Passing to priority-users?

I recently developed a small strategy and didn't even realize it, so was wondering if anyone has expanded on it.

Currently, I have a team with a standard Moltres lead for early damage, but I realized that I had three physical priority users on my team: Technitop with priority moves, CB trick/Shadow Sneak Spiritomb, and DD Lapras with Ice Shard. I experimented with Swords Dancing and Baton Passing to these priority users, as they're all pretty bulky depending on nature/EVs, and can usually take a neutral/resisted hit on a switch-in.

As for actual passers, I can think of Leafeon and Scyther. Leafeon has great defense and decent speed, while a Jolly Scyther can be lightning fast, even throwing in a Sub with the baton pass. I think I enjoy Lum Berry the best for my passer, as these pokemon are quickly bait for T-Wave and WoW, making two SD and a pass possible.

Then, assuming the opponent doesn't have Sucker Punch to destroy me, I switch in one of the three priority users with the boost.

Could this go anywhere?

Yes. I believe Roflkip came up with a Curse - Sucker Punch - Baton Pass Umbreon and the receivers were priority users to avoid the speed drop.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Leafeon + Azumarill works, as the former is faster than Moltres and can pass the boosts before it gets to kiss goodbye. I don't really know if it's really worth a whole thread for discussion though, as there doesn't seem to be much to say as "pass Curses/SDs with pokémon A, B or C to pokémons D, E and F that are slow but have access to priority"; and seems to be just an extention of the standard BPing strategies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)