaning behind the name EviGaro?

Ah yes. Like I said in the pu profile, it's part of my actual name, part of the name I would apply for. Which is which is entirely up to you

Ah I see
Is there anything else you'd like to say to the fans?

Reuniclus was balanced and I'll carry that to my grave / swish

ROFL preach
Thanks for your time Evi

np friend

=========================================================================================

Feel free to ask EviGaro any questions you want!

If you have any reccomendations I'll be more than happy to read them, just PM me!

Next time on FeliInterviews...

Last edited:

lighthouses

Inordinary
is a Tiering Contributor
thoughts on me changing my smogon username to reasonableist bear
whats your prep thought process on big team tours like spl, since i know you struggle as much as i do im a bit curious
least favorite people in the community(required answer)
do you think lighthouses is a good player i think that guy sucks despite the good looks
top 5 ru mons atm?

lovely interview feli; i really liked the format, questions and more natural conversational flow

questions for Evi:
1. Where are some places ud like to visit and travel to?
2. Do you have any guilty pleasures; Pokemon or otherwise?
3. Why is Gigalith the scientist?
<33333

Dang this series is so GOOD

As I've seen it, the process of 'breaking out' onto the tour scene (particularly in the case of SPL and what have you) is perhaps the most daunting one for players of lesser name recognition, and as an [assistant] manager myself I can concede that there have been good 'mainers' I was unwilling to hedge my bets on for various reasons. As a player who I would say gained wider attention through a successful SPL, what advice would you give to those aspiring to get drafted, and would you be able to identify any pitfalls that you might have encountered in a first "big" tour?

What Pokemon or sets of the current RU metagame would you consider to be overrated? Not to be misunderstood as bad, I would say personally that I feel Choice Scarf Noivern and (oops) Iapapa Donphan are perfectly usable sets that have been taken out of context and used on teams that absolutely don't require what they specifically bring to the table.

Springboarding off the Iapapa Donphan a bit, given how standardized the choice to use Iapapa > Figy Berry (which has the benefit of confusing a Pokemon w/-Atk natures when consumed, see most conventional Trick / Switcheroo users), do you figure that's simply a matter of poorly conceived precedent or is it an artistic choice? I'll recognize the application on Figy to be helpful but slim, and the aesthetic of Iapapa is surely better.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Did you really use the word transfuges?
iirc you have a relatively more active role when political discussions come up than others might even though they tend to be more about America, how seriously invested are you in those topics being not from this country?
Do you feel there was ever a point where Blastoise got broken?

Do you believe in unicorns? If the best players of PS weren’t called goats what animal would you call them? Can you pass me a RU team? What’s the most Canadian thing you do? Do you enjoy drinking milk bagged?

Last edited:
over the years what have been some of your fav team tournaments to play in?

recently (well depending on your definition of recently, we'll just say a year idk), you've had quite a number of successes in tours - finals of ru championships, 6-3 in spl, grand finals of the most recent ru seasonal, a good rupl this year and last year, maybe some other stuff i dont remember. what were some highlights throughout this tournaments if you had any, and how do you manage to keep consistency throughout your games?

who is that in your avi? i know you've mentioned it before and its some singer or something, google reverse search really did its job and gave me the result of "girl" so maybe you can provide with more insight

in a similar vein, what music do you generally tend to listen to? same with tv shows, movies etc

EviGaro

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
RU Leader
If you were one of the Androids from Dragonball Z, which would you be? (there's only one right answer).
18 obviously, although if there's one luckier in bw uu lemme know

thoughts on me changing my smogon username to reasonableist bear
whats your prep thought process on big team tours like spl, since i know you struggle as much as i do im a bit curious
least favorite people in the community(required answer)
do you think lighthouses is a good player i think that guy sucks despite the good looks
top 5 ru mons atm?
- yes
- That's a bit difficult considering I only have one and it was somewhat awkward at times, ie no clearcut support in RU so had to go around with talking to people and we were out fairly early so hm. In general though I try to communicate the ideas as much as possible and establish a specific idea early on, and if that doesn't work well just throw some random breakers in ig
- Honestly people who can't grow up beyond juvenile insults tend to fall out of favour pretty quickly
- yes, you're wrong on the first part dk on the second never actually saw him
- Salazzle, Golisopod, Noivern, Metagross, Blastoise. I think

lovely interview feli; i really liked the format, questions and more natural conversational flow

questions for Evi:
1. Where are some places ud like to visit and travel to?
2. Do you have any guilty pleasures; Pokemon or otherwise?
3. Why is Gigalith the scientist?
<33333
- Oh I love big cities, so a lot of them really. I hate warm and humid weather though so that could be unfortunate for some places. I play mons so Japan would be cute. I'm a history nerd so Greece and Turkey too. I've never been to Italy despite my heritage so probably there too although I lowkey boycott them for being politically dumb
- ... I like fanfiction sometimes
- Because it created a panacea and broke the pharmaceutical companies' stranglehold on our lives. I think.

Dang this series is so GOOD

As I've seen it, the process of 'breaking out' onto the tour scene (particularly in the case of SPL and what have you) is perhaps the most daunting one for players of lesser name recognition, and as an [assistant] manager myself I can concede that there have been good 'mainers' I was unwilling to hedge my bets on for various reasons. As a player who I would say gained wider attention through a successful SPL, what advice would you give to those aspiring to get drafted, and would you be able to identify any pitfalls that you might have encountered in a first "big" tour?

What Pokemon or sets of the current RU metagame would you consider to be overrated? Not to be misunderstood as bad, I would say personally that I feel Choice Scarf Noivern and (oops) Iapapa Donphan are perfectly usable sets that have been taken out of context and used on teams that absolutely don't require what they specifically bring to the table.

Springboarding off the Iapapa Donphan a bit, given how standardized the choice to use Iapapa > Figy Berry (which has the benefit of confusing a Pokemon w/-Atk natures when consumed, see most conventional Trick / Switcheroo users), do you figure that's simply a matter of poorly conceived precedent or is it an artistic choice? I'll recognize the application on Figy to be helpful but slim, and the aesthetic of Iapapa is surely better.
- I've said it before, but one thing that struck me as a mainer with no real concrete pairing, is that you're probably expected to "know" what you're doing yet it's also a first chance so you're in completely new grounds, which can be a really odd dichotomy. If you're picked though, chances are that you're valued anyway, so just push for feedback, show willingness to listen and debate really, what you know is nice but you'll learn a lot more by engaging with others. It's hard to say about pitfalls, I definitely think I learned from some games and being able to talk them out, which is nice, and I blew one prep but it really didn't matter - although fun fact, NEVER act like it doesn't because my god you'll get blasted and rightly so - but I don't think my experience had any major issues, albeing hitting the ground running really helped there.
- Sitrus Pod went from being a cool tool in the arsenal for specific reasons to the main set in a hurry, and I don't think it's that good at all. Damage output is really just not there at times and the whole not staying in on rocks damage can get really bad. Definitely a worthy set for some reasons sure but it doesn't have to be on every team. I think Virizion is really good but much too manageable currently, although it has dropped a fair amount so not entirely sure it applies as much nowadays. Scarf Metagross is booty
- Admittedly, it's purely that one because I love saying Papa Donphan and Papa Drag. However, it doesn't strike me as particularly burdensome. You're rarely ever switching in a Donphan on Garde / Noivern as it is, not to mention that confusion is an infinitely small price to pay when you're already giving them a good item regardless. Oh and I also generally view trick as bad and if I wanted the hard stunt I'd go to the z-move user. Idk there's probably merit to avoid that but it's such an unlikely scenario, me being able to say Papa Donphan is infinitely more likely

Did you really use the word transfuges?
iirc you have a relatively more active role when political discussions come up than others might even though they tend to be more about America, how seriously invested are you in those topics being not from this country?
Do you feel there was ever a point where Blastoise got broken?
- I did, but that's because French so I may not have the right meaning? Idk it's fairly common in that language
- A lot less probably. I study International Relations mostly, so the influence of the US both on the world and on academia in that respect is almost impossible to ignore and it shapes almost the entirety of it, add that I'm Canadian and well it's hard to avoid both the international implications and the local issues because they sort of bleed on our own, even though it's on technically "settled" matters (see, gun laws, abortion). It's hard to be invested in, say, mechanisms of governance of the EU unless you want to work on trade relations there or something. In general I tend to be involved in topics of "fairness" or... sigh... social justice because I do happen in some ways to care about improving society for everyone, and the rejection of those principles tend to be so kneejerky and just bad that I can't really help myself a lot of the time.
- When it dropped? Prolly. RU never had a mega like that for long, even MegaLix couldn't stay RU in ORAS, so the suddenness of it alongside a meta that really wasn't pivoting around it made it look even better than it is. I do think it settled in after a little while though, and hasn't been anywhere near broken for almost what a year now

Do you believe in unicorns? If the best players of PS weren’t called goats what animal would you call them? Can you pass me a RU team? What’s the most Canadian thing you do? Do you enjoy drinking milk bagged?
- I wish I was Brie Larson, but no
- snakes
- There's one in the interview what the frick
- uh, interesting one, cause my definition of "Canadian" is very influenced by my French Canadian identity and not at all what you would see otherwise. Like I don't consider poutine Canadian, for example lol. Uh, I guess I like hockey too much? Kinda?
- I only drink almond milk now and that doesn't come in bag, so no hard feelings either way

Thoughts on being a part of the best OMPL team in history?
:psysly:

over the years what have been some of your fav team tournaments to play in?

recently (well depending on your definition of recently, we'll just say a year idk), you've had quite a number of successes in tours - finals of ru championships, 6-3 in spl, grand finals of the most recent ru seasonal, a good rupl this year and last year, maybe some other stuff i dont remember. what were some highlights throughout this tournaments if you had any, and how do you manage to keep consistency throughout your games?

who is that in your avi? i know you've mentioned it before and its some singer or something, google reverse search really did its job and gave me the result of "girl" so maybe you can provide with more insight

in a similar vein, what music do you generally tend to listen to? same with tv shows, movies etc
- First rupl I played in with Ajna's first Mudsdale team was a trip, my first year managing the Mismagius too, the Sharks in SPL of course. Last year's Battle Girls was amazing too
- Yeah honestly definitely the Sawsbuck game, I still can't believe I actually loaded that up in a deciding game and it ended up working exactly like intended by passion, and probably even more. Last year's rupl finals game was cool too, my first SPL game, the one against Ajna...
- Natasha Khan, aka Bat for Lashes, great artist omfg
- oh boy here we go:
music: a lot of different things, but my favourite band all time is The Gathering, albeit only really their run from Mandylion to Home because Anneke van Giersbergen is my idol and the greatest singer. Other bands I like all time are like Anathema, Emperor, Arcade Fire (I'm from Montréal lol.)... that's probably my top four. I love a lot of solo artists like obviously Bat for Lashes, Lorde OFC, Regina Spektor, Florence + the Machine, Marina, St.Vincent, Laura Marling... a lot more poppy when I tend to like more prog or indie bands. Or kitsch 80s. Basically I like a lot of stuff tbh
tv shows: oh easier. The West Wing is an all time classic for me, just the best possible political show for such a long time. Jessica Jones, especially season one cause that's my favourite season of any show ever. I liked the first four seasons of Game of Thrones a lot more than the rest and I'm still mad One day at a time was cancelled.
- movies: I have two favourite movies, Ringu which to me is the perfect horror movie in all aspects and Love Exposure, which is by far the best experience I've ever had watching a movie in theater. So... I kinda like japanese movies a lot lol? I like the culture, how it bleeds through the screen and how willing it is to go out there. I like a lot of Korean films and Chinese films too though, the exposure they had in the past few decades really made for so many interesting films. Buuuut I still like my blockbuster western films so go Marvel, go Star Wars and holy frick I'm sucked in the Disney vortex send hep

who on smogon do you hate the most? who’s the biggest fake nice user on the site?

are you a nuzlocker, an ru elite, or a commoner?

do you think beliburn has the chops to participate in the prestigious smogon snake draft?
- Honestly it's a bit of a dodge but go to cong, pick a few posters and they'd probably make the list. Fake nice is so hard to see dude I'm like not that perceptive.
... Actually might be me ROFL
- I feel targeted when people are critical of the ru elite so I probably subconsciously act like I made it
- hell yeah dude

Last edited:

phantom

Banned deucer.
what are your thoughts on limited pool of mons, no z move, and no megas in gen 8? do you think the power creep scaling down would be a net positive for ru?

what do you think of game freak’s new policy of switching up the pool of available mons each game? do you think this could potentially kill smogon’s competitive formats if they have to click the reset button every year?

also, why is tiffany the most fascinating trump??

nice to see how far you’ve come over the years! went from room regular, to great contributor, to respected tour player. I think you set a great example for a lot of newer players in the tier

EviGaro

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
RU Leader
what are your thoughts on limited pool of mons, no z move, and no megas in gen 8? do you think the power creep scaling down would be a net positive for ru?

what do you think of game freak’s new policy of switching up the pool of available mons each game? do you think this could potentially kill smogon’s competitive formats if they have to click the reset button every year?

also, why is tiffany the most fascinating trump??

nice to see how far you’ve come over the years! went from room regular, to great contributor, to respected tour player. I think you set a great example for a lot of newer players in the tier
- I don't really care at the moment about megas or z-moves, largely because yeah it's nothing that hasn't really been THAT impactful for the tier in the case of megas throughout the time I played it - and my second is pu so lol - and z-moves were generally a net negative for my taste, forcing so many mons to be deemed broken because of the option we couldn't remove. I'm not entirely upset with the power creep likely scaling down either, but idk if there's any way it could objectively go one way or the other. On one hand you'll probably see mons you didn't expect in RU, like say a Magmortar or something, which kinda sounds about as intriguing as us getting Celebi or Togekiss.

oh wait, there's a net positive: no z-move but creep scaling down probably makes Venomoth still broken.

- hm, I don't hate it honestly, especially if they bring back old mons they dropped in say gen 8. I don't really think the impact would be that problematic, mechs wise we always reset to an extent and it's likely we'd have some sort of continuity in some ways, like I don't think Tyranitar would be removed that easily anyway.

- People want to forget about the Trumps but the Trumps want to forget about Tiffany, which automatically makes her interesting. Plus that I'm stuck with seeing them constantly but can still go who is that when she is in a picture with those very balanced individuals makes it even more fascinating

- :psyglad:

Cats or dogs?
What Pokemon would you hope to see in RU come Gen8?
If you could pick any Pokemon to get a Galar form what would it be and what would it change too?
What do you dislike most about RU rn?

I am a very new player to RU, though even IDK how I got reqs in one suspect test.... How would you suggest I start properly getting into the tier.. I am also very new to 6v6....

What are your hobbies?

If Smogon goes outta existence tomorrow, what's the one thing you'll miss about it?

EviGaro

RU Leader
Cats or dogs?
What Pokemon would you hope to see in RU come Gen8?
If you could pick any Pokemon to get a Galar form what would it be and what would it change too?
What do you dislike most about RU rn?
- easily cats, have my second atm. I'm coming around to dogs a bit but I hated them for years and I can't see myself having one
- CROBAT JESUS CHRIST UU CAN YOU LI-
- Golisopod, but I would just change the ability to Emergency Brexit and have it never work
- No tier shift last time and likely not this one is just stupid. It makes the usage part of tiering very irrelevant - which is... terrible - and makes the tier look extremely stale when it's not really but there's barely any point to actually think about things. At least we suspected a few things in the meantime and got Sceptile back but idk how we'll be able to deal with it happening again. It just sucks.

I am a very new player to RU, though even IDK how I got reqs in one suspect test.... How would you suggest I start properly getting into the tier.. I am also very new to 6v6....

What are your hobbies?

If Smogon goes outta existence tomorrow, what's the one thing you'll miss about it?
- Honestly hard to say. The way I got into it was by continually talking but more importantly forming some friendships early, I think I roughly started at the same time as TheWall and eifo so we kinda just talked and grew a bit together in the tier. Then it's easier to branch out I suppose. Getting into the tier proper... idk I did that very alone and I barely ever looked at the stuff available on forums whoops
- Mostly answered this, but I love movies, music, art in general, and reading, especially nonfiction. I tend to overthink everything so I can do a dissertation on a lot of things at some point lol
- Community I grew to bond with, easily.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)