Project Personal Ubers Viability Rankings (Post-Home)

OreoSpeedruns

Embrace the wonders within.
is a Tiering Contributor
(approved by Aberforth)

Here you may share your personal viability rankings for the Ubers metagame created by Pokemon HOME compatibility being added to Pokemon Scarlet and Violet. Note that this is NOT A METAGAME DISCUSSION THREAD, so anything that isn't strictly a viability ranking list or comments on your own list should go in the metagame discussion thread instead.

Last edited:

OreoSpeedruns

Embrace the wonders within.
is a Tiering Contributor
CF866216-56C5-49D6-944A-894502D6AA20.png

(updated 6/30 to better reflect changed opinions)

Some comments I have on several mons:

:zacian-crowned:: Even after the nerfs, it's still fucking Crownedcian. It's still lightning fast and it still has a great offensive profile, and is very defensively apt for such an offensively minded mon. I'm personally not sold on Crownedcian being broken yet, but perhaps that opinion will change later down the line.

:skeledirge:: It’s the single best and most slappable physical wall in the game. It checks/counters some of the most terrifying physical attackers, like Tauntless Arceus, Koraidon, Calyrex-Ice, and Zacian, while posing an actual threat with Will-O-Wisp, Torch Song, and Hex. It’s easy to fit outside of hyper offense and produce results with in battle.

1688222926301.png
: Calm Mind Fairyceus is HELLA underrated for how dangerous it can be. Fairy is a great type in and of itself, and when you consider that Fairyceus can shed that type whenever it needs to, it's not hard to see why it can be so dangerous.

:calyrex-ice:: In a meta with a lot of really fast threats like Miraidon, Zacian, and more, Caly-I's surprisingly great bulk and access to Trick Room makes it very dangerous late game. Helps that Ice is a great attacking type.

:basculegion:: Definitely dangerous late-game, but it does struggle quite a bit with Groudon and Koraidon being great mons. It also doesn't like the prominence of Normalceus, but these are not insurmountable weaknesses and I expect Legion to see quite a bit of success.

:toxapex:: I personally hate how passive it is, plus the fact that it gives several different dangerous sweepers setup opportunities without Scald and Knock Off. Despite that, I can't deny its ability to be irritating with Haze, Toxic, and sometimes Toxic Spikes can indeed be useful on the right team.

:corviknight:: Corviknight is a fraud and you cannot convince me otherwise.

:flutter mane:: Definitely very threatening if played right, but being basically forced to be Specs to get the kills it needs makes it pretty prediction reliant, not to mention it struggles with bulky Arceus and Kyogre.

:landorus-therian:: Lando-T is weird. It lost Defog and Superpower but gained Taunt. Taunt's pretty interesting alongside Lando-T's great defensive profile, but I'm not sure how well it performs in practice.

:chi-yu:: Devastating in the right matchup, but quite a lot has to go its way for it to be truly effective.

:gothitelle:: While trapping potentially threatening mons seems attractive, in my experience Gothitelle just gives free turns to threats that you DON'T want to be giving free turns to.

:samurott-hisui:: While I personally love this mon, I can't deny that it's mega fringe at best due to being kinda slow for a lead and not consistently getting all the hazards it needs.

1688222940324.png
: I'm not aurora.

Last edited:

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Initial ideas of vr, not going into a ton of detail, and everything is ranked in alphabetical order in their respective tiers.

S Rank
S
:koraidon: Koraidon
:miraidon: Miraidon

A Rank

A+
:arceus: Arceus
:arceus-fairy: Arceus-Fairy
:arceus-ground: Arceus-Ground
:groudon: Groudon
:zacian-crowned: Zacian-Crowned

A
:eternatus: Eternatus
:giratina-origin: Giratina-Origin
:kyogre: Kyogre

A-
:arceus-water: Arceus-Water
:arceus-ghost: Arceus-Ghost
:mewtwo: Mewtwo
:skeledirge: Skeledirge
:ting-lu: Ting-Lu

B Rank

B+
:calyrex-ice: Calyrex-Ice
:clodsire: Clodsire
:grimmsnarl: Grimmsnarl
:toxapex: Toxapex

B
:arceus-grass: Arceus-Grass
:chien-pao: Chien-Pao
:chi-yu: Chi-Yu
:flutter mane: Flutter Mane
:giratina: Giratina-Altered
:palkia-origin: Palkia-Origin
:rayquaza: Rayquaza

B-
:basculegion: Basculegion
:corviknight: Corviknight
:dondozo: Dondozo
:froslass: Froslass
:gothitelle: Gothitelle
:great tusk: Great Tusk
:landorus-therian: Landorus-Therian
:iron bundle: Iron Bundle

C Rank

C (i dont know how to rank most of this stuff down here)
:dialga: Dialga
:ditto: Ditto
:glimmora: Glimmora
:iron treads: Iron Treads
:magearna: Magearna
:masquerain: Masquerain
:landorus: Landorus-Incarnate
:orthworm: Orthworm
:palafin: Palafin
:samurott-hisui: Samurott-Hisui
:spectrier: Spectrier
:urshifu: Urshifu-Single-Strike
:zamazenta-crowned: Zamazenta-Crowned

Some final thoughts:

I think both Koraidon and Miraidon are about even right now, but Specs miraidon is impossible to switch into as usual and the lack of Iron Bundle / Proto Sun mons makes there much less counterplay to this thing. That being said, Koraidon's sweepers sets are better than Miraidon's atm and Koraidon is a much better Scarfer. Both are incredible and the metagame is still warped around them.

(didn't rank all the Arceus forms because I haven't tried all of them out yet)

Ordered:
S
:koraidon:Koraidon
:miraidon:Miraidon

S-
:arceus:Arceus-Fairy
:arceus:Arceus-Ground

A+
:groudon:Groudon
:zacian-crowned:Zacian-Crowned

A
:Giratina-Origin:Giratina-O
:Eternatus:Eternatus
:Arceus:Arceus-Water
:Clodsire:Clodsire
:Skeledirge:Skeledirge
:Mewtwo:Mewtwo

A-
:Arceus:Arceus-Steel
:Chien-Pao:Chien-Pao
:Corviknight:Corviknight
:Arceus:Arceus-Normal

Not ordered:
B+
:Kyogre:Kyogre
:arceus:Arceus-Ghost
:arceus:Arceus-Grass
:glimmora:Glimmora
:calyrex-ice:Calyrex-Ice

B
:rayquaza:Rayquaza
:Landorus-therian:Lando-T
:Samurott-Hisui:Samurott-Hisui

B-
:palkia-origin:Palkia-Origin
:arceus:Arceus-Poison
:ting-lu:Ting-Lu
:flutter_mane:Flutter Mane
:grimmsnarl:Grimmsnarl
:great_tusk:Great Tusk
:arceus:Arceus-Dragon

C+
:arceus:Arceus-Fire
:giratina:Giratina
:dondozo:Dondozo

C
:dialga:Dialga
:palkia:Palkia
:masquerain:Masquerain
:toxapex:Toxapex
:ursaluna:Ursaluna
:Annihilape:Annihilape
:basculegion:Last Respects

C-
:dialga-origin:Dialga-Origin
:landorus:Lando-I
:volcarona:Volcarona
:ditto:Ditto
:orthworm:Orthworm
:moltres:Moltres
:sneasler:Sneasler

D(ogshit)
:spectrier:Spectrier
:chi-yu:Chi-Yu
:espathra:Espathra
:magearna:Magearna
:palafin:Palafin
:urshifu:Urshifu
:zamazenta-crowned:Zamazenta-Crowned
:regieleki:Regieleki
:iron_bundle:Iron Bundle
:zacian:Zacian
:arceus:Shitty Arceus forms

Personal VR Based off my experience with this tier, albiet limited.

Do note none of these tiers are ordered.

S
:Arceus: Arceus Ground
:Miraidon: Miraidon

S-
:Arceus: Arceus
:Zacian-Crowned: Zacian Crowned
:Koraidon: Koraidon
:Eternatus: Eternatus

A+
:Groudon: Groudon
:Kyogre: Kyogre
:Arceus: Arceus Fairy
:Giratina-Origin: Giratina Origin
:Ting-Lu: Ting-Lu

A
:Mewtwo: Mewtwo
:Arceus: Arceus Water
:Toxapex: Toxapex
:Skeledirge: Skeledirge

A-
:Calyrex-Ice: Calyrex Ice Rider
:Rayquaza: Rayquaza
:Giratina: Giratina Altered
:Grimmsnarl: Grimmsnarl
:Arceus: Arceus Dragon
:Chien-Pao: Chien-Pao

B+
:Clodsire: Clodsire
:Glimmora: Glimmora
:Corviknight: Corviknight
:Arceus: Arceus Poison
:Arceus: Arceus Ghost

B
:Sneasler: Sneasler
:Dialga: Dialga
:Arceus: Arceus Dark
:Ditto: Ditto
:Flutter Mane: Flutter Mane

B-
:Arceus: Arceus Flying
:Palkia-Origin: Palkia Origin
:Palafin: Palafin
:Landorus-Therian: Landorus Therian
:Dondozo: Dondozo
:Annihilape: Annihilape
:Cresselia: Cresselia

C+
:Chi-Yu: Chi-Yu
:Masquerain: Masquerain
:Iron Bundle: Iron Bundle
:Urshifu: Urshifu Single Strike
:Blissey: Blissey
:Orthworm: Orthworm
:Gothitelle: Gothitelle
:Basculegion: Male Basculegion
:Kingambit: Kingambit

C
:Ursaluna: Ursaluna
:Landorus: Landorus Incarnate
:Magearna: Magearna
:Dialga-Origin: Dialga Origin
:Moltres: Moltres
:Samurott-Hisui: Hisuian Samurott
:Great Tusk: Great Tusk
:Cyclizar: Cyclizar
:Heatran: Heatran

C-
:Arceus: Arceus Psychic
:Arceus: Arceus Fighting
:Arceus: Arceus Rock
:Regieleki: Regieleki
:Iron Valiant: Iron Valiant
:Iron Leaves: Iron Leaves
:Walking Wake: Walking Wake
:Palkia: Palkia
:Garganacl: Garganacl
:Froslass: Froslass
:Cloyster: Cloyster
:Meowscarada: Meowscarada
:Dugtrio: Dugtrio

D
:Urshifu: Urshifu Rapid Strike
:Volcarona: Volcarona
:Zamazenta-Crowned: Zamazenta Crowned
:Zacian: Zacian Hero of Many Battles
:Spectrier: Spectrier
:Espathra: Espathra
:Arceus: Arceus Bug
:Arceus: Arceus Fire
:Arceus: Arceus Ice

Note this list is not all encompassing, I did not go over all the individual Arceus forms I wasn't comfortable commenting on, and I may have missed one or two Ubers

Last edited:

corvere

and beneath the mist, i saw my true reflection
is a Top Contributor
koraidon is miles above groundy. ekiller is overrated.

s:
:koraidon:

s-:
:arceus-ground: (ground)
:zacian-crowned:
:miraidon:

a+:
:arceus-ghost: (ghost)
:arceus-fairy: (fairy)
:ting-lu:

a:
:kyogre:
:eternatus:
:arceus-poison: (poison)
:landorus-therian:
:skeledirge:

a-:
:mewtwo:
:calyrex-ice:
:arceus-grass: (grass)
:flutter-mane:
:arceus: (normal)
:groudon:

b+:
:toxapex:
:grimmsnarl:
:arceus-water: (water)
:rayquaza:
:walking-wake:

b:
:great-tusk:
:corviknight:
:giratina-origin:
:cresselia:
:chi-yu:
:arceus-steel: (steel)
:urshifu:
:chien-pao:

b-:
:palkia:
:arceus-fire: (fire)
:arceus-fighting: (fighting)
:basculegion:
:clodsire:
:gothitelle:
:samurott-hisui:
:hatterene:

c+:
:blissey:
:Meowscarada:
:ursaluna:
:ditto:
:giratina:
:iron-bundle:

c:
:palkia-origin:
:dialga:
:heatran:
:volcarona:
:glimmora:
:zamazenta-crowned:
:masquerain:
:froslass:
:dondozo:

Last edited:

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Hi all, wanted to give my two cents on the tier here! I couldn't be assed to write stuff for the C tiers but this should be informative enough for you if you are interested in the meta :toast:

S:
:miraidon:
  • Specs is the most OP breaker in the tier
  • scarf is a good cleaner/revenge killer
  • can take advantage of predictable switches with u-turn to let breakers like chien-pao or rayquaza come in easy
  • CM sets can be extremely powerful breakers, especially against non-Ting Lu teams
  • I give it a slight nod over korai just for better breaking power, but the #1 slot could go either way

:koraidon:
  • ls less overwhelmingly good than Miraidon but it has more set variety
  • Good defensive utility vs ogre, ekiller, cm arceus forms
  • scarf is a fantastic revenge killer
  • Has more solid and varied checks than miraidon but it can break them all depending on the set
  • U-Turn can abuse its checks and set-up strong breakers like flutter, wake, or chi-yu
  • Band sets chew up everything but require more prediction than specs mirai does
  • Set-up sets are plentiful and its hard to tell which is which at first, making them harder to deal with

A+
:ting-lu:
  • the best check to Miraidon in the tier by far, including Specs Mirai
  • Sets up 10 billion hazards
  • Ruination prevents it from being too passive
  • WW is good against CM Arcs and Cress/Mag stored power shenanigans
  • overwhelming bulk lets it find a ton of use even when mirai isn't around

• By itself, it can't reliably check anything, but it works very well in sync with other defensive core mons
  • Has uses vs both Korai and Mirai and the typing is critical for dragons in general (especially since steel or fairy types are so rare)
  • CM sets are good with strong neutral coverage in Fairy/Ground or taunt
  • Can do rocks, WoW, and taunt shenanigans if it wants to

• it's defensive utility is overrated as it can't check Specs/CM Miraidon well and its type overlaps with the overabundant Ground-types in the tier
  • Despite this, it's offensive presence is very good, especially DD sets; its very strong on HO
  • CM sets are very hard to deal with in general outside of Grassceus/Ogre thanks to it discouraging toxic from clod/etern and breaking through skele
  • it surprisingly pairs well with blissey who can take on mirai well with it

A:
:zacian-crowned:
  • Its breaking ability has been severely nerfed and unaware mons sit on it forever
  • Zacian's best role is not as a breaker, but as a revenge killer/cleaner
  • Has an extremely useful typing which gives it a niche on many balance builds thanks to its hard-to-find resistances to Ice, Dragon, and Fairy
  • Is still fairly good on HO
  • relying on tera ground to break can work sometimes but is fairly gimmicky IMO - you should probably just accept that this mon loses to unaware mons and plan accordingly with your teammates. Remember, you cannot rely on zacian to break!

:skeledirge:
  • Great role compression in checking Koraidon, Zacian, and Ekiller all in one slot
  • Unaware is an amazing ability and it even gives it use against CM Arc forms like Fairy and Grass
  • Torch Song makes it a late-game wincon
  • Boots and reliable recovery means it's a reliable check even with hazards spam
  • does not get overwhelmed like pex or groudon can (unless you get caught by tera type coverage)
  • Fairly easy to take advantage of with U-Turn or double switching

:corviknight:
  • being the only defogger with reliable recovery gives it a big niche
  • Steel/Flying typing is extremely valuable as it's one of the few ground resists and it's the only defensive steel-type in the tier
  • Slow u-turns can give you great momentum
  • Has good ability to defog against the ground-types thanks to pressure and a toxic/ground immunity
  • Doesn't check a whole lot reliably but it has a lot of uses against zacian, groundceus, and ekiller, meaning it's a good pair with your main defensive mons

:giratina-origin:
  • alternative defogger to Corv, deals with Groudon better and has better offensive presence
  • Can spread status well and Hex is decently strong
  • A very valuable Ground immunity and WoW gives it a decent defensive niche, although it does stack weaknesses with the many Dragons in this tier
  • No recovery is its biggest limiting factor

:groudon:
  • good all-around physical wall
  • pblades + wisp is a very good combo
  • sets a lot of hazards
  • no recovery is a huge limiter, so it can be overwhelmed
  • no protect means it loses a lot of recovery and scouting ability, but no 2nd attack leaves it in awkward situation against ground immunities

A-:
:toxapex:
  • Decent check to Korai/Zacian in 1 slot
  • Can set and absorb T-Spikes
  • Regenerator is OP and it lets it run greater item variety
  • Helmet gives it good chip damage on U-Turning Koraidons and Zacian
  • Mental Herb is great to get off a toxic on Arceus forms
  • Very passive and relies on Helmet or poison for damage
  • Can be overwhelmed by boosted Zacians or Koraidons, making it not as reliable as Unaware mons and necessitating other checks

:kyogre:
  • Clodsire and Koraidon limit a lot of sets
  • Specs can massacre teams without Clodsire or Grassceus (especially considering how many teams lacking a Ice-resist exist rn, meaning you have to predict less)
  • SubCM sets can break through Clodsire using Ice Beam or Tera Ground
  • Defensively, its rain can nerf Koraidon and it has good uses against Arceus forms (especially CM Groundceus)

• Best defensive Arceus form
  • Best all-around Kyogre check in the tier, a good secondary Miraidon checks, and its Ground resist lets it check Groundceus and gives it a huge niche overall
  • A lot of set variety, it can spread Twave well or run CM or 3 attacks sets
  • It's offensive profile may look weak but Grass Knot does insane damage even resisted thanks to how heavy the tier is generally

:clodsire:
  • insane role compression, functions as a mirai check, ogre check, CM arceus check, eternatus check, TSpike absorber, and hazard setter
  • Despite this, it's VERY easy to take advantage of due to its passive nature
  • Mirai breaks through with Specs, while Ogre can break through with its own Specs or SubCM sets, and CM Arceus forms can tera poison/steel
  • Using it successfully requires you use its role compression to the fullest with your teammates having more freedom
  • unaware is underrated

:eternatus:
  • Kinda OK Kyogre check + absorbs TSpikes
  • Toxic and its speed tier are very helpful against CM Arceus and Taunt Spam Teams
  • Can be very hard to actually deal with and switch-into without Clodsire as Toxic is very threatening and it has reliable recovery
  • A good TSpikes setter with DTail
  • Scarf sets are actually good thanks to absorbing t-spikes, good neutral coverage, toxic, and its high speed
  • It tends to stack weaknesses to Ice, Dragon, and Ground with many common mons in the tier

:rayquaza:
  • Very strong offensive mon
  • DD sets work well on HO
  • Band sets are great and can kill most things with tera flying dragon ascent
  • band sets work as both a breaker and revenge killer on fat balance teams thanks to extremespeed, giving it can edge over other breakers
  • hard to switch-in and rocks weakness hurts it
  • can work as a half-decent suicide lead for HO

:gothitelle:
  • Extremely strong against majority of balance teams due to trapping ting-lu/clod/pex/don/support arc
  • offensive mirai/korai have insane synergy with it
  • perhaps not as much use as last gen due to stuff like skele, whirlwind ting, and taunt arceus being not the worst vs. it
  • bad against HO

B+:
:chien-pao:
  • Similar to Rayquaza above, band doubles as a breaker and revenge killer for balance
  • very strong vs groudon teams and teams without a solid ice-resist
  • also works fantastically on HO
  • again, hard to switch-in and rocks weakness hurts it, but very strong breaker overall

:mewtwo:
  • Stall2 is good
  • Fast Taunt can it let it mess up many balance teams
  • Pretty bad against HO in general due to not actually checking much

:flutter mane:
  • Still a very strong breaker thanks to its STAB combination and good coverage
  • Specs is very strong but the locked moves really hurt its ability to break
  • LO sets can be very threatening breakers since they have coverage for most of the defensive mons
  • support arceus forms in general annoy it by just having more BST than flutter does and tanking its hits

:landorus-therian:
  • scarf sets are pretty good thanks to intimidate, u-turn, and a ground/spikes immunity
  • defensive sets are OK
  • can go mixed and run grass knot to smack groundceus, groudon, and ogre
  • sets rocks
  • not actually bulky enough to consistently check stuff like zacian or korai

• this arceus has the luxury of using monoattacking sets which other arceus forms often can't use due to type immunities
  • taunt/wisp or CM sets are fairly decent against balance but usually need you to burn/take out zacian first

• Ghost-typing goes neutral against most things in the tier
  • can be a strong sweeper by wearing down ting-lu over the course of a game
  • defensive utility isn't as good as the other arceus forms but its immunities give it some niche vs. koraidon and by spinblocking
  • CM/SD sets don't get beaten back by skele/gira-o like most set-up arceus do

:arceus:
  • Extremespeed good, a decent breaker with taunt
  • can provide a useful revenge killing role
  • typing gives it little defensive utility (although not many weaknesses either)
  • needs taunt to get past skele/don but this leaves it open to being whittled down
  • in addition to the above, Zacian/Koraidon need to be down for it to realistically sweep

:dondozo:
  • One of the few mons outside of skele/don/pex to check Koraidon, Zacian, and Physical arceus sets all at once
  • its typing is very useful for the few weaknesses and the Ice resist giving it a strong niche against Chien/Caly I teams
  • Unaware and its huge stats make it very strong vs HO teams as most physical mons simply can't break it
  • unaware makes it more reliable against korai/zacian then don and pex are
  • lack of recovery hurts it, and this means it has to run lefties, making it vulnerable to hazard spam and especially tspikes

:grimmsnarl:
  • Screens is the best style of HO right now and Grimmsnarl is the best enabler of it
  • ting-lu annoys it but play rough isn't bad against it
  • is best used with an entry hazard setter

:palkia:
  • severely underrated rn
  • being a great kyogre check gives it good defensive utility, and unlike palkia-o, it can run leftovers
  • not the strongest breaker in the world, but it can provide utility with t-wave and dragon tail
  • fairyceus/clod/grassceus tend to sit on it really hard

:blissey:
  • has a unique niche thanks to heal bell, allowing you to run rest mons much better
  • it has a lot of defensive utility against mirai, kyogre, etern, and special arceus sets
  • due to the two above points, blissey allows you to run interesting things like unaware clod or CM groundceus which could be otherwise hard to fit on most balance builds
  • one of the better switch-ins to stuff like chi-yu and walking wake
  • blissey can set rocks which is cool
  • passive and relies on stoss to do any damage, meaning it loses to stuff like CM arceus which it could normally check in past gens

B:
:great tusk:
  • Cool for being an alternative hazard removal method
  • checks koraidon but cannot check zacian reliably, meaning it needs to be run with another phys def wall
  • play rough makes it able to break down gira-o eventually to spin
  • no recovery is rough especially against tspikes
  • offensive sets tend to get boxed out by arceus but still have some niche, probably band or scarf

:calyrex-ice:
  • it looks like an incredibly strong breaker at first glance
  • few ice-resists in the tier and caly-S being banned means it can finally run agility sets
  • excels against groudon teams
  • unfortunately, the glacial lance base power nerf and the lose of high horsepower lower its ability to break greatly
  • has a very hard time getting past skeledirge, pex, or dondozo, and zacian is another challenge to overcome
  • a rocks weakness mean it's always locked into using boots
  • TR sets have the luxury of being able to use more EVs and run an attack boosting nature but essentially have the same issues as above with the added drawback of TR turns being limited
  • band is probably not bad

:walking wake:
  • Specs goes absolutely crazy, especially if it come in for free from a u-turning koraidon
  • clod annoys it by making it actually have to predict
  • not much use otherwise but strong breaker

:chi-yu:
  • the addition of ogre and etern hurt it a lot
  • still a pretty good breaker since these two mons aren't on most teams, but it does make chi-yu significantly more fishy than it used to be (get it????)

• good defensive typing, especially the ice and fire resistances
  • taunt/wow spam is pretty decent
  • CM is okay but I think ogre does it better
  • can check zacian pretty well as most don't run wild charge, as well as groundceus
  • koraidon/ekiller overwhelm it
  • vulnerable to all hazards and competes with other arceus forms which have more defensive utility or offensive presence
  • its judgement is resisted by many things and sun is extremely common, making it more passive than it would normally be

:cresselia:
  • espathra but better
  • can absolutely destroy unprepared balances with CM stored power sets and tera poison/steel
  • levitate leaves it with only 1 or 2 weakness after using tera and gives it a decent defensive niche
  • unless its setting up to win the game, tends to lose you momentum due to its weak attacks
  • kinda buns vs HO

B-:
:urshifu:
  • very strong breaker vs. teams that lack fairyceus
  • sucker punch gives it some revenge killing utility, but not as much as ray/chien
  • a good set-up sweeper on webs

:froslass:
  • the best HO lead thanks to spikes, icy wind, and cursed body
  • loses to max speed taunt arceus forms

:meowscarada:
  • generally worse than froslass but has a niche thanks to outspeeding taunt arceus as well as having access to t-spikes

• an unironically decent arceus form on HO, thanks to being able to take-on Zacian, a valuable and rare niche to have
  • a burn immunity is very useful
  • can break well with flare blitz/eq/outrage and/or taunt
  • A rocks weakness and reliance on flare blitz are a real limit to its staying power, although recover can help

:giratina:
  • good on stall with blissey
  • generally you'd probably want to go gira-o otherwise

:dialga:
  • underrated in general
  • makes for a decent scarfer thanks to having an extremespeed resist, as well as a rocks resist and poison immunity
  • can set rocks (on scarf sets too)
  • can spam dragon moves fairly well and can run steel coverage to hit fairyceus

:hatterene:
  • prevents hazards well
  • obviously good for trick room teams but regular support sets and unexplored

• An OK arceus form, it has some defensive utility vs. zacian and miraidon which is nice
  • CM sets can sweep well but they really need ting-lu GONE

:iron bundle:
  • great speed tier
  • freeze dry/pump is still pretty good coverage, and it can annoy stuff with taunt/flip turn
  • the addition of arceus forms is difficult for bundle in general as they have a lot of BST to tank your hits
  • another sun setter really limits it
  • rocks weakness sucks

quick thoughts:
  • Meta has a decent amount of variety and is pretty fun!
  • Mirai and Korai are by far the best offensive mons and best ways to get momentum in the tier
  • Fairy, Ground, and Grass are the best arceus forms
  • status absorbers are important
  • ways to deal with runaway set-up sweepers like CM Arceus, Kyogre, Skele, Cresselia etc. are important
  • the inherent randomness of tera makes running a revenge killer like zacian/scarf korai/scarf mirai almost always useful
  • ignore hazard control at your own risk - your team better have good momentum and some boots!
  • a lot of builders are still not running adequate checks to a lot of threats
  • the tier has an overabundance of ground and dragon types and very few ground resists and steels - keep this in mind when building!

Last edited:
Will provide some insights to the current meta, although its still at an infant state and no possible idea when DLC would be released that could shake up the meta again.

Shiny (and Magearna) = Had tested
Non Shiny (except Arceus forms) = To be tested

SVHOMEUbers (text).png

Will mostly be diving into B to C- territory, anything else above is self-explanatory, and ranked in order

As for Iron Treads being higher than Great Tusk, since HOME introduced enough physical checks capable of handling Koraidon well enough, the only things that could check Miraidon are mostly the Arceus forms, and Iron Treads thrives well against Clodsire, and prevelance of Toxic with Eternatus' return.

Insight Comments

B
  • :mewtwo: Mewtwo:
    Still has moveslot issues despite gaining Earth Power as coverage offensively and could be easily outsped, Stall2 is usable in some capacity with a Defensive Tera Typing.
  • :basculegion: Basculegion:
    Has flexibility in choosing between Adaptability and Swift Swim, and either Choice Band or Scarf. Heavily reliant on Last Respects, although it is spammable even at 150 BP, and its Water STAB generally breaks past most things.
  • :flutter-mane: Flutter Mane:
    Great revenge killer under Sun against Hyper Offense, although struggles to break past bulkier opponents, especially most Arceus forms. If it fails to claim a KO, it would usually be KOed/Statused easily in return.
  • :dondozo: Dondozo:
    Far superior than Skeledirge in terms of bulk. Quite reliant on Rest however, often leads to Miraidon abusing such teams that rely on it as a sole physical wall.
  • :samurott-hisui: Samurott-Hisui:
    Swords Dance is a great wallbreaker while setting Spikes, Tera Ghost providing another opportunity to get another boost, along with Sucker Punch. Koraidon, Zacian-Crowned, and Unaware users hinder its sweeping potential. Generally a good lead.
  • :rayquaza: Rayquaza:
    Offensively outclassed by Arceus and Koraidon as a physical sweeper, has trouble breaking through Unaware users, unless moves are sacrificed to slot in Draco Meteor. Could potentially mix and match moves as a lead by either setting Stealth Rock or a DD Boost.
  • :hatterene: Hatterene:
    The best Magic Bounce user available currently. Although less reliable in bulk and longevity than Arceus-Fairy, its quite splashable on Balance and Stall structures, while not being a momentum sink by relieving burden on Defog teammates and responding by Draining Kiss/Nuzzle.

B-
  • :gholdengo: Gholdengo:
    The best anti-hazard blocker (if Air Balloon is used), functions quite well on Bulky Offense and Web HO. Able to take at least 1 hit from Gira-O at full before going down. HOME introduces more threats that could use it as setup opportunity, can become fodder if its teammates do not respond aggressively.
  • :landorus-therian: Landorus-T:
    Addition of Taunt makes it a decent lead with Intimidate, Swords Dance being a relevant pick, while allowing Scarf sets to be a surprise factor. However, it relies heavily on the matchup to perform well, or else being relegated to fodder.
  • :palkia-origin: Palkia-O:
    Generally quite fast while being immune to Trick, having moveslot flexibility over Walking Wake, with a decent matchup against offensive structures. Still struggles to breakthrough specially defensive walls, especially Clodsire and Blissey.
  • :magearna-original: :cresselia: Magearna / Cresselia:
    Threatening setup sweepers, although reliant on accumulating a hefty amount of boosts to do so. Easily shutdown by Taunt, at +1 relatively most things are still capable of taking them on, and heavily relies on Tera to bypass Toxic / have better longevity.
  • :chi-yu: Chi Yu:
    Great wallbreaker, especially when Sun is still prevalent enough. The return of Kyogre and more Rain-dependent threats that had been introduced from HOME hinders its sweeping capabilities.
  • :ursaluna: Ursaluna:
    Devastating under Trick Room, especially with a Swords Dance boost active that destroys even resist, and is capable to take enough hits to not be revenge killed easily. Obviously, reliant on Trick Room to function well, otherwise it could be easily worn down.
  • :great-tusk: Great Tusk:
    Still a good Rapid Spin user that threatens other Stealth Rock setters / switch-ins, especially Iron Treads. However, prevalence on more Special Attackers returning, especially Kyogre and Eternatus, makes its bulk less susceptible in the current meta.
  • :glimmora: Glimmora:
    Still capable of setting multiple hazards at once on various team structures, from offense to defense alike. However, Eternatus' return and Clodsire's rise, along with how easily hazards can be handled now has hampered its effectiveness.
  • :corviknight: Corviknight:
    A good Defogger with reliable recovery and typing to stay healthy as long as possible. HOME introducing returning threats makes it a fodder however, given that it does not threaten anything in response well.
  • :arceus-grass: Arceus-Grass:
    Able to handle Kyogre, Miraidon, and most Groudon sets simultaneously while accumulating CM boost with Taunt and Tera. However, it tends to bring in poison types often, along with Gholdengo and Corviknight if it does not have the right coverage.
  • :arceus-electric: Arceus-Electric:
    Capable of acting as a one-time switch in against Miraidon on certain Hyper Offensive structures, abusing Tera and possibly terrain for a strong BoltBeam coverage. However, it has to decide between Taunt or Recover, which means losing to either Toxic, or longevity.

C+
  • :cloyster: Cloyster:
    A decent lead / late-game cleaner, along with gaining Drill Run to bypass most Steel types and having Tera to give it another opportunity to use Shell Smash again. However, Skeledirge and Dondozo's rise means it can't sweep consistently.
  • :walking-wake: Walking Wake:
    Able to handle Sun and Rain teams simultaneously often, with either Choice Specs or Agility sets. Clodsire's rise, alongside other faster threats means that it is prone to switching out often, which would waste a slot especially if it relies on Protosynthesis boosted Draco Meteors / Boosted Hydro Steams to be threatening.
  • :blissey: Blissey:
    Finally regaining Heal Bell from HOME, it could take on Special threats and Skeledirge while providing its usual Cleric Support. Of course, Taunt's widespread use still hampers its effectiveness.
  • :landorus: Landorus-I:
    Access to Taunt means it could reliably set up Stealth Rock / breakthrough Special walls such as Blissey and Tera Clodsire. However, it has to sacrifice coverage against Hatterene / Corvknight if it wants to set Stealth Rock as its unable to dent both simultaneously, and susceptible to being outsped from revenge killers often.
  • :dialga: Dialga:
    Decent typing to switch into Miraidon and threaten it while holding a Choice Scarf, alongside cripping Special Walls like Blissey and Clodsire when it gained Trick. However, Choice Scarf Miraidon and Koraidon could find an opportunity to come in aggressively and wreak havoc if its not Healthy.
  • :gothitelle: Gothitelle:
    Still capable of trapping passive threats effectively, however the loss of Cosmic Power and Confide means its quite susceptible to Special threats to come in after it has already trapped something, especially Miraidon. Reliant on Choice Scarf to neuter walls can be a hinderance if it has been Knocked Off.
  • :meowscarada: Meowscarada:
    The fastest Spikes Lead available, along with Taunt to prevent Defog attempts, along with Flower Trick and Knock Off to hinder its opponent. However, it relies on Tera to block Rapid Spin attempts and does not synchronise with Gholdengo as a partner.
  • :sneasler: Sneasler:
    A threatening Unburden Sweeper while able to breakthrough its checks without reliance on Tera, through a chance with Dire Claw. However, Ekiller's prevelance, along with faster revenge killers makes it easy to deal with Sneasler while not triggering its consumable item.
  • :grimmsnarl: Grimmsnarl:
    The best Screen setter around, while gaining Parting Shot as a pivoting move to reliably switch into teammates. However, Screens HO can be inconsistent with Unaware users around, despite Taunt being common.
  • :arceus-dark: Arceus-Dark:
    A decent mono setup sweeper, with CM and Taunt in place of Refresh, alongside Tera negating Koraidon and Zacian-Crowned that have been weakened for a boosted Judgement to breakthrough them. Opposing CM users can lead to a stale mirror match however.
  • :arceus-dragon: Arceus-Dragon:
    Decent typing to run a Dragon Dance set, with Fire and Water resistance intially, along with a flexible choice of Tera types to lure in its checks, especially Koraidon, and Miraidon. However, Dondozo and Skeledirge still wears it down, even if it has Taunt. Its reliance on Tera to be effective also hampers it as a setup sweeper.
  • :arceus-steel: Arceus-Steel:
    Could either run a Stealth Rock, Dragon Dance, or Calm Mind set with its decent defensive typing. Sun's prevelance and Unaware users means its not consistent and heavily relies on favourable matchups to be effective.
  • :arceus-poison: Arceus-Poison:
    Natural poison typing alongside great bulk, allows it to run a Cosmic Power set utilizing Body Press, Stored Power, or Taunt. However, it is unable to fit all in one set and has to forego recovery or a coverage to do so. When it does have a perfect opportunity to setup, it becomes difficult to handle thanks to its naturally decent speed.
  • :roaring-moon: Roaring Moon:
    Still capable of utilizing a mono acrobatics set and fast Choice Band set, even without relying on Sun, which would be more difficult to handle thanks to Protosynthesis' speed boost. However, it heavily relies on Tera to take on more hits and multiple boots to become a threat, which would potentially be wasting a slot.
  • :lilligant-hisui: Lilligant-Hisui:
    A generally decent Chlorophyll user as well as a setup sweeper through Hustle with a Victory Dance boost. However, it has to choose between Ice Spinner or Sleep Powder, while Hustle being inconsistent at times, alongside Ekiller necessitating it to run Tera Ghost often, means it could be a liability at times.

C
  • :dragonite: Dragonite:
    Still a decent sweeper using Tera Normal to boost its Extreme Speed. The return of Giratina and faster Threats forces it to run a coverage over roost, and Unaware users hampering its effectiveness in general.
  • :giratina: Giratina:
    The bulkiest defogger around, and even more passive than Corvknight. The loss of Toxic and Roar generally means more threats could switch and use it as fodder, while it could opt for a more offensive approach but is easily shutdown by Taunt and Rest being its only source of Recovery, could potentially waste a slot.
  • :froslass: Froslass:
    A generally fast Spikes lead with a natural Ghost typing to block Rapid Spin attempts from Iron Treads and Great Tusk. However, faster leads like Meowscarada and Greninja, alongside fast attackers that use Taunt prevent it from being as effective as it used to.
  • :heatran: Heatran:
    A decent pivot against Koraidon, Eternatus, and Skeledirge, alongside setting up Stealth Rock when the opportunity presents itself. However, the loss of Toxic means it becomes more of a fodder for Special attackers to switch into, especially Miraidon and Kyogre.
  • :masquerain: Masquerain:
    The fastest Sticky Webs setter available, in addition to also have Whirlwind to rack up hazard damage, and Stun Spore to slow down opponents. However, Hatterene comfortably switches into it, alongside faster Taunt users shutting it down.
  • :alomomola: Alomomola:
    A bulky wish supporter with huge longevity thanks to Regenerator and great physical bulk. However, it does little in return aside from chipping the opposition with Whirlpool and Chilling Water, making it susceptible to setup sweepers and Taunt.
  • :slowking-galar: Slowking-Galar:
    Decent pivot and utilizes Tera well enough to bolster its longevity. However, it can be easily worn down with strong attacks in general.
  • :dialga-origin: Dialga-O:
    Gains a nifty increase to its special bulk alongside a Trick Immunity. However, being unable to utilise an item itself means its much more predictable to deal with due to its low speed, and its bulk being rendered ineffective.
  • :kingambit: Kingambit:
    A decent lategame cleaner, with relatively good bulk alongside Sucker Punch that compliments its high attack. The return of Zacian and prevelance of Koraidon however, hampers its breaking potential unless they Terastallized into a type that is not resistant to Sucker Punch.
  • :palafin-hero: Palafin:
    A decent wallbreaker that could be paired on Rain alongside Kyogre and Basculegion for an onslaught. However, rain must be active for it to be effective to revenge kill certain threats, otherwise it would be a waste of a potential slot.
  • :greninja: Greninja:
    A decent hazard lead that sets either Spikes or T-Spikes. Meowscarada and poison types being common again hamper Greninja's effectiveness, alongside protean nerf means it can no longer use Taunt + Shadow Sneak to block Rapid Spin attempts other than surf threatening Great Tusk.
  • :hawlucha: Hawlucha:
    A decent Unburden sweeper with a natural ground immunity. However, it has to utilise Tera Ghost to prevent falling to Ekiller, along with Unaware users capable to comfortably handling it even when they have been taunted.
  • :iron-valiant: Iron Valiant:
    A decent choice for Electric terrain, able to utilise any form of Physical and Special attacks to check Hyper Offense teams. It struggles to breakthrough certain matchups if it does not have the right moves of choice.
  • :iron-moth: Iron Moth:
    A decent wallbreaker in conjuction with Shed Tail support, capable of dealing with Kyogre and Eternatus With Energy Ball and Psychic. However, Shed Tail support is much more difficult to setup currently, and without any support it can be easily KOed.
  • :moltres-galar: Moltres-Galar:
    A decent abuser of Screens HO, with good bulk and Nasty Plot + Agility, along with Tera providing resistances depending on the matchup. However, Scarf Koraidon and Miraidon still threaten it unless it has Sticky Web support, which compromises the team further.
  • :sandy-shocks: Sandy Shocks:
    A decent pivot into Miraidon locked into Electro Drift, along utilitising Tera Fairy to its advantage and handling Koraidon, with either a Booster Energy, or Choice Scarf set. However, it does not handle Eternatus, Blissey, and Clodsire well, along with its frailty, has little switch-in opportunities to come in safely.
  • :ditto: Ditto: :wazowski:
  • :arceus-flying: Arceus-Flying:
    Another form that could potentially utilise a mono setup sweeper set, however the prevalence of Miraidon and Zacian-Crowned means it has lesser opportunities to setup and uses Tera far too early.
  • :enamorus: Enamorus:
    Able to use a SubCM set, Mixed, or Physical attacker on Sticky Web teams, while avoiding most hazards naturally from its Flying type. Aside from that, it is generally frail without the respective boost and requires multiple support to avoid faster threats.

C-
  • :zacian: Zacian-Hero:
    Could use either Choice Band to break past walls, or Choice Scarf to revenge kill fast threats, especially Scarf Koraidon and Miraidon. However, Unaware users and Zacian-Crowned's presence dissuade any switch-in attempts.
  • :chien-pao: Chien-Pao:
    A strong Dark / Ice physical attacker with decent coverage to deal with the meta. Currently, its speed is at an awkward state that leaves it prone for Zacian and Ekiller to revenge kill. The lack of prime targets other than Gira-O neuters its threat potential.
  • :iron-leaves: Iron Leaves:
    A Decent abuser of Electric Terrain, hitting quite hard with a Choice Band set or Sword Dance, with Quark Drive boosting either attack or speed respectively, allowing it to deal with Groudon, Kyogre, and Eternatus simultaneously. Generally prone to being revenged killed due to its poor bulk.
  • :maushold: Maushold:
    Population Bomb and Tidy Up provides its niche as a Hazard Remover and Sweeper simultaneously. However, it requires tremendous support to effectively setup.
  • :regieleki: Regieleki:
    An inferior Arceus-Electric that is much faster and access to Rapid Spin. It has the choice to use other Tera Types, but generally it only threatens any Ghost types thats not Giratina to Spin, due to its frailty.
  • :hippowdon: Hippowdon:
    A niche option for certain bulky teams that could utilise Sand, and could check Miraidon and Koraidon with Tera Fairy. However, it is middling at best and quite passive due to the loss of Toxic.
  • :chansey: Chansey:
    A bulkier yet even more passive version of Blissey. Although Eviolite bolsters its defense, the inability to carry another item along the loss of Toxic hinders its effectiveness.
  • :mew: Mew:
    Could either run a lead set, or a niche Cosmic Power set. Both of its roles however, are generally outclassed by Arceus forms and better leads, despite having decent bulk and attack.
  • :spidops: Spidops:
    Despite being slower than Masquerain, it has decent bulk to bluff a Focus Sash and run Mental Herb, along with a variety of options to use different hazards and ways to slow down opponents using Silk Trap / String Shot. Although it could phase Hatterene out and rack up hazard damage with Circle Throw, it generally loses to either Taunt or Special Attacks depending on the item held.
  • :armarouge: Armarouge:
    Is still a decent sun pivot and Zacian-Crowned check, while Eternatus is unable to Switch-in safely a Flash Fire Choice Specs set. However, it is generally fodder against Rain.
  • :zamazenta-crowned: Zamazenta-Crowned:
    Despite the nerf, +2 Body Press provides decent damage along with Tera granting more resistances. Obviously, relying on Body Press as the main source of Damage is not feasible, especially with Unaware users, Eternatus, and Giratina forms being common.
  • :urshifu: Urshifu-Single Strike:
    Choice Band in conjunction with Tera Dark Wicked Blow makes it unwallable aside from Tera Fairy users, Arceus-Fairy, and Zacian-Crowned around. However, it needs to force a passive threat in order to claim KOs effectively, alongside having middling bulk for the meta.
  • :zoroark-hisui: Zoroark-Hisui:
    Having an immunity to Fighting attacks, alongside Extreme Speed + Shadow Sneak immunity, ,access to Trick, and relatively strong Special attacking stats and moves, allows it to utilise Illusion effectively. Obviously, faster threats tends to outspeed and scout for it, which relegates it to mostly be niche.
  • :dugtrio: Dugtrio:
    A niche trapper that could come into Koraidon, Miraidon, or Eternatus using Tera Fairy. However, Gothitelle outclasses it and generally, its targets tend to be coinflip matchup as it relies on them locking into a unfavorable move.
  • :garganacl: Garganacl:
    Salt Cure and temporary Ghost check provides its niche, although in this current meta, Taunt's prevalence and increased power level makes Garganacl's role specific to certain teams.
  • :cyclizar: Cyclizar:
    Provides a fast Shed Tail support, and Rapid Spin.
  • :orthworm: Orthworm:
    Also provides Shed Tail support, with momentum due to its low speed. It could also use Coil to handle physical threats, although it is outclassed by both Skeledirge and Dondozo, due to reliance on Tera.
  • :kleavor:Kleavor:
    Able to setup Stealth Rock without worrying about Magic Bounce and Taunt. However, it is much more frail than Hisui Samurott, and generally lacks coverage to become a sweeper.
  • :amoonguss: Amoonguss:
    Could blanket check Miraidon, Kyogre, and Iron Treads simultaneously. Sleep being neuter from Miraidon's Electric Terrain has hampered its effectiveness, which could become fodder for Substitute setup sweepers.
  • :palkia: Palkia:
    Could run a held item, along with decent coverage options. However, its former issues still plague it as has to pick its coverage and either Choice Specs or Scarf, foregoing either one mans it loses out of KOes, and.or Revenge Killing opportunites.
  • :arceus-ice: Arceus-Ice:
    Could use a BoltBeam CM set with a naturally stronger Ice STAB, or a Dragon Dance set with a strong physical Ice Tera Blast. However, any other Arceus form can do it better, and its Natural Ice Type hinders its capabilities, being outclassed by Iron Bundle.
  • :arceus-fire: Arceus-Fire:
    Could also use a Dragon Dance set, with general switch-in capabilities to Koraidon's Flare Blitz. However, it is prone to recoil thanks to Flare Blitz, and constantly being forced to Tera in order to counteract Kyogre and Rain teams.
  • :muk-alola: Alolan Muk:
    A decent pivot against Special attacker, especially Flutter Mane, Eternatus, and Iron Bundle. However, it relies on accumulated Curse boots alongside Tera for increased longevity, which could potentially be a waste if its role does not catered to its team.

Last edited:
This is my ordered personal VR
S Rank
S
1691665762817.png
Koraidon
1691665777840.png
Miraidon
S-
1691665856697.png
Zacian-Crowned
1691665871427.png
1691665877495.png
Arceus-Fairy
A Rank
A+
1691665914672.png
Ting-Lu
1691665928551.png
1691665938326.png
Arceus-Ground
A
1691666024059.png
Kyogre
1691665979952.png
Groudon
1691665996940.png
Skeledirge
1691666010308.png
Eternatus
1691666198241.png
Giratina-Origin
A-
1691666174991.png
Landorus-Therian
1691666115035.png
Arceus-Normal
1691666156747.png
Corviknight
1691666138893.png
Toxapex
1691666221946.png
Mewtwo
B Rank
B+
1691666261464.png
Flutter Mane
1691666276750.png
Clodsire
1691666321910.png
1691666328829.png
Arceus-Water
1691666405259.png
Rayquaza
B
1691666605621.png
Calyrex-Ice
1691666623803.png
Giratina
1691666646787.png
Basculegion
1691666709087.png
Blissey

B-
1691666735919.png
1691666740948.png
Arceus-Grass
1691666771268.png
Kingambit
1691666797808.png
Gothitelle
1691666813210.png
Iron Bundle
1691666826456.png
Cresselia
1691666840376.png
Palkia-Origin

Last edited:
:corviknight:: Corviknight is a fraud and you cannot convince me otherwise.
100% Agree. It was amazing when we first saw it in action, but incredibly overrated. It's good for frustrating noobs or physical attackers that lack in variety/super effective moves (fire, electric), but even above average teams can find a way to deal with it. Corviknight's job as a wall cannot be done if you invest in offense as well and it doesn't have a very great move set either.

:landorus-therian:: Lando-T is weird. It lost Defog and Superpower but gained Taunt. Taunt's pretty interesting alongside Lando-T's great defensive profile, but I'm not sure how well it performs in practice.
Gamefreak removing those moves is pretty odd, especially defog. Neither made Lando broken or anything and gave it a bit more utility clearing hazards. Taunt is a welcome addition but I don't think it'll be a huge game changer.

Will provide some insights to the current meta, although its still at an infant state and no possible idea when DLC would be released that could shake up the meta again.

Shiny (and Magearna) = Had tested
Non Shiny (except Arceus forms) = To be tested

View attachment 530708

Will mostly be diving into B to C- territory, anything else above is self-explanatory, and ranked in order

As for Iron Treads being higher than Great Tusk, since HOME introduced enough physical checks capable of handling Koraidon well enough, the only things that could check Miraidon are mostly the Arceus forms, and Iron Treads thrives well against Clodsire, and prevelance of Toxic with Eternatus' return.

Insight Comments

B
  • :mewtwo: Mewtwo:
    Still has moveslot issues despite gaining Earth Power as coverage offensively and could be easily outsped, Stall2 is usable in some capacity with a Defensive Tera Typing.
  • :basculegion: Basculegion:
    Has flexibility in choosing between Adaptability and Swift Swim, and either Choice Band or Scarf. Heavily reliant on Last Respects, although it is spammable even at 150 BP, and its Water STAB generally breaks past most things.
  • :flutter-mane: Flutter Mane:
    Great revenge killer under Sun against Hyper Offense, although struggles to break past bulkier opponents, especially most Arceus forms. If it fails to claim a KO, it would usually be KOed/Statused easily in return.
  • :dondozo: Dondozo:
    Far superior than Skeledirge in terms of bulk. Quite reliant on Rest however, often leads to Miraidon abusing such teams that rely on it as a sole physical wall.
  • :samurott-hisui: Samurott-Hisui:
    Swords Dance is a great wallbreaker while setting Spikes, Tera Ghost providing another opportunity to get another boost, along with Sucker Punch. Koraidon, Zacian-Crowned, and Unaware users hinder its sweeping potential. Generally a good lead.
  • :rayquaza: Rayquaza:
    Offensively outclassed by Arceus and Koraidon as a physical sweeper, has trouble breaking through Unaware users, unless moves are sacrificed to slot in Draco Meteor. Could potentially mix and match moves as a lead by either setting Stealth Rock or a DD Boost.
  • :hatterene: Hatterene:
    The best Magic Bounce user available currently. Although less reliable in bulk and longevity than Arceus-Fairy, its quite splashable on Balance and Stall structures, while not being a momentum sink by relieving burden on Defog teammates and responding by Draining Kiss/Nuzzle.

B-
  • :gholdengo: Gholdengo:
    The best anti-hazard blocker (if Air Balloon is used), functions quite well on Bulky Offense and Web HO. Able to take at least 1 hit from Gira-O at full before going down. HOME introduces more threats that could use it as setup opportunity, can become fodder if its teammates do not respond aggressively.
  • :landorus-therian: Landorus-T:
    Addition of Taunt makes it a decent lead with Intimidate, Swords Dance being a relevant pick, while allowing Scarf sets to be a surprise factor. However, it relies heavily on the matchup to perform well, or else being relegated to fodder.
  • :palkia-origin: Palkia-O:
    Generally quite fast while being immune to Trick, having moveslot flexibility over Walking Wake, with a decent matchup against offensive structures. Still struggles to breakthrough specially defensive walls, especially Clodsire and Blissey.
  • :magearna-original: :cresselia: Magearna / Cresselia:
    Threatening setup sweepers, although reliant on accumulating a hefty amount of boosts to do so. Easily shutdown by Taunt, at +1 relatively most things are still capable of taking them on, and heavily relies on Tera to bypass Toxic / have better longevity.
  • :chi-yu: Chi Yu:
    Great wallbreaker, especially when Sun is still prevalent enough. The return of Kyogre and more Rain-dependent threats that had been introduced from HOME hinders its sweeping capabilities.
  • :ursaluna: Ursaluna:
    Devastating under Trick Room, especially with a Swords Dance boost active that destroys even resist, and is capable to take enough hits to not be revenge killed easily. Obviously, reliant on Trick Room to function well, otherwise it could be easily worn down.
  • :great-tusk: Great Tusk:
    Still a good Rapid Spin user that threatens other Stealth Rock setters / switch-ins, especially Iron Treads. However, prevalence on more Special Attackers returning, especially Kyogre and Eternatus, makes its bulk less susceptible in the current meta.
  • :glimmora: Glimmora:
    Still capable of setting multiple hazards at once on various team structures, from offense to defense alike. However, Eternatus' return and Clodsire's rise, along with how easily hazards can be handled now has hampered its effectiveness.
  • :corviknight: Corviknight:
    A good Defogger with reliable recovery and typing to stay healthy as long as possible. HOME introducing returning threats makes it a fodder however, given that it does not threaten anything in response well.
  • :arceus-grass: Arceus-Grass:
    Able to handle Kyogre, Miraidon, and most Groudon sets simultaneously while accumulating CM boost with Taunt and Tera. However, it tends to bring in poison types often, along with Gholdengo and Corviknight if it does not have the right coverage.
  • :arceus-electric: Arceus-Electric:
    Capable of acting as a one-time switch in against Miraidon on certain Hyper Offensive structures, abusing Tera and possibly terrain for a strong BoltBeam coverage. However, it has to decide between Taunt or Recover, which means losing to either Toxic, or longevity.

C+
  • :cloyster: Cloyster:
    A decent lead / late-game cleaner, along with gaining Drill Run to bypass most Steel types and having Tera to give it another opportunity to use Shell Smash again. However, Skeledirge and Dondozo's rise means it can't sweep consistently.
  • :walking-wake: Walking Wake:
    Able to handle Sun and Rain teams simultaneously often, with either Choice Specs or Agility sets. Clodsire's rise, alongside other faster threats means that it is prone to switching out often, which would waste a slot especially if it relies on Protosynthesis boosted Draco Meteors / Boosted Hydro Steams to be threatening.
  • :blissey: Blissey:
    Finally regaining Heal Bell from HOME, it could take on Special threats and Skeledirge while providing its usual Cleric Support. Of course, Taunt's widespread use still hampers its effectiveness.
  • :landorus: Landorus-I:
    Access to Taunt means it could reliably set up Stealth Rock / breakthrough Special walls such as Blissey and Tera Clodsire. However, it has to sacrifice coverage against Hatterene / Corvknight if it wants to set Stealth Rock as its unable to dent both simultaneously, and susceptible to being outsped from revenge killers often.
  • :dialga: Dialga:
    Decent typing to switch into Miraidon and threaten it while holding a Choice Scarf, alongside cripping Special Walls like Blissey and Clodsire when it gained Trick. However, Choice Scarf Miraidon and Koraidon could find an opportunity to come in aggressively and wreak havoc if its not Healthy.
  • :gothitelle: Gothitelle:
    Still capable of trapping passive threats effectively, however the loss of Cosmic Power and Confide means its quite susceptible to Special threats to come in after it has already trapped something, especially Miraidon. Reliant on Choice Scarf to neuter walls can be a hinderance if it has been Knocked Off.
  • :meowscarada: Meowscarada:
    The fastest Spikes Lead available, along with Taunt to prevent Defog attempts, along with Flower Trick and Knock Off to hinder its opponent. However, it relies on Tera to block Rapid Spin attempts and does not synchronise with Gholdengo as a partner.
  • :sneasler: Sneasler:
    A threatening Unburden Sweeper while able to breakthrough its checks without reliance on Tera, through a chance with Dire Claw. However, Ekiller's prevelance, along with faster revenge killers makes it easy to deal with Sneasler while not triggering its consumable item.
  • :grimmsnarl: Grimmsnarl:
    The best Screen setter around, while gaining Parting Shot as a pivoting move to reliably switch into teammates. However, Screens HO can be inconsistent with Unaware users around, despite Taunt being common.
  • :arceus-dark: Arceus-Dark:
    A decent mono setup sweeper, with CM and Taunt in place of Refresh, alongside Tera negating Koraidon and Zacian-Crowned that have been weakened for a boosted Judgement to breakthrough them. Opposing CM users can lead to a stale mirror match however.
  • :arceus-dragon: Arceus-Dragon:
    Decent typing to run a Dragon Dance set, with Fire and Water resistance intially, along with a flexible choice of Tera types to lure in its checks, especially Koraidon, and Miraidon. However, Dondozo and Skeledirge still wears it down, even if it has Taunt. Its reliance on Tera to be effective also hampers it as a setup sweeper.
  • :arceus-steel: Arceus-Steel:
    Could either run a Stealth Rock, Dragon Dance, or Calm Mind set with its decent defensive typing. Sun's prevelance and Unaware users means its not consistent and heavily relies on favourable matchups to be effective.
  • :arceus-poison: Arceus-Poison:
    Natural poison typing alongside great bulk, allows it to run a Cosmic Power set utilizing Body Press, Stored Power, or Taunt. However, it is unable to fit all in one set and has to forego recovery or a coverage to do so. When it does have a perfect opportunity to setup, it becomes difficult to handle thanks to its naturally decent speed.
  • :roaring-moon: Roaring Moon:
    Still capable of utilizing a mono acrobatics set and fast Choice Band set, even without relying on Sun, which would be more difficult to handle thanks to Protosynthesis' speed boost. However, it heavily relies on Tera to take on more hits and multiple boots to become a threat, which would potentially be wasting a slot.
  • :lilligant-hisui: Lilligant-Hisui:
    A generally decent Chlorophyll user as well as a setup sweeper through Hustle with a Victory Dance boost. However, it has to choose between Ice Spinner or Sleep Powder, while Hustle being inconsistent at times, alongside Ekiller necessitating it to run Tera Ghost often, means it could be a liability at times.

C
  • :dragonite: Dragonite:
    Still a decent sweeper using Tera Normal to boost its Extreme Speed. The return of Giratina and faster Threats forces it to run a coverage over roost, and Unaware users hampering its effectiveness in general.
  • :giratina: Giratina:
    The bulkiest defogger around, and even more passive than Corvknight. The loss of Toxic and Roar generally means more threats could switch and use it as fodder, while it could opt for a more offensive approach but is easily shutdown by Taunt and Rest being its only source of Recovery, could potentially waste a slot.
  • :froslass: Froslass:
    A generally fast Spikes lead with a natural Ghost typing to block Rapid Spin attempts from Iron Treads and Great Tusk. However, faster leads like Meowscarada and Greninja, alongside fast attackers that use Taunt prevent it from being as effective as it used to.
  • :heatran: Heatran:
    A decent pivot against Koraidon, Eternatus, and Skeledirge, alongside setting up Stealth Rock when the opportunity presents itself. However, the loss of Toxic means it becomes more of a fodder for Special attackers to switch into, especially Miraidon and Kyogre.
  • :masquerain: Masquerain:
    The fastest Sticky Webs setter available, in addition to also have Whirlwind to rack up hazard damage, and Stun Spore to slow down opponents. However, Hatterene comfortably switches into it, alongside faster Taunt users shutting it down.
  • :alomomola: Alomomola:
    A bulky wish supporter with huge longevity thanks to Regenerator and great physical bulk. However, it does little in return aside from chipping the opposition with Whirlpool and Chilling Water, making it susceptible to setup sweepers and Taunt.
  • :slowking-galar: Slowking-Galar:
    Decent pivot and utilizes Tera well enough to bolster its longevity. However, it can be easily worn down with strong attacks in general.
  • :dialga-origin: Dialga-O:
    Gains a nifty increase to its special bulk alongside a Trick Immunity. However, being unable to utilise an item itself means its much more predictable to deal with due to its low speed, and its bulk being rendered ineffective.
  • :kingambit: Kingambit:
    A decent lategame cleaner, with relatively good bulk alongside Sucker Punch that compliments its high attack. The return of Zacian and prevelance of Koraidon however, hampers its breaking potential unless they Terastallized into a type that is not resistant to Sucker Punch.
  • :palafin-hero: Palafin:
    A decent wallbreaker that could be paired on Rain alongside Kyogre and Basculegion for an onslaught. However, rain must be active for it to be effective to revenge kill certain threats, otherwise it would be a waste of a potential slot.
  • :greninja: Greninja:
    A decent hazard lead that sets either Spikes or T-Spikes. Meowscarada and poison types being common again hamper Greninja's effectiveness, alongside protean nerf means it can no longer use Taunt + Shadow Sneak to block Rapid Spin attempts other than surf threatening Great Tusk.
  • :hawlucha: Hawlucha:
    A decent Unburden sweeper with a natural ground immunity. However, it has to utilise Tera Ghost to prevent falling to Ekiller, along with Unaware users capable to comfortably handling it even when they have been taunted.
  • :iron-valiant: Iron Valiant:
    A decent choice for Electric terrain, able to utilise any form of Physical and Special attacks to check Hyper Offense teams. It struggles to breakthrough certain matchups if it does not have the right moves of choice.
  • :iron-moth: Iron Moth:
    A decent wallbreaker in conjuction with Shed Tail support, capable of dealing with Kyogre and Eternatus With Energy Ball and Psychic. However, Shed Tail support is much more difficult to setup currently, and without any support it can be easily KOed.
  • :moltres-galar: Moltres-Galar:
    A decent abuser of Screens HO, with good bulk and Nasty Plot + Agility, along with Tera providing resistances depending on the matchup. However, Scarf Koraidon and Miraidon still threaten it unless it has Sticky Web support, which compromises the team further.
  • :sandy-shocks: Sandy Shocks:
    A decent pivot into Miraidon locked into Electro Drift, along utilitising Tera Fairy to its advantage and handling Koraidon, with either a Booster Energy, or Choice Scarf set. However, it does not handle Eternatus, Blissey, and Clodsire well, along with its frailty, has little switch-in opportunities to come in safely.
  • :ditto: Ditto: :wazowski:
  • :arceus-flying: Arceus-Flying:
    Another form that could potentially utilise a mono setup sweeper set, however the prevalence of Miraidon and Zacian-Crowned means it has lesser opportunities to setup and uses Tera far too early.
  • :enamorus: Enamorus:
    Able to use a SubCM set, Mixed, or Physical attacker on Sticky Web teams, while avoiding most hazards naturally from its Flying type. Aside from that, it is generally frail without the respective boost and requires multiple support to avoid faster threats.

C-
  • :zacian: Zacian-Hero:
    Could use either Choice Band to break past walls, or Choice Scarf to revenge kill fast threats, especially Scarf Koraidon and Miraidon. However, Unaware users and Zacian-Crowned's presence dissuade any switch-in attempts.
  • :chien-pao: Chien-Pao:
    A strong Dark / Ice physical attacker with decent coverage to deal with the meta. Currently, its speed is at an awkward state that leaves it prone for Zacian and Ekiller to revenge kill. The lack of prime targets other than Gira-O neuters its threat potential.
  • :iron-leaves: Iron Leaves:
    A Decent abuser of Electric Terrain, hitting quite hard with a Choice Band set or Sword Dance, with Quark Drive boosting either attack or speed respectively, allowing it to deal with Groudon, Kyogre, and Eternatus simultaneously. Generally prone to being revenged killed due to its poor bulk.
  • :maushold: Maushold:
    Population Bomb and Tidy Up provides its niche as a Hazard Remover and Sweeper simultaneously. However, it requires tremendous support to effectively setup.
  • :regieleki: Regieleki:
    An inferior Arceus-Electric that is much faster and access to Rapid Spin. It has the choice to use other Tera Types, but generally it only threatens any Ghost types thats not Giratina to Spin, due to its frailty.
  • :hippowdon: Hippowdon:
    A niche option for certain bulky teams that could utilise Sand, and could check Miraidon and Koraidon with Tera Fairy. However, it is middling at best and quite passive due to the loss of Toxic.
  • :chansey: Chansey:
    A bulkier yet even more passive version of Blissey. Although Eviolite bolsters its defense, the inability to carry another item along the loss of Toxic hinders its effectiveness.
  • :mew: Mew:
    Could either run a lead set, or a niche Cosmic Power set. Both of its roles however, are generally outclassed by Arceus forms and better leads, despite having decent bulk and attack.
  • :spidops: Spidops:
    Despite being slower than Masquerain, it has decent bulk to bluff a Focus Sash and run Mental Herb, along with a variety of options to use different hazards and ways to slow down opponents using Silk Trap / String Shot. Although it could phase Hatterene out and rack up hazard damage with Circle Throw, it generally loses to either Taunt or Special Attacks depending on the item held.
  • :armarouge: Armarouge:
    Is still a decent sun pivot and Zacian-Crowned check, while Eternatus is unable to Switch-in safely a Flash Fire Choice Specs set. However, it is generally fodder against Rain.
  • :zamazenta-crowned: Zamazenta-Crowned:
    Despite the nerf, +2 Body Press provides decent damage along with Tera granting more resistances. Obviously, relying on Body Press as the main source of Damage is not feasible, especially with Unaware users, Eternatus, and Giratina forms being common.
  • :urshifu: Urshifu-Single Strike:
    Choice Band in conjunction with Tera Dark Wicked Blow makes it unwallable aside from Tera Fairy users, Arceus-Fairy, and Zacian-Crowned around. However, it needs to force a passive threat in order to claim KOs effectively, alongside having middling bulk for the meta.
  • :zoroark-hisui: Zoroark-Hisui:
    Having an immunity to Fighting attacks, alongside Extreme Speed + Shadow Sneak immunity, ,access to Trick, and relatively strong Special attacking stats and moves, allows it to utilise Illusion effectively. Obviously, faster threats tends to outspeed and scout for it, which relegates it to mostly be niche.
  • :dugtrio: Dugtrio:
    A niche trapper that could come into Koraidon, Miraidon, or Eternatus using Tera Fairy. However, Gothitelle outclasses it and generally, its targets tend to be coinflip matchup as it relies on them locking into a unfavorable move.
  • :garganacl: Garganacl:
    Salt Cure and temporary Ghost check provides its niche, although in this current meta, Taunt's prevalence and increased power level makes Garganacl's role specific to certain teams.
  • :cyclizar: Cyclizar:
    Provides a fast Shed Tail support, and Rapid Spin.
  • :orthworm: Orthworm:
    Also provides Shed Tail support, with momentum due to its low speed. It could also use Coil to handle physical threats, although it is outclassed by both Skeledirge and Dondozo, due to reliance on Tera.
  • :kleavor:Kleavor:
    Able to setup Stealth Rock without worrying about Magic Bounce and Taunt. However, it is much more frail than Hisui Samurott, and generally lacks coverage to become a sweeper.
  • :amoonguss: Amoonguss:
    Could blanket check Miraidon, Kyogre, and Iron Treads simultaneously. Sleep being neuter from Miraidon's Electric Terrain has hampered its effectiveness, which could become fodder for Substitute setup sweepers.
  • :palkia: Palkia:
    Could run a held item, along with decent coverage options. However, its former issues still plague it as has to pick its coverage and either Choice Specs or Scarf, foregoing either one mans it loses out of KOes, and.or Revenge Killing opportunites.
  • :arceus-ice: Arceus-Ice:
    Could use a BoltBeam CM set with a naturally stronger Ice STAB, or a Dragon Dance set with a strong physical Ice Tera Blast. However, any other Arceus form can do it better, and its Natural Ice Type hinders its capabilities, being outclassed by Iron Bundle.
  • :arceus-fire: Arceus-Fire:
    Could also use a Dragon Dance set, with general switch-in capabilities to Koraidon's Flare Blitz. However, it is prone to recoil thanks to Flare Blitz, and constantly being forced to Tera in order to counteract Kyogre and Rain teams.
  • :muk-alola: Alolan Muk:
    A decent pivot against Special attacker, especially Flutter Mane, Eternatus, and Iron Bundle. However, it relies on accumulated Curse boots alongside Tera for increased longevity, which could potentially be a waste if its role does not catered to its team.
hatterene in B rank immediately my fav tierlist

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)