Resource Pet Mods Workshop

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
(I already had a Pet Mod in submission, so if anyone else is willing to use this idea, you’re welcome!)

Type Rebalance
Objective
: The bottom tier four Types will be buffed with added diversity, better overall Type match-up and fixed underwhelming mechanics associated with them, such as Hail being associated with Ice-type. After that, the remaining top tier Types will receive the opposite. The council will determine the top 4 and bottom 4 types.

Formats: NatDex OU, NatDex Monotype, Z-Moves might or might not stay depending on how the metagame plays

Amount of Slates: Eight first slates for bottom tiers, two per each type. First slate is changing some Type matchups and associated mechanics, and second is buffing underwhelming Pokémon and nerfing Ubers with BST lower than 670 (i.e. Galarian Darmanitan). Increased diversity is encouraged.

After the eight first slates and playtesting are done, at least two slates for top tier Types that remained relatively untouched will be done, but in the opposite way by nerfing a few positive but non-sensical matchups and, if all else fails, toning down their most potent threats to make them more manageable.

Examples: Ice-type have the worst defensive typing and a tendency of mediocre to bad coverage, resulting most defensive and slow Ice Pokémon to suffer. Hail, a weather heavily associated with Ice, is by far the worst weather. The two slates about Ice resolves about fixing these issues, as well as toning down Uber-level threats that do happen to have one of those bottom-tier types.

Inversively, we have a remaining top tier type that remains devastating which is, let’s say, Fairy, due to a combination of fantastic offensive and defensive type match-up and plenty of powerhouses such as Clefable and the banned Magearna. In addition, Misty Terrain is the only terrain not to be nerfed in any way. The objective in this case is to tone down these traits, although buffing really unviable Pokémon with this typing is allowed.

What is Allowed: Increasing BST up to 600 - although 500-530 range recommended - except regarding important counterparts (i.e. Eeveelutions), adding or removing moves to a Pokémon‘s movepool, adding or replacing one of the Pokémon‘s Abilities, nominating a change for Moves or Abilities as long as they are easy to program.

What is NOT Allowed: Adding new Pokémon - this also includes no new forms - as NatDex is already crowded, buffing already viable Pokémon (refer to the NatDex viability ranking; if it is at least B- or higher, don’t buff it), nerfing an already bottom-tier typing, buffing an already top-tier typing, adding anything new which included new items, new Abilities, new Moves, new hazards, new weathers or new terrains.

Questions
  • What do you personally think are overall top tier typings throughout NatDex? And what do you think are the bottom tier typings throughout NatDex?​
  • Should Z-Moves be allowed or not? Mega Evolution can at least seen coming as only specific Pokémon can perform it; same cannot be said with Z-Moves due to the unpredictability and often hyper offensive nature.​

(I already had a Pet Mod in submission, so if anyone else is willing to use this idea, you’re welcome!)

Type Rebalance
Objective
: The bottom tier four Types will be buffed with added diversity, better overall Type match-up and fixed underwhelming mechanics associated with them, such as Hail being associated with Ice-type. After that, the remaining top tier Types will receive the opposite. The council will determine the top 4 and bottom 4 types.

Formats: NatDex OU, NatDex Monotype, Z-Moves might or might not stay depending on how the metagame plays

Amount of Slates: Eight first slates for bottom tiers, two per each type. First slate is changing some Type matchups and associated mechanics, and second is buffing underwhelming Pokémon and nerfing Ubers with BST lower than 670 (i.e. Galarian Darmanitan). Increased diversity is encouraged.

After the eight first slates and playtesting are done, at least two slates for top tier Types that remained relatively untouched will be done, but in the opposite way by nerfing a few positive but non-sensical matchups and, if all else fails, toning down their most potent threats to make them more manageable.

Examples: Ice-type have the worst defensive typing and a tendency of mediocre to bad coverage, resulting most defensive and slow Ice Pokémon to suffer. Hail, a weather heavily associated with Ice, is by far the worst weather. The two slates about Ice resolves about fixing these issues, as well as toning down Uber-level threats that do happen to have one of those bottom-tier types.

Inversively, we have a remaining top tier type that remains devastating which is, let’s say, Fairy, due to a combination of fantastic offensive and defensive type match-up and plenty of powerhouses such as Clefable and the banned Magearna. In addition, Misty Terrain is the only terrain not to be nerfed in any way. The objective in this case is to tone down these traits, although buffing really unviable Pokémon with this typing is allowed.

What is Allowed: Increasing BST up to 600 - although 500-530 range recommended - except regarding important counterparts (i.e. Eeveelutions), adding or removing moves to a Pokémon‘s movepool, adding or replacing one of the Pokémon‘s Abilities, nominating a change for Moves or Abilities as long as they are easy to program.

What is NOT Allowed: Adding new Pokémon - this also includes no new forms - as NatDex is already crowded, buffing already viable Pokémon (refer to the NatDex viability ranking; if it is at least B- or higher, don’t buff it), nerfing an already bottom-tier typing, buffing an already top-tier typing, adding anything new which included new items, new Abilities, new Moves, new hazards, new weathers or new terrains.

Questions
  • What do you personally think are overall top tier typings throughout NatDex? And what do you think are the bottom tier typings throughout NatDex?​
  • Should Z-Moves be allowed or not? Mega Evolution can at least seen coming as only specific Pokémon can perform it; same cannot be said with Z-Moves due to the unpredictability and often hyper offensive nature.​
While I really like the concept for this mod, it seems quite similar to EGR's Type Chart Deluxe.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
While I really like the concept for this mod, it seems quite similar to EGR's Type Chart Deluxe.
Oh, I forgot this one.

Only main difference that are said is that my version would allow increased diversification on the bottom tier types and toning down the top tier types. Although I wonder if EGR is even active atm…

:dragapult::crobat::dedenne::zapdos-galar:TCGmons:dragapult::crobat::dedenne::zapdos-galar:
(^we literally talked about this on the discord but i probably need a better name lol)
Concept: Pet Mod aims to turn some of the Pokemon TCG Cards into pokemon.
these could aim from regular to any card, really!
they would get a signature ability (either secondary, hidden, or a special event ability. this would need to be filled out for coding.) and a signature move.
now, these are the complicatedparts. since some cards have different types, abilities and moves, while still beeing a card of the exact same pokemon.
while normally TCG pokemon cards only have 1 type, this would not be the case here.
they would get their normal typing + have one of their types changed to match their card.
to boost their viability, certain pokemon would have their stats raised. for example, a Dedenne cant have its stats boosted because of Dedenne-GX, but pokemon that dont have alternate form can.
VMAX pokemon might be treated as megas, altho only getting +40 BST instead of 100.
^isnt true for legendary mons like ice/shadow rider calyrex's
Name: (Ex Dedenne-GX)
Type:
Ability:
Relevant Moves:
Competitive Role:
Special Move(s):
Special Ability(s):
Miscellaneous: certain types got literally deleted, those beeing Ghost, Bug, Ice, Poison, Flying and Rock and Ground. Ghost pokemon become Psychic, Bug pokemon become Grass, Ice pokemon become Water, Poison pokemon can become either Dark or Psychic, Rock and Ground pokemon become Fighting, flying pokemon are mostly turned into Colorless types. (wich here would be the Normal type. making Crobat Dark/Normal.)
would be led by a council.

shout at me if i forgot anything.

i'll update it with other templates later

Last edited:

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
:silvally:Chaotic Chimeras:silvally:
Premise:
Create a micrometa where Pokemon are created through the random components of 6 random Pokemon.

Slates:
The slates will work similarly to Roullettemons. If you unfamiliar with that:

For each slate, I will randomly generate a few chimeras. Then, there will be a discussion phase where people discuss which chimeras are or aren't healthy for the meta, and voting will commence.
  1. The first slate will have 9 chimeras, and 5 will enter the meta in order to set the power level
  2. The next few slates will have 5 chimeras, and 1 will enter the meta each slate.
  3. After 30 chimeras enter the meta, there will be a playtesting phase.
  4. When the playerbase has a good sense of the meta, around 5-10 more chimeras will enter the meta.

1. Select 6 random non-NFE Pokemon and label each Pokemon 1-6 in the order they were chosen (use this randomizer; turn off NFEs and forms).
  2. Note any signatures moves, regardless of whether they remained signature across generations (refer to this list).
  3. Randomize a list of the numbers 1-6, each number being repeated 3 times (1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3,...)
  4. Place the number list next to the list of attributes (Type 1, Type 2, Ability 1...)
  5. Each attribute will come from the Pokemon assigned the number the attribute is assigned to.
  6. If there is one mega form, the mega form of the chimera uses the exact stat, type, and ability changes of the mega/primal.
  7. If there is more than one mega form, list out the forms in order they are listed (if Mewtwo is 2, and Venusaur is 5, you would list MMX as 1, MMX as 2, and Mega Venusaur as 3)
  8. Using a number generator, generate numbers from 1 to however many forms there are. Each attribute will come from the corresponding Pokemon to each number (for simplicity's sake, all chimeras/primals will mega evolve with a Mega Stone).
  9. Create any fused abilities and moves.
Attribute List
1627957377367.png

Mega Attribute List
1628014490224.png

• Signatures abilities work similarly to those in Fusion Evolution.
  • A chimera will get receive any signature move, regardless of what Pokemon are contributing its moveset.
If I roll these Pokemon and this list...
1628013102750.png

1628013121968.png

I end up with these attributes
1628013145554.png

So this chimera would be:
Type: Electric / Dark
Abilities: Sand Spit / Pressure / (Sap Sipper + Inner Focus)
Stats: 72 / 130 / 65 / 110 / 70 / 96
Physical Movepool: Sylveon + Togedemaru
Special Movepool: Absol + Miltank
Status Movepool: Miltank + Togedemaru
This chimera would gain access to Zing Zap and Milk Drink if it does not already (it does).

This Pokemon has one mega involved, Mega Absol. So, the mega would just be the changes of Mega Absol.

Type: Electric / Dark
Abilities: Magic Bounce
Stats: 72 / 150 / 65 / 150 / 70 / 136 [+0 / +20 / +0 / +40 / +0 / +40]

If I were to roll these Pokemon and this list
1628013552752.png

1628013572111.png

I would end up with these attributes:
1628013623316.png

So this chimera would be:
Type: Psychic / Flying
Abilities: Magician / Telepathy / (Anger Point+Telepathy)
Stats: 80 / 60 / 70 / 150 / 70 / 105
Physical Movepool: Oricorio-Pom-Pom + Tapu Koko
Special Movepool: Camerupt + Mismagius
Status Movepool: Oricorio-Pom-Pom + Rayquaza
This chimera would gain access to Revelation Dance, Nature's Madness, Hyperspace Fury, and Dragon Ascent if it does not already.

This chimera has 2 mega forms involved, Mega Camerupt (1) and Mega Rayquaza (2). If I roll these numbers,
1628014513789.png

I get these attributes:
1628014546018.png

So the mega would look like:
Type: Psychic / Flying
Abilities: Delta Stream
Stats: 80 / 80 / 80 / 190 / 80 / 85 [+0 / +20 / +10 / +40 / +10 / -20]
If I do this like Roulettemons, most of this stuff will be on me, so you don't have to worry about this probably.

or

:silvally:Chimera Factory:silvally:
Premise: Create a micrometa where Pokemon are created through the components of 6 different Pokemon.

Instead of randomly generating Pokemon and randomly selecting attributes, only the Pokemon will be chosen randomly. Users will have to take components from these Pokemon to create their own chimeras.
  1. Each slate will have 3 sets of 8 Pokemon.
  2. Users can take 5 Pokemon from each set and submit 1 chimera for each set.
  3. 3 chimeras will get in each slate (one from each set).
Attribute List
1628054860740.png

Mega Attribute List
1628014490224.png

wip
essentially pick 5, pick 3 attributes from each mon, and boom
megas are done the same, the bst increase doesnt have to equal 100, but ur thing still has to be balanced

:gorebyss::blaziken::carracosta::alakazam::garbodor::sigilyph::regieleki::noctowl:

Last edited:

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
:deoxys-defense: Specialized Species :deoxys-attack:

Premisse

The premisse of this Pet Mod is rather simple: Rather than having a multitude of different Pokémon to pick from, the players would instead only have 6 available mons, with each of these 6 having a bunch of forms that perform different roles. The big idea here is to make Species Clause come into play in a whole different way when teambuilding, since it prevents the same species of Pokémon to be used in a team even if they are different forms.

For an example using real Pokémon, lets say one of the 6 mons was Deoxys. You get to pick if you want to use a defensive Deoxys, an offensive Deoxys, anutility Deoxys, and so on (Disclaimer: Forms in the mod are not supposed to be as extreme as the Deoxys forms). The difference is that instead of having 4 total forms like Deoxys, each mon would ideally have at least 6 (Provisory number). This way, while every team would have the same 6 species of Pokémon, there would be a pretty big variety of different form cores you could try out.

Slates

Firstly, we would have an initial "Slate 0", where each person submits a group of 6 mons to be the basis of the metagame. These may have their Stats, Abilities, Types and Movepools altered. These 6 will function as the "Base" form of the Pokémon, and every future form will derive from these (More details below)

After which, each slate would give each of the 6 newPokémon out-of-battle Forms. I haven't yet settled on how to handle these slates, but I was picturing assigning a list of basic roles (Wallbreaker, Sweeper, Wall, etc) and allowing submitters to distribute those among the 6 Forms they are creating.

Lets say our 6 Pokémon are :toxicroak::charizard::swampert::heliolisk::escavalier::aromatisse:
And the roles given in that slate are Pivot, Hazard Control, Sweeper, Wallbreaker, Wall, Field Setter

Users may pick whichever match they want between mon and roles. so, for an example, here's some submission concepts:

User 1 made:

:toxicroak: Wallbreaker
:charizard: Wall
:swampert: Field Setter
:heliolisk: Hazard control
:escavalier: Sweeper
:aromatisse: Pivot

User 2 made:

:toxicroak: Sweeper
:charizard: Field Setter
:swampert: Wall
:heliolisk: Pivot
:escavalier: Wallbreaker
:aromatisse: Hazard Control

User 3 made:

:toxicroak: Pivot
:charizard: Hazard Control
:swampert: Wallbreaker
:heliolisk: Field Setter
:escavalier: Wall
:aromatisse: Sweeper

From these choices, they create forms that accurately fit the role presented

How Forms Work

This is the part I am mostly struggling to decide. I know for a fact all forms should share the same BST, and share at least most of its movepool with the Base form. From there, users can either add or remove a few moves, as well as make an entirely new set of abilities.

The part I am undecisive about is when it comes to Typing and Stats. I'm not sure how much the stats should be allowed to be changed by, and I'm also not too sure what to do for Typings. I had considered making it so at least one of the types from base form stays, but that would be really restrictive given type repetition would flood the meta with that type. I had considered making somewhat of a "restriction", making it so if you change stats too much you'll have less liberty on type or ability changes, but I think that'd be getting a bit too complex for comfort. If anyone has any suggestions on how to approach all of this, I'm up to listening.

As a little added thing I'd appreciate it if the shared forms had some sort of shared niche with eachother, but attempted to reach it in different ways (For an example that I got from discussing this on Discord (s/o to Mossy Sandwich ):
1628131752079.png
)

:toxicroak: Poison Spreading :toxicroak:

:ss/toxicroak:
Toxicroak Form 1

Type: Poison / Fighting
Stats: 90 / 120 / 80 / 80 / 80 / 80 [530]
Abilities: Serene Grace / Mold Breaker
Movepool Changes: +Slack Off, Poison Fang, Close Combat, Taunt
Role: Stallbreaker

Toxicroak Form 2

Type: Poison / Dark
Stats: 90 / 65/ 100 / 110 / 100 / 65
Abilities: Poison Point / Corrosion
Movepool Changes: +Slack Off, U-Turn
Role: Mixed Wall

Toxicroak Form 3

Type: Ghost / Fighting
Stats: 80 / 70 / 60 / 130 / 70 / 120
Abilities: Mold Breaker / Merciless
Movepool Changes: +Shadow Ball, Hex, Toxic Spikes
Role: Special Sweeper

Toxicroak Form 4

Type: Normal / Fighting
Stats: 85 / 115 / 70 / 60 / 70 / 130
Abilities: Poison Touch
Movepool Changes: +Close Combat, Tail Slap, U-Turn
Role: Physical Pivot

As you can see, I've still got quite some things I want to figure out before submitting this. As such I wanted to hear suggestions from the community on what they think of the concept and if there are any ways of improving it

:ss/dragapult: :ss/landorus-therian: :ss/mew:
The Magic Number
Summary: This mod aims to create a National Dex based metagame where evert single fully evolved Pokémon has a BST of 600.

Slates will consist of four Pokémon, where submitters can give each Pokémon any spread they want as long as it is balanced, makes sense, and adds up to 600. They will explain how this Pokémon benefits from this spread. The Pokémon will then recieve that spread and be added to the metagame. (Yes, this will be a limited meta that grows as more Pokémon are added)

Rules:
1. No other aspect of a Pokémon may be changed, only its stats, even for potential balance changes in the future.
2. Mega Evolutions will have a BST of 700.
3. In-battle Forms' BST will be 600 + (og form BST - og base BST) Ex: Darmanitan 600 + (540 - 480) = 660. Forms that add more than 100 BST (Greninja, Zygarde, Wishiwashi) will be brought to 100, meaning no Pokémon will go below 600 or above 700.

Before the mod begins there will be a poll asking people if they want to rework Pokémon that already have a BST of 600, or keep them as is. If the majority wants to keep them, they will immediately be added into the format. (Slate 0).

FoolhardyWindingAphid-max-1mb.gif
Alpha_mariru.png
Alpha_honouguma.png
Alpha_kurusu.png
12c0c39ba4f4ee36939aafc9f60081d04e65dbb2_00.gif

Crystal: Sevii Islands
The year is 2001, you have been playing Pokémon Crystal, have beaten Red, and completed the Pokédex. Around Christmas time, your grandmother brings you something released exclusively in Japan, but she got it for you! It’s Pokemon Crystal: The Sevii Islands.

Description:snorlax:
Add brand new Pokémon (Fakemon), moves, and items to the GSC OU Metagame. (GSC OU Based Format.)

Goal:cloyster:
The goal is to diversify the GSC OU meta and create additions as if generations after generation 2 never existed. The additions will be made as if Pokémon Crystal: The Sevii Islands is a sequel to the original Pokémon Crystal. Flavor wise, this would mean Fakemon should be based as if they exist in the Sevii Islands. Imagine it as if Game Freak asked you to be a part of the creation of the Pokémon Crystal sequel.

Slates:Zapdos:
Slates will consist of Fakemon slates, new move slates, and new item slates.

For Fakemon slates, they will mostly be broken into two parts. First, submitters will come up with concepts for Fakemon and vote for the best ones, and second, submitters will create and submit Fakemon based on the winning concepts.

There will also be flavor slates where a certain flavor inspired concept will be given as the prompt for Fakemon submissions. (This is done to diversify the flow of slates.)

Slates will mostly follow a pattern similar to this: Fakemon - Move - Item.

Council
JosJetPaulluxxAlbatross

Last edited:

woo

You'll be UNDER MY WHEELS
is a Pre-Contributor
:unown: Alpha (bet) Pokémon :unown:
The goal of this mod is pretty simple: Making a Fakemon meta consisted with Fakemon made around three words.

How will the slates be done: Each slate, i will go in a Random Word Generator and generate 9 different words for the slate. Then the person submitting it would have to pick 3 words from the 9-word pool and make a fakemon around it (the words can be both competitive elements & flavor-based, but the mon should have something that fits with each of the words). Then the voting phase would begin and the 2 subs with most votes would win.

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
EXTREME REBOOT
Ever since I've run EXTREME ROULETTEMONS, I've been thinking about how a mod would work with a similar structure, but without the restraints RNG gives. For those of you who aren't aware or haven't heard me talking about this idea on Discord, EXTREME ROULETTEMONS is a mod that reconstructs the entire game from scratch with only the stats remaining the same - type charts, items, abilities, and moves are all completely scrapped in favor of user-submitted ones. Since the RNG aspect isn't there anymore, I can do a few things differently...

- For Step 1, users will submit type charts. These can have any number of types in them, from just 1 to some crazy number like 50 if the submitter so pleases, although it'd be nice to have something smaller than what mainline Pokemon has but is big enough to reduce redundancy within types. You can make them nonsensical, but in EXTREME ROULETTEMONS, the best type charts tended to be the ones that made sense from an outsider's perspective, with an example being Avian beating Piscine because birds are natural predators for fish. You're allowed to make the type matchups go however you please, make the next Steel-type for all I care.
- For Step 2, we will do something different and allow people to submit statuses. Burn, Sleep, et cetera won't exist anymore, so it'll be up to the users to fill in the gaps there. I'll probably allow you to submit 7 or so, but this and the type chart slate are the only places where voting will happen. Only one type chart is voted in, and only three to seven statuses will exist.
- For Step 3, users will submit moves. Each user will get to add up to ten in total, and there's going to be little restraint on what they do with this. The one exception is something where counterplay would be exceptionally constraining, like making a move that instantly knocks out any opponent that isn't of a specific type. Other than that, you're free to do what you want. They can all be status moves, they can all be one type, I don't care. Ideally we don't want too many entry hazards, though, and there may be a rule limiting this in some way even if I haven't thought of one specifically just yet. Volatile statuses similar to Curse and Leech Seed are allowed to be made here, but you don't have to do anything with those. Just note that existing ones will be scrapped even if you can make ones with similar or identical functions.
- For Step 4, users will submit abilities. Each user will get seven at most. It's worth noting that there will be zero limit on what gets added, you can make Wonder Guard 2 for all I care. The reason this is after Step 3 is because people are supposed to make things like weather in Step 3.
- For Step 5, users will submit items. This is where balance will really start being enforced. I don't want any items that are too centralizing or will limit what Pokemon are allowed to be made, since all of them will be able to access these items. You have to build Pokemon with items in mind unless there's an ability like Klutz, and I don't want anyone to be overly limited in that way.
- For Step 6, users will submit Pokemon. I will probably submit one single-typed Pokemon of each type in advance to set a power level, and then I'll have 2 or 3 slates for people to submit Pokemon where I won't submit anything. Everyone will be able to submit exactly one Pokemon for each slate, and everything will automatically get in unless the council steps in and vetoes something. Once you post a Pokemon, you cannot change it unless a council member asks you to veto it.

A few miscellaneous things to note or ask...

- I will 90% be forming a council before the mod starts. There are a lot of customs, and with EXTREME ROULETTEMONS, the amount was way too great for me to reasonably add to a spreadsheet in the time frame I gave myself. I made many mistakes and oversights, and if nothing else, would need a team for just spreadsheet editing, although it'd be nice to get feedback from a tighter group about competitive stuff like vetoes and bans. I'm not just going to leave the spreadsheet to the public out of fear that someone messes with it in some way. No guarantee I add everyone to council, but DM me if you would be interested in joining regardless.
- There will not be a signups list similar to EXTREME ROULETTEMONS. I wanted there to be an even number of things for that mod, but found that it really didn't matter in the end and that people would skip out on submitting stuff way too much for it to be worth anything.

- For the moves slate, I thought of the idea of giving people one slot to add an important element of some kind, mainly being field effects and hazards. Each person would only get one of those three, and they'd get to make one move of that category. Should I give people this limit? If so, how should I go about making such a limit assuming I don't know how many people will participate in this mod?
- Are there any oversights or issues I've missed with this idea? Is there anything that could be exploited, and is there a way to make a defined and specific rule to counteract that?
- I'm keeping EXTREME in the name no matter what to display the similarity between these two mods, but can anyone think of any other improvements? I'm happy with this name but do like hearing others' input, and someone can definitely add something I'd like more.
- Anything else?

Pet Mod Name: Submitter's Substitute
Pet Mod Concept: Each submitters submit only 1 Pokemon that'll be their substitute in this mod, then they can change them in the way they want.
Explanation: This mod will not have slate system. This will basically start out with users submit their substitute mon, then adapt it to counter newer mons other users submit later on. This pet mod will base the power level on OU.

Miscellaneous:
- Since only one submitter can submits one mons, should the mons have their submitter's name or just their original name?

And that's it (I think?), hope once this pet mod exist, there'll be more than 3 or 4 submitters. Oh wait, that can be led to another question

- Is one mon per submitter too less?

Inversemons
At the beginning of the mod, we take the types and come up with "polar opposite" types as best we can. Then, we use those types and come up with "polar opposite" moves using the type conversion. Example:
Water -> Fire
Hydro Pump -> Fire Blast
then, we take all the mons that are that type and switch their typing, then we switch their learnsets.

This started as a joke in Discord but then I said I'd post it:

:alcremie-ruby swirl: :alcremie-caramel swirl: :alcremie-rainbow swirl:Alcremie Cup :alcremie-ruby cream: :alcremie-matcha cream: :alcremie-salted cream:

-The metagame is based on Doubles OU
-All Alcremie formes are given unique stats, movepool, and typing. New formes could be added as well since there are only 8.
-Each forme's Decorate is customized, but they all must only effect the target and only in a positive way
-There are two win conditions: run out of PP on Decorate on one pokemon, or have been Decorated more times than your opponent by the time one side is down to one pokemon

So this is obviously pretty memey, but I actually think there is some potential for really interesting concepts based around doubles mechanics and the unique win conditions. Two Scarf or Prankster pokemon Decorating each other would seem to rack up points as fast as possible, and defeat an opponent who attacks. However, Follow Me would counter this by drawing the opponent's Decorate to your own team, giving an extra point to yourself (and stealing the boosts). If you get a lead on Decorates and a big stat boost you can try to sweep the opponent. Taunt can shut down Follow Me and Decorate. Between all of that theres a potential for some layers to the metagame.

I know the Pet Mods community doesn't have many Doubles players so we'd probably make some suboptimal choices, but I think it'd be a good time regardless. I'm curious what people think of this; would it be chaotic and fun, or would it devolve into something that lacks any depth or diversity of strategy (or both)? Would this be more fun if the wincon was just KOing the opponent?

Last edited:
:ss/metagross: :ss/typhlosion: :ss/garchomp:
Move Aside
Summary: This is a National Dex based metagame which aims to convert moves originally found in Pokémon side series (and LGPE) into moves usable for the main series. The moves will be changed to main game standards and will be distributed to Pokémon. Rules for submissions are really simple:

Rules:
1. Make the move make sense with the name it has. (Dont make 'Thunder Jolt' an Rock type move) It can vary widely from the original move or be very similar to it, as long as it makes sense with the name.
2. Full clones of existing moves are not allowed. Partial clones however, will be allowed.
3. Do not make the move broken or uncompetitive. (Please do not give moves a humongous bp with no drawbacks or a move whose only effect is to be uncompetitive)
4. Due to the new moves (and the gen 8 status moves) not having specified z-status moves, all non-signature z-crystals will be banned. This also means that new move submissions can be z-moves as long as they are signature.

Name: (Name of the move. This cannot be edited in anyway from its original name)
Type: (Type of the move)
BP: (The Base Power of the move. Put "-" here if it is a status or variable power move, explain the power in "Other Effects")
Acc: (Accuracy of the move, place a "-" if its a self targeting status move or if the move cant miss)
PP: (Max PP of the move)
Contact?: (Does the move make contact?)
Secondary Effect: (Only list effects that are nullified by Sheer Force here, ex. Flamethrower burn, Moonblast stat drop, Anchor Shot trap)
Other Effects: (List any other effects here, ex. Superpower stat drop, Revelation Dance type change, Thousand Waves trap. Also list any abilities that have a special interaction with the move.)
Users: (List all the Pokémon that will learn this move here. Remember to include :smeargle:, and, if applicable, :mew: unless it is a z-move.)
Name: Feraligatr Impact
Type: Dark
BP: 120
Acc: 80
PP: 16
Contact?: Yes
Secondary Effect: 20% chance to drop opponents Attack
Other Effects: Boosted by Strong Jaw
Users: :feraligatr: :smeargle:

Voting Rules: TBD

Resources: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...cDLXmre2TLdZ4kfxDe5rDL5mpIE/edit?usp=drivesdk
(If anyone knows if I am missing any moves from these series, or any other series that adds between 4 and 50 moves, please message me here on Smogon, or on Discord, see below)

Council:
:melmetal: Double Iron Bash :melmetal:
(Message me on Smogon or Discord (@Krankenwagen#5459) if you want to be on the council)

:tyrantrum:Democratic Tyrants:tyranitar:
This is a micrometa where everyone subs fakemon based on a slate. But after submissions end, that is where it gets interesting. After submissions end anyone who made a sub has the ability to send me a slogan on why they should be chosen though private messages. After some time a special voting will start. I will list all of the slogans I received in a list randomly. Everyone gets to vote on which slogan is the best without knowing who say which one. Whoever's slogan wins becomes the tyrant. The tyrant gets to then vote for one of the original submissions. They are the only person who votes so whoever they vote for gets in.

Pokemon's Name:
Type:
Abilities:
Stats:
Movepool:
Description:

Slogan Voting: Vote for the one slogan you like the most.

Council: Just me for now If you'd like you can message me for a council application.​

Last edited:
Fresh Takes V4
Each slate, 3 pokemon and 3 "Takes" are posted. Each pokemon must be submitted to fit one of the 3 Takes. Takes contain a rule for the pokemon's Typing, Stats, Ability, and Movepool, which all must be followed. You can submit multiple pokemon based on the same Take, but you may not submit one pokemon multiple times.

EX: The three pokemon are
, &

and the three Takes are:

Take 1: filler
Take 2: filler
Take 3: filler

You are allowed submit
, &
all under Take 1
You are not allowed to submit
for Take 1,
for Take 2,
for Take 3, because you submitted Charizard multiple times.

For Type, the rule of a Take is based around being single/double typed, and keeping/changing the original type of the pokemon
For Stats, the rule of a Take is based around placing certain limits on base stats. (Unless there is an exception, the maximum BST of a pokemon cannot be above 570)
For Abilities, the rule of a Take is more varied than all the rest. Sometimes it will be based on Singles ability rankings, other times it will not
For Movepool, the rule of a Take is based on movepool additions/removals, which can also be based on type changes

As for custom moves/abilities, they may only be added to a pokemon when a Take allows them to be added, and they must be balanced & easy to code.

Voting will be based on the pokemon, not the Take. In our example, you would vote for the
, &
you want to add to the meta, rather than the Take 1, Take 2, or Take 3 you want to add to the meta.

You will vote for 3 of each pokemon in order: 1st gets 3 points, 2nd gets 2 points, 3rd gets 1 point.

For self votes, you may vote for any of your own submissions, but they cannot be 1st place.

Fresh Takes has always been a really cool concept to me, but V3 is dead and the owner has not posted on smogon for over a year. This would be a reboot of Fresh Takes V3, meaning that we would be starting from scratch.

I am still determining whether this should be based on Gen 8 OU, or if it should be a micrometa. Feedback is appreciated!

Ema Skye

Work!
:exeggutor-alola: Castaways :corsola:
(another game style Pet Mod)​

In Castaways, players sign up for a micrometa that is built entirely from scratch. The player list is set for the mod and so I will not be taking signups once it begins (exceptions being replacements since I realize this mod would have a decent time commitment). Unlike Microemta Mafia, there are no saboteurs so everyone's goals are the same: make a healthy meta.

The main thing that makes Castaways distinct its its permanent elimination. The voting phase votes for the winning subs that will be added to the meta, but also an elimination vote. The player with the most votes can no longer submit additions to the mod. Outside players (including eliminated players) can vote for the winning sub but cannot vote for eliminations. Ideally, the worst sub would be the one eliminated but nothing requires it. This process of submit and vote repeats until there are two people left. Then there is one last submission phase with a community vote to decide the winner of the mod. The prize for winning is that each submission from the winner gets "-winner's name" suffix added to them.

Things I'd like feedback on:
  • given the set player list and the gradual dwindling down of players, how many people should I take?​
  • fakemon or changed realmons?​
  • is this core mechanic good or would it benefit from other twists/mechanics? (example: winner of previous round cannot be voted off in current round)​

Pet Mod Name:Item-Pokemon Swap
Pet Mod Concept:A Pet Mod where Pokemon are turned into items and items are turned into Pokemon
Explanation:Each slate,2 Pokemon and 2 Items will be chosen by the council to be swapped(with some FFA slates thrown in every once in a while).This will be a meta where the original Pokemon and Items are unable to be used(a micrometa).
Rules
1.Be sensible.Don't do 150 Attack with Huge Power or something like that.
2.Keep item effects simple.If an Item is overly complex it will be vetoed.
3.While you can take a decent amount of creative liberty with your subs,have them make some sense Ex:No making Wise Lens an SD sweeper when it boosts Special Attack.
4.Custom elements are allowed,but keep them simple.Clones of existing things are preferred.
Example subs:
Item Being Swapped:Focus Sash
Role(s):Suicide Lead,Setup Sweeper
Type:Ground/Electric
Ability:Sturdy(Unburden)
Stats:70/120/80/90/70/130(BST:460)
Notable Moves:Earthquake,Zing Zap,Spikes,Stealth Rock,Thunder Wave,Swords Dance,Blah Blah
Description:Focus Sash users are often fast,frail leads wanting an extra turn to do what they do,or setup sweepers.This is both.Sturdy is obvious for ability.
Competitive Description:Yes
Pokemon Being Swapped:Kartana
Item Effects:The holder has 1.2* higher Attack.
Description:Big katana go brrrrrrrr
Competitive Description:Gives a nice,drawbackless boost to Attack.
Miscellaneous:This idea was submitted by ChoiceScarfed a little while ago,but they seem to be inactive so it should be fine to submit this.
Council is just :quagsire:me:quagsire:for now.DM me on Smogon if you want to be council.

Last edited:

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
:rb/venusaur: Multiverse :bw/venusaur:

In Multiverse, we will have 6 Pokemon of each Generation and each of those Pokemon will fullfil any niche they had in any generation. The goal is to make a balanced metagame, where all of this Pokemon have at least one viable niche.

How will it work? Each slate will consist of a Generation, meaning there will be 8 slates in total. In these slates, you can submit a Pokemon from that Generation and you can select a role/niche that they had in any Generation and any tier. Buffing them is allowed so that they can fullfil this niche better.

Slate 1
Slate 1 will be Generation, so I would pick these mons: :venusaur::kangaskhan::chansey::zapdos::exeggutor::alakazam:
Okay, I have my 6 mons what now? (Disclaimer, you don't need to sub 6 mons, it's just the limit)

Now let's look at each mon. What Venusaur would be interesting? I really like the playstyle that Venusaur has in DPP UU. Maybe that could work?

:dp/venusaur:
Venusaur is the king of DPP UU. It's bulky, its STABs Sludge Bomb and Leaf Storm are amazing and it has both recovery and Sleep Powder. Since this is a Gen 8 mod, HP doesn't exist, so it would need new options for it. Mystical Fire makes up for its loss of HP, Slack Off is a better recovery move and base 102 Atk for more viable phyiscal sets.

Niche: DPP UU
Changes: +Mystical Fire, +Slack Off, +20 Atk, -Chlorophyll

Next up, I wanna do RBY Zapdos.

:rb/zapdos:
Zapdos is the best Electric-type in RBY OU. It is a late-game sweeper and a great mixed attacker. Its main set uses Thunder Wave to slow down its opponents, therefore I'm going to give it a new ability that allows it to use Thunder Wave against Electric-types. In addition to that I want to give it more Atk to make it a better mixed attacker and more SpD cause of its high Special in RBY.

Niche: RBY OU
Changes: +New Ability, +10 Atk, +10 SpD

I could go on, but I think you get the idea. (Still gonna share some ideas)
:kangaskhan: ADV UU
:chansey: GSC UU
:exeggutor: RBY OU
:alakazam: BW OU
Code:
[B]Pokémon[/B]:
[B]Niche[/B]:
[B]Stats[/B]:
[B]Type[/B]: [IMG]http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/types/.png[/IMG][IMG]http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/types/.png[/IMG]
[B]Abilities[/B]:
[B]New Moves[/B]:
[B]Removed Moves[/B]:

[B]Descriptions[/B]:
:dp/Venusaur:
Pokémon: Venusaur
Niche: DPP UU
Stats: 80/102/83/100/100/80 (545)
Type:

Abilities: Overgrow
New Moves: Mystical Fire, Slack Off
Removed Moves: -

:rb/Zapdos:
Pokémon: Zapdos
Niche: RBY OU
Stats: 90/100/85/125/100/100 (600)
Type:

Abilities: Pure Voltage (This Pokemon can paralyse other Pokemon regardless of their typing)
New Moves: -
Removed Moves: -

Rules:
  1. Custom Elements are allowed as long as they help the Pokemon fullfil their role. Existing Elements can be changed as long as they are a signature move, ability or item.
  2. Ubers are allowed, but they have to be adjusted to the power level of the mod.
  3. You are allowed to make multiple subs for the same format. (If you are a real fan of ADV OU, all of your Pokemon can fullfil this niche)
  4. Unnecessary additions will not be tolerated. For example, my Venusaur doesn't have Chlorophyll, because Venusaur didn't have it in DPP UU and it doesn't add anything to its niche there.
Which Rulesets will this mod have?
The Standard Ruleset of SS OU. That means no Z-Moves, Megas, Pursuit or Hidden Power.

What if a dexited Element is crucial for the functioning of the Pokemon?
It depends on the dexited Element. Z-Moves won't return because of problems with the code and general metagame. Hidden Power is really crucial for past gen mons, but they can be replaced with any move that has similar strength. Pursuit is crucial to some Pokemon, so they would gain this move and be the only users of this mod.

What about niches that Mega Evolutions have?
If you submit Charizard, you are allowed to submission for ORAS OU. In this case, Charizard is allowed to be buffed to better fullfil the niche of either of its Megas.

What do I do when I wanted to submit a Blastoise, but someone else took that Pokemon?
You either chose a different niche for Blastoise (i.e. you do ADV UU when the other person did BW UU) or you do a submission for the same niche, but a different approach.

Am I allowed to submit a SS Niche for a Pokemon?
For sure.

Other Stuff: The council only consists of me currently and I'm going to be the coder of this mod.

Any open questions? Feedback is really appreciated!

Cross Evolution: UNLEASHED

Premise
You know what Cross Evolution is? Y'know, that OM that "cross evolves" Pokémon by giving them stats boosts, new moves, and abilities based off of a different Pokémon? Well, this Pet Mod is exactly like that, but you can only use Stage 1 Pokémon, only Pokemon that have a three-stage evolution lines are able to "cross evolve", and it's in the National Dex format, and finally, you can use two other Pokémon that are from the same evolution line to "cross evolve" the Pokémon! Sounds complex? I'll give you an example!

Croagunk is a Stage 1 Pokémon that evolves into a Stage 2 Pokémon, but just because it's evolution is Stage 2, doesn't mean it has to "cross evolve" into another Stage 2 Pokémon. So, because of that, it can cross evolve into a different evolution line that has a Stage 3, like the Dreepy line. So, you have to add up the stat boosts that Dreepy gets from Drakloak and the stat boosts Drakloak gets from Dragapult. After that, it's +60 HP, +60 Attack, +45 Defense, +60 Special Attack, +45 Special Defense, and +60 Speed. It's abilities are Clear Body, Infiltrator, and Cursed Body. The result of the "cross evolution" is below:

:ss/croagunk:
Croagunk (Crossed Evolved from the Dreepy line)
New Abilities: Clear Body / Infiltrator / Cursed Body
New Stats: 108/121/85/121/85/110
Typing: Poison/Fighting (Not changed because the Dreepy line's typing does not change throughout evolution)

In addition, Croagunk will get 2 new moves of your choice from the Dreepy line.

Ruleset
(TBD just in case of metagame changes!!!)
Clauses:
Standard Uber Clauses
Dynamax Clause
Evolutionary Clause - Each evolution line can only be used one per team)

Pokémon Bans:
:type-null: - Type: Null
:sneasel: - Sneasel
:corsola-galar: - Corsola-G

Evolutionary Restrictions:
:shedinja: - Shedinja
:solgaleo: :lunala: - Solgaleo and Lunala
:chansey: - Chansey

Ability Bans
Huge Power and Pure Power
Gorilla Tactics
Ice Scales
Arena Trap
Shadow Tag
Moody

Item Bans
:kings-rock: King's Rock
:razor-fang: Razor Fang

Move Bans
Baton Pass

F.A.Q.
Q: Does Evolite work?
A: Evolite doesn't work on Pokémon that are cross-evolved.

Q: Do signature items work?
A: Only on the vanilla Pokémon.

Council
A Golden Waddle Dee :salamence:
Ask to apply by DM'ing here or on Discord! ( am the Impostor#0325)

Questions
- Should I change anything else up, or are the current changes enough?
- Is this an idea that sticks out to you?

Thank you for reading this submission! :)​

:ss/raboot: :ss/kirlia: :ss/sliggoo: :ss/braixen: :ss/servine:
Ultimate Middle Cup

Description: This is a National Dex based micrometa in which only the middle Pokémon can be used. The Pokémon will be changed and buffed to an OU power level.

Rules:
1. Any aspect of the Pokémon can be changed as long as it is balanced and makes sense.
2. Only custom abilities will be allowed (no moves/items). Please keep them somewhat simple.
3. Pokémon that had a fully evolved form with a mega/z-move/gmax will get one instead. (ex. Mega Gabite).

Note: Due to the Pokémon being much stronger, Eviolite will be banned.
Name:
Type:
Abilities:
Stats:

New Moves:
Removed Moves:

Competitive Description:
:ss/Luxio:
Name: Luxio
Type: Electric/Dark
Abilities: Strong Jaw/Intimidate, Anger Point
Stats: 100/130/75/70/60/102, 537

New Moves: Bulk Up, Swords Dance, Volt Tackle
Removed Moves: None

Competitive Description: Hits very strong with Strong Jaw boosted Crunch and has decent speed, allowing it to be a good set-up sweeper.
Voting Rules:
Submission Phase: 5-6 days
Voting Phase: 1-2 days

You may vote for a maximum of 5 people for each Pokémon. You may only vote your own sub in first place for only 1 Pokémon.

Resources:
To-Do List: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...GH0st3r-HYCeSyfgIPcGTcII4Ck/edit?usp=drivesdk

Council:
:drakloak:Double Iron Bash:drakloak:
:hattrem:Moretto:hattrem:
(DM me here on Smogon or on Discord at Krankenwagen#5459 if you want to be on the council)

Last edited:
Blinded CAP
:SS/deino:

Description: A micrometa consist of 30 fakemon. For each slates, the submitter submit their CAP idea, similar to the CAP rule, by DM the host. After a few day, the host run a polls to chose the favourite idea. After the favourite role has been chosen, the submitter submit the whole fakemon for that role, still by DM the host. We then run small polls for each information, like name, abilities, typing, stats, movepool. The final product of the slate consist of the most voted for every information(and the runner-ups will get the second slot).
Rules: You shall not vote yourself. Don't discuss to find the original creator of each submission when it's undone. Don't make super specific custom abilities and don't make custom moves.

-Bulky Fast Pivot
Pokemon Name:
Type:
Ability:
Stats:
Movepools(we don't vote for this, the movepool will be chosen with the pokemon type):
Explaination(just to make sure if the fakemon you submit fits the role):

Voting Rules:
Idea Phase: 2 days
Submission Phase: 3-4 days
Voting Phase: 1-2 days​

Council: None rn but me, DM me if you would like to be the co-host(when i can't host myself if sth struck me irl) DM Rune#0204
(This is kinda a blindsided rip off :P Tell me if you want to take it down or sth)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)