Pet Mods General Discussion Thread

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
This is a very neat idea! I'm a sucker for keeping to the flavor of pokemon when designing new metagame ideas, so this is right up my alley. I can also appreciate this metagame not drowning out existing standard play, and instead augmenting an existing one. I could definitely see myself getting involved with this.

Since this is a format that involves parent/child relationships, what are your thoughts on making the inheritance between each pokemon a bit more lenient? Ideas that come to mind include having any (up to) 3 abilities from a combination of the parents, and averaging more than 1 stat (you can set a maximum number of changed stats). Also, what are your thoughts on Smeargle and Regigigas as parents? Sketch could be a very notorious move to pass on, and we all know that Regigigas is an obnoxious pile of stats.
Regigigas fits into Undiscovered category so it will not be compatible anyways.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
This is a very neat idea! I'm a sucker for keeping to the flavor of pokemon when designing new metagame ideas, so this is right up my alley. I can also appreciate this metagame not drowning out existing standard play, and instead augmenting an existing one. I could definitely see myself getting involved with this.

Since this is a format that involves parent/child relationships, what are your thoughts on making the inheritance between each pokemon a bit more lenient? Ideas that come to mind include having any (up to) 3 abilities from a combination of the parents, and averaging more than 1 stat (you can set a maximum number of changed stats). Also, what are your thoughts on Smeargle and Regigigas as parents? Sketch could be a very notorious move to pass on, and we all know that Regigigas is an obnoxious pile of stats.
As Samtendo said, Regigigas is irrelevant since it's in the Undiscovered egg group. As for Smeargle, I didn't think of it, but now that I do I realize that working with bad stats is a small price to pay for every move in the game. And since it's in by far the biggest egg group... ...yeah, I'm banning Smeargle as a donor.

That said, thanks for the enthusiasm! It makes me feel warm n fuzzy >w<

• No megas at all, even if the base's vanilla form has a mega. This is to prevent subs from becoming "xd op mega".
  • Baby Pokemon are a special case: They'll take on the egg group of their evolved form(s).
  • idk, just figured mountains have quarries or some shit like that, didn't put much thought into it
Just use the same restrictions for Megas that are used for everything else. Obviously something like Mawile or Beedrill is going to be a mess with a stronger base, but there are also Megas like Audino, Abomasnow, and Glalie that are just... sort of shit.

The "xd op mega"s are all going to be Megas strong enough to cheat around the RUBL base restriction anyway.

For example, Glalie (Unranked) turns into Mega Glalie (NU), which is still below RUBL and thus should be legal. Beedrill (also Unranked) turns into Mega Beedrill (UU), but UU is above RUBL (citation needed), so a Beedrill variant wouldn't be able to Mega Evolve.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Just use the same restrictions for Megas that are used for everything else. Obviously something like Mawile or Beedrill is going to be a mess with a stronger base, but there are also Megas like Audino, Abomasnow, and Glalie that are just... sort of shit.

The "xd op mega"s are all going to be Megas strong enough to cheat around the RUBL base restriction anyway.

For example, Glalie (Unranked) turns into Mega Glalie (NU), which is still below RUBL and thus should be legal. Beedrill (also Unranked) turns into Mega Beedrill (UU), but UU is above RUBL (citation needed), so a Beedrill variant wouldn't be able to Mega Evolve.
Forbidding only megas that are UU or above sounds like a plan!

Role Randomization
Pokemon are given randomized spreads based on role, i.e. spinblocker. Each role has designated moves and stat ranges. When no range is specified, the range will fall between 60 and 100. each role would have a 480-540 bst.
cleric wall:
gets aromatherapy and heal bell
gets wish
high hp - 90-150
high defenses - 90-135
low attacking stats - 5-65

dual screener/supporter/spinner:
gets light screen and reflect
gets lunar dance, memento, and healing wish
gets rapid spin and defog

glass cannon:
high atk - 100-150 or high sp atk - 100-150
low hp - 50-75
low def - 50-75
low sp def - 50-75
average to high speed - 80-130

mixed sweeper:
high atk - 100-135
high sp atk - 100-135
setup

physical sweeper:
high atk - 100-150
setup

special sweeper:
high sp atk - 100-150
setup

stallbreaker:
taunt
mid-to-high speed - 80-130

slow tank:
high defenses - 100-135
slow - 5-35
average to high atk or sp atk - 80-130

wall:
high def or sp def - 100-135
average to somewhat high hp - 70-120
all the mons would have designated moves, 1 for physical and 1 for special in the case of offensive moves, and 1 status in the case of defensive moves.
normal:
physical - return
special - hyper voice
fighting:
physical - drain punch
special - aura sphere
flying:
physical - drill peck
special - air slash
poison:
physical - poison jab
special - sludge wave
ground:
physical - earthquake
special - earth power
rock:
physical - rock slide
special - power gem
bug:
physical - leech life
special - bug buzz
ghost:
physical - shadow claw
special - shadow ball
steel:
physical - iron head
special - flash cannon
fire:
physical - flare blitz
special - fire blast
water:
physical - liquidation
special - surf
grass:
physical - seed bomb
special - giga drain
electric:
physical - volt tackle
special - thunderbolt
psychic:
physical - zen headbutt
special - psychic
ice:
physical - icicle crash
special - ice beam
dragon:
physical - dragon claw
special - dragon pulse
dark:
physical - crunch
special - dark pulse
fairy:
physical - play rough
special - moonblast
normal:
pain split
fighting:
seismic toss
flying:
roost
poison:
acid armor
ground:
shore up
rock:
sandstorm
bug:
defend order
ghost:
night shade
steel:
iron defense
fire:
will-o-wisp
water:
rain dance
grass:
grassy terrain
electric:
electric terrain
psychic:
psychic terrain
ice:
haze
dragon:
roost (similar to dragon type, and dragons only get dragon dance as a status move, which isn't defensive)
dark:
taunt
fairy:
misty terrain
After that, each mon would get 5 random stab moves and 12 random non-stab moves.
There would be a discussion slate and a voting slate. Each discussion slate would have 3 mons with 3 randomized sets. Voting would be the order of most to least liked for each of the 3 versions of each of the 3 mons.
I think 5 mons per role could make it into the meta.

Last edited:
Item Combination
The item your Pokemon has equipped is "combined" with the item that you nickname your Pokemon. If you nickname it the same item, no change is made. However, if you combine two different items, there would be slates for choosing what the effects of the "combined" items would be.

Example:
Life Orb (Nidoking) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Life Orb + Choice Scarf:
New name: Speed Orb
Effect: Raises the Pokemon's Speed by 1.3x and multiplies its moves' power by 1.2x. 15% recoil on each damaging move. Sheer Force ignores recoil.

Last edited:
RBY Glitchmons
A metagame centered around glitch Pokemon found in Pokemon RBY. See https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_glitch_Pokémon for stats and movepools. There would be several tiers, as some of the Glitchmons are busted beyond belief.

Example of a Glitchmons (Ubers) mon:
Glitch/Normal
33 / 233 / 206 / 236 / 17 (725)
Notable Moves:
Bubble Beam
Comet Punch
Super Glitch - could be a custom move (all Glitchmons have this move)
Wing Attack
Mega Kick
Double-Edge
Counter
Mega Drain
Earthquake
Reflect - banned on this mon
Egg Bomb
Softboiled - banned on this mon
Sky Attack
Rest - banned on this mon
Strength

RBY Glitchmons
A metagame centered around glitch Pokemon found in Pokemon RBY. See https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_glitch_Pokémon for stats and movepools. There would be several tiers, as some of the Glitchmons are busted beyond belief.

Example of a Glitchmons (Ubers) mon:
Glitch/Normal
33 / 233 / 206 / 236 / 17 (725)
Notable Moves:
Bubble Beam
Comet Punch
Super Glitch - could be a custom move (all Glitchmons have this move)
Wing Attack
Mega Kick
Double-Edge
Counter
Mega Drain
Earthquake
Reflect - banned on this mon
Egg Bomb
Softboiled - banned on this mon
Sky Attack
Rest - banned on this mon
Strength
Is this a meta for only glitchmon, or are standard Mon also allowed? Of so, only from Gen 1, or for every gen? What does the Glitch typing do?

Is this a meta for only glitchmon, or are standard Mon also allowed? Of so, only from Gen 1, or for every gen? What does the Glitch typing do?
Gen 1 has the most glitchmons by far, so it might as well be a Gen 1 meta
It’d be only glitchmon
Glitch is just 1x effectiveness for all attacking and defending purposes

Move Combination
The move in moveslot 1 combines with the move in moveslot 2. In general, the powers are averaged, the effects halved and then stacked. The type remains the type of the move in moveslot 1.
Exceptions:
Stat stages - these cannot be halved, and as such, generally boosts should be rounded down to the nearest whole number and drops rounded up to the nearest whole number
Priority moves - these sometimes average out to non-integers. Therefore, they should be rounded down to the nearest whole number.
Multi-hit moves - take the average number of hits the move does and divide by 2, then mulitply the base power of the combined move by this number.
In some cases, it would be better to have a 50% chance of the effect to occur if the effect previously always occurs.
I submitted this as an om, but this would leave too much up to personal preference.
Potential bans and threats:
Combining with:
Extremespeed
Fake Out
Volt Switch
U-Turn
Beat Up
Questions for the community
What bans/threats would there be?
Does this sound like a fun metagame?
What kind of moves would you use/create?

Last edited:
The New OU
All of these ideas are coming to me this week. This one is simple: Nerf Ubers + MRay to fit into OU by changing their stats, movepools, and abilities.

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
I don't like to be a killjoy when it comes to new Types, but I feel like Pet Mods involving "new" Types should be no longer allowed (or at least heavily discouraged) does to a severe liability it can cause for the competitive in the long run.

You see, a few like Leonard pointed that Steel-type should stay defensively overpowered because 18 is somehow way too many Types already. Pika also pointed out in the Pet Mod server that 15 Types is much more manageable than 18 Types in term of balance.

For those who want to experiment with new Types, either make it as a micro metagame with only the new 8-10 Typings being used (i.e. anything not from the original 18 Types and anything not too similar to any of them), with the old Pokemon, Moves and Abilities being changed accordingly, as a minor aspect (i.e. something in-line of Sound-based moves and Abilities), or don't bother at all. That's if you are concerned about Typing balance.

Okay, not making them allowed any longer would be harsh, but discouraging them or telling them to do it at their utmost discretion would be certainly encouraged. Any Mod can end up being a mess to play in practice, and while Typing: The Mod have its fans, it also have detractors, and for good reasons; the number of Types becoming too overwhelming, and the stress it can cause to teambuilding as a result.

My deepest apologies for those who likes to build up new Types. It had to be said, since Types in a balance is even more delicate than we'd initially thought. If you want to introduce one or two new Types in your Solomod (or fan game as a whole), take priority of fixing some old Types you'd think really needs a buff first, and make sure that it isn't Not-Very-Effective to only uncommon defensive types (i.e. anything not Steel, Ghost or Poison) and not weak to only uncommon offensive Typings.

Last edited:

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Continuing from my previous post, the best way right to introduce the new types is to not make them part of the official Type Chart... and instead make them their own Type Chart in "another dimension".

Types in Another Dimension
In the standard laws of physic in the multiverse, there are 18 universal Types. Consisting of Normal, Fighting, Flying, Rock, Ground, Poison, Bug, Ghost, Steel, Fire, Water, Grass, Electric, Psychic, Ice, Dragon, Dark and Fairy. They are applied to even the Ultra Space, as the Ultra Space remained connected to the main dimension of the multiverse.

But there is one another dimension where how the multiverse works is different... All 18 original Types are not categorized and only a minor aspect of this dimension. Instead, 12 (or even 15 but not necessarily this much) whole new Types, with the Pokemon and Moves being given one of those new Types. In other words, their appearance and abilities doesn't change, but what Type they do have is an entirely different story.

Types in Another Dimension involve replacing the original 18 Types from the official Pokemon games with fake "New" Types for Pokemon and Moves. Moves, Items and Abilities interacting with specific Types will be modified accordingly as well. Some frequently requested ones like Cosmic, Light, Sound and Cyber would be there, as well as more unorthodox ones like Sapient (Human-like), Plasma, Gaseous and Blood/Vampire.

This is not to replace Typing: The Mod, but rather a similar concept yet also with a large difference of a complete absence of old Types, which can change viability of certain Pokemon and Moves in significant way depended on the new Type Chart. That said, the five winner Types from the Gen 7 Typing: The Mod (which is going to have a reboot at Gen 8 btw) will all return to give a sporting chance to at a maximum of 7 other Fakemon Types, maximizing 12 Types, or if that's too little, 15 (but no more).

How Phases Works
The Slate Phases will go like this; Re-categorization for Pokemon, Moves and Abilities, New Type Nomination, and Buffs and Nerfs if needed (i.e. in case a new Type would have too little viable Pokemon or too limited in term of potentially useful moves), with voting in-between, before going back to Re-categorization for the phase. If the maximum of Fakemon Types is reached but there are still materials that retained the old types, these materials will be changed accordingly until there is none left (with the official Z-Moves replaced by Fakemon Type Z-Moves, same with Max Moves if it take place in Gen 8). "New" Pokemon (specifically, new Regional Variants out of these new Types), Moves, Items and Abilities will be made if the current Type really needs further variety and allows for further creativity.

Types from the Gen 7's Typing: The Mod, which are Heart, Time, Space, Light and Food, would be done in faster pace; most of the old and new Pokemon, Moves, Items and Abilities modified for the "new" Type will be directly imported via nomination and then voting, with a few exceptions of some that don't really make any sense. They can still be re-re-categorized in later Re-Categorization for the upcoming new Types.

The new Type Chart will be best made at the very last because every Type in there is whole new, but it can started to be constructed at the middle (i.e. when there are 8 or 9) and then modify accordingly at the 10th Type, 12th Type and if we continue, the last Type. It be done after the Buffs and Nerfs' voting phase.

We should have at least two offensive-oriented Types and two defensive-oriented Types, as well as one Type Triangle (Like Fire > Grass > Water > Fire, where it is super effecting from left to right, and not-very-effective from right to left). This is to prevent the new Type Chart from being monotonous.

Finally, flavor takes higher priority than competitive uses, although Buffs and Nerfs can be done if there is too little potentially competitively good Pokemon and Moves to make the Type work, allowing for availability for the new OU.

How would it differentiate from Typing: The Mod?
Just remember that Types of Another Dimension isn't intended to replace Typing: The Mod, but rather a "spiritual spin-off" that allows experimentation with new Types without getting into the way of the official Type Chart. With the absence of all 18 Types, this may take time to get accustomed into the whole new Type Chart, but once you learned the Type Chart and experimented it for test battles, you may get the hang of it, which helps that, aside of Typing, not too many Pokemon and other mechanics would changed.

Typing: The Mod may received criticisms, but it is certainly fun for those who are more into flavor and lore. This potentially new Pet Mod will do so but without getting on the way of the official Types, allowing the "new" Types to be their own thing. And with only 12/15 Types, it would also be far less stressful for teambuilding than 23 Types in Typing: The Mod.

What do you think? Would it work as a new Pet Mod involving new Types? Or would be better off in anywhere else but here?​

Last edited:
Hey, so I wanna get in one last pet mod before the generation is over, but since I'm too lazy to think of an idea, and my school just started, I figured I should just bump some old ones from Gen 6
What do you think of a revamp of Now Fully Expressed? In case you don't know, it's a pet mod in which middle stage NFE's try to carve a different niche than the final evolution. I thought it was a great idea, but unfortunately it died too soon. Think of the possibilities! Kadabra could be a physical wallbreaker. Combusken could be a defensive wall. Boldore could be a speedy lead. I promise I could make it into a much better mod, but first I wanna hear what you think.

Double Trouble
(Since Gen 8 is right around the corner, I don't have any plan to post this to OM submissions until it's out. I'm also aware of the existence of Generation SD.)

A double-based Pet Mod aims to explore any underutilized element for Doubles while buffing some of the selected Pokemon to better fit in Doubles OU. Nothing new can be added, no exception. Still, some minor changes might be made to abilities and moves to give Double Trouble a more balanced experience.

Rules:
  • Double Trouble will be using Doubles OU clause.
  • Anyone can post submission except during the voting stage.
  • The maximum amount of submission anyone can make is 3 in each stage.
  • You are allowed to buff Pokemon’s BST, up to 600.
  • You are allowed to give Pokemon moves, type, and ability they normally don’t have, even if they already have three possible abilities.
  • Coming out with any element that doesn’t exist in the game will be ignored.
:weezing: Weezing

Stats: 75(+10)/90/120/105 (+20)/90 (+20)/60 (Overall: 540)

Poison-type

New Moves: Follow Me, Power Gem

New Ability: Cloud Nine

Overview (optional): This Weezing serves as a redirector with Follow Me. Unlike its competitor, Amoonguss, it lacks the crucial Fire- and Ice-type weaknesses, having a better physical bulk and having some nice offensive moves. The newly gained Power Gem is for hitting Incineroar. Cloud Nine discourages weather-based teams from facing Weezing.

Last edited:
I don't know if this Pet Mod idea has been done before or is similar to other Pet Mods, but here is one;
Categories
In Pokemon, moves and Pokemon have categories, like contact and sound, all of which will at least have some use in-game. In this Pet Mod, users can submit new categories in C slates, submit abilities, moves, and items (whether they be new or old) that use winning submissions or older categories/attributes in AMI slates.

Ever wanted light to be affected in battle?
Make it a category for moves like Flash Cannon and Dazzling Gleam and make abilities affected by them.
Thought Height is only useful in single player?
Come up with new abilities/moves/items affected by height or change up old ones.

Questions:
-What about Weight, Color, and Height?
these are technically attributes, and creating new attributes would be monstrous work. how ever, do to the spirit of the Pet Mod, I will allow users to create new Abilities/Moves/Items and change old ones.
-Can we change any ability/item?
Yes, under the condition that the ability/item uses a Category or the attributes in an important role to the ability/item and make sense (Don't make Sheer Force turn moves with secondary effects into sound based moves or contact moves at random intervals, or something else along those lines)
-How will custom made ability/moves be given?
The person who came up with it will have to state all the users of the new ability/move and state if the ability replaces an older ability that Pokemon had.

737373elj

Banned deucer.
I'm assuming we can actually post Pet Mod ideas here? Because there are some posts which look to me to be just that...
Anyway here's mine, based on the (now discontinued) Pet Mod Excelo:

Have you ever wanted another region? More Pokemon to comment on? Wanted a place for that Bug-Dragon type you thought of to shine? Or do you just want to create some more Pokemon to shake up the meta? I present to you...
Shuhkiko
Co-created with Robot princess Magearna
The region where you can do whatever you want!

The Main Rule:
  • It’s just a new region!
Extra Rules:
  • Have fun! You can do anything here, it’s a new region! Be pleased to make any Pokemon as strong or weak as you want! It doesn’t even have to have a competitive use!
  • Over here, you will be discussing and changing the given Pokemon to fit and do better in the current meta. When we’re finished with all the Pokemon, there will be a little surprise!
There isn’t exactly any strategy. We’re just creating a new region.

Possible bans:
  • -N.A.-
Resources:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mnram0dpVEcqRndveuLCfX6H7ptRIAp_doI_XktfCMM Google Doc Shukiko Pokédex

Last edited:

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello Pet Mods! I'm currently working on a... I will call it "ambitious and with comprehensive vision"... conceptual project that's basically one giant Pet Mod scouring each part of the competitive-relevant Pokemon game to remake Pokemon (the competitive game) as a whole, but better. If any of you have heard of Zarel's old NEXT metagame, it's inspired by and somewhat similar to that, but more of a huge reboot than something specifically for changes conceivable across one generation. And this is a lot more comprehensive.
To give an idea of how comprehensive of a vision I mean, there are 22 types now, the entire move and ability pools plan to be re-evaluated and rebuilt, base stats are 1-100 scalar, each Pokemon will be rebuilt (from the post-conceptual level) to optimally align with these new things, natures and EVs are folded into a new system... I probably will never finish everything, but I'm thinking big here.
The goal, like with NEXT (I think), is to create as close to an objectively appropriate/optimal metagame framework as possible while maintaining Pokemon's core elements, but there are a lot more things to toggle here. Subjectivity is of course unavoidable, but there is an objective-minded goal.

But the thing is, like with NEXT, while I DO want to hear suggestions from other people and incorporate them when appropriate, it wouldn't be voting-based. I HATE democracy. ...what I mean is that I would still have ultimate control for the project.

Is this vision something people would be interested in seeing me host here/commenting on and recommending for it? I completely understand if not, in addition to being autocratic it is more ambitiously-scoped than normal PMs and could forseeably fail to reach a single, conclusive point (even if cool ideas and processes on the way are guaranteed).

This doc shows what I've done at the given moment. I have some more plans in another spreadsheet, but significant parts of that are a bit outdated now, so don't take everything in the spreadsheet as certain. Doc takes priority.

Last edited by a moderator:

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Will regional evolutions be added when Sw/Sh are out?
I'm not part of the council or anything, but Aquatic said no on the Pet Mod Discord server, as he simply don't want new evolutions involved into the Regional Variants project. Although it can be done in a separate Pet Mod called Regional Evolutions, or being part of an evolution related Pet Mod. Just not as part of this Pet Mod here.
Back when Obstagoon and then Sirfetch'd were revealed, I'd thought that the Regional Variants Pet Mod could also introduce Regional Evolutions in the Gen 8 Regional Variants (assuming Aquatic or a replacing leader will carry it on for Gen 8)...

But as the quotes above tells you, no, Aquatic doesn't want Regional Evolutions involved in this Pet Mod. Several users of the Pet Mod Discord server and I accepted his decision as is, and this will not change in the foreseeable future. After all, it is about giving Regional Variants, not evolutions.

But what could we do for the Regional Evolutions, then? One way to go is to make a Pet Mod exclusivity about Regional Evolutions, but only as a separate, unaffiliated project rather than as a side-project of Regional Variants. Or even part of any Pet Mod involving giving new Evolutions for old Pokémon. But in either case, in a way of "standard Pikachu evolves into Alolan Raichu in Alola, but into regular Raichu everywhere else" method, to avoid stepping on Regional Variants Pet Mod's toes.

In other words, an AU situation, where ideas from Regional Variants cannot be used for the Regional Evolution Pet Mods, and vice versa.

This idea is not made to spite Aquatic or the entire Regional Variants Pet Mod, but rather fulfill a hole people wanted to make ideas of; Regional Evolutions. After all, they are cross-generational evolutions because it grants a new, generally stronger addition to a family line with only one or two stages. Pokémon being part of the evolutionary lines of three stages obviously can't receive one.

I don't think I am up for the task to lead this Pet Mod idea (though I would not mind being part of the potential Council), but for anyone willing to lead this idea, let me know. Usual slates and usual conducts aside, here's how it should work in theory.
  • Since in Sword and Shield, the Regional Evos comes from the Regional Variants, you may have fairly more liberty on the Typing, the stats, the Abilities and even design of the evolution compared to standard evolutions. Be sure to keep it faithful to the original Pokémon and not make it completely different.
  • As there are other regions involved, the upcoming National OU clauses will be utilized instead of the upcoming standard Galar Dex clauses.
    • Be warned that this means past OU threats like the Tapus, Magearna and the ever infamous Landorus-T will also be available. As such, to take the National Tiers' Pokémon into consideration instead of Galar OU.
  • Like Regional Variants Pet Mod, lores and flavors are the main priority, so there's no need to make it OU viable. Performing better than its' pre-evo is generally a better idea to go (so take Eviolite into consideration), but not to a broken level.
  • Not every one-stage or two-stage Pokémon needed an evolution, so those who already works well in OU like Mimikyu, Pelipper, Skarmory, Excadrill and especially Volcarona don't need one.
    • This may be an exception for those who were very good thanks to their Mega Evolution but then will inevitably lost their values after the retirement of Mega Evolution (as of this writing), which are Sableye, Mawile, Medicham and Lopunny. In this case, they could receive a Regional Evo, but those potential evos must have a playstyle that is different from the respective Mega Evolutions. This also applies to Kangaskhan, whose Mega Evolution is Uber to begin with.
      • This will also applies to Pokémon that were one-staged or two-staged with BST lower than 520, and still isn't in OU despite getting a Mega Evolution. The following are Abomasnow, Absol, Altaria, Audino, Banette, Camerupt, Glalie, Houndoom, Manetric, Sharpedo and Slowbro. Again though, making them OU viable is not the absolute priority.
      • Those who performs exceptionally well in either National OU or Galar OU because of the Dynamax mechanic will be an exception.
  • Do take the Dynamax mechanic into consideration; while it only last for three turns, the extra HP and Max Move effects can end up making an innocuous-looking submission into a broken mess.
  • Like in Regional Variants, don't give an insane stat or two unless you give them a serious drawback (i.e. massive Speed but average or even bad Abilities). The Council will have a right to warn any submission that went too far, and even lead to the submission in question to be disqualified if the submitter does not comply or doesn't fix the submission correctly.
    • Likewise, tier 5 Abilities (based on AAA Ability viability list) are strongly discouraged, Wonder Guard is banned (or should be done very cautiously for a Shedinja evo), and legendary exclusive Moves and Abilities cannot be given at all.
  • Like before, don't use ideas based of submissions that had won from the current Regional Variants Pet Mod.
As it will take place in Gen 8, the NatDex will be there, but whether or not Mega Evos and Z-Moves returns or if Dynamax/Gigantamax will be used instead is up to the host's own decision.

Any questions or suggestions?

UPDATE (2019-11-05): Aquatic maintain his stance on Regional Evos; no, they still won't be created for the Regional Variant Pet Mod, since it will end up shifting focus. The good news is, yes, he allows for a sister Pet Mod where we can make Regional Evolutions while keeping up with evolutionary logics, i.e. no evos for a third stage.

This allows the winner stage 1 and stage 2 Regional Variants, preferably those with lower than average BST, to gain a whole new Regional Evolution. Keep in mind about Eviolite if you want to make your defensive Regional Evolution not to get overshadowed by your defensive "Now NFE" Regional Variant. Like I said, since it involves multiple regions, it would be downright illogical to not use the National OU clause.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)