PG's Bucket of Many Random Things

Hi, I'm PG (as most Showdown users recognize me, anyway), also known as Zoramine Fae on pretty much any other form of social media-type site nowadays. I'm primarily a GBA Fire Emblem-art maker, originally focused on maps for over a year and a half, then shifted towards sprites in a variety of different styles (although, most of the time portraits are in the style of GBAFE... but larger.)

Most of the time I post my stuff to Fire Emblem Universe, since that was the community I produced art in for the three years that I basically didn't play Pokemon... but it'd be a shame to not shamelessly share my stuff over the past while here, since some folks who know me well probably don't know what I've been up to.

Beruka.png

Cath Cavalier.png
Unnamed Archer.png
Vesper.png
Unnamed Red Knight.png

Milpy.gif
Voidashe.png

River Intersection 2.png

River Intersection.png

Waterfall Test.png

Savannah Temple.png

Lance.gif
Sword.gif
Sword.gif

(side note about this last set: the middle was originally an idea by user Teelvade on FEU that I pushed to its absolute limit, and the latter most was a previously very choppy animation by Intestine, IS, Maiser6, TBA, and The_Big_Dededester that I worked on improving.)

The Twitter where I post terrible memes and retweet vtuber things
The FE Universe Thread where I've recorded everything I've done the last 3+ years

Last edited:
image-13.png (30).png

DS Trainer-style sprite of my OC, Zoramine Fae, and the same namesake I go by everywhere. Never done a style at this scale/type before, so this was an experience today. If I ever get lucky enough to have my own sprite on Showdown, you bet your ass this is what I'd go with.

...also apparently I forgot to put her in the first post??? whups

Zoramine Fullbody-17.png (5)-1.png-1.png (2).png

Here she is with her GBA-style portrait. She's the face of my presence in the FE modding community, and is my current desktop & Showdown wallpaper when I did pixel art of her in the style of VA-11 Hall-a's art, then put her on a static background like she's a customer in said game.

Zoramine's also both the oldest character I have (I wrote a short story about her back in middle school) and also the character I've done the most total revisions on, with at least five or six separate times I've scrapped older concepts or taken only ideas from older versions to add to the new. This current one's stuck around for a while, though.

draft 1.png

example map.png

Two finished maps from a bit over a week ago. Latter one was to demonstrate how I'd fix someone's map, who seemed a bit new-ish. Was a bit rushed for it.

MercM-2.png-1.png_2_2 (1).gif
MercM-2.png-1.png (2)-2.png (1)-1.png (1) (1).gif

Finished animations for the lil axe fighter guy from a week ago. He's insertable into ROMs and everything, meaning he'll be ready for public release whenever I decide to do that.

Gun.gif

And my next animation I just finished around 5 minutes ago, viewable here if you want to see it in action, since MP4s can't embed.

Last edited:
image-1.png - 2023-04-03T002859.483.png

A cute new Armory and Vendor shopkeeper (top, bottom is vanilla for comparison.) Since what I'm working on does not use any of the yellow-y tones that base Fire Emblem used for the GBA titles, I have no reason to keep to it, and I also enjoy having warmer and more saturated colors overall.

image-10.png (39).png

...and I wound up making a halfbody for the vendor girl whoops guess i got trigger happy. she needs a bit more work but hey, the player will only see the top 80 pixels (barely below the shoulders) so.

Unpromoted.png

A custom lil class card (used for generic enemies based on class) for a Mage.

Sword.gif
Moving.gif

And hey, the finished product for the Maid I was working on for two weeks straight out of frustration. It's an edit to someone else's animation - Twitter user @ Nuramon, but I've also worked with his stuff before and he's a friend.

Also, a fun behind the scenes thing: GBA Mapping is a nightmare if you're in need of custom tiles, since the way they're stored in the limited space of a GBA cartridge sucks.
rivers.png

If you can understand this image, congratulations, you're smarter than 50% of Fire Emblem Universe's members.
Well, the big problem is palette limitations; lots of tilesets are made significantly worse by only having 16 colors (15 + transparent) across 5 palettes used for non-Fog and 5 palettes for Fog.
1680848178727.png

Take the Village tileset, for instance: The Cliffs and the trim of the Ship share a palette. If you want to use the cliffs and have them look proper, with brown dirt and green/orange grass based on the time of day, you need to sacrifice using the ship as many pieces will be discolored. Same goes for the reverse.

Sunrise Tiles.png

People like me (also called degenerates) waste several hours out of our lives specifically to break the rules, fixing the problems a tileset might innately have in order to use the ship AND cliffs!

Is it worth it? no lol this took me an hour and a half that I could have spent doing literally anything else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)