Gen 6 ORAS OU bulky offense

Hello, I'm slowly getting into competitive and would like some rating for my team!

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge

Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe

- Spore
- Toxic
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Amoonguss is mainly there to deal with threats that don't respond well to just using damaging moves. Spore for putting things to sleep, Toxic if possible to at least put a timer on having to deal with a mon, Giga Drain for STAB and to restore health. In the last slot I have hidden power fire, because my team is otherwise short on answers to Ferrothorn.

Azumarill @ Assault Vest

Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature

- Waterfall
- Power-Up Punch
- Superpower
- Play Rough

Azumarill is pretty straightforward. Waterfall and Play Rough for STAB, Superpower for Coverage and Power-up Punch for getting some free Attack boosts here and there. It's supposed to take and dish out hits, even if it's not very fast. I considered Aqua-jet, but I don't know what to drop it for as having only Superpower or Power-Up Punch would mean the moves can't compensate for each other.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite

Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature

- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance

This thing is supposed to do damage and block any physical hits. Between it and Assault Vest Azumarill I should have something of a defensive core. Bullet Punch and Bug Bite are there for Technician-Boosted damage, while Knock Off is some more coverage thet gets rid of items. Also Swords Dance, because sweep potential.

Mew @ Leftovers

Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk

- Nasty Plot
- Defog
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Mew is another Stat-Booster with Nasty Plot to round out the so far Physical Team. Boltbeam is there for coverage, which after a boost should hit most things pretty hard. No STAB, but that should be fine. Defog is there instead because I had so many Problems with Stealth Rock and Sticky Web in testing.

Raikou @ Expert Belt

Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe

- Aura Sphere
- Thunderbolt
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Raikou is another Special Attacker, this time focused on coverage via Expert Belt. Thunderbolt for STAB, Aurasphere and Extrasensory for Coverage and lastly Hidden Power Fire for all the Bug-Grass/Steel Types. It's the only natural fast mon on the Team, but I hope the bulkdrop was worth avoiding anotheer Scarf.

Mamoswine @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide

Mamoswine isn't OU, but it naturally hit's hard and is a good answer to the 4x Ice-Weak Dragons that are crawling everywhere. With Scarf, this Outspeeds pretty much anything. Earthquake and Icicle Crash for STAB and Rock Slide for coverage. Stealth Rock is there to throw people off and get some unexpected hazards in.

Last edited:
To make it resist special attacks a bit more. I figured I had the physical side covered with Scizor and Azumarill has pretty good HP so I made it the Makeshift special tank on the team.

To make it resist special attacks a bit more. I figured I had the physical side covered with Scizor and Azumarill has pretty good HP so I made it the Makeshift special tank on the team.
if youre gonna use a special tank you should try using something like Reuniclus with regenerator and AV. Azumarill is just 2x weak to way to many things with a weak spd to boot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)