SM UU Personal Hell

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion

s/o Accelgor for the dope art
Introduction
4562F4F4-B84C-4CC9-8CD0-CD493CFF202C.jpeg

I've done a bunch of RMTs this gen, some more questionable than others LOL but alas it'll be coming to a close soon :( . With this RMT in particular I wanted to throw out a more oddball squad since the tier has gotten a lot of flack for being stale or whatever. Honestly stale means balanced to some degree for me. Though, I won't miss fucking Adaam spikestack all over ladder with Gen 8, not that stall is much better :sewage: . This team was made around the core of Zygarde 10% + Alolan Marowak (still not RU RMT) and I think shows what you can do if you're willing to try the less comfortable mons that reside in B- and below-- with consistent results of course.

7233FC1F-E060-4D3B-BAB1-E2DD89476715.png
Teambuilding Process
15C2BF99-CFAC-42B5-98D6-0790A9D7AD1C.png

:zygarde-10%:
As one who knows me well would expect, I did not start off with a basic CB Zydoge but rather tried to pull off a whack Coil + Dragon Dance set to choose how to set up against offense / BO. Earlier versions of the team with it were still mad fun, even with the unfavorable mus as +1 spe zygarde could safely coil up in front of a mega aerodactyl. For consistency sake though, it had to go.
:zygarde-10%: :marowak-alola:
A ground type is a necessity for every UU team that is not total HO. Zygarde's eh typing and poor bulk meant there was no chance in hell (ha) that I'd use it as a Manectric switch in. Type-stacking makes me uncomfortable outside of like Sharpedo builds but Marowak's Lightning Rod pretty much makes it a more consistent Volt Switch blocker. It also had breaking potential.
:zygarde-10%: :marowak-alola: :aerodactyl-mega:
Aerodactyl is one of my favorite megas, and all the options it could run made it an easy addition. Pursuit support is very handy for Zygarde late game and overall just gave me a more flexible time with the rest of the team.
:zygarde-10%: :marowak-alola: :aerodactyl-mega: :starmie:
Starmie is another favorite mon of mine and they fit perfectly as an offensive spinner to keep pressure up. Starmie is a bullet punch resist that does not crumble quickly to hazards itself too.
:zygarde-10%: :marowak-alola: :aerodactyl-mega: :starmie: :klefki:
Not much to say for klefki, it just compressed answer for latias, sd scizor (kinda), and provides the spikes needed to support Zydoge well. Paralysis support helped too.
:zygarde-10%: :marowak-alola: :aerodactyl-mega: :starmie: :klefki: :hydreigon:
Hydreigon is a pretty cool mon with its coverage options and could work as a Knock Off Switch/generally reliable Krook counter since Klefki really hates loses its leftovers. U-turn support getting Zygarde or Starmie in to break is great too.

697A2105-D135-4FD6-AE30-8990AC108317.png
In-Depth
697A2105-D135-4FD6-AE30-8990AC108317.png

3B7BEF79-D4D9-4F56-AD64-D71B0F2C2F1C.jpeg
:sm/zygarde-10%:
Zygarde-10% @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Toxic / Earthquake
- Outrage
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed

Choice Band Zygarde has its ups and downs within the metagame, and really thrives off the popularity of other pokemon such as Rotom-H. It is practically irrelevant and can take advantage of teams with ground-resists being levitate mons. Thousand Arrows in general is fuego. However, it does have its issues. Outrage is easy to exploit as always, and Extreme Speed's use against offense has dwindled a bit with broken ass Mimikyu. Zygarde is the usual win con with its high speed and spammable Thousand Arrows. Of course it is less valuable when there's a Mon like Ice Fang Mega Aerodactyl or Mamoswine present.

:sm/marowak-alola:
Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Shadow Bone
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance

Marowak-A fit that awkward role of a non-ground electric immunity rather well. With the combination of Protect and Swords Dance it can be a pain for balanced builds whose answer to Marowak/Chandy would be Scarf Hydreigon or Krookodile. Protect is also generally useful in Offense, and SD vs fat ofc. However, this came with the trade off of not being able to run Stealth Rock on it-- not that Marowak was the best Rocker in the first place. The spread helps outspeed most Scizor and lives +2 Steelium from Cobalion. s/o faded love

:sm/aerodactyl-mega:
Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Aerodactyl has been one my favorite megas to use over this generation with all of its options. Ice Fang, Crunch, Fire Fang, and even Aqua Tail are neat options on it. But here the usual coverage + pursuit works well. It can get up Stealth Rocks relatively reliably and is somewhat speed control with how it's the fastest mon in the tier bar Choice Scarf. Pursuit support is invaluable for the team since it can get the necessary chip damage for Zydoge to clean up later.

:sm/starmie:
Starmie @ Splash Plate
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

Starmie is another mon that can be annoying for teams to face due to its coverage options. I went with Boltbeam Coverage in addition to its STAB Hydro Pump. Splash Plate can bluff Z-Crystal for Hydreigon, but Life Orb’s consistent power is nice too. It’s Speed Tier patched up the matchup against the 108 speed fighting types too. And most importantly Starmie gives the team its own hazard removal while not being as passive as Tentacruel.

:sm/klefki:
Klefki (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 148 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play
- Play Rough

Klefki's spike support is integral to this team getting anywhere late game. It is also the more consistent answer to Latias and Hydreigon. The spread and Foul Play lets it deal with SD Scizor when preserved too. Finally, Thunder Wave can be great for crippling faster threats for Hydreigon to Draco Meteor later. It’s not always the best, since Starmie, Zygarde, and Mega Aerodactyl all don’t benefit too much thanks to their high speed tiers (And the most common scarfers Hydreigon and Krookodile are immune).

:sm/hydreigon:
Hydreigon @ Steelium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor

Hydreigon is no longer the S mon it once was awhile ago this gen and definitely not ORAS caliber, but it can still be versatile threat. With Mega Altaria one of the biggest roadblocks for Zygarde cleaning the lure comes in handy. Steelium nukes MMQ once disguised is busted— and can also be helpful in nuking Nihilego, Aerodactyl, and Rhyperior which pivot into Hydreigon sometimes, especially when bluffing choice scarf and “locked” into Fire Blast. Draco Meteor is a necessary nuke for Hydreigon imo, but Dark Pulse could work in this slot too. U-turn is essential to bluffing though, and it has its usual merits in drawing in Fairies for other Pokemon. In this case, U-turn usually is able to get Marowak in against passive Fairies or Special Walls like Blissey. Hydreigon is also the Knock Off absorber for the team.
A22F0492-F957-4047-A958-D61520F99E12.png
Replays
A22F0492-F957-4047-A958-D61520F99E12.png

[18:52] #vivalospride: i think there's
[18:52] #vivalospride: a 0% chance
[18:52] #vivalospride: that team is good
[18:52] #vivalospride: or even remotely close to above horrible

AAF2BB6D-BF13-41BD-BC9D-89C79391CC50.png
Shoutouts
AAF2BB6D-BF13-41BD-BC9D-89C79391CC50.png

ily all new or old uwu, im sleepy so soz if i forgot u ;w; Juuno Twilight Estarossa ehT PhantomHurious gum KellyKafka Mygrein j0gurt Donphantastic MARCU5theBAW5 yeezyknows
tondas yogi KratosMana Stoward martha Specs ict Jacobikko Sage CBU vivalospride roman Wigglytuff Pearl banks BackAtYouBro Djokra elodin solonor24 itsjustdrew if this tag annoyed you blame juuno... hope to see you all gen8 and beyond, goons n youngsters!

89F9842A-B2DF-45AF-B9D4-2F13690CD824.png
20A2D427-6699-4873-9CE2-B64AC3CC2651.png
0E14C1BD-6E06-410C-9129-F8E0ABE07D20.png
T
hanks for reading
A9049AF2-2383-4AC1-BC3B-C1D40D2C5500.png
E23E06BD-545F-4F18-A2FA-8A9BCEADBAD1.png
B4FBC971-353D-4BE4-9012-ECD92FD9397D.png

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)