OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

why is swift swim+drizzle banned, but not drought+chlorophyll? both are speed doubling abilities and an auto-weather ability. I am sure that there is some kind of differences, but still clarify this?

why is swift swim+drizzle banned, but not drought+chlorophyll? both are speed doubling abilities and an auto-weather ability. I am sure that there is some kind of differences, but still clarify this?
This is the most commonly asked question is here, and the answer is on the first page, but I'll answer it anyway.

In 5th Gen, Drizzle + Swift Swim was banned because there were a variety of viable sweepers with Swift Swim who could abuse permanent rain and essentially, win very very easily. One could argue the same about Drought + Chlorophyll, but there are two points that make it different.
1. There are much less viable Chlorophyll abusers
2. Sun did not power up the Grass-type's STAB, which was the type of the Chlorophyll users, whereas Swift Swim users were almost always Water-types, so their STAB was boosted by 50%

Regardless, DrizzleSwim is unbanned in Gen 6, so it doesn't matter anymore, as Rain's nerf limited DrizzleSwim as a whole. Some think that the metagame in Gen 5 would have been much better if just Drizzle was banned originally, but that's another question.

Can offensive Latias with Grass Knot check Jellicent? Is it better to give it Choice Specs or Life Orb when it's my only check again Jellicent? I have a Ferrothorn too but... easily burned... I hope this thread is still alive...

Can a Gliscor with Toxic orb use Protect for 2 turns in a row?
I ran into one and i didnt know what was going on(i already saw people trying to use protect 2 turns in a row and they failed)

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Can a Gliscor with Toxic orb use Protect for 2 turns in a row?
I ran into one and i didnt know what was going on(i already saw people trying to use protect 2 turns in a row and they failed)
Yes after the first Protect the next one however only has a 50% chance to succeed. So theoretically you could use protect as long as you want.

Now that the XY hype has died down can we ban all weather (even Hail) from Gen 5 OU and redo the suspect process? We can also go ahead and quick ban Landorus, Thundurus, Tornadus (all formes), Terrakion, and Keldeo (all formes).

Last edited:
Is it possible to breed a 3 IV Eevee in Black 2 with its hidden ability? I don't know the breeding mechanics that well but I know that before XY there were dream world pokemon that you couldn't breed because their ability wouldn't get passed down or something. I want to teach it Heal Bell and and Hyper Voice (and make it a Sylveon) so I can't just do it in XY. Or do I have to just hope I get suuuuuper lucky with dream radar?

Last edited:
What was the peak % for Politoed's usage?
Right now. (Using unweighted Gen 5 OU statistics.)

19.078% - September 2011
20.250% - October 2011
17.084% - November 2011
16.888% - December 2011
16.316% - January 2012
17.199% - February 2012
17.532% - March 2012
16.809% - April 2012
16.840% - May 2012
16.783% - June 2012
Impossible to measure due to the switch in how we measure usage stats here - January 2013
18.90903% - May 2013
17.34083% - June 2013
18.46471% - August 2013
Impossible to measure due to the switch from BW to XY occurring here - October 2013
Impossible to measure due to the switch from BW to XY occurring here - November 2013
Impossible to measure due to the switch from BW to XY occurring here - December 2013
18.76529% - January 2014
20.12336% - February 2014
22.26659% - April 2014

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)