go on, take everything
is a Pre-Contributor
Definitely forgot XD
soon TM
i definitely didnt forget about this
i am a great host!!!
sorry guys i had to use the bathroom

:ss/tyranitar:
The winner is… :chople Berry: / :shuca berry: Berry Lure Stealth Rock by Xenocide88!

:lum berry: Rock Polish by nameless90 - 1
:life orb: / :leftovers: Offensive Dragon Dance by Jonbot - 3
:assault vest: Assault Vest Special Attacking by chaIk - 2
:chesto berry: Curse by Stone Bold - 2
:blunder policy: Blunder Policy by Hatternity - 0
:chople Berry: / :shuca berry: Berry Lure Stealth Rock by Xenocide88 - 5
:leftovers: Defensive Rocks DD by RedDiamond1024 - 0
:chople Berry: Iron Defense by Vengeance417 - 4
:choice specs: Choice Specs by :nerd: - 1
:expert Belt: Whirlpool Lure Trapper by Odd Numbers - 0

Cycle 86

:ss/ninetales-alola:

As you can tell, we really like weather! Ninetales-A is the premier hail and screen setter of the tier, enabling monstrous offensive threats to set up and end games on the spot. This lands it a spot on numerous hyper offense teams as a generally reliable screen setter. Although it has a rather barren movepool, you guys always manage to make things out of these kinds of movepools, so let’s see what you got!

Banned Sets
:light clay: / :icy rock:

Deadline is Saturday, August 27th!

Ninetales-Alola (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Snow Warning
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blizzard
- Moonblast
- Freeze-Dry
- Foul Play

no comment this set is broken

EDIT: Bluecliqse told me to tell you guys foul play hits Blacephalon (90%), Aegislash and Victini, with the former being the main target usually. You can use encore if you want, I found aurora veil to be pretty bad though since you never really click it in practice

Last edited:
Pain Split Ninetales-A

Ninetales-Alola @ Life Orb
Timid / Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Moonblast
- Freeze-Dry
- Pain Split

Ninetales-A normally is not able to get past Steel-types or bulky pokemon not weak to its moves unless they are severely damaged. Pain Split allows this pokemon to circumvent these hard checks/counters while keeping itself alive.
The addition of Life Orb gives ninetales-A the necessary firepower to reach some 2HKOs or to KO weakened threats:
252 SpA Life Orb Ninetales-Alola Freeze-Dry vs. 252 HP / 168+ SpD Rotom-Wash: 159-190 (52.3 - 62.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Ninetales-Alola Freeze-Dry vs. 252 HP / 248+ SpD Hippowdon: 195-229 (46.4 - 54.5%) -- 52% chance to 2HKO after hail damage and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Ninetales-Alola Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tyranitar: 213-252 (52.7 - 62.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Ninetales-Alola Freeze-Dry vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 359-426 (84.2 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

Last edited:
Ninetales-Alola @ Choice Specs
Timid / Modest Nature
- Blizzard / Weather Ball
- Moonblast
- Freeze-Dry
- Dark Pulse

Even off of base 81 special attack, STAB Blizzard is still STAB Blizzard. Weather Ball can be used as an alternative if you believe PP may be an issue.

Moonblast is your secondary STAB option, and hits certain Ice resists like Weavile and Urshifu super-effectively. Freeze-Dry is for bulky Water-types that would otherwise wall you, and Dark Pulse is your strongest option against Aegislash, Victini, and Blacephalon, who otherwise avoid the 2HKO from almost everything you have.

Last edited:
Ninetales-Alola @ :never-melt ice: Never-Melt Ice
Ability: Snow Cloak
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Moonblast
- Freeze-Dry
-[Flex, mostly doesn't matter]: Pain Split, Toxic, Encore/Grudge, Icy Wind*

This set aims to act as an offensive wall breaker, and occasional revenge killer due to its nice 109 speed tier. With the damage boost from Never-Melt Ice and lack of boots, you can bluff Choice Specs fairly easily, allowing you to hit with your decent coverage options on the follow up.

In the fourth slot you have a number of options. Because of the lacks of Specs/Life Orb, and the mediocre 81 Special Attack, on a set like this I feel like your last slot is best used by rounding out the utility that you need. Pain Split gives the set a bit of longevity that it otherwise lacks, and allows you to bluff Specs while racking up Rock damage every time you come in, only to Pain Split down a high HP special sponge on incoming. Toxic speaks for itself, but ironically because of the nature of your first three coverage attacks, really only helps with Volcarona and Victini. The two options in Encore and Grudge serve similar roles in using your A-Tails to sacrifice itself for tempo. Encore will help a mon that can come in on A-Tails checks to set up, while Grudge can clear the way potentially for other Ice/Fairy comps. Icy Wind would be the only attack options I'd run in this slot since it still deals respectable chip, and can act as speed control. Just don't run Hypnosis, that move is awful. Regardless of what you slot fourth, you will be best served by clicking your first three buttons vast majority of the time with this set. It doesn't need hazard removal as much as a Specs/Scarf set would, but it still definitely improves its quality of life.

Edit: You know it's a heat week if Suwa shows up to drop a set

Last edited:
Imagine if crit me not sweepers sucked

:Ninetales-Alola: @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Stored Power
- Aurora Veil

Alolan ninetales can outspeed/use its part fairy typing and set up an aurora veil under very few conditions, like a dragapult locked into draco meteor or very weak Pokemon that can’t use knock off or status you, or one shot you, like shuckle and that’s it. You can then use your very limited av turns to spam calm mind and attempt to sweep the opponent with stored power whilst punishing weavile with moonblast.

This set has obvious massive downsides due to the fact that any special tank walls it and it gets crippled by knock off, status, stealth rock, a passing breeze, and more. But if you’re bored/on your alt, you could try this set.

blooclipse

formerly Bluecliqse
:choice specs: Choice Specs by :nerd: -1
I agree

Ninetales-Alola (F) @ Choice Scarf
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Moonblast
- Freeze-Dry
- Foul Play

no comment this set is broken

EDIT: Bluecliqse told me to tell you guys foul play hits Blacephalon (90%), Aegislash and Victini, with the former being the main target usually. You can use encore if you want, I found aurora veil to be pretty bad though since you never really click it in practice
was boutta sub this :blobsad:
yall making me pull out the big guns

RESERVING ASSAULT VEST
:ss/Ninetales-Alola:
Ninetales-Alola @ Assault Vest
EVs: 160 SpA / 96 SpD / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Foul Play
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Moonblast
252 SpA Blacephalon Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 96 SpD Assault Vest Ninetales-Alola: 200-236 (69.6 - 82.2%)
0- Atk Ninetales-Alola Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Blacephalon: 250-296 (101.2 - 119.8%)

real?

Last edited:
I wanted to do rain sweeper A9tales bit apparantly you have to run snow warning so uh
Reserving eject button

:ninetales-alola:
Ninetales-Alola @ Eject Button
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Foul Play / Disable / Encore
- Encore / Disable / Foul Play / Hypnosis / Whatever

So the idea is to set up veil and then either die or get ejected into your veil abusers. There's really not much to it tbf. A9tales is just kinda too weak to do much beyond set up hail/veil in OU

1661248524881.png

Dont take this seriously please, this thing barely even 2HKOs heatran in rain

Last edited:
:SM/ninetales-alola:
Ninetales-Alola @ Expert Belt
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Freeze-Dry
- Blizzard
- Psyshock

Expert belt lets alolatales act as an offensive threat without being locked into a move. Blizzard and moonblast are dual stabs, freeze dry for stab coverage on water types, mainly pex. Psyshock lets alola tales hit stuff like blissey decently hard.

:ss/Ninetales-Alola:
Ninetales-Alola @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Dark Pulse
- Blizzard
- Hypnosis
Set up veil, and go bonkers. It can surprise some mons like Blacephalon, and if the opponent switches out into Heatran or something, you can Hypnosis into a veil abuser. Really just meant to catch some things off guard and pick up some KOs for mons that do well against HO.

Metronome, sub 3 Attacks
1661726262265.png

Ninetales-Alola @ Metronome
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Moonblast
- Freeze-Dry
- Substitute

Metronome allows A-ninetales to beat treats like spdef pex, corv and over pokemon allowing it to be a massive nuisance to any pokemon that isn't a fire type, Sub is nice as it means pex, clef and mons alike cant knock off its item and pex cant break it sub with scald either

252 SpA Metronome Ninetales-Alola Freeze-Dry vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 192-228 (63.1 - 75%) -- not a KO (5th hit)
0 SpA Toxapex Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Ninetales-Alola: 52-63 (18.1 - 21.9%) -- possible 5HKO

SubSplit

:Ninetales-Alola:

Ninetales-Alola @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Moonblast
- Freeze Dry

Idk if it’s good but it looks annoying. It dunks on Volcarona checks like Heatran Blissey and Tyranitar, just sayin.

BT89

go on, take everything
is a Pre-Contributor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)