Pixelationaire's Pixelations

pisxel

when my star shines, will you think of me? ☆
Hihi update bout to work on a request after working on other stuff and made these*.

Gigi Goode's Balls to the Wall Look from Season 12 (edited down)
1598487323298.png

Mecha Cop Brycen + Resized Magnezone*
1598487558529.png

Enjoy

pisxel

Current WIP Sprite
1598825614941.png

Having trouble with some finishing touches on the arms / legs that I just cant get right. After I sleep I'm gonna come back to this.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

pisxel

Working on two different sprites right now :psycry:. Figured I'd show the WIP sprite for a certain epic gamer here :^]
[EDIT -> Final Version]

80x80:

240x240:

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I offer my best greetings,

I just wanted to welcome the opportunity to swing by and compliment you on your amazing pixel art.
Looking at all of the sprites that people in Smeargle's Laptop can come up with sort of makes me want to give it a try as well.
Did you teach yourself? Did you follow any online guides? I'm genuinely curious.

Pixel art is a lot more complex than people might think.
For drawn art, be it classic style or digital style, you'd have to get closer to appreciate the details.
For pixels however, it's best to take a step back to fully absorb the bigger picture.
Both art styles hence have a valid raison d'être in their own right.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your creations in a foreseeable future!

pisxel

I offer my best greetings,

I just wanted to welcome the opportunity to swing by and compliment you on your amazing pixel art.
Looking at all of the sprites that people in Smeargle's Laptop can come up with sort of makes me want to give it a try as well.
Did you teach yourself? Did you follow any online guides? I'm genuinely curious.

Pixel art is a lot more complex than people might think.
For drawn art, be it classic style or digital style, you'd have to get closer to appreciate the details.
For pixels however, it's best to take a step back to fully absorb the bigger picture.
Both art styles hence have a valid raison d'être in their own right.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your creations in a foreseeable future!
"I just wanted to welcome the opportunity to swing by and compliment you on your amazing pixel art."
- Thank you!

"Did you teach yourself? Did you follow any online guides? I'm genuinely curious."
- I saw that some of my online friends and gave it a shot and started with some basic sprites, like just Trainer sprites but with a Pokemon next to it with some recolors and quickly moved onto more complicated edits and such.

"..Makes me want to give it a try as well."
- Good luck! Here are some suggestions: piskelapp.com is the site I've been using since I started, it has everything you need. Make sure to mess around with the tools to see what each one does! -Try not to resize sprites and just leave as-is, especially from 96x96 (BW Pokemon dimensions) to 80x80. If you're going to resize, make sure to fix it a bit so it doesn't look messy (for a lack of a better term).
Here's an example of what I mean by resizing and fixing || Left is original. Top right is resized and adjusted, bottom right is simply resized.

"..Both art styles hence have a valid raison d'être in their own right."
- Yes! Though I had to google what "raison d'être" was

Thank you again! Enjoy your day / night

pisxel

Hi all, I haven't been working on a lot of pixel art recently but I randomly got inspired to do something so here you go ~
The Love You Like A Love Song dancer from Just Dance (with some of my own edits (^:) + a matching Rapidash ~

Enjoy <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)