Tournament OUPL V - Semifinals

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Hosted by GMars and Indigo Plateau
Fire Banner by HotFuzzBall

Standings and Player Records

Please follow all general tournament rules and everything specified in previous OUPL V threads.
POSTING REPLAYS IS MANDATORY. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Ludicrous Ludicolos (4) vs. Driftveil City Demons (4)
SM: Eo Ut Mortus vs. The Hallows
SM: ZDen vs. p2
SM: 1 True Lycan vs. talah
ORAS: Rodriblutar vs. Lusa
BW: Thatsjustpeachy vs. Mix
DPP: hellpowna vs. H.M.N.I.P Vay
ADV: UD vs. Mysterious M
BO3: We Three Kings vs. BKC

Sprout Tower Sprouts (3) vs. Six Island Sobbles (5)
SM: c0mp Zepherox vs. Insult
SM: Jefozz vs. Hayburner
SM: Water Drone vs. KingKdot
ORAS: baddummy vs. Jytcampbell
BW: Updated Kanto vs. mael
DPP: henry vs. -Tsunami-
ADV: Bedschibaer vs. 69 problems
BO3: Lavos vs. xray

Deadline is Sunday, May 19 @ 11:59 PM EDT (GMT -4)

Tiebreak

Ludicrous Ludicolos (2) vs. Driftveil City Demons (0)
ADV 1: hellpowna vs. BKC
ADV 2: UD vs. Teclis

Last edited:

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
RE: We Three Kings vs. Water Drone

This game should have been ruled as a dead game instead of an activity win for Water Drone. This results in a tie between the Ludicolos and the Sprout Tower Sprouts, causing the Ludicrous Ludicolos to become the #1 seed and the Sprout Tower Sprouts to become the #2 seed. The managers were contacted to see whether they wanted to swap matchups or keep them as they are to avoid having their players reschedule. The Six Island Sobbles requested a matchup swap to correctly match seeding.

As no games have been completed yet and a matchup swap was request, matchups have been revised to properly match seeding. Apologies for this. All players, please be aware of your new matchups:

Ludicrous Ludicolos (0) vs. Driftveil City Demons (0)
SM: ZDen vs. p2
SM: 1 True Lycan vs. talah
ORAS: Rodriblutar vs. Lusa
BW: Thatsjustpeachy vs. Mix
DPP: hellpowna vs. H.M.N.I.P
ADV: UD vs. Mysterious M
BO3: We Three Kings vs. BKC

Sprout Tower Sprouts (0) vs. Six Island Sobbles (0)
SM: c0mp vs. Insult
SM: Jefozz vs. Hayburner
SM: Water Drone vs. KingKdot
ORAS: baddummy vs. Jytcampbell
BW: Updated Kanto vs. mael
DPP: henry vs. -Tsunami-
ADV: Bedschibaer vs. 69 problems
BO3: Lavos vs. xray

calling activity/extension with KingKdot. I'm gonna rant a little here cause this has happened both of the last 2 weeks:

Monday:
opp: i can only play weekend lol :)
me: ok

translated: only sunday lol fuck u

Honestly people need to have a little more respect and/or just decency. Like first of all everyone has a life to attend to, but people can make a half an hour of time once during the weekdays with a little effort. Instead of studying for 14 hours straight one day study for 13 and a half! But seriously just pick a fucking time, any time, before fucking the last day. People can schedule around an appointment but not if nothing is established. Maybe if you said on Monday "Hey I can probably only play sunday, does that work for you or do you want me to sub out cause 1 day isnt very good activity". I could have played any day this week with enough notice, and I contacted him saturday, which is "the weekend", saying I was available most of the day.
kingkdot.png
Sorry lol I went to the beach :p. What time can you play sunday? Like I'm just sitting here with my dick in my hand waiting to play this guy. No dude, fucking schedule something before the last minute and we can take it from there. I'm only making this post cause the exact same thing happened last week. Both of the last two opponents couldn't have made any less of an effort, and it affects me somehow. Like I was available all week last week and because my opp couldn't fucking respond once before sunday I have to be subbed or its a dead game?
we three kings.png
I don't have the timestamps anymore but he literally responded to posho hours after I sent a message on Saturday the 11th, and didn't say one thing to me. And that was called a dead game after "I can play right now". I didn't even bring this up earlier this week but why the fuck would this be a dead game when this guy didnt give one absolute fuck about this game, and it ended up costing us the first seed.

Maybe if these guys said like ok I can do Friday after 6 and Saturday between 9-12 or something, anything that I can schedule around or plan for, just anything besides "right now" on sunday would be okay. If you're gonna say "weekend only", at least have decent availability on the damn weekend. If I have to sit here and wait for you to be available it isn't fair, let's find something that works out for both parties.

This isn't even a very serious tour but like come on guys at least make any effort. That being said, an extension would be preferable, I could play the next couple of days but I'm helping my brother move today.

Lmfao Jesus Christ man...if you didn’t want to play Sunday then you should have said something. I would’ve found a time that worked during the week, just much more convenient for me to play weekend this week since I had finals. Ended up going out of town Friday night (wasn’t planned), and didn’t get on smog until Saturday night so I didn’t see your message from Saturday morning until then. If you were so set against playing Sunday at all then why would you tell me weekend was fine in the first place. I would’ve been fine playing yesterday if I knew you could not play Sunday, you never told me that.

Perfect example - I asked my stour tour opponent if weekend worked for him this week. He said it did not, so we found a time and played Friday. Not that complicated man idk why you needed to write this thesis.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)