Project OU Next Best Thing - Cycle Last: Mega Latias (Voting)

Choice Specs

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Specs
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast / HP Fire
- Ice Beam / Blizzard

Idk why this isn't a more common set. you just drop Dracos for free on most of the tier. People forget Kyub Has 120 SpA. Good answer to bulky teams that try to play around Icium-Z's zmove by switching to a water. Usually, you just click draco, unless they have a magearna or toxapex, in which case you click EP. Ice Stab is also very nice, not actually that needed. Save focus blast only for when they have Scizor, ferro, or Ttar. Running HP Fire is obviously more consistent, and nabs the OHKO on scizor on the switch.
Alomomola (OU WishPass)Draco Meteor85.6 - 101%87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
Swampert-Mega (OU Rain Sweeper)Draco Meteor89.7 - 105.5%68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Victini (OU Choice Band)Draco Meteor96.7 - 113.7%guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Rotom-Wash (OU Defensive)Draco Meteor102.6 - 120.7%guaranteed OHKO
Keldeo (OU Calm Mind)Draco Meteor110.8 - 130.9%guaranteed OHKO
Landorus-Therian (OU Choice Scarf)Draco Meteor124.4 - 146.7%guaranteed OHKO
Magnezone (OU Substitute Z)Draco Meteor96 - 113.8%guaranteed KO in 2 turns after Stealth Rock
Mawile-Mega (OU Swords Dance)Earth Power120.4 - 142.4%guaranteed OHKO
Magearna (OU Shift Gear)Earth Power89.7 - 105.6%68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Magearna (OU Calm Mind + Pain Split)Earth Power74.3 - 87.6%guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Toxapex (OU The Pex)Earth Power56.5 - 67.1%guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery

Not going to bother with Ice STAB calcs. With blizzard, you can get some cools OHKOs, but for the most part, specs IB will kill the stuff you want it to. Ice-weak pokemon almost never come in on Kyub anyway.
I was going to submit this set, so I might was well point out "why this isn't a more common set". It's mostly outclassed by regular Kyurem, who has the same special movepool and base 130 special attack. The only advantage Specs Kyurem-B has is being able to hit Rotom with Earth Power, and even then, Draco does more damage, and regular Kyurem can run Timid and still have a near guaranteed OHKO on Rotom.

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
this set is max hp max atk, thats why it sets up on chansey (seis toss doesnt break sub)
Just 52 HP EVs achieves that too and I feel like you'd want max speed considering Kyurem's 95 base speed is an extremely crowded speed tier. I do see the merit of sacrificing speed for more bulk and slightly more power though.

Sayuze

Banned deucer.
Just 52 HP EVs achieves that too and I feel like you'd want max speed considering Kyurem's 95 base speed is an extremely crowded speed tier. I do see the merit of sacrificing speed for more bulk and slightly more power though.
mb idk why i thought it was base 100, yeah u should def go with more speed as u said

Power Herb Kyuren

Kyurem-Black @ Power Herb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Hone Claws
- Ice Beam

Last edited:
Expert Belt

:sm/kyurem-black:

Kyurem-Black @ Expert Belt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Bolt Strike
- Hidden Power Fire / Outrage

Tired of those matches where you're just missing out on that extra bit of coverage to 6-0? Tired of getting worn down by LO recoil? EBelt helps this matchup by removing recoil but allowing you to use KB's excellent coverage to a similar effect. Outrage is a potential option over Hidden Power Fire incase Chansey ends up being difficult to break.
Kyurem-B can't learn Bolt Stirke, it can learn Fusion Bolt however.

PsyducksChili

Banned deucer.
Power Herb Kyuren

Kyurem-Black @ Power Herb
Naive Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Hone Claws
- Ice Beam
isn’t this completely and utterly outclasses by z move kyurem? srsly, it’s like running power herb + fly lando t lol

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Hasty Nature
- Blizzard
- Hail
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage

Mixed Kyurem-B with Z-Hail for the +1 Speed Boost. Kyurem-B usually has limited effectiveness against Offensive teams because of its comparatively low speed. Z-Hail allows Kyurem to bypass this, and act as an effective late-game sweeper and cleaner. Alternatively a crutch Z-Blizzard could net the kill against unsuspecting physically defensive foes.

Blizzard has 100% accuracy in Hail, and grabs some key KOs and 2HKOs against the Physically Defensive Bird Types like Zapdos / Skarm, especially with consideration of Hail damage.

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion
:sm/kyurem-black:

Ok guys, I'm back again! Forgive me my laziness please:psysad:. Anyway, let's start the voting phase! There are 13 nominations so far:
Dragonium Z by Sagisolar
Substitute + Hone Claws by Ruft
Facade + Hone Claws by Solaros & Lunaris
Electrium Z by Ceros
Choice Scarf by JTD783
Assault Vest by Slave Of Passion
Expert Belt by Chazm
Physical Z-Hail by PsyducksChili
Choice Band by Katy
SubRoost by ReadTheMango
Dragon Tail by nameless90
Choice Specs by Veez
Mixed Z-Hail by Cookees

Ronneberg your submission is very similar to ReadTheMango's one: you both have SubRoost sets but with very minor tweaks; given that you, Ronneberg, posted your nomination later, I haven't included it in the voting list due to my suspicions on plagiarism. This doesn't mean that I reject submissions with minor deviations in like 1-2 moves. However, it isn't the case with you: you just went for the nearly same combination of moves as at ReadTheMango's set (Ice Beam doesn't differ from Icy Wind enough) and removed one slash. Shakur your submission wasn't included because you haven't provided a description to your set. The deadline is Saturday 26th of October.​

The facade set is cool, gets my vote.

I'm too late but I would've put a sub + lefties set, forgoing roost for a 3rd attack.
You really don't need roost as kyub should be attacking most of the time, and you get your sub health back every 2 turns anyway. It's regular form entirely outclasses kyub for stalling. IMO it's much nicer to set up your sub and pick the right coverage to smack what's in front of you til the sub breaks, then switch out til your next chance to sub.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)