Tournament Other Metagames Premier League IV - Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks to Arhops for the banner!

How this works
Each team will have have 6 players to fill the 6 slots and at least 2 subs. The players are bought using the 80 credits that managers receive during the auction. The roster this season include: Almost Any Ability, Anything Goes, Balanced Hackmons, Monotype, STABmons and Tier Shift. Teams can win their matchup every week by winning 4 of the 6 matches that their players have to play.

Beating another team gives you 2 points, drawing the match gives you 1 point, and losing it gives you nothing. In addition, the manner in which you win will also be stored; that is, how many you won vs how many you lost. The two teams with the highest points at the end of week 5 will play in the finals.
Tie Breaker
In case of a tie at the end of week 5, a best of 3 game will be played between the teams that are tied. The 3 OMs played will include Anything Goes* and a unique OM other than AG picked by the manager of each team. If there are more than 2 teams tied, the win/loss difference will be used to identify the two teams that will play the tiebreaker to get the second slot in finals.
* Anything Goes was chosen as a default in tiebreakers because it has the most ladder activity. (Anything Goes= 646417, Monotype= 251045, Balanced Hackmons= 80147)

Deadline + How matches should be done
All players must complete their matches by 1 AM UTC, 28th June. Any matches that are not done by then will be decided via !pick publicly in the OM Room. All matches should ideally be done on your PS main account* to avoid confusion and the replay must be saved and posted in this thread. The replays will be archived in the OMPL General Thread. You should contact your opponent to set times using VMs on their profile so I can check for activity wins.

*The main account is the one you signed up with in the signup thread.

Substitutions
If Managers wish to substitute a player, they must make a post here tagging both the player you're subbing in and the player you're subbing out, both managers from the opposing team, the substitute's opponent and lastly, me.

Tagging all managers to notify them: baconbagon, Beta., Dream Eater Gengar, Eevee General, nv, Peef Rimgar, Pikachuun, Ransei, scpinion, The Immortal, Uselesscrab, Zangooser

Macthups

The King Kois VS The Legendary Pikachus

[2-4]
Almost Any Ability: rozes VS LaxLapras
Anything Goes: Megazard VS DonnotheFirst (sub)
Balanced Hackmons: apateonas VS Lcass4919
Monotype: Arifeen VS terrors
STABmons: White Lion18 VS Official Fissure
Tier Shift: Pearl VS Dr. Phd. BJ

The Majestic Mantykes VS The Beta Bagons

[4-2]
Almost Any Ability: Sabella VS Mambo
Anything Goes: -Tsunami- VS Peli
Balanced Hackmons: nyan kat VS MAMP
Monotype: rnbs VS Entei. (sub)
STABmons: all falls down VS Joshz
Tier Shift: Lax VS Omfuga

The Bedroom Blisseys VS The Five-Bidoof Fighting Battalion

[4-2]
Almost Any Ability: aesf VS Jordn
Anything Goes: Gunner Rohan VS Transcendent God Champion
Balanced Hackmons: morogrim (sub) VS Kl4ng
Monotype: Paleo VS Wanka
STABmons: Confide VS ihhca (sub)
Tier Shift: Akashi VS Knight of Cydonia

Last edited by a moderator:

all falls down

thanks ugly god
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
[20:22:29] all falls down ★: when do u want to play
[20:22:33] #Josh: for what
[20:22:35] all falls down ★: ompl
[20:23:13] #Josh: day before deadline probs

contacted. hate playing johns

also Kiyo meet u in playoffs ill play monotype then.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
The King Kois (2) VS The Legendary Pikachus (4)

Almost Any Ability: rozes VS LaxLapras -- rozes is aaa open champ and this tier doesn't have moody
Anything Goes: Megazard VS thelinearcurve -- curve is the goat
Balanced Hackmons: apateonas VS Lcass4919 -- sounds like a great match, lcass is a strong player tho (and i haven't seen apa play in a while). could go either way
Monotype: Arifeen VS terrors -- arifeen has more badges
STABmons: White Lion18 VS Official Fissure -- wl18 will probs use an EG team and hax, but still lose
Tier Shift: Pearl VS Dr. Phd. BJ -- bj is good at ts

The Majestic Mantykes (0) VS The Beta Bagons (6)

Monotype: rnbs VS Kiyo

MY TEAM CAN NOT LOSE WE ARE THE BEST

serious predicts ig sigh:

The Majestic Mantykes (1) VS The Beta Bagons (3)

Almost Any Ability: Sabella VS Mambo -- tour player v mono player i think mambo can pull out the w
Anything Goes: -Tsunami- VS Peli -- honestly don't know
Balanced Hackmons: nyan kat VS MAMP -- HYPE MATCH two great players, gotta root for my boy mamp tho he's basically a master at this game
Monotype: rnbs VS Kiyo -- unfortunately rnbs is good at mono
STABmons: all falls down VS Joshz -- memes
Tier Shift: Lax VS Omfuga -- honestly don't know

The Bedroom Blisseys (4) VS The Five-Bidoof Fighting Battalion (2)

Almost Any Ability: aesf VS Jordn -- good match, but i think aesf can pull out the win, he's p good at aaa and he's been practicing since he un-deded
Anything Goes: Gunner Rohan VS Transcendent God Champion -- oh man another great matchup, gut says gunner tho
Balanced Hackmons: E4 Flint VS Kl4ng -- HELP WHAT IS THIS GAME MAN THIS MATCH IS GONNA BE LIT offense>stall
Monotype: Paleo VS Wanka -- from what i've seen both are solid players, but apparently paleo is lord, good match tbh
STABmons: Scyther NO Swiping VS ellipse -- ellipse is a GOD at this game
Tier Shift: Akashi VS Knight of Cydonia -- honestly unless KoC is rusty i think he can pull out the win. i haven't seen him since last ompl but hey he was dead before that one too and had an amazing record :^)

tldr pretty much every match is awesome we got some really fun times ahead, looking forward to some great games!

Betathunder

alphalightning
The Majestic Mantykes VS The Beta Bagons
Monotype: rnbs VS Kiyo

The Bedroom Blisseys VS The Five-Bidoof Fighting Battalion

Almost Any Ability: aesf VS Jordn
Anything Goes: Gunner Rohan VS Transcendent God Champion
Balanced Hackmons: E4 Flint VS Kl4ng
Monotype: Paleo VS Wanka
STABmons: Scyther NO Swiping VS ellipse
Tier Shift: Akashi VS Knight of Cydonia

passion

heavenly :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
it would be great if ps could make an official rule against naughty nicknames. one of my children and i (my 3rd youngest) were getting ready to watch an ompl game of one of our personal favorite tiers balanced hackmons. i left for a few minutes to make some popcorn so we could enjoy a game and when i came back i was disturbed to see my 3rd youngest child on google images searching through the results of "massive cock." i was stunned i couldn't believe my 4 year old girl knew of such vocabulary. they immediately started questioning what a "massive cock" is and what it is for. i eventually got her to move on but i couldn't let her continue watching the game with this sort of vocabulary being allowed. i thought ps had a rule against sexual content which could plague the mind of children that enjoy hanging around the servers, but between this incident and the fleshlight cloyster from the pokemon showdown april fools day sprites i am questioning whether or not pokemonshowdown is safe for my children. as you can see within the game i make multiple complaints about this issue but nobody takes me seriously. one of my children has become forever unpurified because of these nicknames, this is a serious issue. i beg of somebody to make an official rule regarding this problem. furthermore i would like an official apology from the player behind these distasteful nicknames. thank you.

Please post the replay when confirming the win :(

No harm done this time because I was able to find mambo v sabella as they did the match on smogtours on their main accounts and iirc smogtours autosaves replays.

MAMP

MAMP!
it would be great if ps could make an official rule against naughty nicknames. one of my children and i (my 3rd youngest) were getting ready to watch an ompl game of one of our personal favorite tiers balanced hackmons. i left for a few minutes to make some popcorn so we could enjoy a game and when i came back i was disturbed to see my 3rd youngest child on google images searching through the results of "massive cock." i was stunned i couldn't believe my 4 year old girl knew of such vocabulary. they immediately started questioning what a "massive cock" is and what it is for. i eventually got her to move on but i couldn't let her continue watching the game with this sort of vocabulary being allowed. i thought ps had a rule against sexual content which could plague the mind of children that enjoy hanging around the servers, but between this incident and the fleshlight cloyster from the pokemon showdown april fools day sprites i am questioning whether or not pokemonshowdown is safe for my children. as you can see within the game i make multiple complaints about this issue but nobody takes me seriously. one of my children has become forever unpurified because of these nicknames, this is a serious issue. i beg of somebody to make an official rule regarding this problem. furthermore i would like an official apology from the player behind these distasteful nicknames. thank you.
Dear passion,

Allow me to offer my sincerest apologies for any mental damage I may have caused to you or your children. It was never my intention to offend or upset anyone with these nicknames, and it causes me great distress to know that I have harmed a poor, innocent child with my distasteful choice in nicknames. After much thought and consideration I have come to realise that the nicknames I used were offensive and highly unsavory, and I am resolved to never commit such an appalling misdeed again.

I have edited the nicknames on the team to be more family friendly, as you can see in the screenshot below - I hope you will find this suitable. I sincerely hope that no more incidents of this nature will occur in the future.

Yours truly,
#MAMPTHECHAMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)