Penny Arcade Expo 2010

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
http://www.paxsite.com/

REAL PAX! Anyone aside from me and moot going? The schedule of panels was just released and I made up a quick list of what I'll most likely be attending:

Friday, 3:30 PM - 4:30 PM, Serpent Theatre
What Do Fans Want? Fan Feedback on Community

Friday, 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM, Unicorn Theatre
Movin’ on Up: How to Make It (Or Not) in Videogames Journalism

Friday, 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM, Unicorn Theatre
The Various Roads to Becoming a Community Manager

Friday, 7:30 PM - 8:30 PM, Raven Theatre
The PAX 10 Panel #1

---

Saturday, 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM, Unicorn Theatre
From Concept to Cover: The Game Informer Selection Process
or
Saturday, 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM, Serpent Theatre
Weekend Confirmed LIVE at PAX 2010

Saturday, 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM, Wolfman Theatre
So You Want to Land a Marketing Job in the Game Industry?

Saturday, 7:30 PM - 8:30 PM, Unicorn Theatre
Game Mechanics and Mechanism Design

Saturday, 9:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Unicorn Theatre
CGW/GFW Radio "The Brodeo" Reunion #2

---

Sunday, 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM, Wolfman Theatre
SO I HAVE THIS WEBSITE...

Sunday, 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM, Wolfman Theatre
Idle Thumbs Podcast live episode

Sunday, 3:30 PM - 4:30 PM, Raven Theatre
How NOT to Get a Job in the Games Industry
Will be arriving on Thursday afternoon and leaving Sunday night =) Staying at the Sheraton. Come on Seattle-Smogon, why aren't you attending?

Probably because tickets got sold out forever ago, Firestorm! If youre lucky enough to be going, I'm interested in actually getting a small get together up this time, if there are enough people going.

I'll be in full cosplay gear this time, and you definitely don't want to miss out on your favourite Frenchman crossdressing. Besides the boring stuff he mentioned, there's also a huge focus on VGM and chiptune this year - Lo-tek resistance, local Seattle bands who have always played outside the doors of WSCC till this year, not only have their own panel on chiptune Friday but also have a mini concert in the center on saturday.

Plus, the expo hall is sure to be amazing yet again. Can't wait to see the fallout booth- playable demos of New Vegas are bound to be there, plus lots of other great stuff out on the floor.

Please let us know if you're going! It'd be so awesome to have more smogoners here. I'll be in town Friday to Sunday night. Message me (or him if he lets you) if you have a specific question about something specifically specific.

And it'll be nice to see you for more than fifteen minutes, Firestorm. :p

Oh, and if you still wanna go but don't have a three day/sat pass, check the forums. They are all sold at face value! No scalping allowed whatsoever. Super cool.

Firestorm

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hey screw you that stuff isn't boring >:( I'd recommend the CGW/GFW Radio "The Brodeo" Reunion #2 panel at least though! Last year's was hilarious =)

I still have your number from last year. I'm probably gonna be on a different one since my brother lost his US SIM card. Will try to pick one up down there or just take the hit on roaming to contact ya.

I'm going to wear my Vancouver 2010 Canada Hoodie + Ducks T-Shirt to stay recognizable :)

I'll be in a yellow motorcycle helmet and a pvc jumpsuit, the only way you could miss me is if you got swine flu again :p

It's the same number. Depending on when we get checked in, I'm really wanting to see the keynote this year. Looks fantastic.

Firestorm

Since I have nothing until 3:30 that day I might see it too since they don't clear you out before the Penny Arcade Q&A so you get both for just lining up once! Gonna see what my friends feel like. If I go, I'll text you.

And yes, no nerd flu this time hopefully. An entire week of work missed because of that last year =(

I'd have loved to see Anamanaguchi and The Protomen, Washington's not that far from Calgary either. But well, I don't have tickets, and I need the cash for other events/things.

FFF I really want to go, pax sounds so fucking fun. And really, living in vancouver, it's almost retarded. Oh well, I'll probably go next year when I'm 18.

Also I didn't know cosplay was a huge thing at pax

Also also moot quick guess... Celty?

FFF I really want to go, pax sounds so fucking fun. And really, living in vancouver, it's almost retarded. Oh well, I'll probably go next year when I'm 18.

Also I didn't know cosplay was a huge thing at pax

Also also moot quick guess... Celty?
It's not 'huge', but about a third of the people you'll see will be dressed up in some way or another. Definitely not required by any means.

Oh yes. >:)

One thing I'm relatively pissed about - the Square panel and the Wil Wheaton panel being within fifteen minutes of each other and them being six blocks apart. I can't choose between the two. ;-;

You know what pisses me off most is that I'm likely going to be in the Vancouver/Victoria area at the END of September.

Fuck, now I have to go next year, my professor Layton cosplay is just too perfect to pass up for such a gaming event.

Now all I have to do is convince my girlfriend to come in her Luke costume...

Firestorm, I suddenly decided at work today that we need to have an epic pokémon battle, especially since I'm out of practice for about a year and a half.

That is all.

Firestorm

bitch let's do this

I have my old DP OU team which is still legal and VGC 2010 team in my HeartGold. HeartGold / SoulSilver actually have a flat battle (LV50) so we can local battle without level problems!

Also, one of my friends just had to bail due to a new job :( If anyone needs a pass I can sell it. Otherwise going to sell it for extreme profits. Got Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday.

I NEED ONE. HOLD ONTO IT FOR ME.
Is it a three day or just individual? She's willing to pay either way.

Firestorm

Looking to sell three individual at once if possible. She coming to all 3 days? I'm not home right now. Will pm you my MSN later.

Firestorm

k we'll figure out the details on MSN or something. Prices aren't on the site so I'll have to see how much my friend paid for her one day passes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)