SS RU Peek-a-Boo (Peaked #7)

Introduction

Hello everyone ! Since January, I play actively in RU so I want to share with you the best team I've built since the beginning of January. First of all, I watched a lot of ltpl replays and saw that Sharpedo seemed very strong and underrated in this meta so i decided to build a team around that and ladd even though I hate it. In spite of the fact that I'm very bad on the ladder I reached the top 7 with this team so I think it's viable. The team seems to have very good matchups against most of the teams at the moment, although you'll see that some Pokémon can be quite annoying. Well I let you discover that if you have any questions do not hesitate to ask them I will be happy to answer you !

Teambuilding Process

So, first of all I started with the core Sharpedo + Klefki because Sharpedo is one of the best spikes abuser in the Metagame and I think Klefki is the best Pokémon to help him. In addition to putting the Spikes klefki has many support attacks like Toxic or Thunder Wave that can help Sharpedo and the team in general. At the sight of this first core, I decide to go on a hyper offense allowing to exploit the power of sharpedo.

Since I intend to make a hyper offense, I chose to take necrozma as a lead. I chose him because of his ability to handle most attacks without dying, which can help me to have the Stealth Rock in complicated matchups. It's also a very good breaker with its Power Herb + Meteor Beam combo.

Then I decided to add 2 pokemons taking benefit of the spikes: Zygarde 10% and Mimikyu. Zygarde is pretty important here because in addition to abusing the Spikes he also has a very interesting speedtier but also the obligatory electric immunity in RU. It's also one of the best breaker in the tiers and Extreme Speed is pretty good agaisnt the offense matchup. Mimikyu is also very useful because thanks to his ability he can save a lot of matches. It's also an Extreme Speed immunity what's really important in Hyper Offense.

To complete the team I was looking for a flying pokemon hitting the special to handle a few threats like Milotic. Thundurus is perfect here because in addition to break the majority of the teams he has a very good support movepool like U-Turn and Taunt which is very useful in this team. His speedtier is also very important because it allows to keep the momentum at the maximum.

The Team

Necrozma @ Power Herb
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave
- Meteor Beam

So Necrozma has the classic suicide lead set in this team. Stealth Rock are very important in a lot of game but I will say that the hardest thing is to manage between posing the hazards or breaking as much as possible. Photon Geyser and Heat Wave are here for break as much as possible and it's the best coverage against the balance team. Meteor beam is cool against the bulky water that do not use phaze attacks like Milotic. Also I think it's mandatory to use Stealth rock agaisnt the Darmanitan matchup because the scarf is one of the best threat of the team and putting down the Stealth Rock is the best way to counter it.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Thunder Wave

For Klefki I decided to run also the classic set because it's the best set here. First of all, I decided to play a defensive spread over the spe def spread because I don't want to risk the mindground with Obstagoon/Heracross with Mimikyu's ability. That also help a lot agaisnt Bulk Up Zarude. So Dazzling Gleam is his better STAB, Thunder Wave and Toxic allow to cover a maximum of situation and Spikes are essential to help the team to sweep as much as possible.

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Liquidation
- Crunch
- Close Combat

Ok here, I chose the physical set of Sharpedo because it's probably better than the Special actualy. His coverage is classic with Stabs and Close Combat for the Steel Type like Cobalion/Registeel and the Dark Type like Zarude and Umbreon. I played an Adamant sharpedo here because you have 81,3% chance to OHKO Zarude which is omnipresent in this meta. It's also the best way to make the most of its Sharpedo potential. Annoying things, you don't outspeed scarf Xurkitree at +1 so care about this.

Zygarde-10% @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Skitter Smack

For Zygarde 10%, the set choice band seems to be the best to abuse the Spikes as much as possible. So we're going to play the STAB and Extreme Speed allows Zygarde to revenge kill the vast majority of offenses. Skitter Smack is interessing here for Zarude and Celebi but you have some cool options that I will explain later. Nevertheless Zygarde is mainly here for eletric immunity for soft check and threaten big threats like Toxtricity, Thundurus and Xurkitree. It's the best offensive electric immunity so I don't have the choice.

Thundurus (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- U-turn
- Taunt

Thundurus has the interessing set here. I play the classic support Thundurs set with Thunderbolt, Grass Knot for the ground like Seismitoad and Rhyperior, U Turn for take the momentum and put Zygarde or Sharpedo on the field and Taunt for prevent the opponent Defog and keep the hazards. Also, Taunt can help agaisnt Klefki and the entry hazard in general because I don't have any hazard control here. You have like Zygarde some cools options but I will explain that later.

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak

Finally, I finish to to present this with Mimikyu. So the set is classic but Mimikyu is interessing in this team for his Ability. Disguise can save a lot of matches and it's good agaisnt a lot of threat like Zygarde, Xurkitree, Chandelure and all of the threat who menacing this team. I advises to use it only as a last resort because it's really important to keep his ability as long as possible.

Options
: You can change the Klefki spread for a lot of special defense. Also Thunder Wave can be replace for an other support move of your choice
: You can replace Skitter Smack for Toxic because toxic can help agaisnt a lot of Zygarde wall that are not Zarude and Celebi like Milotic or Golisopod.
: Taunt is not necessary in this team even though it's my favorite move. There are some options such as Knock Off, Nasty Plot or Thunder Wave that can work !

Threat
: Zygarde is one of the dangerous threat of this team because he outspeed all of the team except your own Zygarde. The best the best way to manage it is to keep the mimikyu abilities and lead with Necrozma to prevent him from doing what he wants.
: Xurkitree scarf is awful to face with this team. First of all, Sharpedo doesn't outspeed him at +1 which makes it very painful to face. After, you are few things to manage him. The first things is Zygarde because with his electric immunity Xurkitree will hit Dazzling Gleam most of the time so you can switch on Klefki and put a Spikes. Also, if needed you have Mimikyu who can revenge kill him if needed with his ability.
: Darmanitan SCARF is also dangerous. If he has the Heavy Duty Boots or the Choice Band Darmanitan is not a threat but with a Choice Scarf Darmanitan threatens all of the team. So against Darmanitan, it's recommanded to Stealth Rock in the lead for scout the Darmanitan set and keep the hazard as long as possible. Also like the other threat, Mimikyu is good to revenge him and Klefki can pressure him with a Thunder Wave.
: Finally, the last threat is défensive as Sylveon. The main problem of his Sylveon is that it is very difficult to kill without the help of the Spikes. So it's important to use a maximum of hazard agaisnt him
: Just one last thing be careful to manage very quickly Iron Defense Registeel because it can be really annoying.

Conclusion

To conclude, I found this team very good for the ladd and for the tournament. Even if my peak on the ladd is not exceptional because I'm terrible on the ladder and I can't play properly, I'm sure you'll make a better use of it than I do on the ladder. Sharpedo is incredibly underrated and fun to play and I hope you have fun with this team. I'm just doing some shoutouts for the Schizoguyz crew especially Pepeduce boulicrok Toadow Heika yedla HaxxSel for watching me on the ladder, LuluDzn and le LLiolae for watch this incredible anime that is Grand Blue and adjustments to be the my most smogon motivated tutee I've ever had (give him a chance in RUPL please). If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask !

Necrozma @ Power Herb
Ability: Prism Armor
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave
- Meteor Beam

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Thunder Wave

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Liquidation
- Crunch
- Close Combat

Zygarde-10% @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Skitter Smack

Thundurus (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- U-turn
- Taunt

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)