Tournament Other Metagames Premier League IV - Signups Closed [Auction date in post #161]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon Showdown nick: Miltank
Preferred OMs: STABmons
Timezone: GMT -5
Foreseen inactivity: Im in the UK for the next two weeks but I'll have a computer and can play

Betathunder

alphalightning
Pokemon Showdown nick: Betathunder
Preferred OMs: mono, aaa, bh, ag, ts, stabmons (just give teams :))
Timezone: GMT -5 / GMT - 10
Foreseen inactivity: I'm in Hawaii for the last 2 days of June and the first 2 weeks of July, and then I'll be working most of the day for the latter half of July through August :s

e: probably best as sub tbh

Last edited:
Hello, aspiring OMPL IV players. I know you all might have some questions for me, like "Why are there only five Bidoofs? Don't you need six Pokemon on a team?" or "Why not a regiment, or a company?" or perhaps most importantly, "UC, how did you manage to pick a name even more obscure and ridiculous than 'Zygomorphic Zygardes?'" In fact, there is a great deal of history, I tell you, behind this seemingly bizarre name.

Late 2014 was by all accounts a dark time for the Balanced Hackmons community. The reintroduction of the 510-EV limit had caused much grief to many of the metagame's top players of the time. But little did they know that there was a beacon of hope on the horizon: an unheralded, previously unknown user named Caks had suddenly appeared on the OM scene, proudly utilizing a squad centered around a quintet of Bidoofs in a metagame filled with Primal this and Mega that.

Though our hero initially suffered crushing defeats against such BH luminaries as the great "soihfoad," the squadron continued to persevere, adapting to metagame trends, adding to its numbers new brave fighters including a fiery household appliance, a magical carp, and the like. It was after these essential changes that the Caks team had its greatest victory over an insignificant and unknown player who shall remain nameless.

And riding the momentum from this brilliant victory, our hero took advantage of this newfound fame became a prominent figure in the community, except you now all know Caks under a different, more famous name: Zangooser.

This OMPL, we plan to embody the same spirit of bravery and adaptability that was shown by those cream-colored rodents in a hopeless time. We will not allow any supposed "legendary" or "king" or "majestic" or "bedroom" or "S.S. Anne" (what does that ship even have to do with Serperior, btw?) team to stand in the way of our army; after all, Caks didn't.

We are the Five-Bidoof Fighting Battalion.*

*you can just call us the bidoofs if you want though

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Pokemon showdown nick: Eutychios
Preferred OMs: AG, STABmons, Monotype( im learning it)
Timezone: GMT+2
Foreseen inactivity: no

Pokemon Showdown nick: enemyjurist
Preferred OMs: Monotype, Tier Shift
Timezone: GMT -5
Foreseen inactivity: going on vacation for a week on thursday, not much after that (except a job in July, but I can work around that)

monotype is cool and extreme tier shift is also cool

Fissure

Cotton Candy Thighs
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Pokemon Showdown nick: Official Fissure
Preferred OMs: STABmons, Tier Shift, AAA
Timezone: GMT -4
Foreseen inactivity: June 2-5

Reactions: nv
Hello, aspiring OMPL IV players. I know you all might have some questions for me, like "Why are there only five Bidoofs? Don't you need six Pokemon on a team?" or "Why not a regiment, or a company?" or perhaps most importantly, "UC, how did you manage to pick a name even more obscure and ridiculous than 'Zygomorphic Zygardes?'" In fact, there is a great deal of history, I tell you, behind this seemingly bizarre name.

Late 2014 was by all accounts a dark time for the Balanced Hackmons community. The reintroduction of the 510-EV limit had caused much grief to many of the metagame's top players of the time. But little did they know that there was a beacon of hope on the horizon: an unheralded, previously unknown user named Caks had suddenly appeared on the OM scene, proudly utilizing a squad centered around a quintet of Bidoofs in a metagame filled with Primal this and Mega that.

Though our hero initially suffered crushing defeats against such BH luminaries as the great "soihfoad," the squadron continued to persevere, adapting to metagame trends, adding to its numbers new brave fighters including a fiery household appliance, a magical carp, and the like. It was after these essential changes that the Caks team had its greatest victory over an insignificant and unknown player who shall remain nameless.

And riding the momentum from this brilliant victory, our hero took advantage of this newfound fame became a prominent figure in the community, except you now all know Caks under a different, more famous name: Zangooser.

This OMPL, we plan to embody the same spirit of bravery and adaptability that was shown by those cream-colored rodents in a hopeless time. We will not allow any supposed "legendary" or "king" or "majestic" or "bedroom" or "S.S. Anne" (what does that ship even have to do with Serperior, btw?) team to stand in the way of our army; after all, Caks didn't.

We are the Five-Bidoof Fighting Battalion.*

*you can just call us the bidoofs if you want though
It's still a bad name despite how much bad backstory you give it

Natan

is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Pokemon Showdown nick: Justrandomnick
Preferred OMs: AAA, STABmons, Monotype, 1v1
Timezone: -3
Foreseen inactivity: Not

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Pokemon Showdown nick: Clone
Preferred OMs: AAA, STABmons
Timezone: EST
Foreseen inactivity: I have work but I can play at night.

I play best when I have someone to build with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)