OU Replay Contest - Round 4 Submissions OPEN

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Subject 18

Edit: What happened to having to comment on at least two replays to have yours counted...
It was getting too long for this round, and I've been at band camp using an iPhone, so there wasn't a whole lot I could do. I will police that regulation better in the next round -- sorry, but the circumstances were inconvenient.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
ATTENTION: REPOLL

I'm not going to let another dumb replay win, upon thought. Thus, I am eliminating ShakeItUp's replay from the contention, and will be granting a two-day extension for anyone who wants to place another submission. Additionally, you will have to make at least one comment on a replay to get yours counted. @Subject 18 and @Cyredax, you must fulfill this requirement, but do not have to resubmit.

Sorry for the confusion, but I can't in good faith let this happen again. Thank you.

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hate to sound like a party pooper but I'm glad a joke replay isn't going to win again. These replays are meant to be used for the OU hub for newer players to learn. I was kinda losing interest in this thread after seeing SIU's replay being voted the most again just because it's a funny replay. I certainly don't want people thinking that Pineco and Hitmonlee are viable on OU teams. No disrespect to SIU though.

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
honestly i think shake's replay is fine, its not staged or some dumb shit, its an actual display of skill

i think you're decision is downright stupid
"Replays enable new players to see how the best think and act in battles, providing a great resource. They allow players to learn how they can play through certain situations and win even when the odds may be stacked up against them."

"I want to put replays up on-site in a page in the OU Hub where players of all skill levels will be able to view them and improve their skills or just enjoy watching a good battle."

I don't think SIU's replay is as informative as Jukain would like to be.

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
this isnt about team building its about battling
Well if you wanna get technical, this replay thread is generally designed to help newer players learn the ropes, and seeing Pineco vs. Dragon Spam isn't informative imo. But whatever, if you wanna get even more technical, Jukian stated that you need to comment on replays to have yours counted, which SIU hasn't done either.

smh the hate is killing me on the inside :<
every1 jelly of RU PRIDE imo
But it's all good....

World Cup Finals Match

In this high stakes clash of the titans, {UA}Darkravenn12 attempts to defeat his former clan-mate {MD}Babies and become 15-1 in team tournaments in the grandest stage of all: The World Cup Finals. With US East having lost the last game, ShakeItUp has the power to put his team up with an almost unassailable 4-1 series lead against Team Asia. The game starts with ShakeItUp's Garchomp, nicknamed Taylor Rain, ShakeItUp's former clan leader, leading off against Squirrel's Espeon. Luckily for ShakeItUp, he is running a Special Garchomp, allowing him to nail Espeon with a Draco Meteor as it goes for Reflect. Knowing that Espeon will attack the next turn, ShakeItUp sends out his Jirachi, easily tanking the Hidden Power Ice. Knowing the switch is coming, ShakeItUp uses U-turn to gain momentum. Garchomp has a very favorable matchup vs Ninetales, so he sends it in. ShakeItUp predicts the switch to Espeon and uses Draco Meteor, but Squirrel makes a nice play, staying in to Hidden Power Ice Garchomp. The next turn, Squirrel predicts ShakeItUp to use Stealth Rock, but knowing this was coming, the brilliant user uses Earthquake, which subsequently scores a critical hit on the opposition. {MD}Babies brings in Victini, U-turning out to his Ninetales, revealing that his Pokemon is holding a Choice Scarf. {UA}Darkravenn12 annihilates the Ninetales with his Starmie, and then switches out to his Scizor to tank a hit from the opposition's Sawsbuck; even though Babies manages to nail Scizor with a critical hit, Scizor hangs on, subsequently finishing it off with a Bullet Punch. Victini comes in and misses a Bolt Strike, which most likely did not affect the outcome of the game. Nonetheless, Scizor weakens it and dies from Life Orb recoil, allowing ShakeItUp to send in his Reuniclus, which subsequently sets up a Trick Room and KOs Victini and Volcarona before fainting. Garchomp is then finished off by the tandem of Starmie and Dragonite, giving ShakeItUp an amazing 15-1 record in team tournaments and his team a 4-1 lead in the World Cup Finals. This game helps prove that weather is not needed in the OU tier to win a game, even if the team lacks Spikes. Normally sun is able to annihilate weatherless teams, but ShakeItUp's excellent play allows him to overcome the odds and give his team a much-needed victory.

ShootinStarmie

Turn 3 was a major misplay on Grapplebeam's side; he should have just stayed in and put the Heatran to sleep once he saw its Leftovers. Amoonguss can easily tank a Lava Plume, and since most Starmie Suspect had already revealed that his Landorus-T had Stealth Rock, he should have seen it coming. This misplay ended up becoming a major thorn in his side, and played a major role in costing him the match. The very next turn, Starmie Suspect misplays by going for Protect; the Jellicent user was obviously going to switch out, especially since Heatran can tank Scalds for days. Grapplebeam then lets his Amoonguss get burned, but makes a nice double switch on Turn 9. However, after Heatran burned Tyranitar on turn 16 with Lava Plume, the game was essentially over for Grapplebeam, being unable to truly defeat the Heatran that would cause him massive trouble during the battle. On Turn 23, Grapplebeam uses Spore, another misplay due to his forgetting about Sleep Clause. Mandibuzz being hit with a Toxic on turn 32 and subsequently being Tricked a Choice Scarf 2 turns later was simply the nail in the coffin, Grapplebeam simply being unable to break through Starmie Suspect's core. He eventually ends up getting swept by Latios, which Starmie Suspect had smartly allowed to switch moves through the use of Trick earlier in the battle. While Starmie Suspect had no spinner, he had 4 Pokemon immune to Spikes, making it difficult for Grapplebeam to apply as much pressure as Heatran did to his team. Toxic Heatran simply annihilates Grapplebeam's team, showcasing the importance of team matchup in the Overused metagame, something which can never be overlooked. Starmie Suspect did play Heatran well though, knowing it was the key to the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)