National Dex [OU] Cure 'em up ft. Mega Audino (Peak 1804 #71)

Cure 'em up ft. Mega Audino

"(Sucka Ass) Hoppa: I ain't got no mothafuckin' friends
That's why I checked yo' ass, you fat mothafucka!"

cure em up.jpeg

The Team

Introduction
This is a team I built a bit into DLC1 and had some sucess into DLC2.
After having enough with Hoopa-U I found a mon that could unironically do decently into Hoopa: Mega Audino.
I then added Garganacl and started to build with mons that appreciate Audino's wishes but aren't too reliant on them.

Proof of peak
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-2014363761
Screenshot_20231218-170149_Chrome.jpg

Team in detail

"You claim to be a breaker but I've checked yo ass"

Learn a lesson (Audino-Mega) @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 SpD
Impish Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Knock Off

Mega Audino provides a role of a wish passer but way bulkier than clefable, which was a price i was willing to pay for no Magic Guard, no Stealth Rock no Teleport. It also is a good knock off user and toxic spreader. The Spdef investment is to to checked mixed Hoopa sets more comfortably but it makes stay in against special attackers with a generally easier time and turns it into a more solid mixed wall. This pokemon is very weak vs steel types who don't get too crippled without their item.

"Tapu Lele and Iron Val are some mark ass bitches"
Ruthless (Aegislash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Close Combat/Shadow ball
- Shadow Ball/Flash Cannon
- Toxic
- King's Shield

This was choosen Tapu Lele check because of it's arguably better typing over other Lele checks and better toxic spreading capabilities since it lures in ground types like Tusk and Lando just as well the competition and makes sweepers think they're free to setup on Aegi switching out/using king's shield (which is a great move for scouting and switching forms freely btw). CC hits pursuit trappers that aren't Mega-Scizor switching in for often 4x super effective damage with a good 316 attack to ensure a ko, Shadow ball is a standard STAB but you can alternatively use flash cannon with some investment for Clef which has a great matchup into the team.

"Lil' Bear, don't fuck around with real G's
Quick to snatch yo' ugly ass off the streets, so fuck peace!"

Don't fuck around (Corviknight) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def (imagine 30 speed iv's and 4 SpD ev's here)
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost

This was the chosen defogger becasuse of Pressure's PP stalling shenanigans and being the the best defensive ursaluna check ever decent matchup). The 30 speed IV's makes it go after other Corv's using U-turn. The max PhysDef allows it to stay more comfortable facing the likes of Ursaluna and Kartana and do the most damage possible with an unboosted Body Press. Pressure is a very useful tool against Gliscor/Lando-T, draining Eq's and SR's PP and hurting it's pivots with rocky helmet assuming they have no Knock Off

"Now you 'bout to feel the wrath of a menace
Bitch, I cure 'em up!"

Wrath of a menace (Garganacl) @ Leftovers
Ability: Purifying Salt
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Salt Cure
- Recover

The main way of making progress. IronPress besides just being a great set allows it to check non Encore Waterpon once it teras. Besides checking Waterpon, Tera Dragon is a great tool in sun and rain matchups, allowing Garg to check just about every member of a rain and 90% of sun teams members (Icium Z Tusk is the 10%). Clef has a great matchup into Garg once it teras, so be careful with it.

"Oh yeah, special attackers?
You better back the fuck up before you get poisoned the fuck up"

Zhem changes (Clodsire) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Earthquake
- Toxic/Stealth Rock
- Recover

The hazard spreader and main special wall of choice, it has great sinergy with Dondozo, covering most setup sweepers with their abilities and stats alone. It's a good spikes user though only having spikes on the whole team is kind of not that good so you could run Stealth Rock over toxic to kinda fix that issue and still have a good amount of toxic spreading. Tera Dark allows it to be safe against psychic types/psychock and stored power users.

"We bust on Physical Sweeps, breakers fucked for life"
Never had dinner (Dondozo) @ Heavy-Duty Boots/Rocky Helmet
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Steel/Fairy/Dragon
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Waterfall/Body Press
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

The main physical wall who just so happens to really appreciate Audino's wishes as an extra means of recovery, sparing the use of rest. Tera steel makes this guy take Mega mawile with basically no worries but you can go with more standart tera types and be honestly fine since mawile is not the common mon ever. Waterfall is there over liquidation because of higher PP but body Press works to actually hit Waterpon, you can run rocky helmet to still damage vs encore sets ig.

Threatlist
glisc.png
Gliscor is able to ignore the main ways of dealing passive damage of this team, your best bet is to use tera dragon garg on default sets and dozo on SD sets.

clef.pngreuni.png
Clefable and especially Reuniclus just destroy this team if played well enough. delay the tera when facing Clefable and use flash cannon on Aegi if you think you need it and work your way into killing Clef with Body Press if Clef ever Teras. Against Reuniclus you pretty much just pray and use tera dark Clod.

Sry totally forgot to add Waterpon to the threatlist, with Encore+SD being the worst Ogerpon you could face.
The best way of eventually killing it is finding your way into poisoning it and trying your best to stave off it's attacks with Tera Dragon Garg/Tera Steel Dozo (incredible gameplan i know).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)