Resource ORAS OU Teambuilding Competition - Revived! (21st Round Voting on post #414 - Absorbing Abilities)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
And with that Team 5 by Insou has won this round! Congratulations, I will be certain to add this to the hall of fame accordingly alongside the pending ones! Phenomenal work everybody!

Up to the next round we go!

Round 9
/
/
/
/

I like priority, it keeps me warm and cozy in tight situations!

The challenge of this round will consist of building a team with 2 priority users. This can be included on your standard priority attacks in: Mach Punch, Ice Shard, Extreme Speed, Aqua Jet, etc. Priority induced by ability is also allowed, like Gale Wings and Prankster!

This round submission slate will last until Saturday at 1:00pm GMT -5, after that Voting will ensue until Monday

Cheers!

Last edited:
MEGA CHARIZARD X + BANDED DRAGONITE HO

:bw/azumarill: :bw/breloom: :bw/dragonite: :bw/excadrill: :bw/charizard: :bw/azelf:
Team : https://pokepast.es/12117f2295e14df4

So for this week teambuilding comp , I will just submit my old team, it s feature 3 priority user which is breloom, dragonite and azumarill.

The teambuilding process : I like the core of dragonite and zard x, this core pressure bulky water , clef and rotom wash which can help each other to sweep. The next Pokémon , I'm using azumarill because it s an underated sweeper. Azumarill offers a fairy typing which is good since 2 of our pokemon are bad against dragon type.

Now the team looks quite bad against stall especially stall with quagsire/mega venusaur core so for the fourth partner , I will be using lansat berry breloom because it able to lure mega venusaur which azumarill appreciate and can help team win against stall.

The last pokemon I will be using scarf excadrill because team is quite weak against rock and it can be quiet deadly for endgame while providing volt immunity.

Replay : https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6ou-1580253465-jcvp0p6fjm6m7i86f2ixdsleanusxtxpw

Viable change that you can use :
1) sash suicide lead landorus over azelf because you can save it to annoy mega lopunny.
2) taunt bisharp over breloom because it also helps against stall.
3) mega gyarados can be use over mega charizard because it pressure same stuff but it s weaker

Last edited:

Amir

Banned deucer.
Choice Banded Breloom + Specs Latios Bulky Offense

I really wanted to make a choice banded Breloom team for this competition, as it is a really underrated powerhouse of a mon and a great balance breaker. I partnered it with Thundurus as a way to slow things down with priority thunder wave and play a role as a bird check while also providing momentum with Volt Switch, Tank Chomp was chosen here as I wanted a safe and reliable rocker which helps with chipping Mega Lopunny and checking Volcarona, as I am running the SpD variant it can also lure in Mega Diancie if needed. I went with Azumarill as a secondary Volcarona check and an offensive tool with Belly Drum and priority Aqua Jet, it also functions as a Weavile check which is very much welcome, protect on here helps with the Mega Lopunny MU as you have limited answers to it and being able to block fake out helps flips games. Latios fulfills the role as an offensive defog mon and breaker and helps apply pressure along with Breloom vs fatter cores. Finally, I needed a steel type and I liked the idea of Scizor as it completes the Volt turn core with Thundurus and helps reliably check Weavile and pursuit trap Mega Alakazam.
Once again, this team will take some practice to get used to at first, but if you look at BW OU games, this team fits that style of hard hitters and proper positioning.

Mega Scizor + SubSeed Serp Offense
:xy/scizor-mega::xy/weavile::xy/serperior::xy/talonflame::xy/excadrill::xy/slowbro:

1677714892078.png

This is once again a revamp of one of my favorite teams that has gone a bit outdated.

:scizor-mega: - standard EV spread to outspeed Bisharp, non-scarf Magnezone, and most Heatrans.

:weavile: - the nuke of the team. Very important at weakening steel types for the rest of the team. It can also knock off Magnezone's scarf, allowing Mega Scizor to outspeed Magnezone.

:serperior: - SubSeed Serp is a forgotten threat that thrives in low ferro environment. It also doesn't have to predict a torn switch, since sub is free and you can either leech seed or double sub on the u-turn. HP Fire for ferrothorn but also for HO w/ Bisharp / Mega Scizor as serperior is vital against them. It also helps vs. amoonugss. I went with max SpA since I've found the extra HP for Rotom-W almost never applicable, but the extra spa points hit very hard at +2/+4.

:talonflame: - max atk + sharp beak hits like a truck. It checks moth and acts as a solid revenge killer against HO. Against balance Talonflame's role is to be a kamikaze. SD into landing huge chip on Volcanion, Garhcomp, Zapdos often wins the game for Scizor if rocks are up. Against Cofag teams, Talonflame is the wincon. Weaken Volcanion and let Talon shine. Flare Blitz for Zapdos and Skarmory. EV's to outspeed Jolly drill.

:excadrill: - standard set.

:slowbro: - eject button slowbro is a cool tech to bring a free Weavile in. Against pokemon that are a bit tough to check like Mega Zam / Mega Diancie / Mega Gardevoir, it can act as a one time pivot to allow in Scizor to mega evolve safely.

+2 252+ Atk Talonflame Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Zapdos: 255-300 (66.4 - 78.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Sharp Beak Gale Wings Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 136+ Def Volcanion: 261-307 (71.9 - 84.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Sharp Beak Gale Wings Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 240 HP / 176+ Def Garchomp: 298-352 (71.4 - 84.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Sharp Beak Gale Wings Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 128 HP / 0 Def Manaphy: 189-223 (50.6 - 59.7%) -- 85.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Sharp Beak Gale Wings Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Thundurus-Therian: 250-295 (83.6 - 98.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:

Insou

formerly LoveStallLiveLife
Mega Lopunny+Shuca Bisharp Screens Offense
:sm/Manaphy: :sm/Serperior: :sm/Victini: :sm/Landorus-therian: :sm/Bisharp: :sm/Lopunny-Mega:
Team Details
The main Offensive core of Mega lopunny, Bisharp, and scarf victini threatens the majority of the defensive cores in the metagame. Landorus as the suicide lead with sd and explosion allows you to chip down the opposing team and prevent deffogers such as zapdos from removing the rocks. Naturally like most hyper offensives, this team is threatened by webs offense; nonetheless, with Mega lopunny, this team excels against mirror offensive archetypes as it is able to break the sash of most offensive leads such as landorus, excadrill, azelf, aero and etc. Bisharp with shuca berry allows you to live an earthquake from landorus and 0hko with Knock off afterwards. Much like the majority of the team, its longevity is prolonged with the help of screens. Jolly nature over adamant is preferred for this team to deal with slow gliscors, and zapdos. Rain dance Manaphy enables you to break stall efficiently you and deal with minor threats such as dnite as it lives an outrage and revenges with ice beam afterwards.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Let me post something right quick

Pretty offensive team using my twisted rule of prankster counting as priority (klefki + weavile). Centered around cleaning with either zam or bulky dd nite. I like klefki, really hates excadrill so keeping up hazards can be a challenge but it is a great response to a lot of threats in a pinch, similar to thundurus, with the prankster twave. Neutering some important targets. Specs Starmie has the perk of being a more dangerous keldeo to switch into, and outspeeding serperior and company is extremely important cause otherwise it is a bitch to deal with (it was a keldeo)

Bulky DD Dragonite is essentially inspired by a set shared in an spl dump ages ago, really pulls up its weight and setup so reliably. Goated volc check. Phys Def is some weird circumvention cause technically the team is better with fat chomp cause keeping exca has had its perks (hazard removal for easier dnite sustainability and just making clef not an autolose). Spread helps with bisharp and physical attackers in a pinch, with enough investment to survive diamond storm + earth power from diancie at full. Weavile is self explanatory for zam support to get rid of torn, really good mon.

Very weak to scizor so there are a ton of spreads to try to alleviate some stuff some what. You can pull through vs most things with good positioning. Trust your abilities, pull up your pants, and have fun!

Amir

Banned deucer.
This is quite tough, all the teams are really good.
Team 1, looks very powerful and very threatening to opposing HO teams, however, the weakness of SR is noticeable having only Azelf as the taunt mon, but you overcome by pressuring opposing Excadrill with everything, I am more concerned about bulkier cores such as SR Clef + Cofagrigus teams.
Team 3, looks almost like something I have made in the past, using the same tech with the Eject Button Slowbro and Sub Seed Serperior, I love the aesthetics and comfort this team feels based on experience. However, I would like to point out the stall MU which could be a bit difficult.
Team 4, I do like how it looks at first on paper, but I was a bit curious about why not opt for Final Gambit on Victini to completely remove Slowbro and Clefable while also heavily denting tank chomp for Bisharp and Lopunny. But the overall nice team, the mons are fine but I would personally change some things.
Team 5, Very cool usage of Specs Starmie, quite an underrated pokemon in general and very difficult to switch in on, and I love how it can support Dragonite by taking advantage of tricking an unfortunate Clefable. One noticeable error is the Trace > Magic Guard on Alakazam, I would only fear opposing Excadrill and I see you have an answer by trading with your own Excadrill, but another solution I would suggest is eject button fairy lock Klefki and then blast them away with your Starmie, or ensure a trick without fear of the opponent switching vs a Clefable. Looks like a fun team.

For this matter, I will choose team 1, Mega Zard X is a difficult pokemon to build around and this type of team is a way to showcase the classic offensive core of Breloom + Mega Zard X and how they link into one another.

Stuck between team 5 or team 3, but my vote ultimately goes to
TEAM 5

I love the idea team 3 is going for, I really do, but I feel that offensive electric mu in the form of mane/thundurus is a bit too annoying for it, maybe if you had an av tang or smth, but that's just my take, either way I really liked both teams!!

MrAldo

Hey
And on a round that has been a fan favorite with a really damn close voting round, Team 1 by Bored Pikachu has won this round by 1 vote. This was a great round where everyone had a good shot, glad it delivered. Will be added to the hall of fame at some point in time.

Now to the next round, yes yes yes

Round 10
/
/
/
/

UUBL

The topic for the next round will be building a team with 1 UUBL Mon! There will be obvious restrictions for this one since ORAS doesnt get affected usage, Mega Alakazam, Volcarona and some others remained in UUBL LMAO. So for this one stuff that is seeing great usage and effectiveness in tours and general perception will not be allowed. List of UUBL mons not allowed are: Mega Alakazam, Volcarona, Mega Altaria, and quite frankly Mega Gallade.

This round will last until Saturday 11th at 11:59 PM GMT -5. Have fun!

DIGGERSBY OFFENSE
:sm/diggersby: :sm/Lopunny-Mega: :sm/magnezone: :sm/rotom-wash: :sm/landorus-therian: :sm/latias:

Team : https://pokepast.es/7c590ecb7b61d096

Team description : For this week, I likes to build diggersby because I think it's cool Pokémon and it able to hit hard. I likes to pair diggersby with mega lopunny. Very simple core that revolves around offensive redundancy. These two target stuff like Lando-T, Rotom-W, fat Garchomp, etc. in hopes of breaking them down for each other which will ideally open up huge opportunities later on. You also get standard breaker (Diggersby) + cleaner (Lop) synergy here which is phenomenal, as they can cover each others innate weaknesses to speed and fat things respectively. Not much else to say, double bunny offense is pretty simple. This core of diggersby and lopunny can break a lot of things, but has difficult breaking things like Skarmory, Scizor. An electric type can easily be paired with it to break past these mons.So, I would like to use magnezone because its ability to trap opposing skarmory and mega scizor. For defensive core , I will just use basic core which are Landorus, rotom wash and latias.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)