Denied ORAS Megas and how They've Changed the Metagame

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Hi, this is my first time, sorry if it isn't up to par!

So I was trying to decipher whether or not to do this, so here it is!

I was planning on writing an article about all of the new OR/AS Megas and how they've affected all of the official tiers.

To start off, I was going to share all about the changes to PU, and continue from there.

First of all, there is Beedrill & Mega Beedrill, which got skyrocketed into UU. Beedrill got moved into UU because of the new usage of it's mega. Mega Beedrill was boosted into UU because of it's monstrous Speed & Attack stat and ability, Adaptability. This allowed a ton of different and unique ways to use Mega Beedrill.

[img]

Then there was Camerupt & it's mega. Even though they haven't been moved (yet), they are currently being suspected, along with Glalie and it's Mega. Camerupt got a ton of new usage because of it's Mega, movepool, and Ability. Mega Camerupt's Ability, Sheer Force, is probably one of the best abilities to give to a mega of this sort. Despite it's low speed, it's new ability and improved defenses make up for that. With it's new 70/100/105 defensive spread and sweet 145 Special Attack, good ability, and access to moves like Lava Plume, it can become an amazing offensive Pokemon to any PU team. Just make sure to have some other Pokemon to cover it's two weaknesses!

What I just typed is a little snippit of what my article would look like and how it would justify as much as possible of the new megas and how they can improve many tiers, such as Mega Lopunny's scrappy ad High Jump Kick

This looks like something better suited for The Smog, where they accept more competitive based articles (an article has just been released on all the new megas, however).

The Player looks for more Pokemon Showdown related articles, whether it be on the rooms, users, or competitive aspects directly linked to it (like randbats). Thanks for the submission however, and don't be afraid to submit more in the future.

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
As Spydreigon said, The Smog is your preferred outlet for anything unrelated to PS! and its many facets.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)