Media One Piece (spoilers!)

I saw a theory that…
Vegapunk did the 10 minute timer as a trap for the Gorosei, knowing they would appear on Egghead to put a stop to the broadcast, and now it will activate a live stream of the island, exposing them all as demons and showing Nika to the world as a hero. It would be a big brain move, fitting of Vegapunk, and would also resolve many of the panels from this week that showed many different characters having no clue what is really happening.
damn that's smart

Actually wondered why they needed video transmission for a spoken message. It being a stream of Egghead makes so much sense

btw Vegapunk's a chad. Love the guy

all in all I am having more and more doubts that the WG will be the final villain of One Piece

They're breaking apart quite quickly whilst Blackbeard is becoming stronger and more resourceful constantly

I think the final arc will be about Imu trying to reset/destroy the world and Blackbeard trying to bring a state of anarchy, and that the final fight will be between Luffy and Blackbeard

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oda sure knows how to drag it out— spit it out!!!
We all remember the infamous 5 minutes in DBZ…

I saw a theory that…
Vegapunk did the 10 minute timer as a trap for the Gorosei, knowing they would appear on Egghead to put a stop to the broadcast, and now it will activate a live stream of the island, exposing them all as demons and showing Nika to the world as a hero. It would be a big brain move, fitting of Vegapunk, and would also resolve many of the panels from this week that showed many different characters having no clue what is really happening.
Yeah I saw this too this would be awesome if true.

Speaking of big brain moves - your username - you knew Vegapunk would be Stella 15+ years ago, didn’t you?

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
It's a pretty cool theory I just have one doubt - Vegapunk has not shown any sense of slyness so I have trouble thinking that he planned it like that. Also he initially wanted to broadcast it immediately which may not have worked as reliably.

1709401843234.png

1709401837750.png

Here does he just mean "in that time...they'll find a way to stop this broadcast" or is there something specific?

Would be really cool if Gear 5 doesn't get broadcast but the giant robot busts out of the ground and everyone loses their mind.

Good to see cover stories are back.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
all in all I am having more and more doubts that the WG will be the final villain of One Piece

They're breaking apart quite quickly whilst Blackbeard is becoming stronger and more resourceful constantly

I think the final arc will be about Imu trying to reset/destroy the world and Blackbeard trying to bring a state of anarchy, and that the final fight will be between Luffy and Blackbeard
I’m starting to agree. The WG will fall to the revolution, but then there’s one last boss looming over utopian anarchism— the threat of Anarcho Capitalism bringing all of the oppression right back to serve its own greed.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well this is gonna be a long 3 weeks.

Anybody else surprised Mars didn’t just kill Lucci right there? Was also surprised he actually mentioned “try not to kill Kaku plz”

Well this is gonna be a long 3 weeks.

Anybody else surprised Mars didn’t just kill Lucci right there? Was also surprised he actually mentioned “try not to kill Kaku plz”

Why would he kill a valuable & such loyal servant? Its not like they'll get easily someone as strong or stronger, competent & loyal agent who would not rather be a Marine Admiral. They don't give a shit about humans but certainly are calculated enough to not just kill people with merit for their military might on a whim.

Now that we're on extended, I'd like to propose some theories

1. I don't think the transformations of the elders are mythical zoans, I don't think they have devil fruits at all. They've shown unnatural abilities such as being able to teleport and doing summonings already, which are neither haki nor df related. Being unkillable is also not exactly df related, unless it's a possible effect of the Ope Ope no mi operation
2. Their conqueror's haki seems odd to me to. Every character with Conqueror's we've seen so far has/had serious ambition, I believe this is a condition that has to be fulfilled to use Conqueror's. What ambition do the elders have, beyond wanting to preserver a status quo? Maybe they had some kind of ambition in the past, but I think it's more likely that they received their conqueror's in an unnatural way.
3. Ok so here's a theory I've been having since a while. Remember this scene from Marineford?

I think it foreshadows something.

We know that Doffy is a former celestial dragon. We don't know anything about Croc's past, but we can assume that he was a regular person before becoming a pirate. We also now know of Buccaneers, and it seems Jozu is a Buccaneer, as he has the size, the skin color and looked very similar as a kid to how Kuma looked as a kid:

You can see a 12-year old Jozu at 1:02

Doffy stands on a bound up Jozu to talk down to Croc. Doffy is a former celestial dragon, Crocs is a former regular person, I think it's safe to assume, with all being mentioned, that Jozu is a former slave. He's most likely a buccaneer and the imagery of a celestial dragon binding him up and using him to stand over a regular person underlines that

I believe that after the God Valley incident, Whitebeard found Marco, Jozu and Vista as abandoned slave children and adopted them, forming the Whitebeard crew after Xebec (seemingly) died at God Valley

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 2)