Gen 8 OU RAIN TEAM!!

This is my OU rain team that I think works very well!!

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Weather Ball
- Roost

My first mon is the rain-setter of the team, Pelipper. It has a high HP stat to be tanky, has roost to recover any damage taken ( to make sure the rain doesnt die out), and has uturn to switch out when needed. Hurricane and weather ball are just moves to maybe do take out a landorus or a rillaboom, as it can OHKO both of them. Its the most common rain setter, and with damp rock it can make the rain last longer, which makes the team ever stronger.

Barraskewda @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Liquidation
- Close Combat
- Flip Turn

My next mon is a Barraskewda with a choice band, which has INCREDIBLE offensive power. Liquidation can OHKO so many mons, the only problem is Barraskewdas defense. Not to worry though with its 700+ speed when in the rain, nothing can outspeed it (other than priority moves). Incredible damage, incredible speed, close combat can do a lot of damage to other mons, and liquidation can kill almost anything even if its not very effective.

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder
- Weather Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Volt Switch

Thundurus is very strong when under water due to the accuracy of Thunder. It also has weather ball for any potential swap ins to Landorus, and it does a lot of damage in general. Life orb to make it an even STRONGER special attacker. I usually swap it in after pelipper to make sure that any electric move doesnt hurt my team, due to volt absorb. Very solid mon, love it on the team

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dual Wingbeat
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Swords Dance

The rain makes fire type moves weaker, which lets scizor shine. Swords dance to get an insane attack stat, and bullet punch + dual wingbeat + technician also does a lot of damage. Every rain team needs a pokemon that can take advantage of the rain, and Scizor is one of the best in that respect. I gave it leftovers because honestly I didnt know what else to give it, so any suggestions on scizor sets would also be appreciated.

Omastar @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Ancient Power
- Earth Power

This thing is SO underrated. Omastar has swift swim to double its speed in the rain, giving it a 418 speed stat. Although it cant outspeed everything, it can outspeed most mons without choice scarf or priority moves. Hydro pump + rain + specs can OHKO literally every single thing that comes into this things path. I dont rlly use the other moves cuz Hydro Pump is just insane.

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Unseen Fist
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Close Combat
- Surging Strikes
- Thunder Punch

Final mon doesnt need rain to do an absurd amount of damage, so if the rain goes out you can use this to deal damage, and then swap back into pelipper. Surging Strikes does even more damage while in the rain, so rain + surging strikes + stab = owie for the other team. Does lots of damage, has high speed, and ignores defense boosts

This is my OU team for rain! Feel free to leave any suggestions :D

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hello, welcome to Smogon. The rules clearly state that you are only aloud to post one RMT thread every two weeks. You posted your last RMT only a few hours ago, so this thread will be locked until June 14, 2021.

hey! Rain is very viable, and used in numerous tiers. Your team has some holes and I hope to fix it. Below are some changes I suggest you consider.

:ss/pelipper:

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog

Your Pelipper has to be bulkier. Rain is not continuous and you have to be able to get it out on the field because your team relies on it. Use Scald over Hurricane for burns, making it easier for your offensive mons.

:ss/kingdra:

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Flip Turn

Like you said, Omastar will be outsped and will be risky to use. I suggest a similar mon, which is Specs Kingdra. With faster Spe, it can outspeed more mons and generally has more firepower. Although Omastar will have more SpA, Kingdra is more balanced and frankly fits better on rain teams.

:ss/ferrothorn:

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Body Press

This is a must on rain teams. Being able to be a great check to many mons that threaten rain, you have to have it. Having 3 choice users is a bad idea, as being locked really limits your options, and be forced to hard switch which your opponent can exploit. Replace Urshifu-R for Ferrothorn to solidify your defenses.

:ss/zapdos:

Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Hurricane
- Weather Ball
- Roost

The Zapdos set is literally called a offensive rain sweeper. It is so good on rain teams, with Thunder and Hurricane taking advantage of the rain and has huge power. Replace this for Thundurus-T.

I didn't want to change the team too much, but for your rain team to work, it has some must-need mons. Below is the pokepaste, hope this works!
Silvershadow494 Rain (pokepast.es)

Hello there cool rain team I like rain as well so I’d like to suggest some changes that might be of use.

major changes
Firstly,
1625538518806.png
>>>
1625538554865.png
you lacked a true electric immunity on your team as thundy isn’t the most reliable defensively and I feel Toad could offer more power and speed to your team along side it important device utility.​
1625538716606.png
Seismitoad @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave

second urshifu>>>
1625540424877.png
this mon is great for rain setting hazards and checking
1625540503339.png
. Does great agaisnt opposing rain

1625540560120.png

Ferrothorn (F) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth rock
- Leech Seed
- Body Press
- Power Whip

I opted for shed shell so
1625540631797.png
isn’t too much of an issue.

minor changes
Ok so the minor changes. First​
1625539062498.png
Pelipper @ Damp Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost
I found you lucked hazard control so using defog on Pelliper would be the best thing. I also find scald much more useful than weather ball as if you are lucky you can get a burn on physical attackers render them useless.

second,

1625539264260.png

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Weather Ball
- Volt Switch
- Grass Knot

I opted for specs as you have more longevity although more prediction reliant I still find it worth it over LO. Weather ball is more for
1625539397048.png
than anything. Grass knot is to try to catch things like
1625539450476.png
or
1625539487523.png
on the switch. Over all this thing is very hard to switch into if you get the right predictions.

Last change

1625539979979.png

Scizor @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dual Wingbeat
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

I made scizor fully spdef for rains biggest threat
1625540060690.png
. Not only that but scizor can check another threat to rain which is
1625540121716.png
. I kept dual wing beat for rilla.

These are my changes hope you like them.

Last edited:
I test
This is my OU rain team that I think works very well!!

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Weather Ball
- Roost

My first mon is the rain-setter of the team, Pelipper. It has a high HP stat to be tanky, has roost to recover any damage taken ( to make sure the rain doesnt die out), and has uturn to switch out when needed. Hurricane and weather ball are just moves to maybe do take out a landorus or a rillaboom, as it can OHKO both of them. Its the most common rain setter, and with damp rock it can make the rain last longer, which makes the team ever stronger.

Barraskewda @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Liquidation
- Close Combat
- Flip Turn

My next mon is a Barraskewda with a choice band, which has INCREDIBLE offensive power. Liquidation can OHKO so many mons, the only problem is Barraskewdas defense. Not to worry though with its 700+ speed when in the rain, nothing can outspeed it (other than priority moves). Incredible damage, incredible speed, close combat can do a lot of damage to other mons, and liquidation can kill almost anything even if its not very effective.

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Weather Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Volt Switch

Thundurus is very strong when under water due to the accuracy of Thunder. It also has weather ball for any potential swap ins to Landorus, and it does a lot of damage in general. Life orb to make it an even STRONGER special attacker. I usually swap it in after pelipper to make sure that any electric move doesnt hurt my team, due to volt absorb. Very solid mon, love it on the team

Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dual Wingbeat
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Swords Dance

The rain makes fire type moves weaker, which lets scizor shine. Swords dance to get an insane attack stat, and bullet punch + dual wingbeat + technician also does a lot of damage. Every rain team needs a pokemon that can take advantage of the rain, and Scizor is one of the best in that respect. I gave it leftovers because honestly I didnt know what else to give it, so any suggestions on scizor sets would also be appreciated.

Omastar @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Ancient Power
- Earth Power

This thing is SO underrated. Omastar has swift swim to double its speed in the rain, giving it a 418 speed stat. Although it cant outspeed everything, it can outspeed most mons without choice scarf or priority moves. Hydro pump + rain + specs can OHKO literally every single thing that comes into this things path. I dont rlly use the other moves cuz Hydro Pump is just insane.

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Unseen Fist
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Close Combat
- Surging Strikes
- Thunder Punch

Final mon doesnt need rain to do an absurd amount of damage, so if the rain goes out you can use this to deal damage, and then swap back into pelipper. Surging Strikes does even more damage while in the rain, so rain + surging strikes + stab = owie for the other team. Does lots of damage, has high speed, and ignores defense boosts

This is my OU team for rain! Feel free to leave any suggestions :D
This team is so broken, Get the council! I use it in pokebilities, so that makes it more insane.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)