Strategy & Metagame OU's Top Threats, how do they fare in Ubers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Uncompetitive

What makes us human?
is a Contributor Alumnus
This is a relatively simple concept, I'll take a look at various OU Pokemon that are considered to be rather popular/great and show how exactly they fare in the Ubers tier.

Stuff I'll adress:

• What are these Pokemon known for doing in OU?
  • Why are they considered to be so good in OU?
  • How well do they fare in Ubers?
  • Can the still preform the same jobs effectively?
  • Are there new Pokemon that it can check rather well?
  • What about new threats and new competition for a teamslot?

Like Jellicent's articles on the transitions RBY mons had to BW2, I will be covering about 7-10 Pokemon in the same general format: 2 paragraphs will be written for each Pokemon. 1 paragraph talks about how they do in OU. A second will talk about how they do in Ubers.

General Idea of what Pokemon I'm thinking of covering in no particular order (no I don't have a final list yet) (* means I'm most likely going to talk about it):

Ferrothorn*
Politoed*/Ninetales* (They're essentially in the same boat in terms of what they're known for in OU and Ubers)
Latias*
Dragonite*
Tyranitar*
Scizor*
Salamence
Landorus-I
Keldeo
Garchomp
Terrakion
Latios

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yes! This sounds like a great idea. Good thinking; I approve of this article. If you don't have The Smog access, go to this page and request it. Once you've done so, let us know in this thread so we can give you access to our Article Workshop forum, where you can begin production!

Mr. Uncompetitive

What makes us human?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Request has been sent. Thanks for the quick approvals and stuff (holy crap that was so much faster than getting QC feedback)

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
You've been approved! You can now see the Article Workshop. Go look around the forum and get a sense for what we do.

Once you're ready, post in the What Are We Doing? thread (WAWD) that you're writing this article. Then, make a thread on it and start writing. Try to get it written up in two weeks, so the grammar and HTML teams have time to process what you've written. We'll handle everything for you, including art. All we need you to do is write! Two rules:

1) Get your stuff done on time. In WAWD, we list the release date of the upcoming issue. If you get done ahead of time, you can ask any of the Smog Staff for approval of another article to write, if you so desire. If you can't make the release date deadline, let the Smog Staff know, and we'll make accommodations accordingly. The worst thing you could do is not communicate with us, so just keep us in the loop; we're likely to understand your situation if you can't make deadline.

2) Don't leak our stuff. The forum is private for a reason. If you ever want feedback, you can join us in #thesmog on IRC to chat about your current article. Let us know if you have any questions.

smg staff rulez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)