Project Player Interview #15: Moutemoute

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader

As a wise man once said...
YOINK
Welcome to UU's Player Interview Project, where you'll be able to discover or re-discover some well known players of the UU community. Those people may be known for their high-skilled level or their achievements on the strategic scene, or thanks to their dedication into the tier or its community. This time, I've stolen the limelight to interview our very own usual host, Moutemoute!

Hiya Moute! How are you doing today?

Hey Lilburr I'm doing great, just chilling in quarantine. Thanks for being on the other side of the interview today !

No problem at all & I'm glad to hear it :3
So to start off, can you tell us a little bit about yourself & your background?

Hey sure ! My name is Paul, I'm a 23 yo french student who's doing some studies in educational sciences. I'm a big Pokemon fan since almost 15 years now. On the other hand, I'm a fan of franchise such as Animal Crossing and Monster Hunter. I tend to be the kind of player who doesn't play a lot of different video games but spend hundreds of hours on the few games I have. Otherwise I like to exercise when I'm not lazy but also party a lot with my friends (RIP covid).

Covid sucks, I can definitely relate to that last part ;-;
15 years is a long time! How did you get into Pokemon in the first place?

When I was pretty young (like 5-6 yo) I watched a cousin play Pokemon Silver on his Game Boy Color. It was the first time I saw someone play Pokemon and not gonna lie I was amazed by this game, it looked nothing I've seen before and I decided like 2 years later to buy with all my savings a Game Boy Advance SP with Pokemon Leaf Green and that's how my Pokemon journey began !

No judgment, which starter did you pick?

Hmmm.. if I remember well.. the first time I played, I picked Bulbasaur !

Nvm I'm judging
ANYWAY
A little bit of a timeskip from young trainer Moute, but how did you get into UU?

Well after playing Leaf Green, Emerald, Diamond.. I had a break during the 5th generation because I really hate the whole gen and the design of the games (don't like this weird 3D). When Pokemon XY were announced, I followed some french YouTubers who were playing the games. I was really interesteed in it and that's how I discovered some things I didn't know such as EVs, IVs etc..When ORAS were announced, I couldn't resist and I bought a 3DS and Alpha Sapphire and I began to play on it. I also signed up on a french forum to do some trades, do some breeding etc.. and then I discovered Pokemon Showdown and Smogon and I made an account. As I recall, I always played in UU because my favorite Mega-Evolution which is Mega-Ampharos was Underused at that moment..!

Definitely a choice I respect, Mega Ampharos is sooo cute @~@
So then, what do you think of UU in its current state? It's definitely chaotic, how do you feel about that?

It’s a breath of fresh air for sure and I enjoyed all the new additions we got so far even tho it's obvious that there is some OP and unhealthy shits out there. I'm definitively enjoying this new metagame more than the one we had before shifts.

That's fair, but let's see... if you could ban any three Pokemon rn, which would you choose?

Blacephalon & Dracozolt are obvious picks, they're both disgusting af and they put way too much pressure on the teambuilding ! For the last I would say Hawlucha mainly because it's in my opinion a too good "low risk & high reward" Pokemon but there is other Pokemon that I would gladly ban..!

Good choices, those three really have to go imo
Let's move on to some IRL stuff, if you don't mind - what are your hobbies? You've mentioned exercising, partying, and other video games. Do you do anything else for fun?

I sometimes watch series or animes and I read some manga scans almost every week (mostly OP and SNK every month). Apart from that, I’m pretty homey tbh even tho I love having a beer on the terrace with friends (once again RIP covid..).

Sounds fun :>
You reminded me of anime OSTs when you said that so now I feel compelled to ask, what kind of music do you like?

Honestly, I'm listening almost everything from Rap to Hard Rock/Metal. I also really like Electro House and I'm a huge fan of rave party with Trance Music or Psychedelic pop !

That's a cool variety. What's your favourite song?

I would say "Borderline" from Tame Impala.. I really like the whole feeling which emerges from the music, a strange nostalgia.. Especially in the late night.. it's a real masterpiece imo.

Never heard it but I'll be sure to give it a listen after this interview! Just a few more questions now. Where does your name come from? I'm sure plenty of readers have been wondering this for a long time.

It's pretty simple tbh. When I was a bit younger I let my hair grow quite a lot and since they are curled, it looked like the fleece of a sheep. In french a sheep is "un mouton" so I basically used this for my name "Moutemoute". By the way I also know that some people kinda struggle with the pronunciation of it.. so for english speakers, the pronunciation is "Moot-Moot".

OMG I knew it meant like "sheep sheep" but I never knew the story that's so cute AAAA

And that's also why I tend to really like fluffy Pokemon like Mareep, Mega-Ampharos, Whimsicott etc..

I agree fluffy mons are so good
Okay, let's wrap this up with you showing us a team you've built recently!

Heres a Veil Offense I made like a week ago. Veil Offense are kinda autopilot teams so it's always nice to have one on your builder when you just want to chill on the ladder without thinking too much. Ninetales-A is obviously the Veil setter. I opted for Hail to set with more ease the Aurora Veil vs Hippowdon, Politoed and Torkoal and Hypnosis to shut down a opponent Pokemon. Then you have 4 setup sweepers with BD Azumarill, Autotomize + Meteor Beam Celesteela, Double Dancer Moltres-G and Mixed Clangerous Soul Kommo-o. Since I needed a check to Bolt Beak, I just slapped a Lightning Rod Marowak-A in the team and it works quite well most of the time. It's definitively not the greatest team I made but I have a lot of fun with it !

Looks very dangerous, thanks for sharing. Can't wait to beat up some goons on the ladder with it.
Before we end off, is there anything else you'd like to say or anyone you'd like to shout out?

Well yeah I'd like to make a shoutout to some of my french friends like basaninho, Hurtadoo, Brumirage but also Bouki which is the first friend I made online with Pokemon ! Obviously want to shoutout the whole UU community which is a great and living community with new heads every month. Last but not least, a big shoutout to the whole French Translation Project that I'm co-leading alongside Dlanyer ! And thanks to you Lilburr for taking the time to do this interview ! :]

Any time :3

Be sure to ask Moutemoute any questions you want!

Katy

Banned deucer.
Hey Moutemoute,

nice Veil-Team you have right there, I'm definitely a sucker for Hyper Offensive structures so thank you for sharing this team :)

So onto my Questions:

1. When the metagame settles, which Pokemon you think, could become too much for the metagame to handle? I mean we have the obvious brokens, which definitely need to be looked at asap, but what Pokemon could become problematic in your eyes (ignoring the upcoming 15th November shift tho).

2. What Pokemon you would like to have been more viable? And with that I mean the list made by Lilburr and other great UU players the very last rank, UU but not viable. What Pokemon you wish for would be viable?

3. What is your favorite Food if you have any?

4. Which other goals you would like to achieve in IRL other than finishing university?

5. last but not least: What you look for in the Year 2021? Is there any goal you could achieve there you look most forward too?

Moutemoute

Error 404
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
What other pokemon would you want to ban?
Aegislash may become too much. Same thing for Diggersby or Weavile.

Do you still hate globro and would you still ban it ??

Moutemoute the SHEEP

Moute:

Who’s your favorite SNK character and why?

What’s your dream job?

What UU contribution or Smogon contribution are you most proud of? I personally appreciate your speed tier list a lot.

What competitive Pokémon achievement are you most proud of?

What question would you like to be asked?
• After reading the scans, I would say Eren Jaeger because he's a fucking mastermind.
• Probably testing junk foods and being paid for it
• Yeah I agree I would say both Speedlist and Role Compendium are useful resources. Since I'm hosting speedlist since almost 2.5 years I would say that it's my best contribution to the forum.
• For now I'd say my top 8 in the Smogon Grand Slam IX.. but come back in about one week and it may be the SSD trophy..
• I don't really know tbh, I let you guys find good ideas !
What is the percentage in which you wish to ban the clown
Around 100%.
Hey Moutemoute,

nice Veil-Team you have right there, I'm definitely a sucker for Hyper Offensive structures so thank you for sharing this team :)

So onto my Questions:

1. When the metagame settles, which Pokemon you think, could become too much for the metagame to handle? I mean we have the obvious brokens, which definitely need to be looked at asap, but what Pokemon could become problematic in your eyes (ignoring the upcoming 15th November shift tho).

2. What Pokemon you would like to have been more viable? And with that I mean the list made by Lilburr and other great UU players the very last rank, UU but not viable. What Pokemon you wish for would be viable?

3. What is your favorite Food if you have any?

4. Which other goals you would like to achieve in IRL other than finishing university?

5. last but not least: What you look for in the Year 2021? Is there any goal you could achieve there you look most forward too?
1. I think things like Conkeldurr may become too good especially since Buzzwole may rise because it's checking things such as Kyurem-B or Urshifu-S.

2. I think it's a bit harsh for Aerodactyl to be considered not viable even tho he's the fastest Stealth Rock lead we have in the tier which imo grants it a niche. On the other hand, Noivern being great tier is imo really wrong especially with things such as Slowking-G only in good tier.

3. I'm a big fan of junk foods and fast foods (and I don't gain weight by eating them so I abuse of this ngl). Love Buckets of Tenders at KFC or eating a burger in Five Guys / Burge King.

4. I can't wait to found a family and to be a dad ! I also would love to do a roadtrip with friends in Asia (Thailand, Japan etc..).

5. I want the nightclubs in France to reopen ! :psycry: Getting an apartment..and I guess validate my Licence 3 would be nice !

You wanna co-pen an article on why slowbro-galar is stupid and should be sent to a foreign hell so indescribable that even dante's inferno would look meager?

What is your favourite non-French food item/meal?

What is something that you both are really excited but scared to do or try?

Do you prefer to plan things way in advance or go with the flow and take things as they come?

Are there any changes to any of the mechanics of competitive Pokemon that you'd like to see?

Moutemoute

Error 404
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
You wanna co-pen an article on why slowbro-galar is stupid and should be sent to a foreign hell so indescribable that even dante's inferno would look meager?
Don't have the time and I'm probably too bad in english and too lazy to co-write an article :psycry: Also I have some work with the French Translations Hub. But go for it, I'll gladly read it !
What is your favourite non-French food item/meal?

What is something that you both are really excited but scared to do or try?

Do you prefer to plan things way in advance or go with the flow and take things as they come?

Are there any changes to any of the mechanics of competitive Pokemon that you'd like to see?
• It's super tough to be honest because I'm enjoying a lot of meal..The most easy thing would be to ask per country since I love a ton of things <o<

• I really like that question.. unfortunately I can't say skydiving since I already did it and it was freaking amazing. I would love to do it once again but it cost a lot.. can't really say either doing some tattoo..So I would say give up everything and go in a country with nothing and try to live my life like that.. Would love to do it but I also know that I'll probably never do it because I'm enjoying too much my comfort.

• It really depends. For some things I really like to plan everything because I tend to hate unforeseen circumstances but on the other hand since I'm really lazy, it often happens that I'm doing nothing before like an exam and I trust my abilities (doesn't work all the time for sure lmao).

• Yeah I would love to see a special Intimidate / burn, the comeback of Mega-Evolutions but also a physical Psyshock / Secret Sword / Psystrike !

1) Hydreigon > Latias. True or false

2) Most surprising drop from OU into UU

3) When are suspect tests going to start to happen

4) If there was any pokemon you would want to get reworked stat wise, movepool wise, design wise which one would it be.

Moutemoute

Error 404
1) Hydreigon > Latias. True or false

2) Most surprising drop from OU into UU

3) When are suspect tests going to start to happen

4) If there was any pokemon you would want to get reworked stat wise, movepool wise, design wise which one would it be.
1) False because Latias is a girl and I'm a simp.

2) Tapu Lele.
3) I don't know I'm not TL :psygrump:

4) Mega-Ampharos for sure. Game Freak made it slower wtf...I would go -10 atk instead of -10 speed and go +20 speed instead of +20 atk.. would give 90/65/105/165/110/75.

1605622856406.png

And I also would give it Tailglow because its tail is super bright.. Fuck that.. even the Pokedex says it in almost every game since GSC :

1605623237985.png

how do you like you steak
yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)