Gen 4 OU paraspam offense

After a bit of a break from playing Pokemon, I decided I wanted to get back into competitive by building myself a dpp ou team. I decided on a more offensive paraspam to better load into fat while still doing better vs offense.

The team:
286.png
385.png
380.png
68.png
130.png
212.png

The strategy is to spread status with loom, rachi, gyara and latias so that machamp and scizor can clean house.

The players:

breloom.png

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb

Breloom is my lead, as it can easily get sleeps off and disrupt, giving it's teammates openings and neutralizing threats. 188 speed is to creep 222 speed loom. I could probably also give this effect spore, but not much on my team likes toxic spikes so having a countermeasure for those as well as a status absorber is nice.

jirachi.png

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 240 HP / 160 Def / 76 SpD / 32 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Punch
- Body Slam
- Iron Head

Classic support rachi. Sets up rocks and paraflinches stuff. Fire punch helps with scizor and other steels bar heatran, and body slam is used over twave to paralyze flygon and gliscor. Could use uturn for positioning or wish for more support.

latias.png

Latias (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Thunder Wave

Scarf latias is my insurance against dd'ers and overall speed control, with twave to punish offensive teams and trick to punish defensive ones. Tbolt is my coverage of choice to hit Gyarados hard as well as hit the steels for neutral. This ends up getting ttar'd a lot so usually you have to play it carefully.

machamp.png

Machamp @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Dynamic Punch
- Payback
- Stone Edge

Machamp is the best paralysis abuser in the tier, and it's pretty freaking good. Substitute takes advantage of the switches Machamp forces, allowing it to take KOs on things that would usually outspeed it and take it out. The three attacks hit a huge portion of the tier for super effective damage, and the dynamic punch confusion is rediculous, especially in sand with paralysis. Overall crazy good pokemon on this team.

gyarados.png

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance

Gyarados is great, as twave cripples offense, but if fat gets too comfy the dd's add up. 196 speed allows it to outspeed jolly scarfgon at +2 and pick up a KO with waterfall. Sub is nasty because this thing forces switches like crazy, and it takes the prediction out of the equation, allowing me to choose my option safely depending on their switchin. Intimidate also does work, as this team is a bit Lucario weak, so having that psuedo bulk is a godsend. This thing isn't really meant to sweep, mostly just to disrupt and break holes into the teams, as well as to incite terror in the enemies hearts as it dd's behind a sub.

scizor.png

Scizor @ Occa Berry
Ability: Technician
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Finally we have Scizor. Scizor excells at cleaning up games, especially against slow teams, so naturally it is amazing on this team. Occa berry lets it live that one crucial fire move and pick up a KO, and pursuit gets rid of those pesky Gengar and choice locked latias. Superpower picks up KOs on heatran and magnezone, as well as doing massive neutral damage, and bullet punch is an absolute must on any Scizor set.

Threat list:

Mixed flygon. This thing can rip the team to shreds if you let it, and the only real answer to it is pivots, as if they get a good prediction something is getting KOd. Scizor can 2hko with bullet punch, but drops to a fire blast even with occa berry. Gyara 2hkos it unboosted, and Machamp does too but dies.

Lucario: this thing is a menace if you don't paralyze it or if gyara is gone. I put mach punch on loom just for this bastard, so play around it carefully as it's strong priority will rip you to shreds.

overall this team has performed well, and most of the losses I've suffered have come from my own misplays, not necessarily the teams flaws. If anyone has any suggestions please share them, this is really my first serious dpp ou team so I'd like any feedback possible.

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Punch
- Body Slam
- Iron Head

Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Thunder Wave

Machamp @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Dynamic Punch
- Payback
- Stone Edge

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance

Scizor @ Occa Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

I got rekt by a zapdos, any answer to it with this team?
Twave it at all costs, machamp can then ohko it with stone edge. keep rocks up for pressure. get a sub as gyara, as often zap users like to just throw it at gyara for some reason. remember, paralyze everything. if you have the option to attack something or para it para is usually the way to go.

After a bit of a break from playing Pokemon, I decided I wanted to get back into competitive by building myself a dpp ou team. I decided on a more offensive paraspam to better load into fat while still doing better vs offense.

The team:
View attachment 442552View attachment 442553View attachment 442554View attachment 442555View attachment 442556View attachment 442557
The strategy is to spread status with loom, rachi, gyara and latias so that machamp and scizor can clean house.

The players:

View attachment 442559
Breloom @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb

Breloom is my lead, as it can easily get sleeps off and disrupt, giving it's teammates openings and neutralizing threats. 188 speed is to creep 222 speed loom. I could probably also give this effect spore, but not much on my team likes toxic spikes so having a countermeasure for those as well as a status absorber is nice.

View attachment 442561
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Punch
- Body Slam
- Iron Head

Classic support rachi. Sets up rocks and paraflinches stuff. Fire punch helps with scizor and other steels bar heatran, and body slam is used over twave to paralyze flygon and gliscor. Could use uturn for positioning or wish for more support.

View attachment 442563
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Thunder Wave

Scarf latias is my insurance against dd'ers and overall speed control, with twave to punish offensive teams and trick to punish defensive ones. Tbolt is my coverage of choice to hit Gyarados hard as well as hit the steels for neutral. This ends up getting ttar'd a lot so usually you have to play it carefully.

View attachment 442564
Machamp @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Dynamic Punch
- Payback
- Stone Edge

Machamp is the best paralysis abuser in the tier, and it's pretty freaking good. Substitute takes advantage of the switches Machamp forces, allowing it to take KOs on things that would usually outspeed it and take it out. The three attacks hit a huge portion of the tier for super effective damage, and the dynamic punch confusion is rediculous, especially in sand with paralysis. Overall crazy good pokemon on this team.

View attachment 442567
Gyarados @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance

Gyarados is great, as twave cripples offense, but if fat gets too comfy the dd's add up. 196 speed allows it to outspeed jolly scarfgon at +2 and pick up a KO with waterfall. Sub is nasty because this thing forces switches like crazy, and it takes the prediction out of the equation, allowing me to choose my option safely depending on their switchin. Intimidate also does work, as this team is a bit Lucario weak, so having that psuedo bulk is a godsend. This thing isn't really meant to sweep, mostly just to disrupt and break holes into the teams, as well as to incite terror in the enemies hearts as it dd's behind a sub.

View attachment 442571
Scizor @ Occa Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Finally we have Scizor. Scizor excells at cleaning up games, especially against slow teams, so naturally it is amazing on this team. Occa berry lets it live that one crucial fire move and pick up a KO, and pursuit gets rid of those pesky Gengar and choice locked latias. Superpower picks up KOs on heatran and magnezone, as well as doing massive neutral damage, and bullet punch is an absolute must on any Scizor set.

Threat list:

Mixed flygon. This thing can rip the team to shreds if you let it, and the only real answer to it is pivots, as if they get a good prediction something is getting KOd. Scizor can 2hko with bullet punch, but drops to a fire blast even with occa berry. Gyara 2hkos it unboosted, and Machamp does too but dies.

Lucario: this thing is a menace if you don't paralyze it or if gyara is gone. I put mach punch on loom just for this bastard, so play around it carefully as it's strong priority will rip you to shreds.

overall this team has performed well, and most of the losses I've suffered have come from my own misplays, not necessarily the teams flaws. If anyone has any suggestions please share them, this is really my first serious dpp ou team so I'd like any feedback possible.

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Punch
- Body Slam
- Iron Head

Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Thunder Wave

Machamp @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Dynamic Punch
- Payback
- Stone Edge

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance

Scizor @ Occa Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
I built something similar a while back, but this ones honestly really weak to scarf rotoms and if lati dies, scarf flygon too. Even LO Flygon’s, i would fix dat. I like the idea of this tho

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)