OU Cores in the BW2 Metagame

This core is broken. Mamo is a great lead against basically everything other than custap skarm/forry, and they're both so predictable you can lead with Mag and force the opponent into only getting 1 layer. Essentially it forces the opponent to killing Mamo with a bulky water, which Cube can sub on with impunity. So feel free to let that rotom-w hydro pump away on your mamo, with full knowledge that you're going to get a sub up with the most broken poke in OU.

Mamoswine (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Kyurem-B @ Leftovers
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 212 Atk / 240 Spd
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Substitute
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power / Hidden Power [Fire]

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SAtk / 220 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch

As for set explanation, Icicle Spear is used on Mamo over Endeavor/Crash because it allows you to beat opposing sash leads (namely Breloom and Smeargle) and the newer mixnite lead before they can do anything. Jolly nature is used to outspeed jolly breloom and +speed smeargle. Cube's last move slot is split between Earth Power and HP Fire depending on what your team needs removed. HP Fire is great for those scizor switch ins who think they're going to break your sub with u-turn only to be ohko'd, but Earth Power definitely has merit as a way to deal with Heatran and Jirachi. EVs provide 101 hp substitutes, allow you to outspeed jolly mamo, and the rest is dumped into attack. Magnezone's specs set is the best it can provide in the meta IMO, and it allows you to clean up the bulky water Cube originally set-up on. Timid is used to outspeed most scizor variants.

From this core you can move towards drag mag pretty easily, but there's also potential to build around other threats that like having steels removed. I've had success with this core + scarf + bulky set-up sweeper + breaker.

Hopefully enough people abuse this core that Cube is suspected again. It really has no place in OU.

Not sure why you have earth power over dragon claw with Atk EVs, as you miss out on some 2hkos without dclaw, and you lose to other kyubes. Not to mention you can't touch Mamoswine.

few quick things you miss 2hkos on not running dclaw with this spread:

Rotom-W
BandTar
Reuniclus
Blissey
Gastrodon (can't touch him actually)
Kyu-B
Kyurem
Conkeldurr
Bulky Volc
Ninetales (defensive)
Hyd now 2hko instead of 1hko
Chansey now 3hko
Latias can spam roost and CM up on you.

Earth power without invest is pathetically weak, so I'd put HP fire first if you really need to run it over dclaw. Rotom-W and zong take nearly nothing from SE earth power with no investment.

As for the core, running 3/6 pokes weak to fighting, I'd hope you pack some serious fighting resists, or stuff like conkeldurr is salivating over this core.

Since this core is really offensive, using lum berry over leftovers is better imo, you don't even pack roost so subbing four times is your maximum. Lum berry is useful to switch safely into rotom, using a sub and starting wrecking things

Not sure why you have earth power over dragon claw with Atk EVs, as you miss out on some 2hkos without dclaw, and you lose to other kyubes. Not to mention you can't touch Mamoswine.

few quick things you miss 2hkos on not running dclaw with this spread:

Rotom-W
BandTar
Reuniclus
Blissey
Gastrodon (can't touch him actually)
Kyu-B
Kyurem
Conkeldurr
Bulky Volc
Ninetales (defensive)
Hyd now 2hko instead of 1hko
Chansey now 3hko
Latias can spam roost and CM up on you.

Earth power without invest is pathetically weak, so I'd put HP fire first if you really need to run it over dclaw. Rotom-W and zong take nearly nothing from SE earth power with no investment.

As for the core, running 3/6 pokes weak to fighting, I'd hope you pack some serious fighting resists, or stuff like conkeldurr is salivating over this core.
Well first of all Rotom can't break your sub so it's pretty irrelevant. The pokes you listed (except for gastro/band tar/conk) won't switch into cube unless all the moves are scouted, and by then you've done more than enough damage to the opponent to open a hole for another team member. The most common of those 3 (band tar) is setup bait for so many offensive threats. As for the fighting weakness, mamo's weakness is pretty irrelevant seeing as it's a dedicated lead. On top of that, this core works well with pokes like Latios and Zam which rip through fighting types.

The coverage move lets you lure heatran or scizor/ferro, all of which are many teams' first answer to a cube behind a sub. Use whatever fits your team best.

Since this core is really offensive, using lum berry over leftovers is better imo, you don't even pack roost so subbing four times is your maximum. Lum berry is useful to switch safely into rotom, using a sub and starting wrecking things
That's a terrible idea. You can simply sack Mamo to get cube in, which prevents rotom from volt-turning away and robbing your team of all momentum. Lefties lets cube setup more than 4 subs, and it has insane bulk and staying power which lefties helps.

ElectivireRocks

Banned deucer.
This core is broken. Mamo is a great lead against basically everything other than custap skarm/forry, and they're both so predictable you can lead with Mag and force the opponent into only getting 1 layer. Essentially it forces the opponent to killing Mamo with a bulky water, which Cube can sub on with impunity. So feel free to let that rotom-w hydro pump away on your mamo, with full knowledge that you're going to get a sub up with the most broken poke in OU.

- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Kyurem-B @ Leftovers
- Substitute
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch

As for set explanation, Icicle Spear is used on Mamo over Endeavor/Crash because it allows you to beat opposing sash leads (namely Breloom and Smeargle) and the newer mixnite lead before they can do anything. Jolly nature is used to outspeed jolly breloom and +speed smeargle. Cube's last move slot is split between Earth Power and HP Fire depending on what your team needs removed. HP Fire is great for those scizor switch ins who think they're going to break your sub with u-turn only to be ohko'd, but Earth Power definitely has merit as a way to deal with Heatran and Jirachi. EVs provide 101 hp substitutes, allow you to outspeed jolly mamo, and the rest is dumped into attack. Magnezone's specs set is the best it can provide in the meta IMO, and it allows you to clean up the bulky water Cube originally set-up on. Timid is used to outspeed most scizor variants.

From this core you can move towards drag mag pretty easily, but there's also potential to build around other threats that like having steels removed. I've had success with this core + scarf + bulky set-up sweeper + breaker.

Hopefully enough people abuse this core that Cube is suspected again. It really has no place in OU.
What makes this core so effective now is the recent ban of Landorus-I, who was infamous for giving DragMag teams a hard time. However with Lando gone now the only thing that is stopping this core from utterly breaking the OU metagame in half is Keldeo, who has a good chance to be banned next.
Slap another dragon, some kind of pivot (such as Jellicent to deal with Keldeo) and a filler in it and you've got an incredibly effective DragMag team in your hands.

Patolegend!

Fan of 1000 Arrow 'Slash
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Kyurem-B @ Leftovers
- Substitute
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch

Can I ask what Cube's EV's are for? I would have expected more SpAtk as you're running two special moves and 1 physical (which hits skarm SE), and even uninvested Cube's Attack is huge.

I on the other hand see an offensive hail team come out of this. Kyurem-B can use Blizzard over Ice Beam, while Mamoswine can lead against sun teams. Abomasnow provides hail and a Politoed check with Wood Hammer, while Magnezone traps Steels to make BlizzSpam easier. Next I would add offensive Gastrodon as a secondary BlizzSpammer and rain check. A couple other ideas for the last slot:

Tentacruel- can spin and set Toxic Spikes
Chandelure- spinblocker, Fighting-move blocker, wallbreaker
Lanturn- cleric, provides status and momentum (use Heal Bell/Blizzard/Volt Switch and Thunder Wave or Scald)

@ Choice Scarf
Moxie
Adament/Naive/Jolly/Whatever
252Att 4Spa 252Spe
~Outrage
~Dragon Claw
~Fire Blast
~Eq

@Choice Band/Life Orb
Adament
252Att 252Spe 4Hp
Sand Rush
~Return
~Wild Charge
~Super Power
~Pursuit

@Focus sash
Timid
252Spa 252Spe 4Hp
Magic Guard
~Psychic
~Focus Blast
~Shadow Ball
~Encore/Hp Fire/Thunder Wave

This core is for those who want strong insurance against being swept, while still keeping up an offensive presence. Tyranitar is manditory to active Stoutland's Sand Rush, but i just didnt feel like including him. Salamence's speed issue is made up for in this core, and your last 2 slots can be dedicated to helping him sweep. This Core also lacks a dedicated wallbreaker, so one of those is welcome. All mons in the core are weak to steel types, but an overload strategy (or Magnezne) is entirely possible. I strongly perfer Encore on Alakazam to protect against Sub Gliscor and Torment Tran and such (not that they're common).

Last edited:
Terrakion @ Rock Gem
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Dragonite (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
EVs: 148 HP / 252 SAtk / 108 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This core lets Dragonite And Terrakion hit hard as Magnezone trap steel types Causing Only a few two Come in "safely" Dragonite rips a hole in Landorus-T and or Gliscor so that Terrakion can clean up.

Snou

the grand master of all the things bad!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion

Slowking (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 216 HP / 32 Def / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock

Tangrowth (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Def / 12 SAtk / 8 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Stun Spore
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SDef / 16 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Protect
- Lava Plume

Nice defensive core. It is a classic but wonderful grass - fire - water core!

SnowCristal, why don't you provide more explanation on how each component of the core works so we aren't left guessing. Also, MixMence destroys this core as it commonly runs Fire Blast and Earthquake, so I would strongly recommend running Mamoswine or something like that with these Pokemon.

MY OU WEATHERLESS CORE:

HEATRAN: FIRE BLAST, EARTH POWER, WILL-O-WISP, STEALTH ROCKS (YES THIS SET IS VERY GIMMICKY IT HAS WILL O WISP TO CATCH PHYSICAL THREATS OFFGUARD.

GYARADOS: WATERFALL, D-DANCE, ICE FANG, EQUAKE BULKY D DANCE SET WORKS VERY WELL WITH HEATRAN

REUNICLUS: PSYCHIC, RECOVER, CALM MIND, SHADOW BALL MAX HP MAX SPA VERY BULKY WORKS WELL WITH HEATRAN AND GYARADOS

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Slowking (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 216 HP / 32 Def / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock

Tangrowth (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Def / 12 SAtk / 8 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Stun Spore
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SDef / 16 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Protect
- Lava Plume

Nice defensive core. It is a classic but wonderful grass - fire - water core!
Although I generally like the core, I feel it's very weak to Scizor, mainly the Acrobatics set (I can see just the standard SD set plowing through this though.

I find this to be very hard to take down:

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 232 Def / 252 HP / 24 Spd
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Roost
- Brave Bird/Whirlwind

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Recover

Skarmory 4x resists grass and gastro resist fire and is immune 2 electric
. skarmory can tank pretty much any physical hit and gastro does very well for itself, and stops rain teams cold

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Roost
- Brave Bird/Whirlwind

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Recover

. skarmory can tank pretty much any physical hit and gastro does very well for itself, and stops rain teams cold
I generally see this core being extremely weak to Sun teams with Grass + Fire coverage. Maybe adding a Dragon type or Heatran could help solve this issue.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Roost
- Brave Bird/Whirlwind

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Recover

I would recommend some kind of Latias as a third partner, since otherwise you are beaten by Thundurus-T, NP Celebi, Venusaur, etc.

This core is pretty well known with all the focus on Keldeo at the moment, but it is a very effective offensive core that served me well on the ladder

Keldeo @ Expert Belt
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Bug]

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Analytic
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Thunderbolt/Thunder
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SAtk / 136 Spd
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power

Everyone knows how Starmie and Keldeo break down each other's checks. I prefer ebelt on Keldeo, but specs has worked well too, especially under rain. These two are excellent at breaking through offensive teams. Now, common defensive switch-ins to Keldeo and Starmie are: Celebi, Jellicent, Rotom-W, Amoonguss, Tentacruel and to an extent, Politoed. This Kyu-B set is specifically designed to set up a sub on all of these pokemon and take them out, or hit the switch in hard. The EVs prevent SDef Rotom-W from breaking the sub outside of rain. Starmie provides rapid spin support to Kyu-B which is also very important. I'm sure there are "better" EV spreads and moveset for Kyu-B, but in regard to doing the job I just outlined, this set-up works for me. I'm open to suggestions though.

Problems for the core:
- Jirachi. Specially defensive variants can stall out Keldeo's Hpump and Starmie's Surf outside of rain, and Kyu-b's Earth Power is only a 3HKO. It can't switch into Keldeo or Starmie though.
- Ferrothorn. If it has gyro ball, Kyu-B can't set up on it, and Starmie practically attracts it. It lays down hazards which Kyu-b and Keldeo don't like.
These two are the main ones, there are plenty of others like sash-zam and agility thundurus-t that can pose a threat too.

TL;DR - Use Starmie and Keldeo to break through offense, use Kyu-B to break balance/stall.

Here's my favorite core, not the best, since it's a bit Starmie/Reuniclus/Conkeldurr weak, but if you know what you're doing it works quite well:

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spe
Dark Pulse
Focus Blast/Earth Power
Fire Blast
Roost/Substitute

Dark Pulse over Dragon Pulse to cover the aforementioned Reuniclus and Starmie. You have to pray for the flinch on Reuniclus, or make sure he's already wounded. Ice Beam will not OHKO Hydreigon w/out SR from Starmie, or you can predict and get him on the switch. He covers a lot of Gengar's weaknesses, and with Timid Nature he's also quite fast.

Metagross @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
56 HP / 252 Atk. / 202 Spe
Meteor Mash
Pursuit
Hammer Arm
Trick / Zen Headbutt / Bullet Punch / Ice Punch

Probably one of the best counters to Latios, and necessary for this core because Latios threatens the other two members. Scizor can be said to be a better Pursuit-trapper, but I like Metagross better because he can come in on a Specs Draco Meteor, take it, and Latios is toast; whereas with Scizor, you may not have so much luck. The HP EVs are for this purpose, but usually I give him 122 HP EVs to make him as bulky as possible without middling Speed (136 Speed doesn't amount to much, hence my edit here).

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
252 Special Atk. / 252 Spe
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast / Energy Ball / Thunderbolt
Disable
Substitute

Sub/Disable Gengar is perhaps one of the most dangerous late-game cleaners in the metagame, and a premier Spinblocker. Moreover, he fits into this core really well, and covers the weaknesses of the other two members of the core. Obviously, you give it your choice of a coverage move depending on the rest of your team, and go from there. Gengar has become one of my favorite OU Pokemon, because with 100% accurate Disable, he's able to fulfill multiple roles. If your opponent has only one move to hit Gengar with, he's in trouble.

Defensive or offensive?

Both. That's the beauty of this core, but it leans more toward the offensive, as we have three powerful heavy hitters, and lackluster defenses, except for Metagross. I would use this core on any offensive or defensive team, but it really is better in a faster-paced team. The major threats are all listed above, but I'll give a lengthier description below:

Reuniclus:
With Focus Blast and Psyshock, no one on this core can safely switch in on him except for Metagross, who can pound away with Choice Banded Meteor Mashes or cripple him with Pursuit.
Conkeldurr: The best way to counter him is with Gengar, but you have to watch out for ones with Payback and Ice Punch. In that event, your best bet is to bring in Metagross and OHKO it with banded Zen Headbutt. I gave it that move exactly for that purpose (it will after entry hazards, I've done it before).
Latios: Not a significant threat thanks to Metagross, but you have to make sure you can take a Draco Meteor. If you're lucky, Gengar will be in and you can switch in to a Psyshock. Life Orb variants with Surf can be a pain, so you will need someone else to take care of that.
Starmie: Starmie is really a threat to any team or core except for a very select few, this one not one of them. As I said, after entry hazards, LO Dark Pulse or Shadow Ball will take care of him on the switch. Other than that, bring a Pokemon who can take care of him.

Choice Specs Latios Hidden Power Fire vs. 56 HP / 0 SpD Metagross: 250-296 (79.36 - 93.96%) -- 6.25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Surf vs. 56 HP / 0 SpD Metagross: 170-200 (53.96 - 63.49%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Counter ?

|
|
|
|
|
Kingdra (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SAtk / 228 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Rain Dance
- Signal Beam
- Hydro Pump

Hippowdon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Earthquake

Stoutland (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 164 Spd
- Pursuit / Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Frustration
- Ice Fang

Keldeo (Keldeo-R) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Rain Dance
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I can not express my love enough for this core it is simply amazing when it comes to destroying opposing weather teams as the ability to turn the tables with this essentially dual weather teams which is amazing when weater is dominant in today's metagame. The core itself should be used with a defensive backbone to help ware down the opponents weather team, I found that special defensive skarmory and specially defensive amoonguss specifically were very useful for spike stacking and status spreading. The actual sweep itself should be stoutland or kindgra with hippowdown and keldeo being supporters for the two, stoutland also doubles as a latios pursuit trapper or latias if its offensive as the removal of those two is greatly beneficial for keldeo to do its job better of punching holes into the opponent's team as it greatly aids kingdra and stoutland respectively. Now there are a few things that are going to look weird to you the first being wild charge on stoutland but as you notice this core hates and I mean absolutely hates defensive jellicent and wild charge is a nice way to get some chip damage on it. The other things will appear on kingdra with the first being lum berry this is for lead breloom as when they see your hippowdown they will lead with sashpunch loom and lum berry allows you to nuke it with a draco meteor and then kill it with a second draco or switch into hippowdown predicting mach punch to kill it with sand. The next this that is weird is that I run signal beam this is so that not only will keldeo aid kingdra but vice-versa as kingdra can now deal massive damage to celebi which can aid keldeo. The evs on kingdra are enough to outspeed breloom outside of rain and scarf latios inside of rain. The evs on stoutland are enough for scarf terrakion hence jolly which is weak but the speed is crucial at times.

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
|
|
|
|
|
Kingdra (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SAtk / 228 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Rain Dance
- Signal Beam
- Hydro Pump

Hippowdon (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Earthquake

Stoutland (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 164 Spd
- Pursuit / Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Frustration
- Ice Fang

Keldeo (Keldeo-R) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Rain Dance
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I generally see this core being very weak to Sun teams with Venusaur. Nothing wants to take a +2 Giga Drain, and the only way you hit it is through Stoutland once Sand is up. Also, it seems something like Jellicent could annoy this core a lot. How do you deal with Venusaur & Jellicent? Also, I never really liked the idea of a 4-Pokemon core, it's more of a team than anything. 2-3 Pokemon imo is a core, but thank you for sharing!

Last edited:
Scizor @ Flying Gem
Trait: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Acrobatics
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Ghost]

Really it's not a core since coverage is not complete, but this basically tries to ensure a Keldeo sweep. Acro SD scizor is pretty much for spdef Jellicent (and to a lesser extent tentacruel) exclusively, but can dent the opposing team enough for Keldeo to spam moves without prediction. Tyranitar takes care of the Lati@s twins and starmie (don't switch in, ever). Few more speed EVs on Ttar just for 108 speed or less Jellicents and all that other speed creeping jazz. Sand from Ttar also lets Keldeo clean 2hko Croak with secret sword.

This part of the team shouldn't ever be changed around much, while the other 3 pokes can be slotted to fit your tastes and cover what you are missing.

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
Scizor @ Flying Gem
Trait: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Acrobatics
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Ghost]

Really it's not a core since coverage is not complete, but this basically tries to ensure a Keldeo sweep. Acro SD scizor is pretty much for spdef Jellicent (and to a lesser extent tentacruel) exclusively, but can dent the opposing team enough for Keldeo to spam moves without prediction. Tyranitar takes care of the Lati@s twins and starmie (don't switch in, ever). Few more speed EVs on Ttar just for 108 speed or less Jellicents and all that other speed creeping jazz. Sand from Ttar also lets Keldeo clean 2hko Croak with secret sword.

This part of the team shouldn't ever be changed around much, while the other 3 pokes can be slotted to fit your tastes and cover what you are missing.
I've personally had a lot of success with a very similar core with the same idea behind it. Mine however was SD Acro Scizor / Scarf Keldeo / Banded Tyranitar. Scarf Keldeo doesn't really need to fire power that Specs provides once Jellicent, Latias, and Celebi have been eliminated, and allows Keldeo to clean up offensive teams late game (unlike Specs, which imo is more of a Wall breaker). Fantastic core right here, it's devastating how well it works. I've also recently been testing Politoed in the place over Tyranitar, and I've had pretty decent success with that as well. Thanks for posting.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]/Surf
- Roost

Thundurus (Thundurus-Therian) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 176 SAtk / 80 Spd
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Superpower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Latias has always hated being Pursuit bait from Tyranitar, walled to hell by Heatran. The two function as parallel sweepers, who can often times lure in each other's counters. The EV Spread on Thundurus allows it to outspeed Adamant Lucario(the only thing I feel is worth outspeeding), and gain nice 2HKOs on Blissey and SpDef Tran, after Stealth Rock damage. U-Turn allows it to leave Celebi OHKO'd, much like Landorus-I was. Keldeo might be a decent teammate, if you need a more reliable win condition vs Rain(although Croak can be an issue).

The Latias doesn't even have to be offensive. Sub CM varients can also appreciate Tyranitar, Heatran, and Blissey gone, also allowing it to be more of a threat to Sun teams. Thundurus-T can also be a bulkier, or faster mixed attacker, if you choose to modify its EVs(263 outspeeds Jolly Breloom, or speed creeping Sub 3 Attacks Kyurem-B). While definitely not one of the best cores listed, I believe it can be used to some degree of success.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)