Resource Pet Mods Teambuilding Lab

Rezzo

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Pre-Contributor
Mossy has told me there is no viable way to make a Screens + Pivoting Team for Stypes, so I'm rescinding that request, and looking for a HG team with DDGon + Mag. Thanks
This was already fulfiled on the Hoenn Gaiden Discord server a while ago, but just in case anyone stumbles, here's the end result of a team I built for this request:

Triple DD Flygon Mag

This is based on a sample team from ADV OU (here), which uses Substitute Celebi as the (specially) defensive pivot, and Salamence as the third Dragon Dance user rather than Flygon.

Snorlax gaining Lovely Kiss cements it as a suitable defensive check to Pokemon like Starmie and Zapdos, while also being able to Lovely Kiss potential walls like Tyranitar and Skarmory which are normally used to check this lead.

Choice Band Metagross aids in being able to cleave past Skarmory and Swampert with a premature Explosion, but it can also be used to aggressively lower their health in the early game with Meteor Mash, to allow Magneton or Dragon Dance Tyranitar to clean them up. With Jellicent being a frequent pick for teams, it is recommended to go for Meteor Mash in the early game as some teams use Jellicent as their Metagross check. When facing opposing teams with both a Skarmory and a Swampert, this squad can additionally rely on Magneton and Tyranitar to wallbreak together with their HP Grass coverage for Swampert.

Magneton is a backup Skarmory removal method for the event that Metagross isn't able to capitalise on neutralising it early in the game. It can also be used as a backup defensive pivot into Pokemon who otherwise cause this team massive problems, like Gengar, in order to preserve momentum. Endure + Salac Berry further provides momentum against Dugtrio trapping, being able to KO it back with Hidden Power Grass and Thunder Wave the next switch-in off of a large 393 speed stat after the Salac boost.

Gyarados and Flygon are the team's two endgame sweepers. Flygon with a Yache Berry is able to survive pretty much any attack from full health, meaning that it can often find opportunities to Dragon Dance twice in order to start sweeping. It also offers Gyarados defensive synergy to attempt a double sweep by overwhelming the opponent once the key walls have been removed from the game.
I will finish this up soon with replays (will have to do some digging) :blobthumbsup:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)