Announcement Past Gens Monotype Analyses Happenings

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
I've been seeing many people request analyses, and not write in the new format that was established some time ago, before the thread went up. For writers, this information is very important and I urge all of you to read this information and implement this if it applies to you:

- Please re-read the Analysis Format under the Resources thread OP to understand the format in which we are approaching full analyses for (hopefully), the duration of this generation.
- Instead of 2 QC checks and 1 GP check with mini-analyses, we will be returning to a 3 QC checks + 2 GP checks format given the additional information, effective immediately. Analyses that have been paused in QC/WIP must adhere to the new format, however writers may keep any existing QC checks, if any. Analyses that have been waiting in GP may be bypassed of this and receive only the one GP check, for extra information to be CMS'ed at a later date.
- Please make sure to bullet point each sentence in your analysis until you receive your second QC approval check, afterwards you may re-organize them into paragraph form.
- To avoid any backlog in returning, only analyses with assigned priorities on the reservation sheet may be reserved.
- Members without a badge may reserve up to two analyses at a time, only if one has received a second QC check; Badgeholders may reserve up to three.
- You will notice on the new reservation thread later, that there are checkmarks beside each Pokemon name. That information is simply to discern which Pokemon have an analysis on site for any specific type, and is nearly finished at the time of this writing, which is for the information mentioned below.

I understand that it may have been in a weird spot, perhaps I might not have written with clarity, which if that's the case I take full responsibility. However, with the transition to fulls, and the expansion towards 3 qc checks + 2 gp checks, we're effectively reverting to the format that the C&C team abided by last generation. Please alter your current analyses if they don't meet the bullet pointed format, and for those going to QC change it to (x/3) checks if need be. Please reach out to any QC members if you have any questions about this, and/or refer to analyses from last generation for a relative example of how this is being done. Example

Last edited by a moderator:

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Update to Monotype Analyses:
Monotype Analyses will now only require 2 QCs before it can move to GP. We will now require analysis to be written up and out of bullet points after the first QC check, along with that change. Analyses that are currently sitting with 2 QC checks will still require a third check. This will hopefully allow us to push through more Monotype analyses in a more timely manner!

Update on how to become a member of the QC team:
To join the QC team, you must PM a Monotype C&C moderator (me and Havens currently); we will then put you into the Trial QC system. Then PM any willing QC member with your AMQC checks; if it is good, we will then approve it, then it is ready to be posted in the thread. When opening Smogon conversations with a member of the QC team, include a member of the C&C mod team, so we can oversee what is happening. Trial QC members are not permitted to drop a QC 2/2 check, instead the analysis will then require a 3rd check. After a member of the Trial QC has dropped 4-5 high-quality AM checks, they will be added as an official Monotype QC team member. If a check is approved as a member of the Trial QC by a member of the QC team, it counts as a stamp. Any further questions, pm either me or Havens!

maroon

free palestine
RMT & Mono Leader
Monotype's Guide to AM QC Checks
For all Trial QCer's, please use this standard format to send QC members your AM Checks. Just for reference, you do not need to directly paste the comment underneath the writer's bullet or paragraph line; however, if this is easier for you, that is an option.

My QC commentary = green

Set Name
[Overview]
Make it clear which part of the overview you are referring to, then write your comments addressing that one line. My comments are

For example:
* Spectrier is a dangerous Special attacker that can quickly snowball teams thanks to its great Speed stat allowing it to outpace Garchomp and Keldeo, using Calm Mind to tank special attacks from Tapu Fini and Zapdos, and its ability Grim Neigh and its Ghost-type attacks allowing it to hit most Pokemon neutrally or super-effectually.
- Mention its ghost typing in a new sentence. Say something like spectrier can abuse just its ghost stab due to the lack of proper resistances and immunities.

Do commentary like this for each section of the bullets and/or paragraph you are going to QC. Underlining the set name is essential because it allows the writer to quickly identify which set you are checking in analysis with multiple sets. Remember to divide each section (Overview, Set Comments, Other Options, Checks & Counters).

If you have any questions, feel free to contact a member of the QC team for clarification!

maroon

free palestine
RMT & Mono Leader
I've seen many people request analyses and not write in the new format that was established some time ago before the thread went up. For writers, this information is vital, and I urge all of you to read this information and implement this if it applies to you:

- Please re-read the Analysis Format under the Resources thread OP to understand the format in which we are approaching full analyses for (hopefully) the duration of this generation.
- Instead of 2 QC checks and 1 GP check with mini-analyses, we will require 2 QC checks + 2 GP checks format given the additional information, effective immediately. Analyses that have been paused in QC/WIP must adhere to the new format; however, writers may keep any existing QC checks, if any. Analyses that have been waiting in GP may be bypassed of this and receive only the one GP check for extra information to be CMS'ed later.
- Please make sure to bullet point each sentence in your analysis until your first QC approval check; afterward, you may re-organize them into paragraph form.
- To avoid any backlog in returning, only analyses with assigned priorities on the reservation sheet may be reserved.
- Members without a badge may reserve up to two analyses at a time, only if one has been sent to the GP stage; Badgeholders may reserve up to three.
- You will notice on the reservation sheet that there are checkmarks beside each Pokemon name. That information is to discern which Pokemon have an analysis on-site for any specific type. If a Pokemon is crossed off, that means it has a complete Smogon Pokedex page for that type, and you may not reserve that Pokemon unless the QC team approves a specific set you have suggested.

TL;DR
- Non-Badge Holders may reserve one analysis at a time, Badge Holders and members of the QC team may reserve two analyses at a time.
- You may reserve another analysis if your current analysis has reached the GP stage.
- All analysis will require 2 QC checks and 2 GP checks
- Please reach out to any QC members if you have any questions about any of the analysis process

Use this thread for all Old Gens Monotype analysis updates!

Cell

Birth By Sleep
MPL Champion
We've edited our reservation sheet for VR sheet purposes. I'll include our new legend below (subject to editing within 24 hrs after this post).

Checkmark = Complete

Bolded = Reserved

Italicized = Requires a revamp or another set

maroon

free palestine
RMT & Mono Leader
I am changing the Monotype Analyses format. Analyses will now be the set, set comments, and sometimes an other options section.
[SET]
name:
move 1:
move 2:
move 3:
move 4:
item:
ability:
nature:
evs:

[SET COMMENTS]
Paragraph 1:
- role that the Pokemon plays
- coverage moves that affect its role
- EV spread in one sentence or less

Paragraph 2:
- brief example of teammates that benefit from the Pokemon's presence
- brief example of foes that the Pokemon is vulnerable to + teammates to help cover them

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Type
--------
* List some options for the Pokemon user that are plausible but not always recommended due to either being not consistent enough or too outclassed by other Pokemon in the metagame.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[username1, userid1]]
- Type analysis by: [[username1, userid1]]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)