Tournament OMPL XI - Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaiah

Here today, gone tomorrow
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader

Art by Blazenix
Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7 | Playoffs | Finals
Information Thread | Roster | Schedule | Standings | Replays
There are 8 teams this year. Each team will have have 8 players and at least 4 subs. The players are bought using the 100k credits that managers receive during the auction. Managers and co-managers will be allowed to purchase themselves as players for their team at a fixed price of 13.5k. The managers must inform the hosts (Isaiah, UT, and KaenSoul) of all self purchases before the beginning of the auction. Teams can win their matchup every week by winning 5 of the 8 matches that their players have to play.
The tier lineup this year is as follows:​
  1. SV Almost Any Ability
  2. SV Balanced Hackmons
  3. SV Godly Gift
  4. SV Mix and Mega
  5. SV NFE
  6. SV STABmons
  7. SV 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5)
  8. SV Anything Goes
It is recommended to play all games on SmogTours in the most current version of the format corresponding to those listed above. Games can be played on the Pokemon Showdown main server, but run higher risk of interference from server restarts/crashes. The result between players may be decided in a best-of-one or best-of-three at the discretion of both players involved. If there is no agreement, the result will decided in a Bo1 by default.​
Winning a round rewards a team with 2 points, drawing 1 point, and losing zero points. In addition, the manner in which the round has been won will also be recorded i.e. the difference between a team's wins and losses in a specific week's round (referred to as "Win Differential").​
Playoffs:​
Each team will play one another for seven weeks. Based on the final standings, the top 4 teams will enter a Playoffs Round to determine the teams appearing in the finals.​

Tiebreaker
In the event of two teams being tied for a spot in the finals based on points and win differential, or a tie in the final round itself, we will have a tiebreaker round(s).​

Tiebreaker Rules: One metagame will be picked by each manager, and each manager will also pick one metagame to strike. Additionally, each manager will submit a backup meta to strike in case their choice is the same as the opposing team's pick. The third format will be determined at random by the hosts from the remaining unpicked, unstruck metagames. In the event that the picks and strikes from each manager are the same, the hosts will determine both the second and third format at random based on the remaining options. All three metagames must be unique, so no format can be picked twice.​

Substitutes
Substitutes are to be used in the case of extenuating circumstances, whether on the first day of the week, or the last. At the same time, players should be relatively well-aware of who all are available to play in the opponent's camp. If last minute substitutes are being frequently used or abused and the hosts find explanations unsatisfactory, the hosts still reserve the right to veto them. In order to further prevent this being the case teams are only granted a maximum of two substitutes per week. Any substitutions after the second will be vetoed.​

Trades
The hosts have decided to not include trades this year due to reasons outlined in this thread - all roster decisions will be final, so draft carefully!​

Scheduling
Scheduling should be done on Smogon Profile walls, plain and simple:​
  • If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. Feel free to call activity in this thread beforehand
  • If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a manager may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win.
TL;DR: Post on your opponent's Smogon wall, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you can't play for any reason, let your manager know so they can sub you out ASAP.​
Use these posts as a place to initiate discussion about bo1 or bo3 as well (or bo5 vs bo7 for 2v2)!

Sportsmanship
Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to the Other Metagame Premier League will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the OMPL host/OM mods. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception. This rule is meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament.​
All players must complete their matches by the given deadline. Any incomplete matches by that time will be subject to an activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S WALL); otherwise, it will be a deadgame. All matches should ideally be done on your most notable alt (the one you registered for OMPL with) to avoid confusion and all match replays must be saved and posted in this thread.​

Substitutions & Lineups
Managers, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the manager and assistant manager of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent, and all of the hosts (Isaiah, UT, KaenSoul). This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.​
Managers, when you send in lineups, please send it in with the tier and Smogon username of each player fully written out for ease of transcription, following these guidelines exactly.​

Matchups

:Wigglytuff:The Wiggly Family (Dragonillis and Palapapop) - [4][4] - The Terrible Tyrants (drampa's grandpa and kenn) :Tyranitar:
SV 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Despacito87 vs yuki
SV Almost Any Ability: Osake vs shiloh
SV Anything Goes: polt vs Inder
SV Balanced Hackmons: TTTech vs quojova
SV Godly Gift: Meta vs blinkboy
SV Mix and Mega: Pokemon Trainer 596 vs SpaceSpeakers
SV NFE: ojr vs lepton
SV STABmons: RoFnA vs Fissure

:Flutter Mane: Fluttermania (KarpeSan and adem) - [3][5] - Gods as Ghold (Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂ and Eledyr) :Gholdengo:
SV 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): crying vs Chris32156
SV Almost Any Ability: Atha vs Ivar57
SV Anything Goes: Fogbound Lake vs TaxFraud
SV Balanced Hackmons: Leru vs Chessking345
SV Godly Gift: Jrdn vs Fraise
SV Mix and Mega: kDCA vs damflame 3
SV NFE: fade vs PandaDoux
SV STABmons: Clementine vs abriel

:Virizion: W Virizzions (hayedenn and Greybaum) - [3][5] - Soul-Stealing Seven-Star Solgaleos (Fc and Guard) :Solgaleo:
SV 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Vrji vs Fragments
SV Almost Any Ability: hariyana grande vs DugZa
SV Anything Goes: Taka vs Guard
SV Balanced Hackmons: cityscapes vs pdt
SV Godly Gift: gum vs Dr. Phd. BJ
SV Mix and Mega: xavgb vs Icemaster
SV NFE: Stareal vs clean
SV STABmons: pannu vs Fc

:Dubwool: Dubwool Entendres (Redflix and Quantum Tesseract) - [4][4] - Photon Geezers (Tea Guzzler and ponchlake) :Necrozma-Ultra:
SV 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): DripLegend vs Krytocon
SV Almost Any Ability: The Number Man vs MZ
SV Anything Goes: Terracotta vs Bread Sandwich
SV Balanced Hackmons: XxLazzerpenguinxX vs Tea Guzzler
SV Godly Gift: Lily vs ponchlake
SV Mix and Mega: Quantum Tesseract vs db
SV NFE: King Leo V vs Tuthur
SV STABmons: Kaif vs LBDC

Deadline:
10:00 PM (GMT -4) on May 28th, 2023
SV 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Despacito87 vs yuki
SV Almost Any Ability: Osake vs shiloh
SV Anything Goes: polt vs Inder
SV Godly Gift: Meta vs blinkboy
SV Mix and Mega: Pokemon Trainer 596 vs SpaceSpeakers
SV NFE: ojr vs lepton
SV STABmons: Rofna vs Fissure

SV Almost Any Ability: atha vs Ivar57

SV Anything Goes: Terracotta vs Bread Sandwich

Last edited:

Career Ended

Whatever happens, happens
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris the defending Other Metas Circuit Champion
no explanation predicts go!

SV Almost Any Ability: atha vs Ivar57 can you guess why this one is bolded (hint: its the hl)

SV Anything Goes: Staxi vs Bread Sandwich

go tyrants

Morgan

Morgius Sweep
is a Pre-Contributor
2v2 predicts (excluding my team)
crying vs chris - more experience with format despite not playing get. built sv in pool league tho. crying starting 2v2 is ?? is glitched busy?
vrji vs fragments - Why did you do my boy fragments like this. drafting him solo 2v2 no support T_T
drip legend vs krytocon - krytocon is on more drugs than drip legend so he wins mid diff.

ponchlake

cult of personality cult leader
Dubwool Entendres - [1][7] - Photon Geezers: Predictions
SV 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Drip Legend vs Krytocon - Krytocon has 2 O's in his name while Drip Legend has none. Krytocon wins via 2 O's in his name.
SV Almost Any Ability: The Number Man vs MZ: MZ has the shorter name, reflecting his small stature in real life. MZ wins via Napoleon Complex and Dwarven rage.
SV Anything Goes: Staxi vs Bread Sandwich- Staxi has a gluten intolerance, making Bread Sandwich his worst nightmare. Bread wins this.
SV Balanced Hackmons: XxLazzerpenguinxX vs Tea Guzzler - Penguins are flightless birds without opposable thumbs, meaning that if Tea were to hand Sevag a hot cup of tea, Sevag will drop it the moment they try to grab it with their flippers. Tea wins this battle via spilled tea, but ultimately he loses the war because he's still British at the end of the day.
SV Godly Gift: Lily vs Ponchlake- Lily has the shorter name, reflecting her small stature in real life. Lily wins via Napoleon Complex and Dwarven rage.
SV Mix and Mega: Quantum Tesseract vs db - db is a bit of a silly fella. Can we say the same for QT?
SV NFE: King Leo V vs Tuthur - Tuthur got that dawg in 'em
SV STABmons: Kaif vs LBDC - Pannu is stinky

cat

anemoia
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
:Wigglytuff:The Wiggly Family (Dragonillis and Palapapop) - [3][4] - The Terrible Tyrants (drampa's grandpa and kenn) :Tyranitar:

SV 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Despacito87 vs yuki better player methinks
SV Almost Any Ability: Osake vs shiloh - personally i think Osake is the better player as 1) more experience in the tier 2) french
SV Anything Goes: polt vs Inder - https://pokepast.es/196ce6b671ca07f6
SV Balanced Hackmons: TTTech vs quojova -this is a hard one, both are really good players BUT i think tech can pull some random mon and win thru surprise factor
SV Godly Gift: Meta vs blinkboy -better player methinks
SV Mix and Mega: Pokemon Trainer 596 vs SpaceSpeakers -as much as 596 is a cool guy i think space has more experience in the tier cos iirc 596 just started
SV NFE: ojr vs lepton -better player methinks
SV STABmons: RoFnA vs Fissure -better player methinks

:Flutter Mane: Fluttermania (KarpeSan and adem) - [4][3] - Gods as Ghold (Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂ and Eledyr) :Gholdengo:
SV 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): crying vs Chris32156 -better player methinks
SV Almost Any Ability: Atha vs Ivar57 -Atha has gone through a training arc and i am sure they will beat Ivar
SV Anything Goes: Fogbound Lake vs TaxFraud -better player methinks
SV Balanced Hackmons: Leru vs Chessking345 -better player
SV Godly Gift: Jrdn vs Fraise -better player methinks
SV Mix and Mega: kDCA vs damflame 3 -not sure tbh
SV NFE: fade vs PandaDoux -better player methinks
SV STABmons: Clementine vs abriel -unsure but i think abriel is better

:Virizion: W Virizzions (hayedenn and Greybaum) - [0][4] - Soul-Stealing Seven-Star Solgaleos (Fc and Guard) :Solgaleo:
SV 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Vrji vs Fragments -better player methinks
SV Almost Any Ability: hariyana grande vs DugZa -ngl idk both of them
SV Anything Goes: Taka vs Guard -better player methinks
SV Balanced Hackmons: cityscapes vs pdt -better player methinks
SV Godly Gift: gum vs Dr. Phd. BJ -idk both
SV Mix and Mega: xavgb vs Icemaster -as much as everyone likes stresh i think icemaster has starting grinding MnM like crazy so
SV NFE: Stareal vs clean -idk either
SV STABmons: pannu vs Fc -obv the better player\

:Dubwool: Dubwool Entendres (Redflix and Quantum Tesseract) - [3][3] - Photon Geezers (Tea Guzzler and ponchlake) :Necrozma-Ultra:
SV 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): DripLegend vs Krytocon -better methinks
SV Almost Any Ability: The Number Man vs MZ -better methinks
SV Anything Goes: Staxi vs Bread Sandwich -better probs
SV Balanced Hackmons: XxLazzerpenguinxX vs Tea Guzzler -both are really good so idk
SV Godly Gift: Lily vs ponchlake -same thing
SV Mix and Mega: Quantum Tesseract vs db - its QT
SV NFE: King Leo V vs Tuthur -better methinks
SV STABmons: Kaif vs LBDC -better methinks

BH Predicts:
All 3 of these games are highlight games
TTTech (40) vs (60) quojova
TTTech teams up with his PMPL opponent Onyx against his PMPL teammate quojova after losing to Onyx. Both players typically bring super solid, but slower teams, so expect this game to go for a while. I'm going to give quojova the slight edge this game because I feel like TTTech is more prone to making mistakes especially in a longer game. In reality though, this could just be a matchup game where one team brings a bulky offensive mon that wins long term.

cityscapes (75) vs (25) pdt
This could be one of the most interesting BH games this OMPL, featuring two strong players, but neither are familiar with the meta nor have good team support. So we might see some extremely unique teams compared to the meta featuring crazy sets. Giving edge to city because she did play the SV meta a bit in the first weeks and should do better with building without support. Should be a really fun game to watch regardless.

XxLazzerpenguinxX (5) vs (95) Tea Guzzler
A super interesting matchup featuring players with good team support. Compared to the first mu, this game should be a lot more fast paced with both players leaning more offensive than fat balance. Tea will have more consistent support considering QT has their own slot and might need to support other slots. However, Tea will take the win because he managed to join a test game between Sevag and QT, instantly granting him a notable advantage.

Ren

fuck it if i cant have him
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The Wiggly Family (Dragonillis and Palapapop) - [0][0] - The Terrible Tyrants (drampa's grandpa and kenn)
SV 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Despacito87 vs yuki - stronger player but p sure despacito is good enough to turn this around
SV Almost Any Ability: Osake vs shiloh - shiloh is prob the best aaaer in the pool in my humble opinion, Osake may edge out in building though.
SV Anything Goes: polt vs Inder - I think I played among us with this guy once
SV Balanced Hackmons: TTTech vs quojova - quojova is definitely the stronger player but tttech has onyx as support. I'd be very worried if I was quojova
SV Godly Gift: Meta vs blinkboy - Meta is the goat
SV Mix and Mega: Pokemon Trainer 596 vs SpaceSpeakers - idk who the other guy is I'm SORRY
SV NFE: ojr vs lepton - lepton has insane confidence issues from what I remember, but if she can overcome those she takes this. otherwise ojr wins and I'm leaning more towards lepton needing a bit of time to get into the groove
SV STABmons: RoFnA vs Fissure - I hear rofna is good, but I've been super impressed with Fissure before and wouldn't be surprised if he made a strong debut especially considering this is rofna's first premier league

Fluttermania (KarpeSan and adem) - [0][0] - Gods as Ghold (Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂ and Eledyr)
SV 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): crying vs Chris32156 - could go either way, Chris is stronger but crying manages to find the most insane matchups ever. Wouldn't be surprised if she won this at all despite Chris being way more established
SV Almost Any Ability: Atha vs Ivar57 - I rate Ivar more, Atha is still definitely good but apparently Ivar 4-0ed Atha in the money tour. Might be a case of kryptonite
SV Anything Goes: Fogbound Lake vs TaxFraud - IRS doesn't take long to catch up to people
SV Balanced Hackmons: Leru vs Chessking345 - I know something you don't. Not sure if that something is enough though! Toss up
SV Godly Gift: Jrdn vs Fraise - jordan
SV Mix and Mega: kDCA vs damflame 3 - I don't know the other guy
SV NFE: fade vs PandaDoux - ily panda but fade pulled like a 8-1 or some shit last PL and is named after a valorant character which is an inherent buff in nfe, look at Jett
SV STABmons: Clementine vs abriel - clem reminds me of someone I play mafia with.

W Virizzions (hayedenn and Greybaum) - [0][0] - Soul-Stealing Seven-Star Solgaleos (Fc and Guard)
SV 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Vrji vs Fragments - we teamed for something once and vrji did not stop winning
SV Almost Any Ability: hariyana grande vs DugZa - dugza SHOULD win but I'm putting my faith in hari bc I love ariana
SV Anything Goes: Taka vs Guard - pichus told me Guard is the best ag player rn by far
SV Balanced Hackmons: cityscapes vs pdt - rough opp to load into week 1, pdt can still take this bc I think he's the better player but Erin is incredible enough that pdt's gonna have to learn the meta at an unfair rate. If this was later in the tour I'd prob pick pdt but
SV Godly Gift: gum vs Dr. Phd. BJ - has more meta knowledge. If this was later into the tour I'd probably pick gum though
SV Mix and Mega: xavgb vs Icemaster - call it a gut feeling
SV NFE: Stareal vs clean - tyrantrum
SV STABmons: pannu vs Fc - Fc losing to pannu would be funny as fuck

Dubwool Entendres (Redflix and Quantum Tesseract) - [0][0] - Photon Geezers (Tea Guzzler and ponchlake)
SV 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): DripLegend vs Krytocon - DripLegend could go 7-0 and I'd still predict against them bc of the name. Krytocon is also just incredible
SV Almost Any Ability: The Number Man vs MZ - TNM goes clubbing every Saturday night. There's gonna have to be an emergency sub which Mz's gonna roll
SV Anything Goes: Staxi vs Bread Sandwich - Staxi plays Ubers
SV Balanced Hackmons: XxLazzerpenguinxX vs Tea Guzzler - I think Tea Guzzler is just really good and Sevag also changed his name to the dumbest thing which is a debuff
SV Godly Gift: Lily vs ponchlake - would be fairly even but this is a meta where there's little variety in teams and Lily is better playing wise in a meta Lily BTW did you watch volume 9 i need to know
SV Mix and Mega: Quantum Tesseract vs db - it's qt and I don't recognize the other guy
SV NFE: King Leo V vs Tuthur - 3k buff. He's back in his prime
SV STABmons: Kaif vs LBDC - Kaif is just really good at Pokemon, I don't think the meta knowledge gap matters much here but it could flip. LBDC isn't a pushover either

RoFnA

Vegan funktioniert ned
is a Top Tiering Contributor
SV 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): crying vs Chris32156 no clue about 2v2 but crying will win
SV Almost Any Ability: atha vs Ivar57 even tho i think Atha will be prepared for Well Baked Body Corviknight this time, Ivar57 will win this
SV Anything Goes: Fogbound Lake vs TaxFraud both very good players but Fogbound is my choice
SV Balanced Hackmons: Leru vs Chessking345 Chess is the better BH player here imo
SV Godly Gift: Jrdn vs Fraise haven't seen Jrdn play GG. But in AAA he is very consistent so I think he will do it
SV Mix and Mega: kDCA vs damflame 3 French fries
SV NFE: fade vs PandaDoux french army will help him so gg
SV STABmons: Clementine vs abriel is very strong in every meta especially Stab. so he will take the win home

SV 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Vrji vs Fragments dont really know Vrji
SV Almost Any Ability: hariyana grande vs DugZa clearly Dugza here
SV Anything Goes: Taka vs Guard Guard is my choice
SV Balanced Hackmons: cityscapes vs pdt pdt is the better BH player imo
SV Godly Gift: gum vs Dr. Phd. BJ you really have a doctor title in bj ? my respect
SV Mix and Mega: xavgb vs Icemaster MnM Goat
SV NFE: Stareal vs clean clean choice
SV STABmons: pannu vs Fc Fc will win this one as Pannu stated he doesnt want to play stab

SV 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): DripLegend vs Krytocon still no clue about 2v2
SV Almost Any Ability: The Number Man vs MZ TNM in slight favour in this one
SV Anything Goes: Staxi vs Bread Sandwich Staxi is a good Ubers player so he will take this one
SV Balanced Hackmons: XxLazzerpenguinxX vs Tea Guzzler guzzles the tea
SV Godly Gift: Lily vs ponchlake punches the lake
SV Mix and Mega: Quantum Tesseract vs db QT does what QT does best
SV NFE: King Leo V vs Tuthur Tuthur better NFE player imo
SV STABmons: Kaif vs LBDC Kaif is a very good player in general and he will win this one

Anyway good luck and have fun to all teams :)

SV NFE: Ojr vs Lepton - Last time they fought was at NFEPL VI where Lepton won her game in a very dominant fashion as the matchup was in favor of her by a long shot. So this is not a new matchup by any means. Now I'll give it to Ojr mainly because I've had my own huge issues with Lepton in recent times. Their teams are basically "great concepts, but lacks solidness", and how they played the games has felt very sloppy compared to her previous performances at other tournaments in recent times. However, the matchup isn't very one-sided regardless because she got Blinkboy as another NFE supporter which could solve the teambuilding problem I mentioned, and if she steps up her plays this can be the closest MU in this tournament. I'm confident with Ojr but Lepton can take this win. Either the gameplay will be very close or very one-sided, with nothing slight in between.

SV NFE: Fade vs PandaDoux - PD is the better builder and has more experience in NFE, while Fade is a much better player fundamentally but hasn't played NFE or built anything so it's easy to pinpoint for me to bet on PD winning. But if Fade managed to get some decent teams, then it'll be pretty close despite the managers not drafting any other noticeable NFE mainers :/
PD has a strong chance to take a good win here, but then again my predictions ain't always right so take a grain of salt on me on these bets overall...

SV NFE: Stareal vs Clean - Stareal is literally advantageous in everything over Clean. Like Clean is an excellent player overall, but damn they do not have any NFE Mainers support and lack the NFE experience compared to Stareal. Like would they even be active or give some comment on teams? I see Clean in so many tournaments that makes me question if they have the time to care for OMPL to begin with. If Clean's team manages to use their time to check of the tier works and make their own take on NFE teams Clean then it would be closer. It's pretty possible considering I think most NFE players slack on pushing this tier further on, so if they simply give Clean a good team they'll have a safe chance to win. This matchup is basically tour players vs tour players so who outplays the other matters more than the matchup IMO.

SV NFE: King Leo V vs Tuthur - Tuthur should be the clear winner considering they've played SV NFE and have taken some of their time to learn the tier. Hell, they even got 5dots as a supporter/alternative player which is one of the most active players rn. Leo has not touched Gen 9 NFE at all. But we got 3k Leo here... So out of the odds, I'm betting this on King Leo V to win here. Prove me wrong 5dots and Tuthur >:)

These player matchups are going to be so messy once Home comes out because that's basically a reset and there's no excuse for anyone not being able to build as everyone is in an even field at that point. Either way, good luck to everyone. It'll be fun to see what you guys are bringing out before home comes out and messes everything up :blobuwu:

Last edited:

Hugo

Rain Main (+2 GMT)
is a Tiering Contributor
also here are the official 2v2 predictions so you don't have to think anymore on who is the best

Yuki vs Despacito87 - people really need to stop sleeping on despacito, some heat will be shown that match just know that (also prob 1 of the most
exciting 2v2 MUs this round)

Crying vs Chris - no explantation needed, chris is one of the 2v2 goats

Vrji vs Fragments - I am really rooting for Fragments but I have the feeling gen 9 just isn't his 2v2 gen but hopefully he proves me wrong :)

Drip Legend vs Krytocon - honestly I have no idea who is gonna take this, Driplegend is criminally underated tho and somehow ended up at the bottom of some prseven after going 7-0 in the last tour so I am hoping Drip takes this

mnm predicts
Pokemon Trainer 596 vs SpaceSpeakers: Pokemon Trainer 596 has only recently started playing mnm and i think space has got the better chance here. however, pt is a great pilot and have got clas support so it's possible for them to win.

kDCA vs Damflame 3: could go either way, but i think kDCA has got the edge here

xavgb vs Icemaster: heat mu, i cant predict what would happen but leaning towards xavgb more

Quantum Tesseract vs db: db has got this

Last edited:

pannu

MEDKIT CUZ SHES HEALABLE
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
SV Almost Any Ability: Osake vs shiloh, Shiloh is better as a player but idk how up to date he is with current AAA, osake can def pull thru
SV Balanced Hackmons: TTTech vs quojova, I watched TTTech lose to a team I built that had a diancie on it the other day, I do not have faith in this man and never will ever again.
SV Godly Gift: Meta vs blinkboy, I like metas play + build more than blinks, also more experienced
SV Mix and Mega: Pokemon Trainer 596 vs SpaceSpeakers 596 is really underrated, a fantastic builder with 100% investment and motivation. Ive played spacespeakers before and they weren't super amazing, albiet it was a few months ago and in SS so idk maybe SV is treating them better, I have more faith in the pokemon trainer tho.
SV NFE: ojr vs lepton HL(?), jr is the better builder but lepton has been on a roll recently, excited to watch this live
SV STABmons: Rofna vs Fissure RoFnA teams leave much to be desired IMO, I think fissures hard to prep crackhead style is gonna pull thru here.

SV Almost Any Ability: atha vs Ivar57 This is an insane matchup LMFAOO w1?nah that's insane, anyways we just saw this and ivar won last time, plus European bias.
SV Balanced Hackmons: Leru vs Chessking345 Nihi prep = goated
SV Godly Gift: Jrdn vs Fraise Jrdn is better albiet I think his motivation is a bit shakey with the pre-home meta.
SV Mix and Mega: kDCA vs damflame 3 Dca stinks in SV tiers, go damflame
SV NFE: fade vs PandaDouxPanda Doxxed has better build support (read: any building support at all) so I think he wins this in the builder
SV STABmons: Clementine vs abriel This Clementine kid has the biggest ego ive ever seen, bro stalks me and plays every tier I like playing, and is always worse than me in them too? thenhe begs for my predicts? even if he didn't have an attitude I still think abriel is better.

SV Almost Any Ability: The Number Man vs MZ Europe bias
SV Balanced Hackmons: XxLazzerpenguinxX vs Tea Guzzler Idk how much sevag has played sv but teas motivation + activity in the tier alongside is really good prep and building should absolutely give him the advantage here.
SV Godly Gift: Lily vs ponchlake I don't think lily has touched GG at all this gen,meanwhile I personally rate ponch as the best GG player atm
SV Mix and Mega: Quantum Tesseract vs db I have personal beef with both of these guys however QT is actually good at the game unlike DB so as much as it hurts to bold I gotta go with them here
SV NFE: King Leo V vs Tuthur idk how much leo has played SV but tbh this could be someones first game of mons since BW1 was CG and they'd still win vs tuth
SV STABmons: Kaif vs LBDC both are these guys are like fishermen to me, the one that fishes the best winsimo

GLHF everyone, I hope we can all have an amazing OMPL, also can we change our team name please hayedenn Greybaum

:Wigglytuff:The Wiggly Family (Dragonillis and Palapapop) - [3][5] - The Terrible Tyrants (drampa's grandpa and kenn) :Tyranitar:

SV 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Despacito87 vs yuki 35-65
SV Almost Any Ability: Osake vs shiloh 40-60
SV Anything Goes: polt vs Inder 60-40
SV Balanced Hackmons: TTTech vs quojova 40-60
SV Godly Gift: Meta vs blinkboy 70-30
SV Mix and Mega: Pokemon Trainer 596 vs SpaceSpeakers 60-40
SV NFE: ojr vs lepton 45-55
SV STABmons: Rofna vs Fissure 40-60

:Virizion: W Virizzions (hayedenn and Greybaum) - [4][4] - Soul-Stealing Seven-Star Solgaleos (Fc and Guard) :Solgaleo:

SV 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): Vrji vs Fragments 65-35
SV Almost Any Ability: hariyana grande vs DugZa 45-55
SV Anything Goes: Taka vs Guard 40-60
SV Balanced Hackmons: cityscapes vs pdt 65-35
SV Godly Gift: gum vs Dr. Phd. BJ 30-70
SV Mix and Mega: xavgb vs Icemaster 60-40
SV NFE: Stareal vs clean 90-10
SV STABmons: pannu vs Fc 40-60

:Dubwool: Dubwool Entendres (Redflix and Quantum Tesseract) - [4][4] - Photon Geezers (Tea Guzzler and ponchlake) :Necrozma-Ultra:

SV 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5): DripLegend vs Krytocon 55-45
SV Almost Any Ability: The Number Man vs MZ 60-40
SV Anything Goes: Staxi vs Bread Sandwich 55-45
SV Balanced Hackmons: XxLazzerpenguinxX vs Tea Guzzler 45-55
SV Godly Gift: Lily vs ponchlake 35-65
SV Mix and Mega: Quantum Tesseract vs db 65-35
SV NFE: King Leo V vs Tuthur 40-60
SV STABmons: Kaif vs LBDC 45-55

lots of pairing could go either way but it's boring to make everyone tie + lazy to make comments

Tea Guzzler

forever searching for a 10p freddo
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
BH Predicts:

Both of these players are very capable and I expect that this could swing either way. Honestly, though, I think the stars align for TTTech and Onyx here; quojova is stuck largely without support from his own team, and with Slaking's ban, the stall/semi-stall structures that TTTech and Onyx specialize in are likely viable brings at last. It remains to be seen if quojova's skill can pull through these advantages. Probably the highlight BH game of the week.

Neither of these players have up-to-date meta knowledge, but city's is probably more up-to-date (they have actually played gen 9 BH). city also learns relatively quickly and they have access to more support, as the Virizions have multiple non-mainers to throw ideas around + hayedenn builds pretty competent teams that can be used for testing. I don't really know enough about pdt to gauge how well they can fight back here.

If you read my personal BH PR you'd know that I don't think Fluttermania are exactly the paragons of BH. I think that Chessking will likely be able to out-prep and outplay their way through this matchup, as I don't think Nihilslave (Leru's support) is too up-to-date with the current meta and Nihil's unique structures don't make for the easiest piloting.

Also I will be doing BH game reviews every week like OMWC.

LordBox

you should love yourself... NOW!
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
AAA predicts:

Osake vs Siloh:
Ngl I don't really know Shiloh too well but apparently they can click well and performed well in the money tournament and have solid support from the likes of Career Ended and SpaceSpeakers so they make a solid pairing. However Osake is a very solid player himself and actually knows the tier well + having cumps as support who is an solid AAA builder as well (the amount of people abusing their team) means I'd give the edge to Osake/cumps for their ability to cook (or maybe Shiloh is crazier than I expect)

TNM vs MZ:
I don't know either too well in the context of the SV AAA but I do know TNM was crazy good last gen and has seemed to actually keep up a bit this gen albeit less active, usually sitting comfortably at the top of the ladder and also MZ is also a great player performing well in the AAA money tournament. Giving it to TNM due to difference in team support (Tea you're great and all but unfortunately it isn't BH and QT is the GOAT) and also since TNM seems more sufficient in terms of meta knowledge in order to cook.

Atha vs Ivar57:
All 3 of these matchups are super close to tell but this is probably the closest for me. Both are supremely great players who are very self sufficient, can cook and have decent support (Abriel and Jrdn I assume). However if you put a gun to my head and made me pick, I gotta pick the one who 4-0'd the other just a bit ago (although maybe Atha is undergoing a training arc and will pull off his revenge?)

All predicts right too easy GO VIRIZZIONS

Last edited:

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
quick bh predicts

SV Balanced Hackmons: TTTech vs quojova - quojova is better at the game but probably equally as experienced in bh, should be quojova win given no autolose matchups.

SV Balanced Hackmons: Leru vs Chessking345 - if this was week 3 or 4 i would predict Leru because he's better at pokemon, but since it's week 1 and given leru does not play test games i will bold chessking due to his bh experience.

SV Balanced Hackmons: XxLazzerpenguinxX vs Tea Guzzler - in my experience sevag is better at the game and also crazy about bh for some reason. he's probably going to tryhard and win, but this one should be close i think.

berry

what kind
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Hello. It's me: regirock. I am most well known for my incredibly high activity in the other metagames room on pokemon showdown, but here's what I'm more well known for: winning THE world cup of other metagames (fifth edition). See my signature for proof. Luckily, ompl has been blessed with my presence once again, and I am offering predictions and valuable insight on the format that I know the most about. Generation 6 Pure Hackmons. While not included in this tournament (or any edition of the other metagames premiere league for that matter), I will still be offering my predictions and valuable insight on every Generation 6 Pure Hackmons game played between any two players of this edition of the other metagames premiere league. It's a well known fact that the side events at any tournament are better than the actual tournament, so I encourage all to participate.

Deadline for week 1 is 11:00 PM (GMT -4) on May 28th, 2023. This is exactly one hour after the OMPL deadline, so you will have exactly one extra hour to john. Please post your results on my wall and I will be back in next week's thread with my opinions and in-depth analyses.

GOOO BEDROOM BLISSEYS
1684781740704.png

Hisuian Human

Banned deucer.
also here are the official 2v2 predictions so you don't have to think anymore on who is the best

Yuki vs Despacito87 - people really need to stop sleeping on despacito, some heat will be shown that match just know that (also prob 1 of the most
exciting 2v2 MUs this round)

Crying vs Chris - no explantation needed, chris is one of the 2v2 goats

Vrji vs Fragments - I am really rooting for Fragments but I have the feeling gen 9 just isn't his 2v2 gen but hopefully he proves me wrong :)

Drip Legend vs Krytocon - honestly I have no idea who is gonna take this, Driplegend is criminally underated tho and somehow ended up at the bottom of some prseven after going 7-0 in the last tour so I am hoping Drip takes this
Krytocon too stronk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)