Resource Pet Mods Workshop

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
time for another zxg crackpot mod idea

:meowth-alola:Black Market :meowth-alola:
(NatDex based + Fakemon)
Premise: Players each have 3 fakemon they can customize the types, abilities, stats, and moves of using points during a shopping phase. Players must progress through a tournament in order to upgrade their fakemon.

Starting Phase (3 days)
  • Each player that signs up will start off with some number of points and 3 starter fakemon, which is a fakemon with 75 stats across the board, a couple STAB and universal moves, and two abilities that slightly boost offenses and defenses.
    • You may also choose its sole typing, which determines which moves it will get for free.
  • When a player wants to sign up, they must provide their DH name (I will use this to verify wins) and which 3 types they would like to start with.​
  • Using their initial amount of points, players may also purchase additional types, abilities, stats and moves for their fakemon.​
  • Players may not sell their attributes in the starting phase​

---

Battling Phase (1 week, decreases as time goes on)
  • A tournament bracket is created and battles begin.
  • Players must use all their fakemon in each battle.
  • Winners gain more points and losers are eliminated (or moved to loser's bracket if double elim)
Shopping Phase (3 days)
  • Players can buy adjustments to their fakemon, just like the starting phase
  • New adjustments may also be available, as well as some price changes announced (types, stats, and certain moves/abils will always be in rotation)
    • Better moves and abilities will be worth more
    • As your stats and BST increase, the price of increasing your stats increases with it
  • Players can also sell certain features away (no selling sole typings, abilities, moves, etc.)
    • If you sell something, it will not be worth the same price you bought it for
  • All transactions (starting and mid-round) will be done privately. You may DM me on Discord or Smogon.
And this cycle repeats until a champion is determined.

---

Questions:
  • i think im good

Last edited:
So I created a team for custom games with an intended set of rules, and realized that it might make for an interesting, albeit niche pet/solo mod. Here they are.
1. Teams are 12 versus 12.
2. Both teams can only contain 1 legendary and 1 mythical. Ultra beasts count as legendaries. This is to avoid uncreative legendary spam.
3. Pokemon have a 5th move slot. Each pokemon can have 1 move they do not normally learn and 4 natural moves (Or just 5 natural moves)
4. 2 pokemon may have abilities they do not normally get.
5. Assume natdex ubers roster. Megas are allowed.
6. Standard bans apply (baton pass, sleep clause, species clause, no shadow tag, and no zacian crowned or mega ray).

What do you think? I think it could make for an interesting format where it is encouraged to think carefully before you make a move, because you have several options before you when fighting. The restrictions on legendaries and custom abilities exist to keep some consistency, while also preventing people from spamming legendaries that would overcentralize the format. It encourages you to pick carefully and think about your team. Are there too many of one type? Is a certain type not present? Do you have coverage for this type? Are there too many physical/special attackers? You gotta think before you make your team, and think before you take your turn. If you have any ideas, suggestions, or other concerns, let me know! I also need name ideas. It doesn't have one yet.

No actual name yet, but I brainstormed something like National Dex on Steroids:
-Not only all Pokemon, but all forms(as in even stuff like Cosplay Pikachu and the unreleased Eternal Flower Floette)
-All hold items, even ones that are unavailable in later gens(like Berserk Gene and the non-Normal Gems, including the unreleased Fairy Gem) Felt is made sense since normal National Dex technically did that partially by bringing back Mega Stones and Z-Crystals so that Megas and Z-moves were available.
-A Pokemon can choose any of the abilities they ever had, even if they were never officially released before being changed(Shadow Tag is banned obviously so no Chandelure fun, but still like Lightning Rod Zapdos, Water Absorb Suicune, Levitate Gengar, ect.)
-All Pokemon have access to every move they or their pre-evolutions could ever learn, and can be used with any of the abilities they ever had and used with moves that they are normally incompatible with(1HKO moves would obviously be banned so no No Guard + Fissure Machamp, but you could have stuff like Solid Rock + Pursuit Rhyperior and Wish + Teleport Chansey). This will also include Egg moves a Pokemon has had in the past but never had a legal parent for(like Head Smash Nosepass in HGSS and all of the Gold/Silver Staryu Egg moves) and even event moves from all gens, so things like Rapid Spin Golem and Growth Eeveelutions(including Glaceon, Leafeon, and Sylveon)

[Gen 3] Inverse Split
Alright, so my idea is basically to take the physical and special split in gen3 and inverse it. What this means is every eeveelution type + dragon becomes physical, and every other type becomes special. This should be an interesting change as some Pokémon in gen 3, particularly fighting types are drastically affected by this change no longer having a strong physical stab to use. This also improves some pokemon such as Sneasel, Gengar, Blissey, and many more. Some sample sets below can demonstrate this. I'm not sure whether this falls into the realm of pet mod or solomod so i would appreciate some feedback on that.

Sample sets
Gengar @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Brick Break/Focus Punch
- Sludge Bomb
- Explosion
Explanation-With Ghost and Fighting moves becoming special gengar now becomes even more of a threat. It's stab shadow ball now can uses its higher attacking stat to plow through walls even having a chance to lower their spdef. Brick break/Focus punch absolutely destroy gengars main checks such as tyranitar and other dark types. Sludge bomb hits everything else and has a pesky chance to poison. finally explosion while weaker by not taking advantage of the halved defense stat mechanic is still relatively strong off base 130 spatk.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Return/Double edge
- Calm Mind
- Earthquake/Shadow Ball/Brick Break
- Soft-Boiled
Explanation-With most of the fighting types being nerfed to the ground and fighting type coverage in general as well as fighting type moves targeting blissey's huge spdef stat, Blissey has become even more of a threat. With Calm mind, blissey can break through teams with strong coverage such as special earthquake, Shadow ball, and brick break/the more niche focus punch.

Bella

Not a furry
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
This tier is gonna be dead asf
kadabra.png
[National Dex] NFE
kadabra.png

Ok so basically, i am an active member of the Natdex LC community, and i had an idea for NFE, but Natdex! Basically, its Gen 8 NFE but the full PokeDex is allowed. Want to use Gligar and Raboot on the same team in NFE? Well now you can!
The ban list is currently:
Chansey, Doublade, Mr. Mime-Galar, Pikachu, Rhydon, Scyther, Sneasel, Type: Null, Vigoroth, Gligar, Gurdurr

With a Brand New Meta, there is nothing so far, however, here is a list of potentally problematic Pokemon:
vulpix-alolan.png
vulpix.png
Both Vulpix Forms can enable powerful sweepers which may be problematic. For now, they are legal but will likely be suspected sometime.
porygon2.png
This is the Mon im most worried about. This thing might be just a bit too unkillable for the tier to handle, we will see though. This is probs going to be the first suspect of the tier.
kadabra.pngThis thing hits like a truck. Enough said, though its very frail.
a39a45a617d2038711d715f274c30542.png This thing hits fairly hard and has a fairly good bulk with evo. This could be broken, but im unsure.
Tier Leader: uhBella
Council Members: uhBella, Pygocentrus, ZCopen
Heres some Teams for the early meta, you can try them out!
https://pokepast.es/8fe9508aa5ff0552 Webs HO by Bella
https://pokepast.es/e14689cf4b8c643f Pory Psyspam by Bella
Join our discord! We need friends. : https://discord.gg/DzbKsKRMKb
I hope you guys can enjoy this tier! first time doing anything like this so i hope it goes well

Last edited:
FOREIGN MONS

literally just a most likely to never be used or utilized thing due to what it does.

Adds in Pokemon from fangames and other sources (such as some fangames that replace pokemon with something else or original fangames that utilize pokemon like menus and mechanics, any new typing will change to fit with the old ones if necessary) (if the Creators/Teams allow it) with some exceptions, but all pokemon (minus Ubers and AGmons) will still be abailable in additions.

So, this is more or less just to add fangame mons, give them an actial typing (Sound/Wood are some popular fakemon fake typing used in fangames with ‘new types’. and depending on how this goes (this would most likely be rejected or taken down in reality), Includes Nuclear’s… well, Nuclear type due to it’s good and weak against everything unless it gets a clear Type chart that makes more sense.

as well as Puppet Dance Performance Shard of Dreams (Pokemon styled Touhou fan game), but like Pokemon Wack, it pretty much has it’s own typings and type charts that would make it impossible to decipher it and put it into any Pet Mod Server. (and like all the others, the main idea would most likey be rejected or taken down), also most of the moves for it are based on moves we already have, such as Hidden Power, Weather, and all the stuff, which also presents another issue, which is Custom Weathers and Custom Weather abilities.
even if it’s minor.
Nuclear has a similar problem, although like I said, the one from Nuclear is just a copy of Sandstorm that damages all types except Nuclear (and maybe steel) and nuclear types does more damage. it also doesn’t help that the Nuclear type is overpowered. (most actual Nuclear mons would be moved to Ubers just because of how unbalanced it and it’s moves are).

The main idea is to pretty much slap in mons from fangames that don’t have a proper Online Simulator (akin to Pokemon Showdown) as well have unlikely battles (such as a Tandor Trainer vs a Trainer from a compeltely different region) and so on.

While this is pretty ambitious of me to even think of this, I’m sure at least one other would think of something similr to this, and it was rejected because it’s too big (too many mons and new moves).

So pretty much a couple of things right off the bat that would make this rejected/removed

-Copyright stuff of all kinds

-some Custom Items (in terms of balancing)

-certain custom stuff that Pokemon Showdown might not be able to recreate (Such as Custom Types and their Weak/Resists/Strong againsts, Weathers, and Terrains) (also, what would Warped (or any PDPSoD original type) even be weak to Nuclear? (probably yes to some)

-sheer amount of pokemon+Fakemon (some combination could be seen as too powerful even if the two pokemon are weak by themselves, in one type of format or another, but PDPSoD has 4 takes on the same character (1 as a LC mon with 4 form changes, that acts as a Evolution with a certain goal in mind (the fourth is normally always part Warped type, but all get new moves (some are shared between eachother), abilities, and a new type (like for example, becoming a Unique type after being something like a Steel/Grass type)

but mostly the Copyright stuff for great reason, and I and the one person that might be on board don’t want to be labeled as a theif. this is just purely for fun, like, if a Meta PDPSoD team could beat a Meta Pokemon Nuclear Team or Crystal Monsters (aorta cancelled DSI game that had a Sequel on the Iphone, but only in the japan region or so?) and so on.

even though I kinda explained most of the reasons this will be Rejected, or asked to be taken down, I’m still going to post this, even though again, there will be a lot more problems with this.

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
So pretty rough idea for a Pet Mod...

Constraints whoa i wonder what inspired this name
I'll sum this one up quickly: what if instead of putting rules on what people can sub like most other mods, we instead made a mod where you can sub any Fakemon knowing the final meta will have three OM-like restrictions lmao added when you play it?

I posted this to this thread because I have ZERO idea what I want those rules to be. I'm not even dead set on even one, so I need some help with spitballing ideas and just generally getting feedback. Here's some examples of what I think would be ideal for me to see to maybe spark some ideas from you all -
  • The best candidates I think are ones that open up new possibilities for what you can do with a sub. My current favorite idea for this mod is including Pokebilities as a rule (all three of each Pokemon's abilities are active at once). Now it becomes possible to do a lot more with a sub! If you need to make a Pokemon check something highly specific, you can now spend an ability slot or two to make it easier, like adding Heatproof as an ability if you need to check something with Fire moves. Gives you a lot more leeway for what all typings you can give it. You can also do something crazy like giving a sub Snow Warning + Slush Rush, or maybe something a bit more sane like Gorilla Tactics / Aftermath / Forewarn where there's one clear best ability and two fun little perks to go with it.​
  • Generally, I'll mostly like the idea if it changes the game without removing options with subs. Another idea I like is having Inverse rules while leaving immunities intact, so for example Normal cannot hit Ghost but is strong against Rock and Steel. Game's completely different and you can't sub a fat Steel the same way you would in the base games for example. Just a fun change to spice things up without really getting in the way of anything, minus the fact that you'll need to keep an eye on the new matchup chart when making a sub.​
  • Lastly, we can also do something like Camomons or AAA where some part of your sub doesn't matter anymore, those being typing and ability respectively in this example. These are fine but I don't like taking away people's options for subbing in favor of giving players more options on teambuilder. Maybe someone can convince me otherwise, and maybe it's fine to have just one of these, but for now I dunno.​
Feel free to tell me if you have any input in this thread or on Discord!

EDIT: As it currently goes the feedback I've gotten (albeit from like two people) is as follows -
- Limit it to two ideas
- Pokebilities good like I thought
- Last bullet point bad like I thought

Survival of The Fittest
In this meta, you can sub anything you want. Anything from a highly thought out Fakemon created to excel in a particular niche to a meme submission or just plain subbing a normal already existing Pokémon with slight changes is allowed. The thing that is different about this Pet Mod, however, is that instead of voting, there is a tournament to determine what gets in and what stays out. To minimize the advantage gained from subbing last and creating something that counters everything else, submissions will be sent via Smogon dm to the people who code the metagame, as well as the council. Once the submission process is done, the contenders will be revealed and the tournament will begin.
Questions:
How many winners will there be? If there is only one, it will take a long time to create a metagame with enough different Pokémon for unique teams. If there are more winners, however, what is the importance of winning the tournament?
How should the meta be set up? I am mostly thinking of making it a complete reset, with no current Pokémon existing, but that could lead to it taking awhile for it to be playable. If existing Pokémon were included, there would be less room for suggestions filling the same role as existing Pokémon.
I currently do not have 15 posts in the forum, so even if this is liked, I might not sub it for awhile. This idea was also inspired by a lot of DuoM2’s pet mods where you can sub anything but something else is different so thanks for that.

Power Creeping Power Creep
The idea of this pet mod is that we take Pokémon that were once OU or BL (like Infernape, Jolteon, Metagross, etc.) and give them a slight boost to them with either a ability change, movepool change, and/or slight stat increase (like +30 BST) to bring them back into the metagame.

The Slates would operate by the steps below
Step 1: What Pokémon(s)?
Self explanatory, what Pokemon(s) is this slate going to be about? Switching between being community voted and chosen without voting.
Example of Slate Order
Slate 1: Infernape (Chosen)
Slate 2: Metagross (Voted)
Slate 3: Jolteon (Voted)
Slate 4: Tauros (Voted)
Slate 5: Snorlax (Chosen)
Step 2: Why did they fall?
In this part of the slate, we find out why the Pokémon fell. This step will help us find out what we need to buff so that it has a use in the meta again.
Step 3: Make Changes
Propose the change to be made to the Pokémon
Step 4: Vote
Vote for the changes that will be implemented for the Pokémon
Step 5: Repeat
Restart all of this again to make another buff to an old OU friend

Format Rules
This mod will be a NatDex OU format. This means that Megas and Z-Moves will be allowed, but Dynamaxing will not be. All universal Smogon Clauses will still apply.

The idea of this pet mod is that we take Pokémon that were once OU or BL (like Infernape, Jolteon, Metagross, etc.) and give them a slight boost to them with either a ability change, movepool change, and/or slight stat increase (like +30 BST) to bring them back into the metagame.

Self explanatory, what Pokemon(s) is this slate going to be about? Switching between being community voted and chosen without voting.
Example of Slate Order
In this part of the slate, we find out why the Pokémon fell. This step will help us find out what we need to buff so that it has a use in the meta again.

Format Rules
This mod will be a NatDex OU format. This means that Megas and Z-Moves will be allowed, but Dynamaxing will not be. All universal Smogon Clauses will still apply.
this is literally just theorymons.

this is literally just theorymons.
Theorymons is taking niche or unseen Pokemon in the current OU format and buffing them to be usable. My idea is choosing Pokemon that once were OU that fell out of usage do to power creep to bring them back as a competitor in the NatDex format. An example to compare the two is the current slate for Theorymon vs. a Jolteon Slate for PCPC. The current state for Theorymon is Golurk, Inteleon, Latios, Whimsicott, and Copperajah. Out of these 5, only one has ever seen OU play being Latios. The rest are mons that have never seen OU or BL. The goal is to buff these Pokemon to make them usable in the meta. Compared this to Jolteon, who was OU till megas were added in Gen 6. It spent 5 generations as a OU mon, even surviving the great creep of gen 5, till finally power creep caught up to Jolteon. My idea is to find out what finally tipped the scale and I buff it so it can be usable again. In short, Theorymon takes Pokémon that aren't used often or not at all in the and buffing them, mine is to take the veterans from past OUs and bring them back to the tier.

The current state for Theorymon is Golurk, Inteleon, Latios, Whimsicott, and Copperajah.
It most certainly is not. That was 5 slates ago.
This is just OU Theorymons with extra steps. Everything this mod does could be done within the confines of OU Theorymons, or alternatively Optimons, which has a similar concept of optimizing mons along their preexisting niches (little bit shakier on this one since idt it cares as much about niches the mons already have). Or heck, even Multiverse had a similar concept when it came to submissions. This mod seems rather bland, rips off the concepts of multiple (popular!) mods, and overall is unlikely to attract a large following due to lacking ways to differentiate itself.
Less relevant, but even a cursory glance at Jolteon’s Smogon page besides looking at the tiering itself will show you that Jolteon has no niche whatsoever in BW OU. Megas had no impact on Jolteon’s decreased viability, as no Mega competed with it directly.

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
It most certainly is not. That was 5 slates ago.
This is just OU Theorymons with extra steps. Everything this mod does could be done within the confines of OU Theorymons, or alternatively Optimons, which has a similar concept of optimizing mons along their preexisting niches (little bit shakier on this one since idt it cares as much about niches the mons already have). Or heck, even Multiverse had a similar concept when it came to submissions. This mod seems rather bland, rips off the concepts of multiple (popular!) mods, and overall is unlikely to attract a large following due to lacking ways to differentiate itself.
Less relevant, but even a cursory glance at Jolteon’s Smogon page besides looking at the tiering itself will show you that Jolteon has no niche whatsoever in BW OU. Megas had no impact on Jolteon’s decreased viability, as no Mega competed with it directly.

Example of Slate Order

Format Rules

In the general scheme of things I agree with Beaf in that this is very similar to Theorymons, I'm only really here to be pedantic, Jolteons niches in BW, and really DPP as well were tied to Baton Pass, and it dropping off in later gens is more due to the Baton Pass ban taking place when the tier was still the main gen. (fun fact about jolteon, its actually still the fastest viable baton pass user, as Ninjask and Accelgors flaws are too present)

I think you can work with this concept in interesting ways though. Perhaps starting with picking a metagame to work with, look at the metagame before it, lets say DPP to ADV, look at the pokemon within it, and which pokemon from the prior gen didn't make it through the shifts. And then analyzing and buffing the Pokemon left behind to fit into the next generations metagame. You can do this with SM and SS, but honestly it is a bit too similar to theorymons if you do that strictly.

Call it something like "No Pokemon left behind"

I have an idea for a Pet Mod called Generation Negative Four.

Here is the concept. Feedback would be greatly appreciated, especially since I am new to Pet Mods.

Competitive Pokémon Legends Arceus battles are not something that really anyone has thought much about. How are you going to have an interesting and fun metagame with the messed up battle mechanics? The answer is simple. You use normal generation 8 battle mechanics instead.

Any moves exclusive to Legends Arceus would not be in the format since they don't exist on Showdown. Pokémon could learn moves that they learn in Legends Arceus and exist in SwSh or BDSP*, moves in their learnset in SwSh and BDSP*, and legal moves that their previous evolutions learn.

*I think that including BDSP moves would make the tier more interesting because some Pokémon in Legends Arceus aren’t in Sword and Shield, but are in BDSP. This means if moves from BDSP moves weren’t allowed, many Pokémon would not be viable due to not getting many good moves in PLA. For example, Gliscor wouldn’t be able to learn Earthquake, U-Turn, Knock Off, Protect, Defog, Roost, Rock Polish, and more. Some Pokémon also benefit from having both moves from SwSh and BDSP like Scizor, which gained Roost in BDSP.

Summary: The only Pokémon allowed are those in Legends Arceus. These Pokémon have abilities, can hold items, and have EVs and IVs unlike in PLA. The format would use SwSh battle mechanics. Each Pokémon could use moves they learn in SwSh, BDSP, and PLA as long as (in Legend Arceus's case) they exist in SwSh. Pokémon introduced in Legends Arceus could only use the moves they learn that are legal in SwSh or that they get from the previous evolutions.

List of Pokémon in Legends Arceus

Pokémon that would probably be quick banned are Landorus-I, Dialga, Dialga-Origin, Palkia, Palkia-Origin, Giritina, Giritina-Origin, Shaymin, and Darkrai.

Here are some Pokémon that could be meta-defining:

Enamorus-I @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Contrary
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
0 Atk IVs
  • Moonblast
  • Psychic
  • Earth Power
  • Mystical Fire / Sludge Bomb

Enamorus-I is strong, fast, and has Fairy, Fire, Poison, Ground, and Psychic coverage. It could function as a Calm Mind sweeper, a choice scarfer, or a choice specs breaker. The choice scarf set would probably be the hardest to play against since it outspeeds almost the entire metagame and smacks everything with its great coverage and power. Chansey and Blissey are Enamorus-I’s most reliable answers.

Enamorus-I seems like it could be too powerful for this meta.

Sneasler @ Heavy Duty Boots
Ability: Poison Touch
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
  • Close Combat
  • Poison Jab
  • X-Scizzor
  • Swords Dance

Sneasler is extremely hard to switch into reliably. Poison Touch ruins Pokémon that might resist both of its stabs like Landorus-T. Poison Jab hits the fairy and flying types that resist Close Combat, and Close Combat hits the steel types that are immune to Poison Jab. It also is very strong and is actually fast (130 atk, 120 spe). It even has Swords Dance to sweep late game. Sneasler can even be paired with Weavile because they pair together so perfectly. Sneasler knocks out steel and fairy types that give Weavile problems. Weavile knocks Pokémon that give Sneasler issues, most notably Gliscor.

Sneasler seems like it could be too powerful for this meta.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
  • Earthquake
  • U-Turn
  • Stealth Rock / Defog
  • Protect / Knock Off / Roost / Defog

Gliscor seems very good in this meta. It is the only good ground type besides Hippowdon with reliable recovery. It also stops Sneasler in its tracks. Poison touch might dissuade fellow ground-flying Landorus-T from wanting to swap in, but Gliscor wants to be poisoned and it gets 4HKO’d by +2 Close Combat from Sneasler while OHKOing back with Earthquake.

Here are some more sample sets.

Weavile @ Heavy Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
  • Triple Axel
  • Knock Off
  • Ice Shard
  • Swords Dance

Goodra-Hisui @ Assault Vest / Choice Specs
Ability: Sap Sipper
252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
  • Draco Meteor
  • Thunderbolt
  • Ice Beam
  • Flamethrower / Sludge Bomb / Hydro Pump

OU Sample sets work here too imo

but also try this

Heatran @ Choice Scarf / Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
  • Eruption
  • Magma Storm
  • Earth Power
  • Flash Cannon

(If you see non-Hisuian forms that is because I don’t know how to get sprites lol)

S+ / Watchlist (getting close to or at the point of brokenness)
  • Enamorus-I
  • Sneasler
S Tier (metagame defining Pokémon)
A Tier (all around good Pokémon)
B Tier (probably would make a decent impact on the metagame)
  • Kleavor
C Tier
  • Ursaluna, Basculegion-M, Basculegion-F
    Overqwil
C- Tier (Maybe would do something, but I’m really not sure what)
If Enamorus-I gets banned, Enamorus-T could maybe function as a bulky attacker. However, as long as Enamorus-I is in the format, Enamorus-T would be outclassed.

One question that I do have for this format is if fixated, drowsy, primed, frostbite, status overwriting, temporary combined status buffs, and jagged splinters should be included (I think that A New Legend did this). I'm not really big on really any of those changes, other than frostbite of course. I don't think that it would make sense to use one but not the others so it's basically they all get used or don't. Also note that the VR Prediction was designed without those changes in mind.

Rezzo

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Pre-Contributor
I have an idea for a Pet Mod called Generation Negative Four.

Here is the concept. Feedback would be greatly appreciated, especially since I am new to Pet Mods.

Competitive Pokémon Legends Arceus battles are not something that really anyone has thought much about. How are you going to have an interesting and fun metagame with the messed up battle mechanics? The answer is simple. You use normal generation 8 battle mechanics instead.

Any moves exclusive to Legends Arceus would not be in the format since they don't exist on Showdown. Pokémon could learn moves that they learn in Legends Arceus and exist in SwSh or BDSP*, moves in their learnset in SwSh and BDSP*, and legal moves that their previous evolutions learn.

*I think that including BDSP moves would make the tier more interesting because some Pokémon in Legends Arceus aren’t in Sword and Shield, but are in BDSP. This means if moves from BDSP moves weren’t allowed, many Pokémon would not be viable due to not getting many good moves in PLA. For example, Gliscor wouldn’t be able to learn Earthquake, U-Turn, Knock Off, Protect, Defog, Roost, Rock Polish, and more. Some Pokémon also benefit from having both moves from SwSh and BDSP like Scizor, which gained Roost in BDSP.

Summary: The only Pokémon allowed are those in Legends Arceus. These Pokémon have abilities, can hold items, and have EVs and IVs unlike in PLA. The format would use SwSh battle mechanics. Each Pokémon could use moves they learn in SwSh, BDSP, and PLA as long as (in Legend Arceus's case) they exist in SwSh. Pokémon introduced in Legends Arceus could only use the moves they learn that are legal in SwSh or that they get from the previous evolutions.

List of Pokémon in Legends Arceus

Pokémon that would probably be quick banned are Landorus-I, Dialga, Dialga-Origin, Palkia, Palkia-Origin, Giritina, Giritina-Origin, Shaymin, and Darkrai.

Here are some Pokémon that could be meta-defining:

Enamorus-I @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
0 Atk IVs
  • Moonblast
  • Psychic
  • Earth Power
  • Mystical Fire / Sludge Bomb

Enamorus-I is strong, fast, and has Fairy, Fire, Poison, Ground, and Psychic coverage. It could function as a Calm Mind sweeper, a choice scarfer, or a choice specs breaker. The choice scarf set would probably be the hardest to play against since it outspeeds almost the entire metagame and smacks everything with its great coverage and power. Chansey and Blissey are Enamorus-I’s most reliable answers.

Enamorus-I seems like it could be too powerful for this meta.

Sneasler @ Heavy Duty Boots
Ability: Poison Touch
Jolly Nature
  • Close Combat
  • Poison Jab
  • X-Scizzor
  • Swords Dance

Sneasler is extremely hard to switch into reliably. Poison Touch ruins Pokémon that might resist both of its stabs like Landorus-T. Poison Jab hits the fairy and flying types that resist Close Combat, and Close Combat hits the steel types that are immune to Poison Jab. It also is very strong and is actually fast (130 atk, 120 spe). It even has Swords Dance to sweep late game. Sneasler can even be paired with Weavile because they pair together so perfectly. Sneasler knocks out steel and fairy types that give Weavile problems. Weavile knocks Pokémon that give Sneasler issues, most notably Gliscor.

Sneasler seems like it could be too powerful for this meta.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
  • Earthquake
  • U-Turn
  • Stealth Rock / Defog
  • Protect / Knock Off / Roost / Defog

Gliscor seems very good in this meta. It is the only good ground type besides Hippowdon with reliable recovery. It also stops Sneasler in its tracks. Poison touch might dissuade fellow ground-flying Landorus-T from wanting to swap in, but Gliscor wants to be poisoned and it gets 4HKO’d by +2 Close Combat from Sneasler while OHKOing back with Earthquake.

Here are some more sample sets.

Weavile @ Heavy Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
  • Triple Axel
  • Knock Off
  • Ice Shard
  • Swords Dance

Goodra-Hisui @ Assault Vest / Choice Specs
Ability: Sap Sipper
252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
  • Draco Meteor
  • Thunderbolt
  • Ice Beam
  • Flamethrower / Sludge Bomb / Hydro Pump

OU Sample sets work here too imo

but also try this

Heatran @ Choice Scarf / Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
  • Eruption
  • Magma Storm
  • Earth Power
  • Flash Cannon

(If you see non-Hisuian forms that is because I don’t know how to get sprites lol)

S+ / Watchlist (getting close to or at the point of brokenness)
  • Enamorus-I
  • Sneasler
S Tier (metagame defining Pokémon)
A Tier (all around good Pokémon)
B Tier (probably would make a decent impact on the metagame)
  • Kleavor
C Tier
  • Ursaluna, Basculegion-M, Basculegion-F
    Overqwil
C- Tier (Maybe would do something, but I’m really not sure what)
If Enamorus-I gets banned, Enamorus-T could maybe function as a bulky attacker. However, as long as Enamorus-I is in the format, Enamorus-T would be outclassed.

One question that I do have for this format is if fixated, drowsy, primed, frostbite, status overwriting, temporary combined status buffs, and jagged splinters should be included (I think that A New Legend did this). I'm not really big on really any of those changes, other than frostbite of course. I don't think that it would make sense to use one but not the others so it's basically they all get used or don't. Also note that the VR Prediction was designed without those changes in mind.
Hi there, cool idea! Obviously you're free to take such a concept in whichever direction that you please, but just so that you're aware, the platform in which most Pet Mods are hosted (Dragon Heaven) enables you to put new attacks into the battle simulator, meaning that you could add PLA-exclusive attacks into your mod.

Hi there, cool idea! Obviously you're free to take such a concept in whichever direction that you please, but just so that you're aware, the platform in which most Pet Mods are hosted (Dragon Heaven) enables you to put new attacks into the battle simulator, meaning that you could add PLA-exclusive attacks into your mod.
I didn't know that; that you for letting me know! It would be really cool to use something like Wave Crash Basculegion, but the only problem with that is it raises attack speed. If I were to change it to +1 speed or something that would be a completely subjective change and I want to keep the format as close to normal mechanics as possible without changing how things like what moves do.

Edit: I think because of this it would also make more sense to not include jagged splinters and other effects caused by moves that were changed in PLA.

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
I didn't know that; that you for letting me know! It would be really cool to use something like Wave Crash Basculegion, but the only problem with that is it raises attack speed. If I were to change it to +1 speed or something that would be a completely subjective change and I want to keep the format as close to normal mechanics as possible without changing how things like what moves do.
“Raises attack speed” means it’s a priority move btw. Yeah you would have to make subjective decisions for what signature moves do but subjective decisions are the point of pet mods. You can go either way though.

Ema Skye

Work!
I know mods are closed until next gen but I want to get this out there to get some feedback as I intend to sub this for Gen 9.

[Gen 1] Burgundy Version [name pending]

Legend has it that a remote island lay off the coast of the Kanto region where the strongest trainers gather, further beyond than even the Sevii Islands and the Orange Archipelago. Home to this region are a unique variety of Pokemon that have never been seen before, as well as Pokemon from other regions not native to Kanto. You've been invited by the island's professor, Professor Mulberry, to help study and catalogue life on this island and the uniqueness it features. This is the Burgundy Island.

(lore is really hard but i wanted a color name that had RBYG in it and a tree-named prof with RBY in it)

This is a Gen 1 Pet Mod that is intended to act as an ultimate version of RBY, uniting content across its three metagames and adding content to them. This means all 151 Pokemon are here with their tradebacks movesets, as well as Stadium's bug fixes. This also means team preview is here as this is played using Stadium and Stadium's sleep mechanic (0-3 turns instead of 0-7). Any mechanical disagreement between RBY and Stadium will utilize Stadium's code. For the coders, Stadium is already coded for main and so there shouldn't be custom code needed to set things up. This combination has never been done before and so this leads to the creation of a brand new meta, one that feels familiar to both RBY players and players new to the gen.

However, this is a pet mod and that means new content! As my lore suggests, we will be making fakemon for the tier and new attacks that go with them. However, because RBY's mechanics are unique (to put it lightly), new Pokemon from future gens can also be added as some of them could have been very interesting in these mechanics (please keep these as close to the original as possible). Slates will be themed around specific additions, possibly with additional criteria to focus subbing (such as a user of a particular move or some stat benchmarks). There is a lot on the table here and I want the community to direct where things will go.

Things that may be on the table:
  • fakemon designed from the ground up for the tier
  • new gen Pokemon 'gen 1-ified'
  • new attacks taking advantage of what makes RBY unique
  • old attacks to fill in coverage gaps (such as a damaging dragon move or a strong bug/poison/ghost move)
  • new types (maybe?)
  • status effects (same type added effect immunity and recalculating status drops allow for some unique opportunities to use status)
I'm planning on around 10ish slates, with at least two each of fakemon/realmon/new moves/real moves. The rest will be community driven.

This mod attempts to answer some key creative questions about RBY:
  • how does combining all three rby formats into one create a new meta identity?
  • how could new status effects influence how rby's mechanics interact with status effects?
  • what new gen pokemon are seemingly made for rby's mechanics?
  • what could a pokemon tailormade for rby look like as a positive meta influence?
  • given rby's type chart woes, what are some strategic ways to approach type chart modifications in a meta-relevant way?

If you're interested in leading it with me, let me know!

Last edited:

Albatross

Loosely Resembling Some Variety Of Bird
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributor
[Gen 9] Samplemons
This Pet Mod would take the [Gen 9] OU metagame and make it so that you can only use sample sets. This would be a boon to the community at large because it would encourage them to think about the actual [Gen 9] OU metagame. 3 sample sets for a select mon each week would be subbed in. If a fourth (or fifth) set, or a set change, is strongly encouraged by the mod's community for a particular mon, it would be added in as a fourth submission option for a slate. No more than 4 set submission options (3 per mon, and 1 for additional sets / set changes) per slate would be allowed. No more than 5 sets per mon would be allowed, either.

Questions:
1. How could this idea be improved? The goal is to bring concepts applicable to [Gen 9] OU to the forefront.
2. Does this seem fun? Why or why not?
I understand the thought process behind this, but I really don't see how forcing people to use two or three specific sets will help with this metagame. Seems like it'd throttle innovation rather than encourage any kind of growth: rather than saying, for example, "My Arctozolt doesn't have a way of hitting Steel-types - maybe if I slot in Low Kick over Freeze Dry it'll perform better", you'd have to go "My Arctozolt doesn't have a way of hitting Steel-types - I should wait for a week to submit a slight moveset change, another two to five days for voting to end, and then see if it performs better. If it even gets voted in. And if it performs worse I'll go fuck myself ig"

[Gen 3] ADV Micro
In this Pet Mod, we'd look at all Gens of Pokemon, and pick 75 (3 per slate) to make a micrometa. Their stats, Abilities, and learnsets would be not be updated to later Gen standards unless approved (with each individual change being carefully picked). We would then nerf/buff the mons to make a balanced metagame. Anything (besides Pokemon) that does not exist in Gen 3 would not be eligible, meaning adding Stealth Rock, for instance, to a mon would not be possible. This does mean that one or two Gen 3 Abilities will have to be given to Pokemon with only Gen 4+ Abilities. There would be a slate per week, 4 days for submissions, and 3 for voting. I am not quite sure on whether or not past Gen Clean Slate clones are allowed, so if they aren't, just let me know, and I can retire the idea. The council would be just me until I find 1 or 2 other people to help out.

Last edited:
This idea just popped into my head. I'm not familiar with pet mods.

In Monster Sanctuary, a game that's vaguely similar to Pokémon, every monster has two alternate forms, called light-shifted and dark-shifted. Both forms give them increased stats and a bonus passive trait; each shift type has a different pool of these, and they stay the same when a monster evolves.

So what if we applied that to Pokémon? There could be slates where people come up with light and dark shifts for a given Pokémon or several, and the best ones get implemented into the pet mod.

[Gen 3] Inverse Split
That's just Gen 3 Category Swap, which is a regular Other Metagame.

Last edited:

Ema Skye

Work!
This idea just popped into my head. I'm not familiar with pet mods.

In Monster Sanctuary, a game that's vaguely similar to Pokémon, every monster has two alternate forms, called light-shifted and dark-shifted. Both forms give them increased stats and a bonus passive trait; each shift type has a different pool of these, and they stay the same when a monster evolves.

So what if we applied that to Pokémon? There could be slates where people come up with light and dark shifts for a given Pokémon or several, and the best ones get implemented into the pet mod.

That's just Gen 3 Category Swap, which is a regular Other Metagame.
This is similar to Dopplegangers (turns the shiny into another form of the Pokemon), but Light/Dark shifts are bit more loose in terms of what changes you could make. I feel like I'd need to see it a bit more but I think there's some potential.

Also, another idea based on a discord conversation from earlier:

The Pet Mod

In this micrometa pet mod, users submit Fakemon inspired by their pets. Yes, this is an excuse to flood the thread with pictures of your cat. If you don't have a pet, you are welcome to still participate by subbing fictional pets (like Snoopy). You could also just lie and sub a petmon anyways because it's not like we'll know ;)

The first slate will act similarly to how Blindsided did: everyone signs up and submits their own Petmons. These are automatically added to the meta.

In the second and subsequent slates, users sub more Petmons that take the existing meta into consideration. Unlike the first slate, these are voted on for entry into the meta. This repeats until we have a meta of sufficient size.

Think Crossover Chaos (Expanded) in practice but as a micrometa.

And maybe someone would be willing to sprite the petmons???

And because i am filled with objectively amazing ideas in one day here is a second one

Gachamons (name pending)

In this micrometa, we sub fakemon with the intent of them being usable exclusively in a randbats format. All existing moves, items and abilities are fair game to be used to build the fakemon. There will likely be around 80ish fakemon in total to allow for sufficient variety while still ensuring the option to address every fakemon during play. Randbats-based side formats have historically been popular so perhaps it is time for a mod based around randbats.

Randbats adds some interesting considerations for submissions. The more diverse options the Pokemon has, the harder it is to get the set you want. But narrow options are easier to check when playing as they're one-dimensional threats. Randbats does consider competitive move viability (so no need to worry about competitively irrelevant moves). Randbats mons having different levels depending on the Pokemon's tier essentially requires a submitter to sub for multiple tiers at a time as the intended level of the Pokemon will be part of the submission process. Each slate may involve subbing for an intended power level to ensure all the level tiers are represented. This is also interesting from a balancing end as stats are relatively fixed for each Pokemon given a static level and fixed EV and IV spreads.

I am also interested in the possibility of adding a rarity stat, making team generation similar to opening up a card game booster pack. Users could make rarity level part of their submission. Team generation could be something like: 3 commons, 2 uncommons and 1 rare or something like that. Could be like a guarantee for both players to get an uber-level mon. Something like that.

Last edited:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I have been gone for several years and am not familiar with this part of the forum, so please excuse me if something similar has been done or proposed before.

I'd like to propose a simple mod called Type Rebalance. The purpose of this mod is to buff weaker types and nerf a couple stronger ones by changing their matchups. This only affects the type chart and not other mechanics.

The changes I have in mind at the moment are thus:
  • Bug is now super effective against and resists Fairy
  • Poison is now super effective against Water
  • Ice now resists Flying, Electric, and Dragon
I would be open to other changes, but mostly tried to stay within some sort of realm of logic (e.g. Ice resists Electric because ice is a very poor electrical conduit) and didn't want to go the easy route for some of these.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)