SV OU OU Team V.2.0 To The Stars

https://pokepast.es/d2068f65e4eabbe9
https://pokepast.es/c9c005e7a4faa404
1677775544468.png
/
1677775602137.png
/
1677775613832.png

Hello. Long time no post. This post is one part, "look how good my team is" and one part, "I thought of potential ways to make my team better while typing this post plz help."

In total, I got to about 1500 with the first team before I started playing with different rain/ sun teams and my ELO started to run ALL over the place.

And then after playing with the first team for a bit, and making this post, I started to think of potential swaps to make everything better... My Curse.

Anyway, enough stalling.

1677775544468.png
1677775552499.png

The Corv (Corviknight) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Mirror Armor
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Body Press
- Defog
- Roost

*The main physical defensive mon on this team and an actual g.o.a.t. This mons job is to switch into physical attacks, deal rocky helmet chip, and then get some chip on whatever mon wants to swap in or predict a switch to gain momentum. Maybe I could swap out BB/ BP for U-Turn for more momentum? It's an idea. The second job of this mon is hazard removal. I had tusk for rapid spin but tusk seems to be becoming increasingly one-noted and easy to work around so he got benched for breloom...

The Clod (Clodsire) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Haze
- Recover

*Anyone who says that clodsire ISN'T absolutely disgusting is a liar. This mon eats special attacks for breakfast (nom nom nom nom). Soak up special attacks and retaliate with toxic/ equake. I used to have rocks on him but found it difficult to set rocks up and just swapped it for haze to compliment the unaware ability. Maybe this was a mistake. Who can say? Maybe you? Maybe no one?

1677775679180.png
1677775602137.png
1677775606473.png

The Brel (Breloom) @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed

The Azum (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Liquidation

*So this is where tusk used to be. But tusk kept getting run over by more and more strong special water/ grass/ fairy moves so they got benched for breloom since this baby was on another team I made and was an absolute powerhouse. Substitute is there to get behind a nice wall to either then attack from or set up from. I don't run spore because spore is super predictable but after typing this I am thinking of swapping substitute out for spore... Thoughts? Bullet seed does disgustingly consistent damage with loaded dice and mach punch takes care of scary dark/ steel mons.

Now... I have breloom. I know breloom does good work. But then Game Freak decided to create the monster that is Walking Wake... So I got to thinking. Azumarill has priority, does an f-ton of damage with huge power, can set up pretty easily, and counters WW fairly well. I haven't tried azumarill out on this team yet, but I am thinking that they could be a good missing link. Not to mention with all of the rain teams that seem to be present, azumarill will only benefit from that. And I get water moves that I think I could benefit from.

1677775739307.png
1677775613832.png
1677775618034.png

The Pult (Dragapult) @ Choice Band
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Tera Blast
- U-turn
- Sucker Punch

The Nite (Dragonite) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Ice Spinner

*The same thing that happened above with breloom/ azumarill happens here. I have dragapult on my team now and yeah, dragapult does its job and does it well. Get in, do damage/ u-turn out for momentum, repeat. But then I got to thinking that with dnite I could set up and potentially run house late game with tera normal espeed. Maybe I would switch up some of their moves but no one can deny that dnite can be very disgusting. Thoughts?

The Deng (Gholdengo) @ Leftovers
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Recover

*Cheese. This mon has been talked about so much that I don't really have a lot to say about it. I used to run scarf but found that I am able to do more consistent damage with bulky leftovers/ nasty plot. I am considering swapping out recover for thunder wave but this has yet to be tried out since getting off a key recover can be and has been game-changing. Not to mention a key tera flying + recover/ nasty plot can win games. Maybe I will try out twave though and let you know. Maybe not.

The Volc (Volcarona) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 108 SpA / 152 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain
- Tera Blast

*And last but not least, Volcarona. Again, with cheese there isn't a lot to say about this mon except for maybe its tera typing. Tera rock with Tera blast is super overlooked IMO. Now volcarona can take out fire types that would have otherwise walled it (COUGH armordouch CAUGH skeleho). Its EV spread also helps with surviving hits and getting off a quiver dance to then, promptly, run house. If you haven't tried tera rock, try it. recover can be nice, but a surprise tera rock has won me too many games to count.

Potential Threats:

1677778023251.png

I think I mentioned it above but walking wake can tear through this team if you aren't careful. Clodsire can be a serious help to incoming draco meteors and flamethrowers, but if you accidently come into a hydro pump/ hydro steam that will eat your clodsire up and potentially be gg (unless you go the azumarill route instead of breloom, that is). You may have to sac someone to safely bring in clod, but again, you're walking a wire.

252 SpA Choice Specs Walking Wake Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Clodsire: 223-264 (48.1 - 57%) -- 91.4% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Walking Wake Hydro Steam vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Clodsire: 276-326 (59.6 - 70.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Walking Wake Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 157-186 (38.8 - 46%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

1677778043204.png

I actually added breloom to help with the waifu. But if you ever find yourself without a physical mon it's probably gg. If this thing comes in swap in breloom right away and click bullet seed to get rid of it. If breloom dies, that's a problem. Maybe you can send in dragapult and predict tera water to use darts, but if you over-predict you're SOL. And if you under-predict and go for tera steel into their tera water you're also SOL. Maybe I'll just add this mon to my team so I can be a part of the problem instead of trying to find a solution...

I am not sure of any other potential threats so helping me out with that would be much appreciated.

ANYWAY, I am sure there are things I am forgetting to add but I am tired of typing this post so I am going to post it and maybe it'll be edited later. Anyway, thanks a bunch. Consensual hugs and kisses. You're the best. I hope you have a good day.

Ciao.

Last edited:
Very cool team. Feels like it packs an answer for just about everything popular right now (running the Azumarill/Dragapult options). Corviknight is so good right now.

This seems like a balanced, and pretty cool team. Just a few things I'd recommend.

Have you tried covert cloak on ghold? It helps you with garg, and it's practically useless against it and is setup fodder after tera if it's packing EQ.

Haze won't be very useful on :clodsire: since :espathra: is gone, so I'd put in sr since this team lacks hazards.

I'd keep :azumarill: on the team for now until :walking wake: gets banned, then run loom. Spore might be an option over sub on loom, since it's going to be useful on a team with so many setup Mons.

Also if you didn't know, if you want to use the mini sprites, use ":" around a Pokémon's name for example, greninja would be
:greninja: (:greninja:).

And for the big 3D sprites it would be :sv/greninja:

Which makes :sv/greninja:

I hope this helps you win more with this team, although I'm not the best at team rating :sphearical:

Let me know if these changes end up actually working :blobthumbsup:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)