Past Generations Analyses: The QC Teams

Credits to Yoshi for making this thread, which I have taken over.

What is a Quality Control Team?
A Quality Control Team’s job is to ensure that all analyses are up to proper expectations, as well as to ensure that they are all updated. If the QC team does not think your analysis is up to on-site standards, they have the right to reassign or reject it. Make sure you familiarize yourself with C&C standards if you wish to prevent this from being the case. QC members are encouraged to assist with grammar as well, which makes GPer's jobs a bit easier.

Here are the six current QC teams for Past Gen analyses:

RBY
Amaranth (Leader)
emma
FriendOfMrGolem120
Sabelette
SaDiSTiCNarwhal
Sceptross
shiloh

GSC
Earthworm (Leader)
Fear
Conflict
FriendOfMrGolem120
M Dragon
Jorgen
BKC
Zokuru
Siatam

ADV
Triangles (Leader)
vapicuno
Altina
watermess
eden
Sadlysius

DPP
johnnyg2 (Leader)

BW
Ophion (Leader)
BluBirD252
Links
Finchinator
Zokuru
M Dragon
dice
peng

ORAS
Vulpix03 (Leader)
jonfilch
BKC
Splash
ez

SM
Marnie
Steorra
Skypenguin
AcneAutist

SS
SetsuSetsuna
airfare
Slowpoke Fan
pulsar512b
TPP
BT89

If you wish to join one of these QC teams, please don’t be afraid to ask one of the project leaders (Earthworm, vapicuno), or the QC team leader (if there is no leader, just ask a project leader). Please note that you may not be given this role upon request; you must have the necessary experience and knowledge to become a QC member.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the deal with lower tiers going to be? As somebody who enjoys / is involved in various ru/nu tiers for gens 2-5 it would be nice if we could get a comprehensive QC team for at least some of these tiers instead of stressing oglemi or whoever else to do everything which ends up with us having to remind him to do a check every six months. Particularly tiers like ADV NU would need it most.

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
What's the deal with lower tiers going to be? As somebody who enjoys / is involved in various ru/nu tiers for gens 2-5 it would be nice if we could get a comprehensive QC team for at least some of these tiers instead of stressing oglemi or whoever else to do everything which ends up with us having to remind him to do a check every six months. Particularly tiers like ADV NU would need it most.
Don't worry, we'll handle the QC teams for those later on. Oglemi doesn't mind doing ADV ftr, and tbh I think the teams we have now wouldn't mind doing lower tiers either. Right now though, lower tiers are far from the priority. Those will start becoming available once we feel comfortable with how OU is running.

I feel like the QC teams for DPP, BW, and ORAS are far too small, having 7 total members combined. Especially considering that BW and ORAS are still relevant tiers in smogtours, I think a lot more focus should be put on updating their analyses. While I play none of these tiers myself, I'm sure there are more than enough people willing to help out.

Last edited:

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
I feel like the QC teams for DPP, BW, and ORAS are far too small, having 7 total members combined, which is smaller than the RBY QC team alone. Especially considering that BW and ORAS are still relevant tiers in smogtours, I think a lot more focus should be put on updating their analyses. While I play none of these tiers myself, I'm sure there are more than enough people willing to help out.
They're not done yet, and as I've said elsewhere DPP / BW / ORAS are getting put in the back for right now, as our focus currently is gens 1-3. All three leaders told me they would get people together once SPL mids passed. In terms of focus, we're really just going in order of generations right now. SmogTours is coming up, but we originally started with GSC and ADV because there was a lot more interest in those tiers from the RoA contributors.

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
After discussion with Amaranth, shiloh has been added to the RBY OU QC Team!

August 8th edit: I'm also being put on to help with the remaining analyses.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)