1671898839572.png

Base Stats: 75/70/70/98/70/93

Ability: Dancer

Typings:
Baile: (just oricorio in showdown) Fire/Flying
Pau'u: psychic/flying
Sensu: Ghost Flying
Pom-Pom: Electric/flying

Relevant Moves: Air Slash Defog Icy Wind Revelation Dance Roost Swords Dance Taunt Tailwind U-turn

Pros:
-Fantastic Doubles Partner when paired with Volcorona for a specially offensive Oricorio or a more offensive Quaquaval partner
-Common Resistance to fighting
-Copies dance moves so an ally could set both of them up while she tailwind/protects or can attack and protect or double attack
-Signature move is more powerful than terra blast and will always be your stab primary typing

Cons:
-Shallow Movepool
-Very Threatened by rock type attacks with few answers for it
-Most often requires heavy duty boots as rocks can heavily threaten it

Terra Types:
As their are four types I'll be offering a few ideas for terra types but you could really play with any thanks to revelation dance

-Sensu: I often build fighting type simply because it puts more pressure on originally immune normal types, all too common dark types, and defensive terra steel types.
-Pau'u: I find building a defensive life orb is quite a threat, however if you choose to terra make sure to do it before hazards come out and suddenly ground and fighting types are now a threat. Alternatively I also like going terra water and a more offensive Oricorio which pairs well with a Quaquaval.
-Pom-Pom: Pom-Pom is definitely a contender for best Oricorio form I like building pure electric for the boost to revelation dance. I also find building against a rock type, so ground type is a strong hybrid of defense and offense
-Baile: I find Baile form to be the most interesting form due to its 4x rock weakness it's tempting to build defensively but I find a hyper offensive fire terra not only boosts Oricorio's revelation dances but also the any fiery dances coming from Volcorona

Sets:
Oricorio-Sensu @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Dancer
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Revelation Dance
- U-turn
- Roost
- Protect
U-turn can also be replaced with air slash it's really what you think is best for your build

Team Building Ideas:
Oricorio is built around allies, so I recommend for specially offensive builds a fiery dance quiver dancer Volcorona, for those wanting to surprise enemies with a more offensive build using Quaquaval aqua step swords dance is also very powerful

Last remarks:
Oricorio is a fun Pokemon with interesting team combinations, although not a meta Pokemon it can cause a lot of problems for people unaware of its ability. I'd also like to thank Mossy Sandwich because I used their Altaria post to format this one! I'd also appreciate feedback as this is my first time posting

In terms of the Fire and Psychic versions they are mostly outclassed. The only reason to use them is Quiver Dance and even then they face competition from things like Venomoth and Lilligant. Their stats are pretty poor and have many challenges trying to set up. Even at +1, they are easily OHKOed by choice scarfers and are also vulnerable to Accelarock and Ice Shard. You need to build a team around them to actually be worth a team slot.

The only reason to use them is Quiver Dance and even then they face competition from things like Venomoth and Lilligant.
Oricorio does have competition as a Quiver Dancer, but Lilligant isn't one of them. While she has a higher SpAtk stat then Oricorio, her offensive movepool is TERRIBLE, with her only non Grass-Type special moves being Pollen Puff, Tera Blast and Hyper Beam (lol). Her only niche I can think of is a sun sweeper, though you'll have to use your tera to get good coverage with TB Fire. But sun isn't great in the lower tiers since Torkoal isn't available, and if you are fine with using a Quiver Dancer that is heavily reliant on tera then Frosmoth is almost always better since it has a great ability, a relatively better offensive typing and hits harder.

Oricorio does have competition as a Quiver Dancer, but Lilligant isn't one of them. While she has a higher SpAtk stat then Oricorio, her offensive movepool is TERRIBLE, with her only non Grass-Type special moves being Pollen Puff, Tera Blast and Hyper Beam (lol). Her only niche I can think of is a sun sweeper, though you'll have to use your tera to get good coverage with TB Fire. But sun isn't great in the lower tiers since Torkoal isn't available, and if you are fine with using a Quiver Dancer that is heavily reliant on tera then Frosmoth is almost always better since it has a great ability, a relatively better offensive typing and hits harder.
I forgot to ment to say Vivilion. Liligant while it's offensive movepool is worse has better bulk along with sleep powder and Encore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)