Resource Pet Mods Workshop Thread

Ema Skye

Work!
Cheaper Ubers:
So it’s National Dex OU based, and through slates, Ubers Pokemon will be nerfed to fit in a healthy metagame. You can add up to 20 points per stat, remove how many you want, but groups have to end with the same BST.

Exemples:
Dracovish
Water/Dragon
90/75(-15)/100/70/95(+15)/75
Movepool: +Flip Turn, -Scald, +Dragon Tail
Abilities: Regenerator, Rain Dish, Sand Rush
So it is now a nice pivot, it’s bulk isn’t amazing but it’s way less passive than Toxapex. It has now lost Strong Jaw and 15 Atk so won’t hit that hard.

Yveltal
Dark/Flying
126/101(-30)/75(-20)/111(-20)/75(-20)/89(-10)
Movepool: -Toxic, +Tera Blast
Abilities: Dark Aura
So Yahvultal is just globally weakened, it’s slower, hits less, has a worse bulk. I think it’s outclassed by many Pokémon like Tornadus.

Xerneas
Fairy/Grass
116(-10)/111(-20)/95/81(-50)/95/99
Movepool: +Synthesis, +Swords Dance, -Toxic, +Moonlight, +Tera Blast
Abilities: Fairy Aura
Xerneas now hits way weaker on the special side and has a better physical offensive potential, because deers actually use their horns and cover legendary shouldn’t hit on the same side. It could be good defensively but it’s type isn’t great. I wanted to both nerf it and make it more realistic.

A scheme like this should be used:
Name
Type
Stats
Movepool
Abilities
Reasoning
You’re not allowed to change moves themselves or abilities. Also imo Toxic and Scald should be removed from everyone to follow SV’s direction.

I was told trading Pokémon in battle wasn’t implementable btw?
This was done last gen with Ubermons, which recently ended. I think it's too soon to do the idea again.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
chess mons.png
Pet Mod Name: The Chess Dex (alternatively, "No items, Delphox only, Final Destination")
Pet Mod Concept: A micrometa focusing on in-battle skill as opposed to team-building, with only six available Pokemon and the removal of luck-based mechanics.
Explanation: There will only be six Pokemon available. Only signature items will be available (one per Pokemon). Pokemon will learn a limited amount of viable moves. This means the players will have "the same pieces" like in chess (the same Pokemon with the same items). Additionally, critical hits, luck-based secondary effects and abilities are completely removed from the metagame.

Miscellaneous: The six Pokemon will be decided by the community one by one. There will be no rules in regards to their roles. If the community decides on adding 6 stall or 6 hyper-offense Pokemon, so be it.

There are six types of chess pieces (Pawn, Knight, Bishop, Rook, Queen, King) but submissions won't need to match chess pieces. For example, there won't be a rule forcing "a weak mon" or "a mon with Slow Start" to represent a Pawn. Also, losing your "King" will not count as an instant loss. If people want to submit thematic Pokemon like Pawniard for Pawn or Tsareena for Queen, that's fine.

The micrometa will be open to any mechanics such as Megas, Z-Moves, Ultra Burst, Dynamax and Terastal. However, the mechanics will be Pokemon-locked (If somebody submits a Rook that can Dynamax, the King won't be able to Dynamax, only the Rook will). As for mechanics that you can pick on the teambuilder such as picking Dynamax vs Gigantamax, picking different Tera types, picking non-signature Z-Crystals, and picking X and Y Megas, those are all banned. Remember, the players will have "the same pieces."

Questions:
How many moves should the "pieces" have? 1 to 4 moves so people have IDENTICAL pieces?
What should be done about EVs (and IVs)? Should people have ACTUALLY IDENTICAL pieces?

Vantage Point.png

(Temporary Banner that will most likely be replaced with something much better eventually)
:furret:Vantage Point:luxray:
Description: Each slate, a name for a move/ability will be given. This can be turned into a custom move or ability. A submitter will make it a custom signature for their fakemon they make for it. The custom element must be something that the pokemon would want to run on most if not every set. The previous winner will be tasked with coming up with the name of the next custom world, or they can give the task over to the council if they choose so. This mod would be a gen 9 micrometa with a council (currently no one). Terastal is most likely a goner.

Explanation: An example is at the start of the slate the name is "Death Touch". Someone's submission could be something like the pokemon in the example below. Someone else could make something completely different like a Ghost-type clone of Anchor Shot.
:cubone::gengar:
Pokemon: Grimanic (Grimm + Manic)
Type: Ghost/Poison
Abilities: Death Touch (H: Pressure)
Stats: 90/110/95/75/95/80 (BST: 545)
Notable Moves: Swords Dance, Poltergeist, Poison Jab, Darkest Lariat, U-Turn, Taunt, Toxic, Thunder Wave
Death Touch - This pokemon's Ghost-type moves become contact. This pokemon's contact moves deal 1.2x damage.
Description: Contact Poltergeists with slightly weaker Tough Claws works wonders with SD, PJab, U-Turn, & Taunt to boot.

Questions:
- Is this meta unique enough compared to other ideas?
- Would anyone be willing to even participate in this mod?

Council
:palpitoad: PalpitoadChamp

Last edited:
- What action should be taken against Terastal?
- How should the custom element names be chosen?
1. Correct me if i'm wrong, but this really reminds me of the Two-Step Mod, except its now more uh, one step. Not that it's a bad thing? If it's unique enough though, i'm not entirely sure.
2. I don't think Terastal should be in this mod. It'll give more focus to the customs that will be made imo
3. hi give me :rightgrab: :leftgrab:

RPG mons:
So EVs don't affect stats anymore, instead, you will gain bonuses:
Hp=Thief=Up to 50 Critical hit.
Atk=Barbar=Up to x1.5 Resisted damage
Def=Druid=Up to x0.75 super effective damage
SpAtk=Engineer= Up to x1.5 super effective damage
SpDef=Prayer= Incoming Pokemons take up to x0.75 damage
Speed=Archer=Up to 1.3 accuracy
Bonuses would be attributed by slates of 30 EVs.

Cheaper Ubers:
So it’s National Dex OU based, and through slates, Ubers Pokemon will be nerfed to fit in a healthy metagame. You can add up to 20 points per stat, remove how many you want, but groups have to end with the same BST.

Exemples:
Dracovish
Water/Dragon
90/75(-15)/100/70/95(+15)/75
Movepool: +Flip Turn, -Scald, +Dragon Tail
Abilities: Regenerator, Rain Dish, Sand Rush
So it is now a nice pivot, it’s bulk isn’t amazing but it’s way less passive than Toxapex. It has now lost Strong Jaw and 15 Atk so won’t hit that hard.

Yveltal
Dark/Flying
126/101(-30)/75(-20)/111(-20)/75(-20)/89(-10)
Movepool: -Toxic, +Tera Blast
Abilities: Dark Aura
So Yahvultal is just globally weakened, it’s slower, hits less, has a worse bulk. I think it’s outclassed by many Pokémon like Tornadus.

Xerneas
Fairy/Grass
116(-10)/111(-20)/95/81(-50)/95/99
Movepool: +Synthesis, +Swords Dance, -Toxic, +Moonlight, +Tera Blast
Abilities: Fairy Aura
Xerneas now hits way weaker on the special side and has a better physical offensive potential, because deers actually use their horns and cover legendary shouldn’t hit on the same side. It could be good defensively but it’s type isn’t great. I wanted to both nerf it and make it more realistic.
A scheme like this should be used:
Name
Type
Stats
Movepool
Abilities
Reasoning
You’re not allowed to change moves themselves or abilities. Also imo Toxic and Scald should be removed from everyone to follow SV’s direction.
GoTierMons!
So it’d be a nerf process down to a low tier.
For Exemple, for GoUUMons:
Name: Houndstone
Typing: Ghost, Normal
Movepool: Last Respects*,
Abilities: Sand Rush, Fluffy (HA)
Last Respects: 80 BP, +15 for each fainted ally. Contact, Protect
So Houndstone itself is healthy IMO, but it’s move is too much. Here it hits harder immediately but fails at doing huge amount of damage.

It would like allow custom moves/abilities that are reworks of old, up to 50 BST by tier down, one type change and as many movepool changes you want.

PMD mode:
You can submit Capacicools from PMDDX, IQ capacities and all that is in PMD. Type Effectiveness are also the same that PMD, so it’s no longer x2/0.5

Terra Splicing

concept: The pokemon's tera typing becomes part of the pokemon's original typing but will be unavailbe to actually terrastilize, and if a pokemon already has a Dual type, then it's name would be the type you want to keep, and they will be treated as Terastilized so Tera Blast remains a Stab option for type 2 if the pokemon does not have moves of Tera type, however you cannot Tera to be the same type (for example, Palafin cannot be Tera Water and Skeledirge cannot be Tera Fire or Ghost)

Example

Flareon
Type: Fire
Tera Type: Grass
New Typing: Fire/Grass

Example 2
Poison (Clodsire)
Type: Ground/Poison
Tera Type: Ice
New Type: Ice/Poison

as you can see with these examples, they are both somewhat defensive in nature, allowing Flareon to take more hits from Water type moves and Clodsire to become neutral to Ice moves rather than be weak to them on top of a unique typing.

and due to the Nature of this pet mod, I'm not sure if it makes certain mons stronger and certain ones weaker, because they can be ANY type, so bans will have to include typing like for example, Palafin-Fighting. You can still use the mon, but you cannot use the Tera of that type so you will be unable to use a Water/Fighting Palafin, but you can still use a Water/Ice Palafin, but I'm sure this will be quite the hassle since you'll have to ban multiple of the same pokemon instead of just the one unless it's troublesome with any type, even more so when it's already a Stab move much like Palafin and Houndstone.

The name thing is used as a semi balance since it'll spell out what you are using like when you send out Arceus-Ghost or Silvallly-Fairy, giving one of your types away to your opponent, with the new type being a guessing game, making some Pure typing power houses even stronger like Palafin and Garganacl, but obviously if a Pokemon is banned itself and not just the tera type, then you cannot use the type like so
Palafin, Houndstone, and Flutter Mane

Chein-pao- Fighting
Zoroark- Flying, Fairy, Steel, Ghost, Normal, Fighting, and Ground

Chi-YU (Any). Reason: Without Tera Fire or Dark, the only Reliable thing it can use is Psychic or drop a type to play the more defensive card, but it could still be watched due to Screen+Nasty Plot Sets alongside it's Sp.Def dropping ability.

and due to the nature of it, I'm not sure what is even considered banworthy or not since some pokemon like Chi-yu would have to drop STAB Lava Plume/Flamethrower or Stab Dark Pulse due to not having a diverse move pool in terms of typing, and it's only other usable tera type Psychic, only gives Psychic, which is still strong, and just because it is no longer a Stab move, it doesn't mean it's not a strong move like Chein-Pao's Icicle Crash/Sucker Punch for an example.

but this also gives other sets of the pokemon a chance since it forces Pokemon to use a potentially type that limits it's ability to do things like Tinkaton- Fire would force it to be a Defensive Fire/Steel type or a Speedy Fire/Fairy type, but Iron Bundle might be forced to drop one of it's Stabs making Hydro Pump/Flip Turn or Freeze Dry/Ice Beam not as Reliable, but obviously it doesn't mean they can't use the same set with a more defensive typing like Water/Steel, but due to the nature, this might be too problematic as it entertains the idea of either Knocking the mon out or a guessing game until you get sweeped, and it makes Zoroark more banworthy because it could have a type combo that comes with a type immunity on top of it, and because it could be either of the mentioned Tinkaton, and you'll try to hit it with a Zen Headbutt or a Earthquake, but it doesn't affect it, and suddenly the Zoroark is at +4 thanks to Nasty plot or Belly Drum.

but obviously, most problematic pokemon like Iron Bundle and Flutter Mane could use the same usual set as always, albeit one of it's moves might not be as effective, but it'll still hit like a truck.

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
Terra Splicing

concept: The pokemon's tera typing becomes part of the pokemon's original typing but will be unavailbe to actually terrastilize, and if a pokemon already has a Dual type, then it's name would be the type you want to keep, and they will be treated as Terastilized so Tera Blast remains a Stab option for type 2 if the pokemon does not have moves of Tera type, however you cannot Tera to be the same type (for example, Palafin cannot be Tera Water and Skeledirge cannot be Tera Fire or Ghost)

Example

Flareon
Type: Fire
Tera Type: Grass
New Typing: Fire/Grass

Example 2
Poison (Clodsire)
Type: Ground/Poison
Tera Type: Ice
New Type: Ice/Poison

as you can see with these examples, they are both somewhat defensive in nature, allowing Flareon to take more hits from Water type moves and Clodsire to become neutral to Ice moves rather than be weak to them on top of a unique typing.

and due to the Nature of this pet mod, I'm not sure if it makes certain mons stronger and certain ones weaker, because they can be ANY type, so bans will have to include typing like for example, Palafin-Fighting. You can still use the mon, but you cannot use the Tera of that type so you will be unable to use a Water/Fighting Palafin, but you can still use a Water/Ice Palafin, but I'm sure this will be quite the hassle since you'll have to ban multiple of the same pokemon instead of just the one unless it's troublesome with any type, even more so when it's already a Stab move much like Palafin and Houndstone.

The name thing is used as a semi balance since it'll spell out what you are using like when you send out Arceus-Ghost or Silvallly-Fairy, giving one of your types away to your opponent, with the new type being a guessing game, making some Pure typing power houses even stronger like Palafin and Garganacl, but obviously if a Pokemon is banned itself and not just the tera type, then you cannot use the type like so
Palafin, Houndstone, and Flutter Mane

Chein-pao- Fighting
Zoroark- Flying, Fairy, Steel, Ghost, Normal, Fighting, and Ground

Chi-YU (Any). Reason: Without Tera Fire or Dark, the only Reliable thing it can use is Psychic or drop a type to play the more defensive card, but it could still be watched due to Screen+Nasty Plot Sets alongside it's Sp.Def dropping ability.

and due to the nature of it, I'm not sure what is even considered banworthy or not since some pokemon like Chi-yu would have to drop STAB Lava Plume/Flamethrower or Stab Dark Pulse due to not having a diverse move pool in terms of typing, and it's only other usable tera type Psychic, only gives Psychic, which is still strong, and just because it is no longer a Stab move, it doesn't mean it's not a strong move like Chein-Pao's Icicle Crash/Sucker Punch for an example.

but this also gives other sets of the pokemon a chance since it forces Pokemon to use a potentially type that limits it's ability to do things like Tinkaton- Fire would force it to be a Defensive Fire/Steel type or a Speedy Fire/Fairy type, but Iron Bundle might be forced to drop one of it's Stabs making Hydro Pump/Flip Turn or Freeze Dry/Ice Beam not as Reliable, but obviously it doesn't mean they can't use the same set with a more defensive typing like Water/Steel, but due to the nature, this might be too problematic as it entertains the idea of either Knocking the mon out or a guessing game until you get sweeped, and it makes Zoroark more banworthy because it could have a type combo that comes with a type immunity on top of it, and because it could be either of the mentioned Tinkaton, and you'll try to hit it with a Zen Headbutt or a Earthquake, but it doesn't affect it, and suddenly the Zoroark is at +4 thanks to Nasty plot or Belly Drum.

but obviously, most problematic pokemon like Iron Bundle and Flutter Mane could use the same usual set as always, albeit one of it's moves might not be as effective, but it'll still hit like a truck.
This is more of an OM than a pet mod. It also just feels like a worse Bonus Type.

(Ignore this, I have decided not to submit this for a while!)
:xerneas: Yggdrasil :yveltal:

Concept
Paradox Pokémon have been discovered in the Kalos region! Scientists hypothesize that these Paradox Pokémon are Pokémon that have been infused with life and death energy from the Legendary Pokémon Xerneas and Yveltal. Now, trainers from around the world are coming to Kalos to catch and train these Pokémon, both to keep the ecosystem of Kalos in check, and to be the strongest trainer of all (using Pokémon that are probably illegal to own.)

Explanation
The Paradox Pokémon added by this Pet Mod will be based off of the themes of the two box Legendaries of the Kalos region: Xerneas and Yveltal. More specifically, based off of the themes of life and death. As these are very broad themes, they can be interpreted however you like.

The Pokémon that are allowed in this Pet Mod, and the Pokémon that can be used as bases for Paradox Pokémon, are taken from the Kalos regional dexes, the Friend Safari, regional forms, and cross-generation evolutions. A full list of legal Pokémon can be found on this spreadsheet.

This will be using Gen 9's mechanics, with the addition of Mega Evolution.

Some requirements for subs:
  • All submissions must have either a BST of 570, or, if based off of Mega Pokémon, a BST of 590. Please do not make too many BST 590 submissions.
  • All submissions must use the respective custom abilities voted upon in Slate 0 and no other abilities.
  • All life Paradox Pokémon must have odd numbered base stats, while all death Paradox Pokémon must have even numbered base stats.
  • All submissions must follow the Paradox Pokémon naming conventions of being two words. No specific prefix is required. Be creative!
  • Submissions must be based off of Pokémon from the legal mons spreadsheet.
  • Submissions must share one type with the Pokémon it is based off of. Ideally, submissions should be dual-type, but this is not a hard rule.
  • You may create custom moves for your submission.

Each slate will vote in four Pokémon, two life and two death. You may submit up to four Pokémon, but it does not have to be two life and two death. You can submit all life, all death, three life and one death, or anything in between. You may vote for as many subs as you want.

Name:
Original Pokemon:
Type:
Ability:
Stats:
Paradox:

New Moves:
Removed Moves:

Description:

So far, I am the only Council member. If you are interested in joining the Council, please pm me.

Questions for Workshop
  • This is obviously inspired by Book of Enigmas, but I'm not completely sure if basing it off of Gen 6 is enough to distinguish itself from BoE. What can I do to improve the distinction? Is it already distinguished enough?
  • How many slates should I aim for here, not counting the initial Slate 0?​

Last edited:
UU are the champions (WIP)
Basically, it’s UU based and other tiers’ mons will be added, nerfed or buffed to suit the power level and not be broken.
Espathra
Flying/Psychic
75/60/60/100/60/105
Moveset:+Hurricane, Air Slash
It now as a bad typing, is weak to Ice shard, has a worse bulk...

Questions: Should unreleased mobs be allowed?
How should I capitalize PokeAAAbilities?
Should there be a BST limit?

Fusemons
Each slate, some Pokémon are given. Submissions must be fusions of certain of those. Exemple if the proposals are all Eeveelutions.
Yinyon
Fairy/Dark
Base: Espeon,Umbreon
95/60/65/110/130/60
Movepool: Fusion of both,+Moonblast
Ability: Adaptability
So as Espeon and Umbreon are complementary, I made an eeveelution around balance. Changed typing to fit the duality more. A bead on its forehead, a YinYang on it's whole face.

#bringbacknerfmons
#bringbacknerfmons#bringbacknerfmons#bringbacknerfmons#bringbacknerfmons#bringbacknerfmons#bringbacknerfmons#bringbacknerfmons#bringbacknerfmons#bringbacknerfmons#bringbacknerfmons#bringbacknerfmons#bringbacknerfmons

Last edited:

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
UU are the champions (WIP)
Basically, it’s UU based and other tiers’ mons will be added, nerfed or buffed to suit the power level and not be broken.
Espathra
Flying/Psychic
75/60/60/100/60/105
Moveset:+Hurricane, Air Slash
It now as a bad typing, is weak to Ice shard, has a worse bulk...

Questions: Should unreleased mobs be allowed?
How should I capitalize PokeAAAbilities?
Should there be a BST limit?

Fusemons
Each slate, some Pokémon are given. Submissions must be fusions of certain of those. Exemple if the proposals are all Eeveelutions.
Yinyon
Fairy/Dark
Base: Espeon,Umbreon
95/60/65/110/130/60
Movepool: Fusion of both,+Moonblast
Ability: Adaptability
So as Espeon and Umbreon are complementary, I made an eeveelution around balance. Changed typing to fit the duality more. A bead on its forehead, a YinYang on it's whole face.
Fusemons is much too similar to the Fusion Evolution series of Pet Mods. Based on your example, it seems to be more free on how exactly you combine the two Pokemon rather than a formulaic method of fusion, but the fact you're combining types and movepools makes it a bit too similar. I don't think there's a way to change the concept enough to differentiate it from Fusion Evolution, unfortunately.

UU Are the Champions is also similar to Nerfmons, except with a higher power level. Once again, I can't think of a way to differentiate the two, sorry.

Feel free to participate in both FE and Nerfmons when they come back (is Nerfmons being revived? I thought it was cool).

Ema Skye

Work!
Transmutations

This is an OU-based tier with smaller fusion mechanics, but it is done differently than FE.

The fusions take two Pokemon as the fusion components to buff another Pokemon. A winning fusion will REMOVE these two Pokemon from the tier. When buffing a Pokemon, there are a few rules, as the Pokemon being buffed:
  • cannot share a type with either fusion component
  • cannot share an ability with either fusion component
  • must have a similar (+/-10) BST to the average of the two components (round down)
When fusing two Pokemon together, the buffed Pokemon gets:
  • a new ability (this becomes its ONLY ability)
  • +10% of the average BST of the components added to its BST to all stats (round down)
  • up to 8 moves from the components (can be 4:4, 8:0 or anything in between)
Here's an example:

:garganacl: + :baxcalibur:
:garganacl: 100/100/130/45/90/35
:baxcalibur: 115/145/92/75/86/87
Averages: 107 HP / 122 Atk / 111 Def / 60 SpA / 88 SpD / 61 Spe [549 BST]
10%: 10 HP / 12 Atk / 11 Def / 6 SpA / 8 SpD / 6 Spe
My buffed Pokemon must have between 539 and 559 BST and cannot be Rock, Ice or Dragon. This means, given that it is an OU mod, my options are: :arcanine: :gholdengo: :florges: :kingambit: and :volcarona:.

Resulting Pokemon: :florges:
Ability: Purifying Salt
Stats: 78/65/68/112/154/75 [552] --> 88/77/79/118/164/81 [607]
New Moves: Ice Beam, Freeze-Dry / Salt Cure, Stealth Rock, Earth Power
So if this fusion wins, :baxcalibur: and :garganacl: are removed from the tier. This means not only are they not legal in teambuilidng, they cannot be used for fusions again (they have been transmuted). This buffed Florges also replaces the existing Florges in the tier.

BUT WAIT THERE IS MORE!!

The fused Pokemon can then be used as a fusion component in a later fusion in the mod.

:florges: 88/77/79/118/164/81
:spidops: 60/79/92/52/86/35
Averages: 74 HP / 78 Atk / 85 Def / 85 SpA / 125 SpD / 58 Spe [505 BST]
10%: 7 HP / 7 Atk / 8 Def / 8 SpA / 12 SpD / 5 Spe
Again, the Pokemon that is buffed must have between 495-515 BST and cannot be a Fairy or Bug type.

Resulting Pokemon: cryogonal
Ability: Purifying Salt
Stats: 80/50/50/95/135/105 --> 87 HP / 57 Atk / 58 Def / 103 SpA / 147 SpD / 110 Spe
New Moves: Salt Cure, Stealth Rock, Earth Power / U-Turn, Spikes, First Impression
So at this point, our meta has a buffed Cryogonal at the cost of losing Garganacl, Florges, Baxcalibur and Spidops. The Cryogonal could also be used down the road in another fusion (maybe that's why the submitter held on to First Impression?!)

Main question is if it is distinct enough to be its own mod. I feel like it's different enough from FE that the two can co-exist.

Last edited:
Signature Typo
Each Slate, you can modify a move’s name and it’s effect. Then, you modify a Pokémon to fit the new move.
Shell Smash -> Hell Bash
Fire
Physical
Owner: :houndoom:
140 BP
Contact, Dethaw, Protect
5 PP
-2 Atk, even if failed

Houndoom-Altered
75/130 (swapped+20) /70 (+20) /120 (swapped +30) /80/95
Dark/Fire
Movepool: No changes
Abilities: Early Bird, Tough Claws, Solar Power
Flavor: Just Houndoom, but meaner and more demoniac
Competitive: A huge breaker, lacks coverage
No limits but the balancing, max 590 BST.

Questions:
Another name?
How many slates?
Should it be a micro meta?

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
:reshiram: Perfect Unova :zekrom:

Some of you may be familirar with Gen 8's PErfect Galar, which took every Pokémon in the SwSh regional dex and modified them with the goal of making every fully-evolved mon have some level in viability in OU. This Pet Mod has a similar idea, but with the BW1 Unova dex.

In other words, the concept of this mod is to make a meta that has every fully evolved Unova mon available in BW, with each and all of the 79 mons available being a viable pick - be it a meta mon or just through some sort of unique niche.

:leavanny::scolipede::crustle::escavalier::galvantula::accelgor::durant::volcarona::genesect:

:liepard::krookodile::scrafty::zoroark::bisharp::mandibuzz::hydreigon:

:haxorus::druddigon::hydreigon::reshiram::zekrom::kyurem:

:zebstrika::emolga::galvantula::eelektross::stunfisk::thundurus::zekrom:

:whimsicott:

:emboar::conkeldurr::throh::sawk::scrafty::mienshao::cobalion::terrakion::virizion::keldeo::meloetta-pirouette:

:victini::emboar::simisear::darmanitan::darmanitan-zen::chandelure::heatmor::volcarona::reshiram:

:unfezant::swoobat::sigilyph::archeops::swanna::emolga::braviary::mandibuzz::tornadus::thundurus::landorus:

:cofagrigus::jellicent::chandelure::golurk:

:serperior::simisage::leavanny::whimsicott::lilligant::maractus::sawsbuck::amoonguss::ferrothorn::virizion:

:excadrill::seismitoad::krookodile::stunfisk::golurk::landorus:

:vanilluxe::beartic::cryogonal::kyurem:

:watchog::stoutland::unfezant::audino::cinccino::sawsbuck::bouffalant::braviary::meloetta::meloetta-pirouette:

:scolipede::garbodor::amoonguss:

:victini::musharna::swoobat::darmanitan-zen::sigilyph::gothitelle::reuniclus::beheeyem::meloetta:

:gigalith::crustle::carracosta::archeops::terrakion:

:excadrill::escavalier::ferrothorn::klinklang::bisharp::durant::cobalion::genesect:

:samurott::simipour::seismitoad::basculin::basculin::carracosta::swanna::jellicent::alomomola::keldeo:

* There will still be some discussion on whether the Fairy-Type will be included or not. More on that later.

Do note that as this is using BW1 dex only, the Therian forms, Black/White Kyurem, Hisuian Forms and Kingambit don't exist for the format.

My idea for how these would work is to have th mons as their most recent iterations - So for instance Beartic would have 130 Atk and Slush Rush, Bisharp would lack Knock Off, etc. My issue with that is that not every mon has even made it out of Gen 7 yet - in specific, Serperior, Emboar, Watchog, the Simis, Leavanny, Zebstrika and Swanna are all absent from any switch games so they lack "modern" movepools. I'll wait til SV's DLC comes out to see if it rectifies this issue with at least some of these mons, but its very unlikely that all of them would return in the DLC.

As such, I have a list of mons that I believe stand out after some short discussion in the discord:

Big OU Players

These are the Pokémon that most likely would not need many changes (if any at all) to be viable on day 1 meta. Tried to order from most likely to be good to most niche ones.

:bw/conkeldurr::bw/mandibuzz: :bw/ferrothorn: :bw/amoonguss::bw/excadrill::bw/bisharp::bw/mienshao:
Reasoning: self-explanatory

:bw/darmanitan::bw/chandelure:
Resoning: Very hard-hitting Fires on a meta with not many bulky Waters available. Darm is the better out of the two but I'd still expect both to be used.

:bw/jellicent:
Reasoning: Its one out of two Water mons with recovery available. Pretty bulky on its own right and has good utility in WoW and Strength Sap

:bw/thundurus:
Reasoning: Easily the best Electric available, very good typing + wide movepool. Might even be a bit too good with Plot, but we'll see.

:bw/tornadus:
Reasoning: Similarly, Tornadus is easily the strongest offensive Flying we have available. Relying on Hurricane is unfortunate though.

:bw/cobalion:
Reasoning: Good Rocks setter and Pivot, mostly

:bw/reuniclus:
Reasoning: Generally really bulky Psychic that can either be really sustainable with Regen or be a wallbreaking force with Life Orb. Might struggle with the presence of a decent amount of Darks running around though

:bw/zoroark:
Reasoning: Notably fast hard-hiting dark w plenty of coverage available. Not much depth to why i think this would be good, but it does share competition with Hydra.

:bw/durant:
Reasoning: Hits insanely hard and has great utility in First Impression, but Hustle is also fairly unreliable

:bw/gigalith::bw/vanilluxe:
Reasoning: Our only Weather Setters available, and while they both have downsides, they could potentially be really good enablers. Gigalith had the edge here as the Sand abusers available are much stronger than Snow's, but I think both could end up seeing play.

:bw/galvantula:
Reasoning: Our second best Electric available, believe it or not. Nowhere as relevant as Thundy, but I believe Sticky Webs already gives it a valuable niche.

Miscelaneous stuff that I think could be easily viable with a few buffs

:bw/seismitoad::bw/beartic::bw/krookodile::bw/escavalier::bw/accelgor::bw/scolipede::bw/serperior:
Just some mons that I feel wouldn't need that much of a major rework to be made viable, rather just some small tweakings

Potential Nerf Radar

:bw/Haxorus::bw/hydreigon:
Reasoning: Whether Fairies are real or not, Offensive Dragons are a very strong presence in this meta. There are not many Dragon resists - Other than Whimsicott, only really Steels take them on (and even so, the only Steel with recovery is Ferrothorn and both of these mons get coverage to hit most Steels very hard). Both of them may be on the nerf watchlist.

:bw/excadrill:
Reasoning: This one depends entirely on how we wanna handle weather. If we do permaweather, Excadrill would need a nerf.

DEFINITELY on Nerf Radar

:bw/genesect::bw/landorus::bw/kyurem:
Reasoning: lmao

:bw/volcarona:
Reasoning: Shortage of bulky Waters, no Heatran and generally not many bulky Fires either

:bw/terrakion:
Reasoning: Genuinely cannot find a single mon that can safely switch into this dude

Now, of course this list may have some wrong takes - that's exactly why I'm posting this in the workshop afetrall, getting some discussion on how this would work out is important. That said, though, I do have a few other questions for the community:

- Most importantly, how should we handle the mechanics? While discussing on Discord, there was the idea of it using the Gen 9 version of these mons (So their modern movepool, abilities and stats) but with Gen 5 Mechanics (Permaweather, Steel's resistance to Dakr and Ghost being kept, but still use Gen 9's data for moves and abilities). This is what I most need feedback on as its the entire basis for the mod.

- Should Gems be allowed? They would make sense for a BW mod but they're annoying to play around and I don't like them

- Right now, the plan is to have every mon in the dex, incluiding legendaries, as well as alternate forms such as Basculin's, Meloetta's and Darmanitan's available as genuinely viable options, with the only exceptions being Zekrom, Reshiram and Kyurem. Should any other mon be left aside for this?

- how in the everloving crispy hell are we going to make watchog have a niche??

- As this is a Gen 5 mod, should we even have the Fairy type? Only a single mon has it and its otherwise exclusive to coverage, which I think makes for an interesting but weird scenario.

- Might be repeating myself here, but generally speaking, what should we keep from current gens and what should we axe? Should the mod have Terrains? Fairy Type? Old Steel resists? All of this is valuable discussion as this meta will essentially mix Gen 9's mechanics with some of Gen 5's - Figuring out what we should use for each of them is the hard part that i'm asking for help with here

dropping in my thoughts for Perfect Unova here (mainly because i have jack shit to do)

1. i don't think gems shld be allowed. this might be a dumb reasoning though, but removing gems would give the Pokémon that we adjust a better niche. rather than having to tank a literal boosted move. though i don't mind if we try to playtest them or smth i doubt i worded this right so basically no gems = mons themselves can shine brighter

2. L for watchog i'm sorry

3. if we add the Fairy type, then we probably have to balance it out with the dragons since we have like, four? and all four of them (save for Druddigon) are pretty much powerful. There's also a bunch of Fighting and Dark types too, so all in all imo limiting the Fairy type to just a few mons is fine.

4. opinion on mechanics while i cry
- God no please don't give Steel its old resistances back i'd rather cry.
- i don't think it necessarily needs Terrains? there's not really any reason i see for them to be added.
- permaweather is one of gen 5's defining features, it'd be weird to see it go. though i do agree that excadrill would need a slight nerf.
- imo keeping the gen 5 movepools and data while adding new ones from recent gens when adjusting mons seem good to me? the ones that had their typing changed (mainly those Normal moves that turned to Fairy) can be done easily i Think.

thats all my thoughts, hopefully they aren't too messy—

I’m new to Pet Mods and I have two ideas!

:Arghonaut: Fakemon Express :Saharaja:

I have seen so many people ask mods in CAP: “Can I show you my fakemon for CAP?” This is a pet mod for that desire! It will be a micrometa consisting of roughly 50 fakemon. The goal of this meta is to honestly be creative! Another thing is that I’m trying to keep the power level towards OU, so no box art legendaries

Slate 1 will be submitting Fakemon ideas, can be art, concepts for design and flavor, can even include movepools, stats, abilities, and sets. The goal is to accept most Fakemon without debate in this stage (unless it’s obviously broken).

Update: Slate 1, to make it less chaotic, each user can submit one “blank slate” pokemon, all this mon needs is a name/design/design, competitive concept, every other submission needs to be fully fleshed (one of the blank Slate requirements, typing, movepool, stats, abilities)
Slate 2 will be voting on fakemons to be adjusted i.e. I think you add Earthquake to T. Rexy because it fits it’s flavor and attack stat Slate(s) 3+ will be focusing on (de)buffing each suggested fakemon. So not only will we add Earthquakebut add the ground typing along with dragon, but we should lower the SpAtk by about 10/15 to make it balanced.

Miscellaneous: I’m pretty sure I’ll be the only council member but if someone REALLY wants to be one, just ask!

Questions
-Is Slate 1 too chaotic? Slates 2+ is meant to equalize it, but on it’s own it’s an onslaught of submissions (if people are interested)
-Has anyone done Fakemons in this format before (other than CAP itself)
-Is it different enough from CAP?

:Copperajah: :Komala: World of Mons :Flamigo: :Medicham:

This Mod is based on mod from Gen 8 mod that was recently bumped: NativeMons. This mod is going to be a micrometa. Like the inspiration, new fakemon will be built from inspiration from real world countries i.e. Mexico, Italy, China, etc.

Slate 1 will be voting on countries to be the core of the process. Slate 2 will be, with a chosen country, submitting the Pokémon, regional forms, and Slate 3 will be voting on the pokemon for about 6 fakemon per country. Slates 2 and 3 will be repeated about 10 times for about 60 new fakemon! And hopefully many more times!

Miscellaneous: Look at Idea 1

Questions:

Is this a better simplification?

Last edited:
welcome to petmods! i'll try my best to give my feedback ^^

Fakemon Express
Striaghtforward mod! I'm not really familiar with CAP and its whole process, but i think that it might be a little too similar. plus Slate 1 might seem to be real hard to control. not much else to say tbh.

World of Mons
yeah uh 100 pokémon is a Lot. 20 Fakemon per country is also reaaaally ambitious. NatDex OU is pretty big I assume and in a, really chaotic state. so adding a hundred more would definitely be hard to track. I think this mod is neat, but the numbers need to be cut down a little.

and that's it! hopefully my advice isn't too bad ^^;

My creative juices are FLOWING, so here I am with more ideas <3

:Klefki: Minimons :Chi-Yu:
Concept: Every Pokémon’s BST is set to 400. So Chien-Pao can’t overshadow Weavile solely because of stats (Ik it’s more than that) It’ll be based in SV OU. The idea is that viability will be determined by raw movepool, abilities, and typing.
Explanation: A couple of Fully Evolved mons will be assessed per Slate, no moves or abilities can be added or removed, but stats can be rearranged to fit niches.
Chien Pao has these stats: 80/120/80/90/65/135 for a BST of 570.
570/400 = 1.425, so a 142.5% decrease for each off it’s stats rounded to equal to 400
56/84/56/63/46/95

Miscellaneous: Potential BL: Houndstone, Annihilape, Medicham

Watchlist: Blissey, Ubers (not Palafin)

Questions: How much variance between OGs and Minis should be allowed (move sets , abilities, etc.)?

Tbh, this(^) is more of an OM

:Dodrio: :Baltoy: Toymons :Maushold: :Zebstrika:

Concept: At the beginning of each new gen, there is a term thrown around “new toy syndrome”. Also, a common thing that businesses are doing right now is bringing back old fan favorites. This combination is the inspiration of Toymons. The goal of this mon is in SV OU, make “new toys,” but they’re just rehashes of old Pokémon.

Explanation: Previously mentioned, the goal of this mod is to completely revamp under appreciated Pokémon. Here is an example:

New Type: Dark/Fighting
Niche: Countering and Checking the Dark types that are running the tier *Chi-Yu, Chien-Pao, Ting-Lu, Kingambit, Roaring Moon, Meowscarada*
New Moves: Close Combat, Sucker Punch, High Jump Kick, Outrage, Knock Off, Vicious Strike
Ability: Defiant, Intimidate/H: Contrary
BST: 60/120/70/60/60/120 [490]
New Move: Vicious Strike; BP: 90, PP: 10, Type: Dark, does 1/16 of damage every turn after
Slate 1 will be selecting Pokémon to be revamped (probably 10-20) Each Slate afterwards will be revamping each mon with packages.

Last edited:
Super Ultra Mega Evolution
(The name is a work in progress)

The concept of SUME is to design new Mega evolutions, either for Pokemon that don’t have one, or to create a split Mega evolution line (ex. Mega Blastoise X and Mega Blastoise Y). The purpose is to give viability to weaker Pokemon (just like every pet mod) while adding more flavor to the game. The metagame will set in National Dex OU, since it has every Pokemon and allows Mega Evolution.
The first few slates will be submissions for new Megas. Following slates will be used to alter each new Mega to ensure the metagame is balanced (ex. Raising Mega Froslass’ speed to 135 to outspeed Mega Flygon, who became too broken). An example submission might look like this:

Name: Mega Flygon
Type: Ground/Dragon
Ability: Sand Stream
Stats: HP-80/Atk-130/Def-100/SpA-100/SpD-100/Spe-130 BST: 640
Mega Stone name: Flygonite
Design: Flygon gets longer, has more wings, very long antenna, and sharp teeth.

Questions: 1 Mega Evolution per battle does not seem like enough to significantly change the metagame, as it only allows you one altered Pokemon per team. Should it be run like Mix and Mega, where you can Mega Evolve each teammate, or have a smaller number of Megas allowed, like three per battle?

Super Ultra Mega Evolution
(The name is a work in progress)

The concept of SUME is to design new Mega evolutions, either for Pokemon that don’t have one, or to create a split Mega evolution line (ex. Mega Blastoise X and Mega Blastoise Y). The purpose is to give viability to weaker Pokemon (just like every pet mod) while adding more flavor to the game. The metagame will set in National Dex OU, since it has every Pokemon and allows Mega Evolution.
The first few slates will be submissions for new Megas. Following slates will be used to alter each new Mega to ensure the metagame is balanced (ex. Raising Mega Froslass’ speed to 135 to outspeed Mega Flygon, who became too broken). An example submission might look like this:

Name: Mega Flygon
Type: Ground/Dragon
Ability: Sand Stream
Stats: HP-80/Atk-130/Def-100/SpA-100/SpD-100/Spe-130 BST: 640
Mega Stone name: Flygonite
Design: Flygon gets longer, has more wings, very long antenna, and sharp teeth.

Questions: 1 Mega Evolution per battle does not seem like enough to significantly change the metagame, as it only allows you one altered Pokemon per team. Should it be run like Mix and Mega, where you can Mega Evolve each teammate, or have a smaller number of Megas allowed, like three per battle?
This is literally Megas for All but with extra steps.

Some new ideas.

Little Legends is an Ubers based metagame (probably nat dex). It’s goal is to redesign the stats of LC Pokemon to make them viable in Ubers. Basically, this would create a metagame in which your childhood dream of sweeping teams of legendaries with a Magikarp could finally come true. The first slates would be used to submit LC Pokemon with redesigned stats fit for Ubers. Further slates would be used to tweak the stats of LC Pokemon and Ubers alike, to make sure every Pokemon already in the tier is still viable (because we don’t just want more fun LC, but rather to beat legendaries with Magikarp). A submission might look like this:
Pokemon: Magikarp
Project Name: Fish out of Water
Type: Ground/Water
Ability: Desolate Land
Stats: HP-70/Atk-124/Def-142/SpA-150/SpD-117/Spe-152
Movepool Additions: + Earthquake, Scorching Sands, Dragon Dance, Fire Blast, Solar Beam, Solar Blade, Steam Slammer (Water/Special/Pow-90/Acc-100/Does not fail during Desolate Land. Gains 50% power during harsh sunlight).
As shown in the example, changes to typing and new signature moves are welcome. Overall, this pet mod is basically backwards Ubermons.

Pokemon: Swap Force is a pet mod based around fusing Pokemon by chopping them in half and splicing together their top and bottom portions. Swapped Pokemon will be created by taking the first half of a Pokémon’s statistics (Primary type, main abilities, Atk, Def, and HP), and pairing them with the bottom half’s set of stats (secondary typing, or primary if it only has one type, Hidden Ability, SpA, SpD, and Spe).Such Pokemon will be named according to their donors. For example, if a swapped Pokemon were made with the top half of a Pikachu and the bottom half of a Psyduck, it’s name would come from the first half of Pikachu’s name and the second half of Psyduck’s name, and would therefore be called Pikaduck. This mod would also include Fakemon generation. The process would occur through the submission of custom made top and bottom halves. Five of each would be voted in and randomly spliced together, and then additional submissions would be made to flesh out the design, concept, and name of the new Pokemon. For example, one might submit this:
Portion: Top half
Type: Steel
Abilities: Transistor, Lightning Rod
HP-100
Atk-65
Def-105
This may then be combined with another bottom half someone else created:
Portion:Bottom half
Type: Flying
Hidden Ability: Iron Barbs
SpA-120
SpD-85
Spe-85
This combination would make for a strong bulky special attacker, or defensive wall with only one weakness, as Lightning Rod makes it immune to Electric. A total of five of these Fakemons will be created, alongside about 15-20 swapped Pokemon, so that we could add 20-25 new abominations to the National Dex metagame. Note that this is different from Fusion Evolution in the method of Fakemon creation. Whereas FE gradually combines design elements of two parent Pokemon, PSF straight up butchers them and duct tapes the Pokemon back together.

I sincerely hope these haven’t already been made.

Guys this is my last post here.. cap bro

:Serperior: :Zekrom: Bigger Unova :Keldeo: :Ferrothorn:
Concept: Nat Dex OU-based mod with only Unova mons
Explanation: In theory, it’s Modern Gen 5, but it has access to every move, ability, and item (including mega stones and z crystals). Every fully evolved mon in the BW Unova Dex (+Kyreum and Mythicals). Every Slate, 3 Pokémon will be selected and assessed. Types of Pokémon, Abilities, and move sets CAN be altered, and because it’s NatDex and there’s a wide array of these, no new moves or abilities can be created, but new megas, z-signatures, and GMAX forms will be created (if appropriate, so no Mega Ferrothron!, and Mega Audino and GMAX Garboader will stay)
Questions:
-How many new megas are appropriate? How many new z-signatures are appropriate? How many new GMAX forms are appropriate? In essence, how can we combine these factors to make a balanced meta?
-Despite it being a NatDex meta, how true should it stay to Gen 5 mechanics?

:Raticate: :Butterfree: Stereotypos :Pawmot: :Koraidon:

Concept: Combination of Stereotypes and the Typos mods.
Explanation: You know how each works, but how do you combine them? Well let’s take Bug/Ghost, you can make a Bug/Ghost Mon into another typing, or change a Pokémon into Bug/Ghost. So either Shedinja could change into Sheninja (a Poison/Dark pokemon) or change Buzzwole into Buzzsoul (A Bug/Ghost Pokemon). Each Slate will feature three type combos in the same stereotypes order, and each type combo gets a Mon assigned to it.
Questions: Ok, so if Sheninja is chosen in the above slate, would Poison/Dark be excluded and Bug/Ghost be slated in it’s place? (If Poison/Dark is before, ban Poison/Dark from being used?) Or, do I allow multiple Poison/Dark Pokémon?

:Falinks: Historymons :Brute Bonnet:

Concept: 20-ish civilizations in history get 3 Pokémon to represent it in this micrometa!
Explanation: Slate 1 will be, with a chosen civilization, submitting the Pokémon and Slate 2 will be voting on the pokemon for 3 fakemon per civilization. Slates 1 and 2 will be repeated about 20 times for about 60 new fakemon! (Yes this is taken from World on Mons workshop post, I’m lazy)
Questions: I don’t have any lol

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
modern gen 1 ReGeneration

Looking at some of the new Pokemon, the stuff they bring to the meta, such as Gholdengo's Good as Gold or Maushold's Population Bomb, are quite insane! What if Gen 1 Pokemon were given this same treatment?

We start off with the Kanto Dex with Gen 9 mechanics. Each slate, 3 Kanto Pokemon are slated along with 3 Paldean counterparts (ex. Charizard and Skeledirge). The Kanto Pokemon can be given custom moves or abilities that match the quantity and power level of the signatures of its Paldean counterpart (ex. Charizard gets one custom move about as strong as Torch Song), plus some other key feautres of the Pokemon (Primary type if it's a starter, Electric-type if it's a Pikaclone, etc). Everything else about the Kantonian Pokemon can be changed.
Skeledirge ----> Charizard:
  • Must have exactly ONE Fire-type custom move (about as strong as Fire Lash, Apple Acid)
  • Must have a Fire-typing

:ss/charizard:
Pokemon: Charizard
Counterpart: Skeledirge
Type:

Ability: Blaze / Technician
Stats: 78 / 84 / 78 / 109 / 78 / 107
Movepool Adjustments:
+Defog, Draco Meteor, Scale Shot, U-turn

Roaring Rampage |
| Special | 60 | 100 | 16 | Raises Attack by 2, lowers Speed by 1.
  • We will not be covering every single Kanto Pokemon
  • If the length of evolutionary line does not match up, you are free to use whichever members of the line you want (ex. for Slowbro and Tatsugiri, you may use Slowpoke and or Slowbro)
Questions:
  • How much should counterparts have to match (BSTs have to be equal, have to share a type, etc.)?
  • I need help with the counterparts: please see the spoiler below
:meowscarada: ---> :venusaur:
:skeledirge: ---> :Charizard:
:quaquaval: ---> :Blastoise:
:oinkologne: :oinkologne-f:---> :nidoking::nidoqueen:
:spidops: --->:butterfree:
:lokix: --->:beedrill:
:rabsca: ---> :muk:
:houndstone: ---> :marowak:
:espathra: --->:hypno:
:dondozo: ---> :cloyster:
:maushold: --> :raticate:(:kangaskhan:?)
:veluza: ---> :mr.-mime:/:jynx:
:palafin: ---> :gyarados:
:arboliva: ---> :vileplume:/:victreebel:
:scovillain: ---> :exeggutor:
:bellibolt: ---> :electrode:
:revavroom: ---> :weezing:
:orthworm: ---> :lickitung:
:cetitan: ---> :dewgong:
:baxcalibur: ---> :Dragonite:
:tatsugiri: ---> :slowbro:
:cyclizar: --->:lapras:
:pawmot: ---> :raichu:
:kilowattrel: --->:pidgeot:
:bombirdier: ---> :dodrio:
:squawkabilly: ---> :farfetchd:
:flamigo: --->:fearow:
:klawf: ---> :onix:
:garganacl: ---> :golem:
:glimmora: ---> :golbat:
:grafaiai: ---> :arbok:
:dachsbun: --->:wigglytuff:
:mabosstiff: ---> :rhydon:
:brambleghast: ---> :tangela:
:gholdengo: ---> :gengar:
:tinkaton: ---> :clefable:
:armarouge::ceruledge: --->:flareon::vaporeon::jolteon:
:chien-pao::ting-lu::chi-yu::wo-chien: ---> :articuno::zapdos::moltres:
:wugtrio: ---> :dugtrio:
:toedscruel: ---> :tentacruel:

Last edited:

Ema Skye

Work!
modern gen 1 ReGeneration

Looking at some of the new Pokemon, the stuff they bring to the meta, such as Gholdengo's Good as Gold or Maushold's Population Bomb, are quite insane! What if Gen 1 Pokemon were given this same treatment?

Each slate, 3 Kanto Pokemon are slated along with 3 Paldean counterparts (ex. Charizard and Skeledirge). The Kanto Pokemon can be given custom moves or abilities that match the quantity and power level of the signatures of its Paldean counterpart (ex. Charizard gets one custom move about as strong as Torch Song), plus some other key feautres of the Pokemon (Primary type if it's a starter, Electric-type if it's a Pikaclone, etc). Everything else about the Kantonian Pokemon can be changed.
Skeledirge ----> Charizard:
  • Must have exactly ONE Fire-type custom move (about as strong as Fire Lash, Apple Acid)
  • Must have a Fire-typing

:ss/charizard:
Pokemon: Charizard
Counterpart: Skeledirge
Type:

Ability: Blaze / Technician
Stats: 78 / 84 / 78 / 109 / 78 / 107
Movepool Adjustments:
+Defog, Draco Meteor, Scale Shot, U-turn

Roaring Rampage |
| Special | 60 | 100 | 16 | Raises Attack by 2, lowers Speed by 1.

• We will not be covering Regional Variants/Convergent Evolution
  • We will not be covering every single Kanto Pokemon (maybe not even every single Paldean mon)
Questions:
  • Should this be based around Kanto or Paldea's regional dex?
  • Should signature moves/abilities from Gen 9 be allowed (ex. Charizard gets its own signature move but its ability is Good as Gold)?
  • How much should counterparts have to match (BSTs have to be equal, have to share a type, etc.)?
  • I need help with the counterparts: please see the spoiler below
:oinkologne: :oinkologne-f:--->
:spidops: --->
:lokix: --->
:rabsca: --->
:espathra: --->
:dondozo: --->
:veluza: --->
:palafin: --->
:arboliva: --->
:scovillain: --->
:bellibolt: --->
:revavroom: --->
:orthworm: --->
:cetitan: --->
:tatsugiri: --->
:cyclizar: --->
:kilowattrel: --->
:bombirdier: --->
:squawkabilly: --->
:flamigo: --->
:glimmora: --->
:grafaiai: --->
:dachsbun: --->
:mabosstiff: --->
:brambleghast: --->
:gholdengo: --->
:tinkaton: --->
:armarouge::ceruledge: --->
Honestly Kanto dex with this sounds really fun. Keeps it small to be easy to get into without bloating out the Paldea dex. You might need to double up as there aren't enough new mons for 1:1 counterparts. You might want to have Kanto counterparts (Mime/Jynx, Plume/Vic, Buzz/Magmar, Drill/Free, Scyther/Pinsir, etc) share a Paldea mon so that the numbers work out.

And some attempts for counterparts:

:oinkologne: :oinkologne-f:---> :wigglytuff:
:spidops: ---> :venomoth:
:lokix: ---> :parasect:
:rabsca: ---> :butterfree:/:beedrill:
:espathra: ---> :fearow:
:dondozo: ---> :snorlax:
:maushold: --> :raticate:
:veluza: ---> :mr.-mime:/:jynx:
:palafin: ---> :gyarados:
:arboliva: ---> :vileplume:/:victreebel:
:scovillain: ---> :exeggutor:
:bellibolt: ---> :electrode:
:revavroom: ---> :weezing:
:orthworm: ---> :lickitung:
:cetitan: ---> :dewgong:
:tatsugiri: ---> :lapras:
:cyclizar: ---> :tauros:
:kilowattrel: ---> :magneton:
:bombirdier: ---> :dodrio:
:squawkabilly: ---> :farfetch
:flamigo: ---> :pidgeot:
:glimmora: ---> :golbat:
:grafaiai: ---> :arbok:
:dachsbun: ---> :clefable:
:mabosstiff: ---> :rhydon:
:brambleghast: ---> :vileplume:/:victreebel:
:gholdengo: ---> :gengar:
:tinkaton: ---> :chansey:
:armarouge::ceruledge: ---> :alakazam:

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Gonna be going over a few posts here today. Not gonna get everything but if I have stuff to comment on then I will. Also please don't take my opinion for law my leader banner means nothing about my opinions I'm just one dude at the end of the day
this tier is dead af lol
Also this is basically the exact same post from ss workshop

National Dex Little Cup
A Nat Dex based pet mod that functions like Little Cup ie. Every pokémon is level 5, only mons that can evolve and haven’t yet, etc. Essentially, it’s SS LC with the full Pokédex. This pet mod isn’t adding any new pokémon or moves, nor is it deleting anything. It’s simply adding national dex elements, such as dexited mons and z-moves.

Note that everything below is from gen 8 and not at all updated for gen 9
Pokémon:
:aipom: Aipom
:corsola-galar: Corsola-Galar
:cutiefly: Cutiefly
:drifloon: Drifloon
:gligar: Gligar
:gothita: Gothita
:meditite: Meditite
:misdreavus: Misdreavus
:murkrow: Murkrow
:rufflet: Rufflet
:scraggy: Scraggy
:scyther: Scyther
:sneasel: Sneasel
:swirlix: Swirlix
:tangela: Tangela
:vulpix-alola: Vulpix-Alola
:yanma: Yanma
:zigzagoon: Zigzagoon

Abilities:
Chlorophyll
Moody

Items:
Eevium Z

Moves:
Conversion
Shellder Balance by Shandeur: https://pokepast.es/f93aacf1852b4c6f

Scarf Magnemite Offense by rarre: https://pokepast.es/f4138b75e002210d

Foongus Ponyta Bulky Offense by Shandeur : https://pokepast.es/498707ce4a44a366

Scarf Pawniard Offense by Wes: https://pokepast.es/4c3679e4daff995b

Scarf ~~Snify~~ Snivy Offense by Bluecliqse: https://pokepast.es/84d4163e56d09206

Z-parting shot litten by Bluecliqse: https://pokepast.es/68aa471a879e7b31
:pawniard: Wes8888
:Carvanha: Shandeur
:spheal: rarre
:magikarp: Magikarp_is_ AG
:dratini: Blueclipse
:whimsicott: uhBella
:zigzagoon: Charis_Akins
**VIABILITY RANKINGS**

S
nothing for now!

S-
:mienfoo: Mienfoo
:trapinch: Trapinch

A+
:abra: Abra
:gastly: Gastly
:grookey: Grookey
:koffing: Koffing
:pawniard: Pawniard
:porygon: Porygon
:vullaby: Vullaby

A
:carvanha: Carvanha
:diglett: Diglett
:ferroseed: Ferroseed
:mareanie: Mareanie
:natu: Natu
:ponyta: Ponyta
:snivy: Snivy
:staryu: Staryu

A-
:dewpider: Dewpider
:doduo: Doduo
:foongus: Foongus
:grimer-alola: Grimer-alola
:larvesta: Larvesta
:magnemite: Magnemite
:tyrunt: Tyrunt

B+
:dwebble: Dwebble
:frillish: Frillish
:mudbray: Mudbray
:onix: Onix
:snubbull: Snubbull
:taillow: Taillow
:timburr: Timburr
:wingull: Wingull

B
:archen: Archen
:charmander: Charmander
:houndour: Houndour
:magby: Magby
:ponyta-galar: Ponyta-Galar
:spritzee: Spritzee
:vulpix: Vulpix

B-
:chinchou: Chinchou
:cranidos: Cranidos
:croagunk: Croagunk
:elekid: Elekid
:munchlax: Munchlax
:shellder: Shellder
:slowpoke: Slowpoke
:surskit: Surskit

C
:corphish: Corphish
:drilbur: Drilbur
:farfetch’d-galar: Farfetch’d-Galar
:Hippopotas: Hippopotas
:krabby: Krabby
:omanyte: Omanyte
:sandshrew: Sandshrew
:sandshrew-alola: Sandshrew-Alola
:shellos: Shellos
:snover: Snover
:stunky: Stunky
:wynaut: Wynaut
/challenge gen9nationaldex @@@ gen9nationaldex, Little Cup, Adjust Level = 5, -Sneasel, -Scyther, -Swirlix, -Tangela, -Type: Null, -Gligar, -Vulpix-Alola, -Corsola-Galar, -Aipom, -Rufflet, -Drifloon, -Cutiefly, -Meditite, -Gothita, -Yanma, -Woobat, -Murkrow, -Misdreavus, -Scraggy, -Zigzagoon, -Girafarig, -Dunsparce, -Eevium Z, -Chlorophyll, +Arena Trap, +Shadow Tag, -Conversion

We have a discord server!
^Invitation link^
Far as I can tell this would likely be best as a Solomod. Make sure you check out the megathread!
Pet Mod Name: Survival of the Strongest
Pet Mod Concept: A Pet Mod where instead of voting, submissions are chosen by a tournament
Explanation: To not be unfair, submissions will be DM’d to the coders and whoever is in charge of the mod (me? someone else? council?) and it will be determined whether the concepts are balanced/codable. After the tournament, the top four subs get in, and the winner chooses one other sub to also get in.
Miscellaneous: This mod will be a blank slate, no existing Pokémon, so you would technically be allowed to enter already existing Pokémon. Also, it seems like it would take some time to get the tournaments started, which could be a problem.
I really want to comment more on this one but there's a few things I can't gather from this. Is this like a tournament where people 1v1 or 6v6 each other with their subs being usable, or does it work kind of like a Jackbox game or something if you've heard of those? Do you intend for it to be single/double elim or round robin? I feel like this idea has loads of potential either way and might be able to give input to help it reach that.

View attachment 469257
(Temporary Banner that will most likely be replaced with something much better eventually)
:furret:Vantage Point:luxray:
Description: Each slate, a name for a move/ability will be given. This can be turned into a custom move or ability. A submitter will make it a custom signature for their fakemon they make for it. The custom element must be something that the pokemon would want to run on most if not every set. This mod would be a gen 9 micrometa with a council (currently no one).

Explanation: An example is at the start of the slate the name is "Death Touch". Someone's submission could be something like the pokemon in the example below. Someone else could make something completely different like a Ghost-type clone of Anchor Shot.
:cubone::gengar:
Pokemon: Grimanic (Grimm + Manic)
Type: Ghost/Poison
Abilities: Death Touch (H: Pressure)
Stats: 90/110/95/75/95/80 (BST: 545)
Notable Moves: Swords Dance, Poltergeist, Poison Jab, Darkest Lariat, U-Turn, Taunt, Toxic, Thunder Wave
Death Touch - This pokemon's Ghost-type moves become contact. This pokemon's contact moves deal 1.2x damage.
Description: Contact Poltergeists with slightly weaker Tough Claws works wonders with SD, PJab, U-Turn, & Taunt to boot.

Questions:
- What action should be taken against Terastal?
- How should the custom element names be chosen?

Council
:palpitoad: PalpitoadChamp
This was mentioned to be too similar to Two-Step Mons, and I don't really agree but do see someone convincing me otherwise. If you want a good way to get the names of the custom elements, have the people with the winning submissions decide the names for next slate, with the council starting off and making the first.
Little Legends is an Ubers based metagame (probably nat dex). It’s goal is to redesign the stats of LC Pokemon to make them viable in Ubers. Basically, this would create a metagame in which your childhood dream of sweeping teams of legendaries with a Magikarp could finally come true. The first slates would be used to submit LC Pokemon with redesigned stats fit for Ubers. Further slates would be used to tweak the stats of LC Pokemon and Ubers alike, to make sure every Pokemon already in the tier is still viable (because we don’t just want more fun LC, but rather to beat legendaries with Magikarp). A submission might look like this:
Pokemon: Magikarp
Project Name: Fish out of Water
Type: Ground/Water
Ability: Desolate Land
Stats: HP-70/Atk-124/Def-142/SpA-150/SpD-117/Spe-152
Movepool Additions: + Earthquake, Scorching Sands, Dragon Dance, Fire Blast, Solar Beam, Solar Blade, Steam Slammer (Water/Special/Pow-90/Acc-100/Does not fail during Desolate Land. Gains 50% power during harsh sunlight).
As shown in the example, changes to typing and new signature moves are welcome. Overall, this pet mod is basically backwards Ubermons.
Something I like telling everyone new is that they shouldn't run more than one Pet Mod at a time. If I were you, personally, this is the idea of yours I'd run with. This is actually very similar to Untiereds to Ubers from Gen 7, which I think was a decently popular mod through its runtime. The problem with that right now would be that there aren't any untiered Pokemon yet but you could easily just sub this instead. I would definitely make it NatDex either way, Gen 9 Ubers is kinda barren right now.

Also, something else is that I think everyone looking to run a Pet Mod who hasn't before should have a council. You'll need at least one person who's run a Pet Mod before to show you the ropes and ideally everyone you pick should be interested in the mod through its whole lifespan. Most of Turtlek's ideas here have been related to buffing or nerfing Pokemon to fit other tiers so they'd probably enjoy this. As for the person who's run another mod before, I'd join our Discord to gauge interest.

That's about all for this post, except I'm gonna nitpick zxgzxg's counterpart list in DMs / Discord. I didn't comment on everything I saw as opposed to just the stuff that stuck out to me. Beats just quoting a post to say "wow looks good" or something extremely minor. If you want my opinions on something I didn't comment on then you're free to ask! Just message me privately somewhere, ideally Discord but somewhere on Smogon works too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)