Gen 3 OU RMT

So basically I just started trying to play Pokemon again. This has probably been one of my more favourite teams, but recently I've been losing a lot :(

Slaking (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Truant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Fury Swipes
- Shadow Ball

This is probably the only pokemon that I'm not willing to replace. Double-Edge over Return because it does a lot more damage, and the recoil isnt much compared to Slaking's massive base 150 HP. Earthquake to hit steels/rocks, Fury Swipes for obvious substitute users (Ninjask, Jolteon, etc.), and Shadow Ball so that I don't get completely walled by ghosts. This pretty much starts the game with the momentum on my side, dealing lots of damage to the opposing lead or switch in.

Magneton @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 72 HP / 184 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

Anti-Skarm/Forretress. Basically this is needed because my team is pretty much walled by Skarmory and Forretress.

Swampert (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Roar
- Toxic

Standard Mixpert, Toxic over Surf because STAB isn't generally needed.

Salamence (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Rock Slide

CBMence is a beast, as it is only countered by steels (which are taken care of with Flamethrower) and rocks (mainly TTar), as bulky waters are 2HKO'd by CB STAB HP Flying.

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Spd / 188 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Crunch
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

Boah for the slight surprise factor, and that it still deals a lot of damage. Crunch for STAB and for Celebi/Claydol, SubPunch for the high damage that it brings, and Thunderbolt for waters.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 206 HP / 252 Def / 52 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Protect
- Thunder Wave
- Wish

Wish+Protect to mimic softboiled, as well as its ability to pass Wish along to other sweepers so that they can do more damage. Ice Beam so that it doesn't get walled by ghosts, and Thunder Wave to cripple sweepers.

So far, this team has been doing OK but not too great, but I've noticed it has a REALLY big weakness to waters, and Gyarados in particular. Gyarados after a DD can OHKO/2HKO everything on my team except for Swampert, who can't do anything back to Gyarados because of Taunt.

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
So basically I just started trying to play Pokemon again. This has probably been one of my more favourite teams, but recently I've been losing a lot :(

Slaking (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Truant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Double-Edge
- Focus Punch
- Fury Swipes
- Shadow Ball

This is probably the only pokemon that I'm not willing to replace. Double-Edge over Return because it does a lot more damage, and the recoil isnt much compared to Slaking's massive base 150 HP. Focus Punch for Skarmory and other steels/rocks, Fury Swipes for obvious substitute users (Ninjask, Jolteon, etc.), and Shadow Ball so that I don't get completely walled by ghosts. This pretty much starts the game with the momentum on my side, dealing lots of damage to the opposing lead or switch in.

Not having EQ can kinda hurt. If you had to put it in, I would suggest it over Swipes. Getting rid of Focus Punch would probably call for a need in Magneton.

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Hardy Nature (Neutral)
- Spikes
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Whirlwind

SubSkarm without an attack move, but generally I find Toxic is more useful than an attacking move. Generally, the things that have Taunt (TTar, Gyarados) are better walled by Swampert.

Swampert doesn't wall Gyarados, per say, but I know what you're saying. Walling Gyarados is Zapdos's job. In any case, your team as it stands is suffering vs Heracross (Salamence is CB'd and there's no Wish), so Drill Peck (Illegal with Whirlwind) or HP Flying is the way to go over Toxic. Don't forget your Impish Nature.

Swampert (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Roar
- Toxic

Standard Mixpert, Toxic over Surf because STAB isn't generally needed.

Salamence (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Rock Slide

CBMence is a beast, as it is only countered by steels (which are taken care of with Flamethrower) and rocks (mainly TTar), as bulky waters are 2HKO'd by CB STAB HP Flying.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 38 HP / 220 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Metal Sound
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic

Metal Sound to take down walls, HP Grass for Swampert, TBolt for STAB, and Toxic because I generally find it more useful than TWave, Sub, or Light Screen.

More HP. Metal Sound will cover you, so you can drop some SAtk. Also, you can just run Modest. You won't really need more than 270 total speed (About 120 EVs without a +Nature?). Consider Rest or Roar over Toxic. Maybe even Substitute.

Snorlax (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 144 HP / 68 Atk / 132 Def / 164 SDef
- Curse
- Rest
- Return
- Shadow Ball

Curselax, special wall, Shadow Ball so that it doesn't get walled by ghosts.

Oof. Snorlax and Slaking on the same team. I'd either trade Slaking for a spinner/Celebi or Snorlax for a Seismic Toss Regice. It's probably fine, but it's usually good to have a deep enough variety in your attack types.
It's really hard to bog down a stall team with this, especially if it has Celebi. Not sure what to do with this one, tbh.

Max defense Celebi can dominate every pokemon on this team(cbmence hp flying doesnt ohko so it can BP out with its CMs/SDs) and BP when it gets toxic'd, skarmory helps a little bit but magnetons are so common that it may not last long.

I stopped using magneton because of fire weakness, and people have started using cloyster often.

I'd either use Earthquake on Snorlax over shadowball, or make it EQ/Return/Fire blast/self destruct, OR just switch it with metagross/claydol or starmie.

Ok, I'll try out Regice instead of Curselax, Drill Peck on Skarm and Roar over Toxic on Zapdos. Anyways, max defense Celebi still doesn't do much, because although it doesn't get OHKO'd by Hidden Power, it still takes a beating and the thing that will switch in will also get hurt quite badly (unless its a wall, but then if it's a wall it won't be able to take much advantage of the CM).

Pretty easy to see the problem here, there's virtually no team synergy. Let me explain:

First of all Slaking is virtually on its own, it has no support- It's bait for Forretress/Skarmory to come in and rack spikes dmg on you for usually little risk, and as if that wasn't bad enough one could throw a Ghost in there and you'd be in big trouble.
(I'd recommend either an obvious Magneton to off those Spikers, or a spinner to neutralize Spiking threats.)

Second, what is Skarmory even doing on this squad, Starmie totally renders it useless, and it has no spin-blocking or anything to keep Spikes on the ground. Again, another dude all by itself.

You can also throw Mence in the same category as Slaking. Although it does provide some sort of pseudo-fighting defense, you'll literally need perfect prediction to get anywhere at all without any support.

I'd go on but simply enough Skarmory+Blissey run roughshod over this team, and that's never a good sign, especially if you take into account ghosts and what not.

My point was it would be difficult to deal with celebi, im Pretty sure it can kill Salamence if it gets the leech seed, or it can switch into an easy counter because it gets health back from leech seed. Once salamence falls eventually with no leftovers or anything, nothing stops celebi.

Good Team, Needs to have That Magneton Replaced with a Skarmory Though IMO, Tyraniboah(you CAN replace Sub with Flamethrower to Eliminate Steels) can do the Job of Magneton Just fine and There's Blissey for The T-wave..

And You could try Placing an AromaTherapist Blissey there..

Well to start, Skarmory =/= skarm trapper, and neither is Boah. The Point of Tyraniboah is to dent everything when they switch out. Substitute allows Boah to focus punch, without it, it cant 1v1 blissey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)